I have a 2017 MW M6 currently, and have previously owned a 2006 M6 and a 2003 Honda S2000 (plus a lot of older cars). All of those exhibited snap-oversteer at the limit if you suddenly lifted - especially if you're in a lower gear (sudden decel/weight transfer). All cars exhibit this to
some degree.
OTOH, my 2013 Audi TTRS was much less, shall we say,
adjustable. Yes, it would tighten its line if you lifted, but it was
way more subdued. And even with all driver aids disabled, the car was simply un-spinnable (using throttle alone - you can spin any car by being a bonehead). I drove a Miata once and it was pretty gentle as well.
Look, I'm not talking about someone's Camry or base-model Golf. I'm talking about
sports cars. Those are
not set up to
understeer no-matter-what. If they were, they'd drive like crap and get bad magazine reviews. I have this feeling maybe you're extrapolating from your own experience in low-powered FWD sedans or something. I can assure you that something like an M6, S2000, 911 etc is not set up to drive that way. Those cars really need stability control for normal people to handle the car on a track. How do I know this? Because I've sent plenty of rich dentists and plastic surgeons spinning their 911's, McLarens etc.
Usually they do it by suddenly lifting off when they enter a corner too hot (plus often smashing the brakes at the same time - see my post). Modern cars are way better about this, of course. But that stability control is there for a reason. "Never lift" is something you will hear a lot if you talk to drivers of older sports cars in particular. The S2000 (which had no stability control) was absolutely infamous for this. Just google "S2000 snap oversteer" and get ready for about a million hits.
Just so you know I'm not BSing you, here are some pics of the cars: