Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

  • Thread starter Thread starter daan
  • 157,776 comments
  • 52,014,519 views
@maximeerkat ,
Could Be You Never Know GIF by Rooster Teeth
 
Sorry guys but I really love the sound of Panoz! VRC Mod (not the same model however sound is quite similar...) is one of the best for AC but my dream would be to have a sound like this.... totally insane
 
Last edited:
I have ACC as well, but aside from gt3 racing, the plethora of mods available for AC is what's so attractive, aside from having a potato of a computer that struggles the graphic requirements of ACC.
The major force of AC is not really the plethora of mods but it's great facility to be modded.

I also have ACC... RF2, AMS2 and RRE ; but once your ffb is well configured, AC is still very good at this point (with good cars, of course)

I don't want to debate about which game is better ; but I'd like to let Fanatec CSW2.5 users test my ffb settings wich are quite simples but gives amazing results :

AC_1.PNGAC_2.PNGAC_3.PNG
 
And AC ain't ? Between car mods not reacting well to some versions of CSP, rain locked behind a paywall and far from being functional... ACC works dell straight out of the box.

I love AC but it's a bigger PITA than ACC or AMS2.
What if I want to drive on tracks that are not in one of the GT3 series in the world? Or Le Mans, or Daytona? Or want to run VR only in the driving part itself?
 
I do have ACC, and what did surprise me, using VR, that judged by graphical artifacts, ACC was much better than AC. While in AC I see lots of shimmer, in ACC it was completely gone. Also in ACC I do see lots of fine details in the cars interior , like the depth in a carbon dashboard surface. For the other two games, my impression, AMS2 and RFc2 are between ACC and AC.
Believe me I did test lots of adjustments in CM and downloaded lots of pre-fab CM adjustments from guys that did found the absolute shimmer free settings .
 
Last edited:
Gauging interest for this little zandvoort2020 tweak. I thought the outskirts and center track texture looked very blurry\out of focus so I tried to tweak it. While not as accurate as the actual overhead image used originally, I think it fits in better. Everything else about this track was so superbly done that the blurry texture really stood out and took away from the look. Still tweaking it so don't judge too harshly.

Before:
zandvoort_before.jpg


After:
zandvoort_after.jpg
 
Natural, respectful and competitive AI

0.1 release : https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/downloads/natural-respectful-and-competitive-ai.6536/

Only few cars from different categories to show you the thing.
Test it and tell what car you want to have in next releases (only good cars)
I was just messing with cars AI files this week trying to "fix" some. It's amazing how much juice some of those have in there. I was under the impression that the ULTRA GRIP was a modifier no longer working, a fossil from previous versions of AC left in the file. Even tested different values for it and didnt notice changes in pace :confused:
 
Small update to an old mod I did for Cadwell Park and Cadwell Park 2022. It only does one thing different than the original mod so if you have no interest in this, no need to download. If you use a newer version of CSP, it makes the grass change appearance slightly depending on the time of year. More burnt out looking in mid July-mid August. More lush green in the spring. And mixed throughout the rest of the year.

Be sure to backup your original track folder first. No need to use the included VAO patches. I just included them because maybe someone will like them better.

Cadwell Park track skin

Cadwell Park 2022 track skin
Amazing Thanks a lot :cheers:
 
To race them on Nordschleife? Or any of the other hundreds of downloaded tracks I have?
Because you sure use the hundreds of tracks you have lmao.

Jeez, can't say one negative thing about AC on this forum. It still has flaws, some of which will never be corrected (or corrected in AC2) but some of y'all refuse to see it.

And the deflection, always the deflection.

I've clocked a thousand hours on AC and still see that it ain't perfect (especially with CSP at play), but it seems that being critical of a game you like is a lost trait for some people here. Blind fanboyism much ?
 
Hello to everyone...I have a question that I hope someone can answer...I installed a 1TG SSD drive in my laptop. I have used up a great deal of storage and I was wondering, can I load ACC and AM2 on an external hard drive and play them on my laptop, or do they need to be loaded onto the internal hard drive in order to work properly? Thank you in advance for any answers or advice.
 
Hello to everyone...I have a question that I hope someone can answer...I installed a 1TG SSD drive in my laptop. I have used up a great deal of storage and I was wondering, can I load ACC and AM2 on an external hard drive and play them on my laptop, or do they need to be loaded onto the internal hard drive in order to work properly? Thank you in advance for any answers or advice.
I've been using AC off an external 2TB SSD for over a year.
In content manager, provided you have formatted the hard drive in the right manner beforehand, everything can be compressed to take up much much much less space too.
 
It's a shame because URD stuff are really NOT as good as RSS or VRC.
The URD and VRC cars and tracks are not my cup of tea, so I can not rank them on quality.
I do have one RSS formula V12 1990 car and the cockpit quality for VR use is excellent, the best I ever did see in AC. Be aware I do not care about the details of the tire wheel nut or rear light, just sit in the cockpit and looking around in VR, so its personal.
I would rank them based on the 1989/1992 F1
#1) RRS
#2) ASR
#999) Simdream
 
I was just messing with cars AI files this week trying to "fix" some. It's amazing how much juice some of those have in there. I was under the impression that the ULTRA GRIP was a modifier no longer working, a fossil from previous versions of AC left in the file. Even tested different values for it and didnt notice changes in pace :confused:
More grip = better handling but slower pace (more effort is needed to push the car)

Test on "Slow (96%)" track condition :
1.0.png1.2.png
 
I've been using AC off an external 2TB SSD for over a year.
In content manager, provided you have formatted the hard drive in the right manner beforehand, everything can be compressed to take up much much much less space too.
Thank you. Is there a special way to format it? I'm used to using a USB stick at my job, I'm a Senior Master Ford Technician, to transfer files from a lap top to the vehicles USB port. When we format the USB stick, it's just a right click and select format type of thing.
 
I have two materials (MAT_A and MAT_B) which are sharing the same texture TEXTURE.DDS.
I want to change only the texture of MAT_A with a new texture NEW_TEXTURE.DDS.
How can I do it?

I've tried, but doesn't work

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = MAT_A
RESOURCE_FILE_0 = NEW_TEXTURE.DDS

THX
 
I have two materials (MAT_A and MAT_B) which are sharing the same texture TEXTURE.DDS.
I want to change only the texture of MAT_A with a new texture NEW_TEXTURE.DDS.
How can I do it?

I've tried, but doesn't work

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = MAT_A
RESOURCE_FILE_0 = NEW_TEXTURE.DDS

THX
It should be:

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = MAT_A
RESOURCE_0 = txDiffuse
RESOURCE_FILE_0 = NEW_TEXTURE.DDS

CSP needs to know where exactly the new texture is to be assigned to which shader of the material/mesh in the .Kn5, whether it is txDiffuse, txNormal, txBlur, etc.

This should assign the new texture to that specific material regardless if they share the same texture in the car model.

Hope this helps :)
 
Last edited:
umb
Sorry guys but I really love the sound of Panoz! VRC Mod (not the same model however sound is quite similar...) is one of the best for AC but my dream would be to have a sound like this.... totally insane

Prrraaaaaaahhh
 
Because you sure use the hundreds of tracks you have lmao.

Jeez, can't say one negative thing about AC on this forum. It still has flaws, some of which will never be corrected (or corrected in AC2) but some of y'all refuse to see it.

And the deflection, always the deflection.

I've clocked a thousand hours on AC and still see that it ain't perfect (especially with CSP at play), but it seems that being critical of a game you like is a lost trait for some people here. Blind fanboyism much ?
First, you're on an AC thread - not an ACC one - so, what do you expect ?
Second, ACC is better than AC on few points ; that's true.

But another true is that ACC is just... boring.
That's all.
 
Thank you. Is there a special way to format it? I'm used to using a USB stick at my job, I'm a Senior Master Ford Technician, to transfer files from a lap top to the vehicles USB port. When we format the USB stick, it's just a right click and select format type of thing.
Most older, smaller (<4GB) USB thumb-drives would default to the FAT file system.
Newer, larger guys default to FAT32 or exFAT, or NTFS. Windows is taking care of this for you, but you can intervene.

What @WiisardNic is pointing to is the (now) default Windows NTFS file system, which allows for system-level file compression, which Content Manager can leverage cleverly, for it's own use. What he's suggesting (if I understand correctly) is "move the whole AC install". Of course you could start over, and install clean...or...

My own spin on your question/quest, I leave the AC install on the internal nVME drive, but home the the content/cars and content/tracks (the big stuff) on an external SDD (WD Blue USB3.2), using Windows OS junctions, explained here:

So yes, it's quite possible.
 
Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back