Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 132,988 comments
I sold my Pista a few months ago so have to go from memory, but these feel good to me.
Forceful's model was a little basic, wasn't it? Paper-thin A-pillars etc., as I recall. Unless he updated it later. This one looks gorgeous too. I *think* it was originally by ACR.
oh wow, did you own a pista in real life? is that what you mean by sold it? im very curious if it really is better than the 458 and 488 in real life driving wise, i got to drive a 458 maybe back in 2015 and i thought that car had so much life to it. then over the summer i drove a huracan Lp-610-4 (soft top :'[ ) and it was a pretty lifeless car for what its worth compared to the 458. faster sure but it lacked personality to me

oh wow, did you own a pista in real life? is that what you mean by sold it? im very curious if it really is better than the 458 and 488 in real life driving wise, i got to drive a 458 maybe back in 2015 and i thought that car had so much life to it. then over the summer i drove a huracan Lp-610-4 (soft top :'[ ) and it was a pretty lifeless car for what its worth compared to the 458. faster sure but it lacked personality to me
Oops, forgot the smiley. Edited now.
I wish I owned a Pista. I've a friend with an R8 and another with an Aventador, and I feel like a peasant when I'm within a mile of either one of them.

There also an abandoned Top Fuel mod out in the wild.

:D
Screenshot-top-fuel-dragster-spa-31-8-119-3-44-45.png

On two occasions. First time was two days before the Spa 24hrs (many years ago) when the track was cleared for a couple of hours for the teams to walk or bike the track.
The second time was a few years later when a small part of the track was included in a MTB tour. This time only in one direction: UPHILL... I can tell you: Raidillon is steep :eek:

That's so cool, although riding up Raidillon sounds like something out of a nightmare and probably something you'd want to do on a carbon road bike and not something with fat off road tyres.

There's a really nice update to the 488 Pista by ZARI Team on Assettoland here:

It's a fantastic car ...but the exhaust flames (as is often the case) suck greasy goat balls, and can offend a gentleman's eyes when behind a pack of them in spec races. The default flames appear too frequently, they last too long, they're too big and they look like pink flowers that are slowly rotating. Take a look if you don't believe me.

Anyway, I did a set of Gran Turismo-style 'quick pop' flames for this car that you might prefer, little explosive flashes rather than flamethrowers. They seem far more appropriate to me.

https://anonfiles.com/36NeF2Efn3/ferrari_488_pista_mascot_flames_7z

Unzip the file and drop the 'texture' folder and data.acd into the car folder, and overwrite when asked. Let me know what you think.

Thank you. I find street cars with installed flame throwers absurd.
Never in a days driving have I seen a car on the road shooting flames like a moonshiner checking their proof.

It's a fantastic car ...but the exhaust flames (as is often the case) suck greasy goat balls, and can offend a gentleman's eyes when behind a pack of them in spec races. The default flames appear too frequently, they last too long, they're too big and they look like pink flowers that are slowly rotating. Take a look if you don't believe me.

Anyway, I did a set of Gran Turismo-style 'quick pop' flames for this car that you might prefer, little explosive flashes rather than flamethrowers. They seem far more appropriate to me.

Unzip the file and drop the 'texture' folder and data.acd into the car folder, and overwrite when asked. Let me know what you think.

Masscot, you're gonna hate me.... anyway you could upload those to mega or any other file hosting site? My browser doesnt love anonfiles sometimes, its really hit or miss, sometimes I can get in, sometimes I cant. I'd love to try out your more modest flames.

It's definitely a great car to hoon about in, and your flames are just about perfect. I didn't bother with the original flames and just used yours straight away as my eyes really weren't up for being offended.

Masscot, you're gonna hate me.... anyway you could upload those to mega or any other file hosting site? My browser doesnt love anonfiles sometimes, its really hit or miss, sometimes I can get in, sometimes I cant. I'd love to try out your more modest flames.
i got you when i get off work in in 1.5 hours. if he doesnt get you by then. but the version im uploading for you will be 100% identicle as the one posted here, EXCEPT...... it will have the sound from the audi S1 muahahahahah a breathy 4 clyinder hahaahaha muhahaha. just kidding i wouldnt mess with it

@megolito Just tried your Porsche GT1 RS out at Feldbergring and I gotta say...I love it. Handles really well and that engine pulls like a train when it hits 8k. I'll try it round Nords tomorrow and see if I can crack 7 minutes

Sorry for the late reply, it's been nighttime here. Did @megolito re-up for you or do you still need it doing?

Edit: here's another link, just in case:

https://we.tl/t-fKpzZVhTWj

Last edited:
As an editor rather than a creator I find one of the most bizarre and frustrating things about the AC modding community the amount of over-modding a particular model gets for seemingly no reason.

The 488 Pista is just the latest example, I think there's already about 3 or so out there and from what I've driven, the ACR version is absolutely fine, better than that even, it's a genuinely good mod. But then Zari is also releasing a version, while in the background BZ Works is also remodelling and reworking the car. I saw on Facebook as well, someone is working on a 1998 Porsche 911 GT1... a car that is original content from Kunos themselves.

I know modders have total license to do what they want, but come on guys, have some bloody imagination! Look at the list of cars that still, sometimes very oddly has seen no conversion to AC, Corvette C5? (despite around 300 C6 variants...) 2018 TVR Griffith? Maserati Coupe?

(As this is the internet and someone will no doubt take this as a deeply personal insult, this is said with tongue firmly in cheek, I'm of course grateful for the efforts of all modders :P)

As an editor rather than a creator I find one of the most bizarre and frustrating things about the AC modding community the amount of over-modding a particular model gets for seemingly no reason.

The 488 Pista is just the latest example, I think there's already about 3 or so out there and from what I've driven, the ACR version is absolutely fine, better than that even, it's a genuinely good mod. But then Zari is also releasing a version, while in the background BZ Works is also remodelling and reworking the car. I saw on Facebook as well, someone is working on a 1998 Porsche 911 GT1... a car that is original content from Kunos themselves.

I know modders have total license to do what they want, but come on guys, have some bloody imagination! Look at the list of cars that still, sometimes very oddly has seen no conversion to AC, Corvette C5? (despite around 300 C6 variants...) 2018 TVR Griffith? Maserati Coupe?

(As this is the internet and someone will no doubt take this as a deeply personal insult, this is said with tongue firmly in cheek, I'm of course grateful for the efforts of all modders :P)
most early 2000s cars get thrown under the bus by the converters.

I think the vast majority of modders, especially FB modders, can't create scratch content due to the 3D modelling skills required. But there are now excellent resources for fully-modelled cars which are used as the base. Maybe the missing cars from AC just haven't been modelled yet, or haven't appeared in any of the usual doner games like Forza Horizon etc?
I do agree though, some cars are totally overworked - but this latest Pista is one of the good ones. There are notes in the folder about what ZARI Team changed:

I only do this because I am enthusiastic. Of course I'm a big fan of ferrari and that's why I decided to make realistic
specifications and physics for the F488 Pista. How could enjoy drive this beast. Since I'm not currently working in 3D,
I had to work on someone else's model, which is not perfect and has errors. This model did not work the wing animation
in driving on rear diffuser. I solved that. I worked on mod for a few weeks. I primarily dedicated to working on engine power.
Engine power is based on real data and graph from a reputable dyno garage. With that,
I got the real power that a stock F488 Pista can produce. I set many parameters according to realistic specifications.
So the aerodynamics are made to be fairly faithful, according to actual specifications and readings. I worked on gearbox,
brakes, suspension, electronics and many other details. Tires are new.
All the testing was done by me. That is, if set something up, it would be tested in detail immediately.
It spent a lot of time on all the details and hours of testing.
The main real test was compared to the actual driver Paul Englert and the track conditions on Nurburgring GP 3.7km. as well as the car setup,
fuel, tires. That time 1: 29.79 made by Paul Englert are very similar to mine.
It is a pleasure to drive the Pista, because it is very fun and easy to control. It remains to take the Nords (green hell) and see where we are!
ZARI Team

Last edited:
most early 2000s cars get thrown under the bus by the converters.

Yup, not just converters either. Forza was my go to game franchise before AC and while a lot of the older cars from FM4 got added to FH4, no love was given to cars like the original Vanquish, DB7, Maserati Coupe, original Jaguar XKR and Mercedes SL55 AMG.

I think the vast majority of modders, especially FB modders, can't create scratch content due to the 3D modelling skills required. But there are now excellent resources for fully-modelled cars which are used as the base. Maybe the missing cars from AC just haven't been modelled yet, or haven't appeared in any of the usual doner games like Forza Horizon etc?
I do agree though, some cars are totally overworked - but this latest Pista is one of the good ones. There are notes in the folder about what ZARI Team changed.
Masscot how easy is it to make a car if you have the 3D model premade? ive only been able to edit existing mods. but if i could somhow make cars without having to 3D model stuff ide love to work on cars that havnt been introduced yet. is it a hard thing to do? i have zero 3d model experience, i am a fast learner but i dont want to underestimate 3d modeling. it seems like a very hard task to master

I do agree though, some cars are totally overworked - but this latest Pista is one of the good ones. There are notes in the folder about what ZARI Team changed.

That's fine, I don't expect scratch made stuff, but there's still loads of cars from just Forza alone that haven't been touched while others get done to death. Take the Zari 488, I'm not even going to bother downloading it, may seem harsh but there's so much stuff I'm still working on that I can't be bothered wasting my time on something that I already have and am happy with, even if it is indeed better than the ACR version, it'll be the same for the BZ version when that's released.

@fast2ghl

https://mega.nz/#!wU0EjSQC!lVCGja0ZAiU8AkqsdG0eE5-iYS20agcyDJoYG5wCqs0 (full car with Masscot flame fix)+ Ferrari Trofeo tire added

2019-ferrari-488-pista-carbuzz-417392-840x560.jpg

Btw when compared to the version by forcful, this car is on another level. this is the best pista by a long shot, it even has the animated active aero under the car. this is forsure worth the download even if you already have a pista. you dont have a pista of this quality

Last edited:
Masscot how easy is it to make a car if you have the 3D model premade? ive only been able to edit existing mods. but if i could somhow make cars without having to 3D model stuff ide love to work on cars that havnt been introduced yet. is it a hard thing to do? i have zero 3d model experience, i am a fast learner but i dont want to underestimate 3d modeling. it seems like a very hard task to master
You're asking the wrong person, I've never even considered attempting this. Judging from the sheer number of shoddy FB conversions though I'd say it's easy to do, but very difficult to do well.

Btw when compared to the version by forcful, this car is on another level. this is the best pista by a long shot, it even has the animated active aero under the car. this is forsure worth the download even if you already have a pista. you dont have a pista of this quality

I'm missing the rev lights in the steering wheel though...well...they are there but not working. Or is that just me ? (latest CSP)
I also tried the one that was posted earlier and added @Masscot flames: no rev lights either.

I'm missing the rev lights in the steering wheel though...well...they are there but not working. Or is that just me ? (latest CSP)
I also tried the one that was posted earlier and added @Masscot flames: no rev lights either.
Rev lights on the top of the rim work fine for me. Must be a CSP setting..?

Rev lights work for me too. And no more flickering tracks with latest CSP 👍

This leads me to the following question: Is there actually the vacuum cleaner Brabham from 1978 for AC?
Nope !
Unfortunately, the Brabham BT46b stills in my mind (and yours) as a wish, like the Renault RE30b and the Ferrari 126C2.

Cheers. ;)

Hey i just updated that Pista link i posted. it has the Flame fix by masscot and i added a Ferrari Trofeo tire to the car in case you wanted to hotlap the car or pit it against other cars that use a trofeo tire. they are a little more grippy than the hypercar road tire. it doesn't replace the stock tire its just an additional tire.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back