- 411

- Germany
Yes, this would be an easy task, but not the proper way. The gear shaft of this car was that long. Creating an fitting animation would be the proper way, but this dude here drives me nutz.Any chance the gearstick shaft could be shortened so that the hand grips the gearknob during shifting? A two-min job in Blender would be time very well spent for any VR users.

There are so many videos at YT with really great animations, but not a single guy really explains how to create a shift animation. Must be the holy grail in Assetto.
Before v1.3 Ive used the one from the "Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.0", but the hand was clipping through the gearknob. Didnt liked it, so I've tested at least three dozen anims until I found the one included. Yours is way better but clipping. Let me think about this, maybe I'll shorten the gear shaft by half of an inch or smtg like that. Thanks btw.Edit: or try this attached animation, which is closer to the gearknob has less clipping.
This is a weirdo, all those objects are solid.@Pfalzdriver add this to the config to stop sunlight lighting up the footwells through what should be solid objects:
I'll wait until sunday before I'll include your stuff, maybe smtg else will come up till that. I've noticed myself being an idiot, including the wrong lods.ini to data.acd. Currently it uses the 15-45-200 as stated within the SDK, while I prefer 45-90-200, to keep LodA visible for a longer period of time. Those windows look bad in LodB, need to change this anyways.

