- 468

- United States
Hi X90. This is a big step forward for those of us running Buttkickers or other 'shakers'. I've been running Simvibe for the last 13 years and it is now heading for 'software heaven' thanks to how much better this setup with Simhub and the SimHubUDPConnnector works.
Big thanks too for your shaker profile and the work you put into tuning things with DaZD. It was great to be able to just load your profile, tune it a little to suit my rig and then just get back to driving... with kerb effects and road rumble. Great stuff!
![]()
Definitely tune those settings - my shakers are strong and it really does vary by setup. I also like more "parametric" vibration from engines and RPMs (although really not that much, at 20% or less), whereas a lot of people don't like them at all - especially those with haptic pads where the range is mono-frequency.
Most useful are the kerbs/rumble obviously, the "wheel slip" (still tuning it, a little loud still but I exaggerate it for car information purposes), wheel/brake locking, and the ABS/TC. It's not just for immersive purposes, these genuinely help a lot with keeping the car on the road!
One thing I actually forgot - latency with SimHub's bass shakers has always been a sticking point, as Wotever uses an older sound API to actually send the information. The lag is right on the borderline of "usefulness" on stock audio drivers, but I obviously decided a few years ago to use everything for immersive purposes regardless.
But! I came across this while testing. Check this link out:
Fixing Realtek audio driver lag on Windows 10
The quality of recent Realtek sound controller and audio drivers has taken a nosedive in recent years, and the automatically installed drivers on Windows 10 have introduced a significant delay in t…
neosmart.net
Switching the driver with this method (my audio out to the amp now says "Headphones" rather than speakers but I don't care) has improved latency by ~80-100ms, I'd say. It's still a bit too much - and hopefully can be improved with a newer, lower latency API like WASAPI (I'll be suggesting that now that AC Road Rumble has finally come) - but with this improvement from the driver change, I consider the latency "acceptable-to-good" and it is just fast enough to really see reaction time and in-car pace improvements when it comes to rear traction loss and kerbs.
Give it a shot - I'll consider asking DaZD to add this stuff to the UDPConnector install process description as well.
Last edited: