- 181

- France
Hi friends,
I'm currently reviewing all tracks > 7km in my track list
While testing Spa66 from Reboot Team updated by racing joe013 1.06 , I found a mirroring effect seen at Raidillon from Eau Rouge that I do not like .
I was able to disable it by making a wild shader replacement with ksPerPixelMultiMap_NMDetail, that uses original values and part of the texture of the original shader (which is ksMultiLayer_fresnel_nm)
However, I was not able to make this mirroring effect disappear by changing the original values of the original ksMultiLayer_fresnel_nm shader, which is the common shader for road textures, it seems. Just to enhance my skills , would there be a shader / texture wizard that could explain me how I could have done it properly ?
I'm currently reviewing all tracks > 7km in my track list
While testing Spa66 from Reboot Team updated by racing joe013 1.06 , I found a mirroring effect seen at Raidillon from Eau Rouge that I do not like .
I was able to disable it by making a wild shader replacement with ksPerPixelMultiMap_NMDetail, that uses original values and part of the texture of the original shader (which is ksMultiLayer_fresnel_nm)
I'm pretty satisfied with it because this track is really incredible and I was annoyed by this single mirroring effect :-)[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION= fixing mirror effect raidillon
MESHES=vis_1ROAD_1_001
MATERIALS= ROAD_TRACKMAIN01_WET
SHADER = ksPerPixelMultiMap_NMDetail
PROP_... = ksAmbient, 0.38
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.33
PROP_...= fresnelC, 0.3
PROP_... = fresnelEXP, 6
PROP_... = fresnelMax,0.6
PROP_... = ksSpecular, 0.1
PROP_... = ksSpecularEXP, 10
RESOURCE_3= txDetail
RESOURCE_FILE_3= tarmac-detail.dds
RESOURCE_4= txNormalDetail
RESOURCE_FILE_4= tarmac-detail_NM.dds
However, I was not able to make this mirroring effect disappear by changing the original values of the original ksMultiLayer_fresnel_nm shader, which is the common shader for road textures, it seems. Just to enhance my skills , would there be a shader / texture wizard that could explain me how I could have done it properly ?
Last edited: