Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,779 comments
Did a couple AI fixes this weekend. Sebring 66 and Suzuka GP (again, now better).

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/suzuka-circuit-faster-ai.58583/

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sebring-1966-faster-ai.59027/

Screenshot_ac_legends_gtc_corvette67_sebring_60s_18-2-123-3-45-0.jpg

I've recorded a new "pit_lane.ai" for "sebring_60s" to prevent the AI cars from driving through the players cockpit, when leaving the pits as this is totally immersion breaking in VR. Remove .txt after the download and copy "pit_lane.ai" to the ai folder of the track.

Attachments

• pit_lane.ai.txt
    68.8 KB · Views: 34
Hi everybody!
I have a great model Jaguar XJ220 1992 Martini racing. Who can convert it to Assetto corsa? I can't unfortunately. I would be very happy to have it in my collection. Please, if anyone can, convert it. The original model was take from NFS Rivals.

Link for download:

Anyone know if you can alter headlight colors through a car's ext_config file or do I need to crack open the data file and edit the lights.ini file? Some of the AC Legends cars have really colorful headlight colors and I can't stand them. I'm not a fan of blue headlights. I much prefer a simple whiteish\yellowish looking light. Just want to know which is the best method to use.

About helmets, I still a fan of this particular one, early 80’s (the brand is Simpson).
I dislike the stig one even if it is an inspiration of those.

Attachments

• 2311A8AE-CB62-4020-80A4-2FBD2156B8A1.jpeg
    2311A8AE-CB62-4020-80A4-2FBD2156B8A1.jpeg
    60.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 8B42250C-E8B8-4CEE-BC9B-068BA5B1F9DB.jpeg
    8B42250C-E8B8-4CEE-BC9B-068BA5B1F9DB.jpeg
    93.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 8C9BFFF7-5361-49FF-8C52-F2CEF9650A8F.jpeg
    8C9BFFF7-5361-49FF-8C52-F2CEF9650A8F.jpeg
    316.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 11DA1A6F-50C6-436F-AB61-7574B487B1EF.jpeg
    11DA1A6F-50C6-436F-AB61-7574B487B1EF.jpeg
    183.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I would bring that up with them on their page.
Here are the newly updated Next-Gen cars that are designed for Oval Racing that are waiting to be put up on the page.

These cars have been updated to run smoothly on oval tracks. Tires, Setup, AI, etc have been adjusted to give a better experience in turning left at high speeds. Here's a share before they get it up officially on their page.
Setup is neutral so that it makes it easier for asymmetrical setups. AI on 100% is very competitive and have been tested with very little crashing (which is a known problem with AC's AI on oval racing).
Please Delete older versions due to some file changes such as duplicate skins.
View attachment 1241406
View attachment 1241408View attachment 1241407

Great cars! May I ask where the origin is from? And will you post updates here as well, since no facebook access?

Thank you!

Anyone playing AC on an external HD ? How do you make it work ? Have way too many files on my computer and an empty , working HD laying around lol.
depends on what version of windows you are on. but get familiar with symlinks/junctions.

in my case ac main installation is in c:\program files, additional tracks and cars on the other drive (folders also named \cars and \tracks) are in junction with folders in the ac main installation. i prefer "link shell extension" (https://www.heise.de/download/product/link-shell-extension-39057).

i hope you external drive is no turtle (and needs a assigned/fixed drive letter)!

(see for reference: https://www.howtogeek.com/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/ ;

Last edited:
depends on what version of windows you are on. but get familiar with symlinks/junctions.

in my case ac main installation is in c:\program files, additional tracks and cars on the other drive (folders also named \cars and \tracks) are in junction with folders in the ac main installation. i prefer "link shell extension" (https://www.heise.de/download/product/link-shell-extension-39057).

i hope you external drive is no turtle (and needs a assigned/fixed drive letter)!

(see for reference: https://www.howtogeek.com/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/ ;
Was thinking about installing the game on another drive as I'll be starting on a new machine anyway (laptop, I'm always on the move so....).

Anyone playing AC on an external HD ? How do you make it work ? Have way too many files on my computer and an empty , working HD laying around lol.
I am. I posted about it here:

Moved to a new computer and my Content Manager won't recognize the specific date setting and give me fall color like before, any ideas? P.S. Where is the Content Manager folder located?

Last edited:
That's why i ALWAYS put in my config

[BASIC]
IGNORE_OTHER_CONFIGS = 1

Never understood the way to create a config outside the track folder. If you delete the track, and not the config, you will always have a lot of crap in the extension folder. Since 2014 i had in my HDD over 1gb of VAO and config which were useless until i removed everything.
Where you write this?

Great cars! May I ask where the origin is from? And will you post updates here as well, since no facebook access?

Thank you!
Thanks Fall Guy.
These are a collaboration between Christopher Dwyer and Darren Schier from Assetto Corsa Nascar Mod group. They do a lot of their own modelling. The source cars may have come from somewhere to begin with, I'm not really sure. Chris has since passed away during this and the car was left a tad on the unfinished side mainly regarding physics. And as we know, AC really doesn't do Ovals very well. That's where I worked to fix that. I figured it would be nice after his passing to try and get the group a good working oval car that tried to fix some of the issues. The tires need to work within certain parameters or they just burn up. Using original tires, the front rights turn lava red. Aero and engine including gear ratios allow for the car to reach real life speeds on tracks like Daytona, Texas, Michigan and so on. AI worked to not crash al the time.
I don't do moddeling, I'm a physics guy so if there are issues outside of the data folder, I have to pass them on to people who are more proficient in that area. If we need to fix anything, I can post updates here. While maybe every single detail hasn't been accounted for, (like the in car display), we have a fairly good representation of the Next Gen Nascar cars that people can have fun with.

Last edited:
Anyone know if you can alter headlight colors through a car's ext_config file or do I need to crack open the data file and edit the lights.ini file? Some of the AC Legends cars have really colorful headlight colors and I can't stand them. I'm not a fan of blue headlights. I much prefer a simple whiteish\yellowish looking light. Just want to know which is the best method to use.
Try something like this
[EMISSIVE_LIGHT_...]
NAME= meshname
COLOR = xx, xx, xx 'Values you want
OFF_COLOR = 0, 0, 0

@Mike08

I've just downloaded and installed your Ibarra update from your Patreon page, and it looks nothing like your images. It still looks like the original old mod, and there's no grassfx. I've double-checked the installation, and even downloaded the last version (from Breathe's list) and reinstalled it, then installed your updates, and it didn't make any difference. I've also checked to make sure there isn't an ext_config in the main extension folder in the AC directory, I'm using CSP 0.1.79, ID 2144.

UPDATE! -- @Mike08 replied to me on Patreon. You must download and install the track mod for which he provides a link on his post. Then install his updates. Do not use any of the other versions that are available for Ibarra. It now looks wonderful, like the image.

1.png

Last edited:
inside the ext_config.ini of the track (or car) like you see

[BASIC]
IGNORE_OTHER_CONFIGS = 1
Thank you!

Friends, can someone send me a good power.lut for F1 1995 and F1 1996?

I don't know how to edit the power.lut.
F1 1995 hits 301km/h and F1 1996 reaches the 346km/h
Something is very wrong, 'cause the top speed of both it's like 315km/h

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back