- 662

- Canada
@jac0kinda strange imho...
I post here sometimes skins I made for myself in first place (i love making them and seeing them on track... , but then I think how many hours I spent on them and how it would be nice to also make some other ppl happy with them...
so I post a link for ppl who want to download and use them...
If I were to just post pics of the skins I made, without a url to share them, that would be odd..
I'd be like "look what I made!" , "but you can't have it ... "
And by no means are the skins I make perfect... that's not a requirement for something freely shared with the community here, is it?
I think many would love to be able to play with (and potentially improve on ) mods you create ; even if they are not perfect. Esp since you create stuff that isn't in AC yet , it's borderline cruel to keep it to yourself
Seriously now; isn't the best enjoyment to be had in sharing your efforts with the community?
(as long as you don't wanna sell it that is )
Or are you worried someone might then release your efforts as their own? (That would be a valid concern I guess)
Anyway , just my opinion, you do as you want obviously!
I for one would welcome your work , flawed or not (also a mod-junky here - with 6730 cars currently in my "collection")
Cheers!
I agree whole heartily with you. I enjoy making skins and then seeing them on cars in my races. I have fun making skins of liveries I can't find or a totally fictional skin I think would look good on track. I have shared some of them here on GT Planet for those that would care to have them and hope they bring some sort of enjoyment for that brief time they get used in game.
I have also had them posted on another site claiming to be done by another creator, which really ticked me off for a while, not cool IMO. My skins are in no way perfect either, but I try to make a decent representation that will be recognizable in game and that which I'm happy with and as you say, get enjoyment by sharing with the community which I benefit from other creators as well.