Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 134,757 comments
Les is more, I would say inhere.
Have we gone back to the discussion months ago about lesbian truck drivers :P
(sorry couldnt resist.. I think you meant Less is more)

JUst noticed on Legions Blog he has released the Tatuus F3 T318 that was used in the WSeries, Formula Regional Euro by Alpine and Formula Regional Asia mod, he has also updated the Tatuus FT60 that adds the damage and dirt textures provided by @Greg_ST and a small bump in power. The FRAC/WSeries/FRECA/Toyota are the same chassis, but used different engines and tires in the series.
The F3 T318 comes with skins from the 2022 seasons of the series. These are the same skins that are available for the RF2 model, and used with permission from the creator Arjanren

Les is more, I would say inhere.
Will avoid lots of confusion and wrong adjustments.
:-)
These are the default CSP settings! Also other things will struggle if such settings are deactivated. The main cause by switching this things off is, the shader execution will be placed after the postprocessing and so the really important 3d localization and the depth map are not available in shaders. Its not like that i want to activate extra options. this is the plain standard which CSP needs to work properly...

I can only advice, if someone has any problem with CSP, reset it to its defaults:
Rename the /Documents/Assetto Corsa/cfg/extension folder and restart CM. It will generate a new folder and so CSP is resetted.
The most things in the last months could be solved by doing this. Mostly people set things and don't know what it changed.

Last edited:
Hello,

We found out something. Such geometry shaders only work, if soft particles and yebisest is active in CSP. Please have a look if this is active on your side:
View attachment 1289639

View attachment 1289640
I definitely have soft particles UNchecked (Yebisest IS ticked, however) with the latest CSP as they're curently bugged and cause screen flashes and spiky artefacts when driving off road.
It's one of those wonderful 'three steps forward, two steps back' things we look forward to with every new CSP build where things that previously worked perfectly for years suddenly get broken.
I'm looking at you as well, Mr Hot Lap Ghost.

That'll be the reason why the landscape shader doesn't work then.
Possible related to daylight headlights too? These remain a gamebreaking PITA, I'm not gonna lie.

Last edited:
shi
Barbagallo 2006 v1.02

View attachment 1257688
Wanneroo Raceway, currently known as CARCO.com.au Raceway for naming rights reasons, is a 2.411 km (1.498 mi) motorsport circuit located in Neerabup, approximately 50 km (31 mi) north of Perth in Western Australia. It was built by the WA Sporting Car Club. (Wikipedia)

-CSP recommended
-30 pit/start
-AI, cam

NOTE; If you are using Sol and the track screen is dark, rename ext_config_for_sol.ini to ext_config.ini in the extension folder.

Credits & Thanks;
Original AC Track by Darren Blythe
-Thank you for giving me permission

2006 Update by @shi (shin956)
The pit building was taken from the rFactor1 track (Include readme_rfactor.txt), Original by Stuart Griffiths, Converted by The Lonely
logo.png and sections.ini by @Fanapryde
Test and Feedback by @slider666 , @Fanapryde , @Breathe , @Masscot

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.
Converted upon request by Patreon member Gavin Stewart.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.01 changelog;

-Fixed problem with pit meshes not being named properly. (Thanks TITI for the report.)
-Smoothed the white line at the entrance to the pit.
-Re-created pit_lane.ai.

v1.02 changelog;
-Updated some textures by @Masscot . (Thanks)

Barbagallo 2006 v1.02
The link is in the quote.

v1.02 changelog;
-Updated some textures by @Masscot . (Thanks)

Is it a stable bug or just on certain roads / times. Do you have a good combination to test with?
I think it might not be an issue with Particles FX/soft particles in general, I think it might be more to do with this option in Particles FX:

1695551696118.png

It's not on all tracks either (eg Kunos Silverstone 1967 seems OK with them active, but other tracks cause issues).
I'll try to find a track where the issue exists with Solid Pieces active.
It's one of those annoying bugs that's hard to pin down because it doesn't happen all the time (like daylight headlights).

EDIT:
@Peter Boese the Barbagello track immediately above has the spiking artefacts with 'Solid Pieces' active in Particles FX (using the Kunos Abarth 500 Assetto Corse, but I don't think the car matters).
From hot-lap start, drive onto the grass and keep driving on the grass and you should see some spiky artefacts.

EDIT 2: seems like the artefact don't appear if 'Solid Pieces' is deactivated but Particles FX is active.
So, Solid Particles seems to be the culprit, not Particles FX in general.

Last edited:
UPDATES of the weekend

fix of the day:

Changelog:
-shader overhaul: less bright
-fixed pit stop man standing on the box wall
-gates for time attack mode
-cropped outlines
-fixed disappearing gravel edges
-side lines for AI + new pit lanes
-added and edited ext config by Mitch9: new water shader, new night lights and new general config settings
-shadows for all objects
-added track year 2014

Screenshot_yzd_audi_r18_etron_2012_atlanta_motorsports_park_24-8-123-13-55-2.jpg

more track fixes:

not yet single posted car fixes:
(or get all in one here: https://www.racedepartment.com/down...shift-electronics-ai-pitting-and-stuff.62587/ )

These are the default CSP settings! Also other things will struggle if such settings are deactivated. The main cause by switching this things off is, the shader execution will be placed after the postprocessing and so the really important 3d localization and the depth map are not available in shaders. Its not like that i want to activate extra options. this is the plain standard which CSP needs to work properly...

I can only advice, if someone has any problem with CSP, reset it to its defaults:
Rename the /Documents/Assetto Corsa/cfg/extension folder and restart CM. It will generate a new folder and so CSP is resetted.
The most things in the last months could be solved by doing this. Mostly people set things and don't know what it changed.
No criticism to you, but you see this always after a while, a mod like CM is become so chubby and complex, that it brings more problems then solutions. I have experienced this by myself and nobody could give the solution. Even a silence on the dedicated Discord channel, but somewhere deep in that GUI dungeons, there was an adjustment conflict in CM.

?? I have already 3 Ultima GTR in my AC collection...

I'm sure yours will be much better though! :)

After my work on the Mantis and Gillet i was looking for another car from the Belcar Series and found the Ultima. Then is was looking if the car already exists in AC and found these three Ultima GTR too, but i was not really impressed from their quality, so i decided to do an own Ultima GTR. 😊

Brands Hatch Mod

Brands Hatch mod

Finished the mod I made for myself for Brands Hatch. Figured i'd share it for anyone who wants to give it a try. I will say upfront, it's kind of a convoluted mod so it might not be worth the hassle. Since it's a stock track, I couldn't do things the way I prefer because i'm not allowed to mess with the track's kn5 file. Everything is done inside the ext_config file and with track skins. I'll try to explain a few things so bear with me. This might get long.

First, make a backup of your current track folder or at the very least the track's extension folder. You can easily go back to what you had by simply restoring your old extension folder. Also, if you tried one of the test versions I put out a few days ago, disable any track skins you have enabled before extracting the mod and then re-enable them. Some textures have changed so you want to make sure you are using the most recent copies of the files.

There are two track skins, Textures and Textures2. The Textures skin has color altered versions of the original tree textures. The Textures2 skin replaces the tree textures with new trees. You can try them both out and see which you prefer or use another skin with different tree textures.

The mod also includes the ability to have the tree textures change based on the season. It's disabled by default because a lot of people complain about a grid effect on the bare trees when I do this. I don't see it so I can't fix what I don't see. If you'd like to try it out, it's a fairly easy edit to the config to activate it. First, decide which track skin version you prefer. Then open up the ext_config file and scroll all the way to the bottom in the SCRIPTS \ EXTRAS section. You will need to remove the four ';' symbols in front of the entry that matches the track skin you are using. There's a description line so it's easy to figure out.

The grass changes are done via the config file as well because I needed to change the shader type. Nothing special here except I wanted to explain a way to get the green grass to be a little patchy looking. Helps give it some character. Near the bottom of the config is a Grass Replacement section. In the first section (for MATERIALS = grass, grass-brd), look for this part:

RESOURCE_4 = txDetailB
RESOURCE_FILE_4 = textures/grass03_desat.dds
; RESOURCE_FILE_4 = textures/grasspatch.dds

Change it to:

RESOURCE_4 = txDetailB
; RESOURCE_FILE_4 = textures/grass03_desat.dds
RESOURCE_FILE_4 = textures/grasspatch.dds

Lastly, any ambient and diffuse changes I made are in the config. You can easily adjust anything I changed by editing the file in case you need something lighter or darker. By default everything is setup to look good with my own personal ppfilter.

bhfall.jpg

Also have a look at the included ReadMe file...

Last edited:
I just love this Nissan Silvia Spec-R 'Maelstrom' by Daiki Naruse , this thing is a blast!
Free downloadable via link on youtube and in ACTK Garage, with extra LODS, so I guess it's ok to redistribute it, as long as we mention it's credits go to Daiki Naruse?)

In both original and in Easy's v1.1 it had driver head parts visible in VR still ...
so I fixed that , and I added some extra skins. Feel free to download here (version 1.1j)

1695586912434.png

1695586995580.png
1695587075597.png

1695587031582.png
1695587048233.png

UPDATE of Modern Day Racing Series

v1.05
-1.4 sec faster AI for Silverstone GP, still 0.5 sec. behind original but much cleaner for the Hypercars
-added the new TransAm Dodge by VRC
-extra folder for the race grid presets

overview komplett.png

Last edited:
Was there a season of FIA GT where the door numberplate was the same logo as the GTR game (or any other series)? Searching myself inside out looking...

I found it. Inside out. 2005. (looks like 2000-2005...)GTR2.JPGGTR2-02.JPGFIA-GT-Number-Plate.png This is it. (There's a 2004 on RD without the header logo...? but it has the number set, couldn't find that font.)

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back