Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,363 comments
Yep the AA and RAC only exist for Alfa Romeos.....

Its a myth, all cars have failures, some even worse than Alfa.
Reputational damage came from the Alfa Sud using cheap recycled steel from Russia (where else) IIRC.
Also they were made near the sea in Napoli and shells were left outside before production for weeks in salty air.
So the Suds rusted badly.
Then in the UK the Alfa dealerships were shady, all cars break down at times, but its the standard of the help when they do that sticks, hence why Kia and Hyundai started with 7 year warrantees and great service....

My Dad had loads of Alfas, 75's 155's GTV's.
No Alfa, no Ferrari.
I have a car made infamous by some minor defects, which is not seen as bad as it was in the 60's (it's one of the roughly ten Hillman Imps in Italy), and I've realised the perfect car doesn't exists... same thing for racing sims and possibly everything in the world, but I digress.

Hi all, my name is sebas, and just recently came across a conversion from GPL of the track Valentino Park, the track was barebones, it doesn't had AI lines, so I tried to fix it a little. CHANGES MADE: fast line and pit line made, deleted 300 low res trees and planted 227 3d ones, 23 pit boxes and starting grid added, renamed without capital letters. of course it's nowhere near up to the standards of, let's say fat alfie tracks, but maybe can serve as a filler 'till we have a decent version. Please feel free to upgrade / modify it as you like (I don't know how to make starting lots, for starters) any idea/opinion is welcomed. Enjoy!!

As somebody who lives a short walk away from the Parco del Valentino and jogs there almost every morning, I can only say: thank you so much. As you said, it's a long way from the best vintage tracks Assetto Corsa has to offer - and after all, one can't expect much from a GPL port in terms of graphical fidelity - but at least I can finally get an idea how it must feel to drive a Maserati there, and I must say the layout and elevation holds up surprisingly well for a model that must be, what, a billion years old? Hopefully the squirrels won't mind too much, ha!

P.S. IIRC a visually revamped version of the track with much better 3d models for the buildings and vegetation around the track was floating around ca. 2019. A well-known name in the AC modding scene, Sergio Loro may have been involved with the editing of that version...

Last edited:
Or not... 🥵

Screenshot_urd_formulalights_oval_aa_chicagoland_12-3-123-21-15-46.jpg

Having 300 hours in Cyberpunk, I can confirm that's just how the Quadra drives!

EXTREMELY loose in low-speed with power oversteer, bit more stable in higher gears and high-speed corners.

I guess the closest to the AC cars in terms of physics, would be the Porsche 917/30.

I thought that in 2077 we had better aerodynamics and physics.
If that car had a better physics would be a great mod, how can I swap it with GT-R?

Last edited:
ok, we have the first update to Valentino park! (big thanks to DaBaeda!!) Added cams, water, grassFX and rainFX

Well, all great journeys begin with one small step...

This mod needs a lot of work, but if you take it as a learning project and improve it little by little, it can become a good track; the truth is that the circuit has a very interesting layout, fast and challenging, and the environment could be beautiful... but yes, with a lot, a lot of work... Good luck!

P.D. (There are many things to improve, but above all, the spectators who are with their arms raised surrendering to the enemy, they hurt the eyes... 😆)

sorry to push but i want to get this beta out. can anyone help with FMod and soundbanks. I want to generate a soundbank for track sounds such as tannoys and crowds. i have all the wav files etc. i try to generate guids and build and do the ext config but they wont play in game. its definately the soundbanks because if i use another one the sounds will play.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

on a side note, been working on 1983 spa.

moved pit box area and pit entry point. blocked off old pit entry. moved start lights and pit light. began dismantling the tall building above the new pitb area. added/removed tons of trees. end of the long straight is now a lot more open. towards the end of the track the fast sweeping turn run offs have been removed and barriers placed. loads of other little changes made, still loads more to do.

Last edited:
Hi all, my name is sebas, and just recently came across a conversion from GPL of the track Valentino Park, the track was barebones, it doesn't had AI lines, so I tried to fix it a little. CHANGES MADE: fast line and pit line made, deleted 300 low res trees and planted 227 3d ones, 23 pit boxes and starting grid added, renamed without capital letters. of course it's nowhere near up to the standards of, let's say fat alfie tracks, but maybe can serve as a filler 'till we have a decent version. Please feel free to upgrade / modify it as you like (I don't know how to make starting lots, for starters) any idea/opinion is welcomed. Enjoy!!

Bienvenido Welcome :cheers:

Hi y'all, question with SubStanding and MapDisplay. So I am trying to separate classes for ai off-line racing. I split the classes into tags for both apps, and apply the appropriate class tags, I put all the cars (for these classes) into the substanding classes document and saved it, and yet, I have URD Glick's, Peugeot 9x8's, and Caddy LMDh's in the same class my GTE-Pro Corvette, GTE-Pro Porsche, GTE-Pro Ferrari, and GTE-Am Ferrari's. I am ripping my hair out with all this. I am changing cars, closing and reopening CM and still chaos.
So, with class tags, everything is a mess. URD Glick, Peugeot 9x8 (non-acf mod), Caddy LMDh (ACF) are mixed in with GTE-Pro Corvette (URD), Porsche (URD), and Ferrari (YZD), and GTE-Am Ferrari (ZBW)
Without Tags URD GLick, 9x8, 963 (ACF), and Toyota (ACF) are all together, except Caddy LMDh is separate
GTE-Pro and GTE-Am are "correct".

Any clue as to what the issue is, or am i just barking up the wrong tree, and should go and get my butt kicked in GT3/GT4/F3 leagues like i need to be?

ok so im using Fmod to make a trackside soundbank. for some reason the sounds arent working. ive set the distances, assigned them to the bank, generated guids and built the bank and assigned in the ext config. still nothing

can anyone more experienced help at all?
Hi @lorelord - This is how I did mine for the F1 Tracks - I put a separate extension folder in the track directory then added a SFX folder plus a config.ini file to point to it - see attached for guid txt and config ini plus here is link to Bahrain 2022 - Hope it helps

PS I also remember reading to use no higher than FMOD v1.8 for AC

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Hi @lorelord - This is how I did mine for the F1 Tracks - I put a separate extension folder in the track directory then added a SFX folder plus a config.ini file to point to it - see attached for guid txt and config ini plus here is link to Bahrain 2022 - Hope it helps

PS I also remember reading to use no higher than FMOD v1.8 for AC

hey, cheers for the response.

that part i have no problem with. the issue is i havent been able to find a soundbank with the sounds i want hence me trying to make my own. i have no problem assigning the sounds etc the issue is making a soundbank of my own. whatever im doing in Fmod isnt working.

I need some help, any way to move brake discs?
I know to move wheels and brakes in data folder...suspensions.ini

[GRAPHICS_OFFSETS]
WHEEL_LF=-0.03 ;Left front graphical offset of the wheel positioning in the x axis (width). + is left - is right movement
SUSP_LF=-0.03 ;Left front graphical offset of the suspension positioning in the x axis (width). + is left - is right movement
WHEEL_RF=0.03 ; Right front as above
SUSP_RF=0.03 ; Right front as above
WHEEL_LR=-0.02 ; Left rear as above
SUSP_LR=-0.008 ; Left rear as above
WHEEL_RR=0.02 ; Right rear as above
SUSP_RR=0.008 ; Right rear as above

But I can´t see any way to move just the brake discs that are separate objects from wheels and brakes.
Thank you in advance

The new Sergio Loro is out!
Like mostly all of his tracks I had to do new AI side lines :-) No problem!

Marlboro Motor Raceway 1960s​

Get the track here in the America Pack 1: https://f3classictracks.sellfy.store/p/america-pack-1-greenwood-marlboro-vaca-valley/

20230413203444_1.jpg

Which one ? Been working on one just missing a couple of logos.

View attachment 1247546

edit : pretty much done, only need the right font for the number

View attachment 1247548

ref pic :

View attachment 1247549
Beautiful brow (this is not exactly the scheme they used in Le Mans - after a quick search, I believe it was used in some Hillclimbs in 73?).

But I will wait eagerly. It´s going to be perfect for the grid (at least, we are going to have the Yellow of Spain in LM).

Last edited:
Hi Guys

I am an absolute mega noob to this website and AC modding in general. I've spent most of my time on iRacing and ACC over the past few years but have just got round to re-installing Assetto Corsa with all the bells and whistles (CSP, Sol, Pure etc) and was wondering if there was a list anywhere of all the ACC content that has been imported over to Assetto Corsa (tracks and cars).

There are so many mods available for Assetto Corsa that trying to find specific ACC conversions is like looking for a needle in a haystack, i don't know where to go or what to look for.

If anyone could help by pointing me towards a list of the converted content id be eternally grateful! Also any links to the content would be amazing as well.

Cheers !

Last edited:
Hi Guys

I am an absolute mega noob to this website and AC modding in general. I've spent most of my time on iRacing and ACC over the past few years but have just got round to re-installing Assetto Corsa with all the bells and whistles (CSP, Sol, Pure etc) and was wondering if there was a list anywhere of all the ACC content that has been imported over to Assetto Corsa (tracks and cars).

There are so many mods available for Assetto Corsa that trying to find specific ACC conversions is like looking for a needle in a haystack, i don't know where to go or what to look for.

If anyone could help by pointing me towards a list of the converted content id be eternally grateful! Also any links to the content would be amazing as well.

Cheers !
go here for tracks. This list contains most of the tracks released for AC beeing scratch or conversions, and the best thing is, that it is updated regularly.:

For Cars: I personally start at racedepartment.com and I use this forum here to find stuff which is not on RD. If something is released in a special Facebook group or a discord server you will somehow get noticed here in the forum most of the time.

go here for tracks. This list contains most of the tracks released for AC beeing scratch or conversions, and the best thing is, that it is updated regularly.:

For Cars: I personally start at racedepartment.com and I use this forum here to find stuff which is not on RD. If something is released in a special Facebook group or a discord server you will somehow get noticed here in the forum most of the time.

Hey. Thanks for the information. That is quite the list of tracks !

Am i correct in guessing the only true track conversions from ACC are Bathurst, Suzuka and Misano by the reboot team ? The graphical fidelity of these tracks seems to be far beyond 99% of the other track mods (presumably because they were converted from ACC giving them a great base to work from)

Hey. Thanks for the information. That is quite the list of tracks !

Am i correct in guessing the only true track conversions from ACC are Bathurst, Suzuka and Misano by the reboot team ? The graphical fidelity of these tracks seems to be far beyond 99% of the other track mods (presumably because they were converted from ACC giving them a great base to work from)
Here you will find Reboot tracks, including those you mention + other ACC conversions.

There's also a COTA track out there that I believe to be a conversion and though not from the Reboot team, I find it to be equally good.
Can't remember from top of my head if there's more ACC conversions done.

Hey all,
Lurker for the past couple of years but something finally came up that I can't seem to find a fix/answer for.

Is there a known fix for Esprit's Willow Spring Horse Thief track (ddm_gts_willow_springs/hts) in regards to the pit lane? I have Raul's AI fixes from Breathe's list which helped with the various borked pit AI, but it seems Horse Thief's pit lane surface is labeled ROAD as opposed to PITS? At least I'm assuming this is the issue from my testing. AI likes to crash into each other at ramming speed since collisions aren't turned off and there's no pit limiter enforced.

kn5/FBX conversion and looking in Blender seems to be above my head at the moment, unless there's a much easier way to do this?

Any help or a nudge towards a preexisting fix would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back