Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,825 comments
Hi :)

Has anyone the BKR Toyota GR86 Time Attack Mod and can tell me how i can change the dash pages in AC like shown in the mod's video ?

Here at 1min3sec >

And do more mod cars have this feature ?

this one also does not let my system maintain a steady 72 fps (testing in exact same conditions, i do get that with any Kunos car)
I have these red "spikes" (which I usually do not have , that is normally a flat red line:
View attachment 1168722

hope this learns you what needs to be tweaked ... I believe that red line is the frametime.
GPU is also high , normally this sits below 100 % (maybe these spikes are a result of GPU being too high, I don't know )
1656952487183.png
on sx_dubai : 20 pits

1656952515371.png
on spa : 60 pits

To understand if it's better or not please use LOD A (original) and LOD A extra that I've made for you. Do not change mod during your test. I've no VR so I cannot help you there. Try mod also without VR with STOCK loda and extra ones. I would like to undertand if it's better or not. (VR introduce some others variables because for example it use shaders AT in different way to make or not transparency so also performance can change)
tried with the different LOD A one you had sent, and it seems to make not much difference in vr (screenshot made earlier was with the extra LOD A btw, but i forgot to mention that in my post.
On Single screen (none-VR) I see no difference in performance either with the new LOD A file.
Still it shows at least 5 percent of gpu usage more for your Impreza compared to Aphigods mod (which does not 'spike' in VR),
but VR amplifies that gpu difference at least by a factor of 2 and I guess even more with Postprocessing on (x4 I guess)...
So that 5 % more cpu would translate to 20% more in VR (wild free speculation here semi-based on the little I know about how VR works).
@Masscot as you are also an avid VR user (more then me perhaps!) , and much more experienced in Assetto modding,
do you have an idea what could be the "optimization" Aphigods Impreza has that flyingsaucer's Impreza lacks for it to run smooth in VR?
(see the 2 comparing screenshots with one showing the dreaded "red spikes" and fps drops )

This was quite a rabbit hole

i think we are mixing up the name. It seems to be DMM, which i think was involved with the japanese version of AC.

By Jove - I do believe you've cracked the code!
Can't really tell from the video how that version compares to the various Marigoldiolioportfolio/Reboot/New RD versions... I was too distracted by the realisation that some people steer by telekinesis using a ghost driver, while multicoloured slugs slowly crawl up and down the screen.

I wonder if the legend is true and this mysterious Eastern track absolutely will not work with our evil gaijin Westernised version of AC?

View attachment 1169142 on sx_dubai : 20 pits

View attachment 1169143 on spa : 60 pits
do you have this difference when filling the whole grid on each track, or this is with same number of opponents on both ?
But interresting to know what makes this difference for you (the number of pits or actual cars on track)?
Anyway, it's a not a factor in my case , as I use the default Kunos spa (24 pits) always for testing (w 5 similar car ai opponents).
Only thing i change is the car mod (and some perform way worse compared to the thousand others that run fine).
So I do stick with the belief that it's poor optimizing in the car mod itself, and not to do with my settings or the track.
(until proven wrong) :)

By Jove - I do believe you've cracked the code!
Can't really tell from the video how that version compares to the various Marigoldiolioportfolio/Reboot/New RD versions... I was too distracted by the realisation that some people steer by telekinesis using a ghost driver, while multicoloured slugs slowly crawl up and down the screen.

I wonder if the legend is true and this mysterious Eastern track absolutely will not work with our evil gaijin Westernised version of AC?
haha.

But we should definitely see if we can find out more about these JDM only mods and the japan only AC.

Anyone know anything more about this version?

Last edited:
haha.

But we should definitely see if we can find out more about these JDM only mods and the japan only AC.

Anyone know anything more about this version?
Only what's on the web, such as...
We have a lot of Japan-created car and track mods that work just fine so I wonder what's special about Fuji that makes it unplayable with the Steam version of AC?

just bought and tried it, here my first impressions:

The mirrors give very poor image quality (like 2-3 fps) and there are 40 mirrors according to mirrors config app.
Turn off real mirrors and the image is ok, but then you don't see the rear wing (and i like to see if DRS is on or not, so real mirrors is almost a must for me - there also does not seem to be an indicator on the wheel that DRS is on).

Performance seems ok (in vr i get steady fps and no spikes in frametime).

Also seems to handle quite well, spins out when it needs to and has no ABS and TC available at all.
(I know it's not on a real F1 car since 2008 and i mean this as a good thing, because in the F1 '22 game they decided to allow TC to be turned on anyways :lol: )

I hope they fix the mirrors soon. (or is this a bug in CSP, and of no fault of RSS?)

EDIT: another big disappointment on this RSS one is the rpm LEDs are hardly visible (without PP !) ,
something i have no issue with on the ACFL F1 '22 car (which is till now my favorite '22 f1).
ACFL F1 '22 car (which is till now my favorite '22 f1).
That's interesting seems like RSS has a lot of competition this time around. I heard that the MSF version has former F1 drivers' feedback during their physics. There is VRC, RSS, ACFL, and MSF making or have f1 2022 mods that I know of.

do you have this difference when filling the whole grid on each track, or this is with same number of opponents on both ?
But interresting to know what makes this difference for you (the number of pits or actual cars on track)?
Anyway, it's a not a factor in my case , as I use the default Kunos spa (24 pits) always for testing (w 5 similar car ai opponents).
Only thing i change is the car mod (and some perform way worse compared to the thousand others that run fine).
So I do stick with the belief that it's poor optimizing in the car mod itself, and not to do with my settings or the track.
(until proven wrong) :)
However, you seem to be the only one having these problems so far. I can't speak on the topic of VR, of course, but I just drove 55 more of these 22b at Le Mans and had 60fps throughout (singlescreen 3440x1440, i7-8700k, 1080ti). So the car can't be optimized that badly. ;) But it would be really interesting to know if other VR users have had the same experience (ideally also with a 3070).

Last edited:
I haven't investigated this extensively yet--maybe someone knows exactly what to do.

I'm recently having an issue where tracks look a little dark when first loaded. To remedy this, I go to the first page of settings and click on the "default settings" button, and in a couple of seconds, everything brightens up. I save the settings, but the track is darker again when I reload it. Is there a setting or checkbox somewhere, either in CSP settings or "in-game" that I can select so I don't have to do this every time? Maybe something's been added that's causing this issue.

Using CSP 0.1.78.
I have the same problem since updating to CSP 0.1.78, but only in VR (Oculus Rift CV1). In single screen mode I don't have the problem. I'm using the latest SOL 2.2.2 with the standard __Sol PP-filter. I disabled the VR tweaks of CSP, but it doesn't solve the problem.

just bought and tried it, here my first impressions:

The mirrors give very poor image quality (like 2-3 fps) and there are 40 mirrors according to mirrors config app.
Turn off real mirrors and the image is ok, but then you don't see the rear wing (and i like to see if DRS is on or not, so real mirrors is almost a must for me - there also does not seem to be an indicator on the wheel that DRS is on).

Performance seems ok (in vr i get steady fps and no spikes in frametime).

Also seems to handle quite well, spins out when it needs to and has no ABS and TC available at all.
(I know it's not on a real F1 car since 2008 and i mean this as a good thing, because in the F1 '22 game they decided to allow TC to be turned on anyways :lol: )

I hope they fix the mirrors soon. (or is this a bug in CSP, and of no fault of RSS?)

EDIT: another big disappointment on this RSS one is the rpm LEDs are hardly visible (without PP !) ,
something i have no issue with on the ACFL F1 '22 car (which is till now my favorite '22 f1).
The mirrors are a CSP bug but there is a fix coming from RSS. The RPM lights are ppfilter dependent but they are also looking at boosting those. Last there is a DRS light. Look at the outline of everything on the screen. It lights up green. If you are in direct sunlight, it can be hard to spot but if you have any kind of shade it should be easy to see. Also, the RSS car conforms to the current F1 regulations. None of the others do.

Last edited:
That's interesting seems like RSS has a lot of competition this time around. I heard that the MSF version has former F1 drivers' feedback during their physics. There is VRC, RSS, ACFL, and MSF making or have f1 2022 mods that I know of.
I tried the MSF, I love the model, it's basically a Ferrari F1-75, it's been made by an Italian team lol, but as a Ferrari fan I love it. On the physics I can't tell, definitely performance looks good, a little less performing than the VRC, but few tenths of a second difference considering in Barcelona I did 1.18.5xx with VRC and 1.18.7xx with MSF, MSF is also easier to drive, but doesn't have porpoising, so for me is like not simulating properly and the F1 cockpit camera looks really bad. Driveability in general I can't tell if it is simulative enough as I am not an F1 driver and noone seems to review it

Ah it must have been a special one off that never got released then. This car has ended up as a dead project because it turned out to be a nightmare to make the correct physics for so I won't release my version. It isn't in a complete state and has somewhat experimental physics lol.
Crikey, I remember this car..! A few of us were trying to lick it into shape a few (3?) years ago, as I recall.
Mine is also on 0.95.
Probably worth resuscitating and finishing off now, what do you reckon? @El Locho has already added wipers.

Le Mans 1982 update 1.02
released at racedepartment and should be available via CUP system, too.

added some track cut penalty areas
widened start grid for Le Mans Start layout (AI also behaves better now)
fixed smoke not working on grass and sand
new AI line by leBluem
adjusted track map width
added helicopter sound (but don't expect that it'll work for you because it's still CSP buggy)
adjusted GrassFX
reduced number of split times from 4 to 3 because of compatibility issues
fixed some other small issue
added cam sets by @DaBaeda

Last edited:
View attachment 1169106 F175 Steering Wheel for the Ferrari Spec (rss_formula_hybrid_2022)

The W13 Steering Wheel add-on is made for the rss_formula_hybrid_2022_s, but I though it was pretty clear since the other one is based on the F175. It doesn't make any sense to put the Mercedes steering wheel into a Ferrari chassis, but for people with weird taste it just take to change the kn5 name inside the ext_config.ini.
Hello bensrac32,

first of all I would like to thank you for your work, the various steering wheels are a real enhancement for this car. However, I noticed a small error in the Ferrari steering wheel. It is only visible if you disable the arms in cockpit view. (See image)

Attachments

• Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2022_ks_red_bull_ring_4-6-122-20-52-36.jpg
    Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2022_ks_red_bull_ring_4-6-122-20-52-36.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 72
Hello bensrac32,

first of all I would like to thank you for your work, the various steering wheels are a real enhancement for this car. However, I noticed a small error in the Ferrari steering wheel. It is only visible if you disable the arms in cockpit view. (See image)
That's a bug which is related to the car. I cannot do nothing just minimize it.

Crikey, I remember this car..! A few of us were trying to lick it into shape a few (3?) years ago, as I recall.
Mine is also on 0.95.
Probably worth resuscitating and finishing off now, what do you reckon? @El Locho has already added wipers.
I have 0.96b already with wipers but it won't be touched in this form until @megolito ever gets back on it. I guess it will do no harm anyone fixing up what's out there though but @megolito was really close to nailing the physics with it and then went AWOL as far as I can remember.

I have 0.96b already with wipers but it won't be touched in this form until @megolito ever gets back on it. I guess it will do no harm anyone fixing up what's out there though but @megolito was really close to nailing the physics with it and then went AWOL as far as I can remember.
I don't think El Locho's wipers work on this car anyway - maybe they're for a different base?

We have a lot of Japan-created car and track mods that work just fine so I wonder what's special about Fuji that makes it unplayable with the Steam version of AC?

"With the full cooperation of Fuji Speedway, based on the new course designed by Hermann Tilke for the 2007 F1 Japan GP, DMM GAMES is a course mod that completely reproduces the latest course shape and road surface at the beginning of 2020. Free distribution has started exclusively for the PC version!

This course MOD was developed based on the latest survey data, and it is a complete reproduction of Fuji Speedway official approval, including advertisements in various parts of the course and even one bolt. (As of early 2020)

In addition to survey data, thorough supervision by professional racer "Sho Tsuboi" is included in order to maximize the reproducibility in the game. Sho Tsuboi is the 2019 professional class champion of the "Interproto Series" held at Fuji Speedway every year."

edit:

rabbithole just got deeper
1656964943323.png

Last edited:
Reworked Crystal Palace from Kit Lethby
Added GrassFX,RainFX,New Trees,Cameras,Blimp and Balloons from Masscot
Have Fun
DaBaeda
Download:

Attachments

• Crystal Palace 1.jpg
    Crystal Palace 1.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Crystal Palace 2.jpg
    Crystal Palace 2.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Crystal Palace 3.jpg
    Crystal Palace 3.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Crystal Palace 4.jpg
    Crystal Palace 4.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Crystal Palace 5.jpg
    Crystal Palace 5.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 24
Mine is also on 0.95.
I don't think El Locho's wipers work on this car anyway - maybe they're for a different base?
The wipers are for the version Fanapryde shared here:

This one comes with a readme:
1656963569367.png

The wipers are for the version Fanapryde shared here:

This one comes with a readme:
View attachment 1169171
Weird. That should be the same version I've got, but it's very possible I pissed about with the car beyond v0.95. I do have an 'unpacked' folder in mine, so maybe. I'll redownload from @Fanapryde's link and add your wipers.
Edit: me being dumb. I added it to an 'extension' folder in the car folder but didn't rename it to 'ext_config.ini' (I like to keep configs in the car folder). Twit!

1656965246585.jpeg

Last edited:

"With the full cooperation of Fuji Speedway, based on the new course designed by Hermann Tilke for the 2007 F1 Japan GP, DMM GAMES is a course mod that completely reproduces the latest course shape and road surface at the beginning of 2020. Free distribution has started exclusively for the PC version!

This course MOD was developed based on the latest survey data, and it is a complete reproduction of Fuji Speedway official approval, including advertisements in various parts of the course and even one bolt. (As of early 2020)

In addition to survey data, thorough supervision by professional racer "Sho Tsuboi" is included in order to maximize the reproducibility in the game. Sho Tsuboi is the 2019 professional class champion of the "Interproto Series" held at Fuji Speedway every year."

edit:

rabbithole just got deeper
View attachment 1169172
Is this avaliable for European download?

Wow i didn't know that this version exists. Well it looks nice compared to the Reboot Team version that i have, but i don't know why this track mod is region locked to Japan-only. I have never ever seen a mod that will only work on a certain region of a same game.

Last edited:
Lola-Aston Martin B09/60 DBR1-2 Lemans Aero Kit 2010 Version 0.12

A full pack with different aero packages will come sometime in the future.

Download Link:https://www.mediafire.com/file/zl89znx28juoir7/kc12_aston_dbr1-2_lmp1.7z/file

Updated Lemans Prototypes: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/p05kc571r5thj/Lemans_Prototype_Updates

Other Mods Updated: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/hb0hx8n6y3c8b/Assetto_Corsa_Mods_1

Authors: NeilB1971,Peugeot905,kcader,Fullnoise,Mach-77

Model: NeilB1971

Physics: Peugeot905,kcader

Engine Mapping: Mach-77

Sound: Fullnoise

Info/Test Data

Time: 12:00 pm Weather: Clear Track: Optimum

Tempature: 26.0 C Wind: 0 mph

Lemans FH7

Setup

Tyres: Soft Ride Height: 4 Wing: 0,0

Fuel start:22 Fuel end: 11

Lemans Real Laptime: 3:26.680 Speed reached: 209.5 mph

Ai Level 100 me Lap 1: 3:26.994 Lap 2: 3:26.891 speed reached: 210.1 mph

me Lap 1: 3:27.987 Lap 2: 3:26.983 speed reached: 209.4 mph

Spa Kunos

Setup

Tyres: Soft Ride Height: 4,4 Wing 0,0

Fuel start: 11 Fuel end: 4

Spa Real Laptime:

Ai level 100 me Lap 1: 2:02.565 Lap 2: 2:02.624

me Lap 1: 2:02.987 Lap 2: 2:02.764

Photos

View attachment 1168459

View attachment 1168460
Dunno if that's just me, but everytime I try to drive this car it tells me the LODs list is missing. When I unpack the data.acd to check all the .ini files are full of gibberish text, even when I use the data.acd directly from the zip archive.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back