Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

  • Thread starter Thread starter daan
  • 157,766 comments
  • 51,966,269 views
What's the reasoning behind the download folder being named 'content'?
Why not ? It's the install tree. Just unzip content into the assetto corsa folder and it does all the rest for you.
and @MR SKINS

It's important because, after downloading several mods, I go to my Download folder to find this.

Capture.JPG


You win a prize if you can identify these mods for me.

You win an even bigger prize if you can tell me how to find a specific mod that is named this way among thousands of files in my installed-downloads archives.

Of course I have to remember to either check the filename before it's downloaded, or go through the process of opening each one to figure out what it is and rename it---if I can, ie. skin folders with no directory structure. If I can't, then I have to remember and backtrack to figure out what they are, or just move them to the trash.

But... I'd rather be spending all that time enjoying new mods.

Sharing awesome mods is great... just take a moment to "package" and name them correctly.
 
Last edited:
Is it possible to graphically offset the wheelbase ingame from the value specified in suspension.ini?
The Graphics_Offset section there only works for the x-axis (trackwidth). I would need an offset in the z-axis, front and rear independently (just moving the car body in the car.ini lets me center one axle in the wheelarch, but then the respective other one is always off)
For clarification: for the physics side, i want to use the "realistic" wheelbase of ~2270mm, but the model ingame 'looks' correct with a wheelbase of ~2295+mm, so no matter how I shift the car body on the suspension, either the front on the rear wheels will be too far towards vehicle center when seen from a side profile.
Have to modify it in 3d software. There's an option in CM showroom, but that's only for showroom specific


i do find it funny how many mods have incorrect scaling applied lmao. like that m1 from pc2 or wherever is too large i believe
 
random Assetto / CSP tip #872

When switching CSP versions...
1. close CM
2. backup all .ini files in Users\your_username\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension
3. delete all .ini files
4. start CM
5. configure CSP settings if needed (use values from your backup if customized)
6. enjoy less bugs and more consistent/stable gameplay!

note: this has fixed many issues for me in the past, recently a random black screen/freeze on loading track
 
Well I guess he has to do something to put his name all over the credits...
speaking of ACTK stuff - There's a 'Brands Hatch 90s', where did that come from?

Strictly speaking, layout wise it's actually more a 2003 layout rather than '90s...
 
And it looks terrible compared to what shin, rmi or rainmaker make. As it always does whenever EASY does something track-related.
 
Last edited:
Last edited:
Have to modify it in 3d software. There's an option in CM showroom, but that's only for showroom specific


i do find it funny how many mods have incorrect scaling applied lmao. like that m1 from pc2 or wherever is too large i believe
Ah dang it. Might have to look into 3D modelling after all. Thanks for the answer!
 
Just tried it out in the pyyer extension and the GT3 one works well. the V8 ai could therefore be used in the regular ai
Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for!
 
Anyone happens to have this 2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302 GT4? I remember downloading it a long time ago then shortly deleting afterwards. Years later i'm trying to reinstall it, but the download link is no longer working.


View attachment 1274828

Also that Saleen SR! Yes my soul needs that!
It should be the sdd's mustang gt4, If you search patiently you should be able to find it.
 
Can't find anything related...

No VAO patch inside either.
Thing is, I noticed that ACTK has placed the same track on his site, downloaded it from there and there is no issue with the road surface.

View attachment 1274731

No idea why since I compared both versions and found out they are exactly the same (Thumbs.db inclusive) :D


Downloaded the track again from @DaBaeda link above, installed and yes the stripes/moiree is still cheerfully present.
There are a lot of messed up vertex normals.
I get for example this by driving by:
1690204738166.png

1690204786454.png

Very annoying. :(
@DaBaeda I fixed a lot of that messy stuff. If you like, I can share it with you?
1690205061114.png
 
After almost a year I've been chilling here & there. View attachment 1114289View attachment 1114288 Also been reflecting on my work and what's next, but now...

View attachment 1114290

I'm coming back with more, here's a preview of what's yet to come from me, than again action speaks louder than words so, I'm getting back to work on these skins. Also for those who don't know, I've updated my C5.R skin pack, 1997 FIA GT pack recently and Uploaded the JGTC AE86 to race department.

-Thanks for those of you who support me and these skins 😀
Updated C5.R skins

Updated 1997 FIA GT skins

BP Apex JGTC AE86
I just discovered that you had been working on something related to the JLOC Diablo JGT-1! Is this something that'll be available for the public to download in the future or not?
 
What did you change, we don't had all these issues (see original loading screens).
Sorry, but before I misunderstand you, what exactly do you mean, "what did I change"?
First, I didn´t change anything.
I just extracted the track and started it, got same stripes on the tarmac like @Fanapryde posted a screenshot of, got these weird shadowed walls and some more objects with weird messy vertex normals.
Then I began to fix that.

Did you upload the right version of the track?
I can redownload the track again, install it after renaming or backup old stuff and make some virgin screenshots again, from these messed up objects, if you like and needed.
 
UPDATE AVALIABLE - CHANGELOG BELOW
Tashi's Car Data Reference Center 0.8(b)
^ Click here to access database ^

General things
  • Moved the More Data sheet to the main sheet, suprisingly no one knew about this seperate tab so for convinence, I moved it to the right. (Seen below)
EZTyVLK.png

  • Specific Data is now renamed to Home


Specific Data (now Home)
  • Added manufacturer Alfa Romeo
  • Added 1993-2006 Alfa Romeo Spider/GTV
  • Added 1985-1993 Alfa Romeo 75
  • Added 1954-1964, 2010-2020 Alfa Romeo Giulietta
  • Added 1992-1997 Alfa Romeo 155
  • Added 1983-1994 Alfa Romeo 33
  • Added 2004 Alfa Romeo 159
  • Added 2013-2019 Alfa Romeo 4C

  • Added manufactuer DMC
  • Added DMC DeLorean

  • Added Mk3, Mk4 Toyota Supra
  • Added 1995-2005 Toyota Celica
  • Added 2002-2008 Toyota Caldina GT-FOUR

  • Added manufacturer Jaguar
  • Added 1997-2006, 2005-2014 Jaguar XK
  • Added 1998-2007 Jaguar S-Type

More Data
  • Added Import Archives website
 
Last edited:
Sorry, but before I misunderstand you, what exactly do you mean, "what did I change"?
First, I didn´t change anything.
I just extracted the track and started it, got same stripes on the tarmac like @Fanapryde posted a screenshot of, got these weird shadowed walls and some more objects with weird messy vertex normals.
Then I began to fix that.

Did you upload the right version of the track?
I can redownload the track again, install it after renaming or backup old stuff and make some virgin screenshots again, from these messed up objects, if you like and needed.
DaBaeda did upload the track. I'm just curious in what you changed because when I don't have a issue I can't fix it because I don't see when it's fixed because there is nothing to see whats need to be fixed. As easy is that. :-)
 
Can't find anything related...

No VAO patch inside either.
Thing is, I noticed that ACTK has placed the same track on his site, downloaded it from there and there is no issue with the road surface.

View attachment 1274731

No idea why since I compared both versions and found out they are exactly the same (Thumbs.db inclusive) :D


Downloaded the track again from @DaBaeda link above, installed and yes the stripes/moiree is still cheerfully present.
The ACTK track isn't exactly the same. He probably fixed the problem by changing the ext_config.ini

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_4]
.
.
.
CAST_SHADOWS = 0
 
I checked both the only thing what ACTK changed is the brightness of a material in the pits.
 
DaBaeda did upload the track. I'm just curious in what you changed because when I don't have a issue I can't fix it because I don't see when it's fixed because there is nothing to see whats need to be fixed. As easy is that. :-)
Oh, I´m to old for that ...
So, if you can´t see issues, it must be my system making them.
No prob, I fixed my issues for myself and as easy is that... ;)
Sorry, I´ll not bother anyone with my issues any more, at least not for Queensland.
db_queensland_01.jpg
db_queensland_01b.jpg

db_queensland_02.jpg
db_queensland_02b.jpg
db_queensland_03.jpg
db_queensland_03b.jpg
db_queensland_04.jpg
db_queensland_04b.jpg
db_queensland_05.jpg
db_queensland_05b.jpg
db_queensland_06.jpg
db_queensland_06b.jpg
db_queensland_07.jpg
db_queensland_07b.jpg
 
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back