Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,157 comments
Try this values for a more visible hood deformation.
Copy and paste (create if necessary) in the car's ini file located in:
extension\config\cars\common

[DEFORMING_HOOD]
NAME=LALALALALALAA ---> INSERT HOOD NAME (IF SELECTABLE) AS SHOWN IN THE SCREENSHOT
OFFSET_Y_MIDDLE=0.10
OFFSET_Y_END=0.0
OFFSET_Z_END=0.04
BULGING_EXTRA=15.7
BULGING_EXPONENT=52.0
NOISE_Y_AMPLITUDE=0.4
NOISE_Z_AMPLITUDE=0.4
NOISE_Y_FREQENCY=2.0
NOISE_Z_FREQENCY=3.0
Z_FACTOR=2.5
Z_BIAS=-0.2

Attachments

• ast2.jpg
    ast2.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 61
@K E N N E T H
Don't get sucked into all the pointless drama and petty feuds that a lot of sim racers seem to live for. Do what you enjoy and do it for yourself, nobody else. If you think other people might appreciate it, then share it. But don't put any material or emotional value on it. This wonderful hobby of ours unfortunately seems to attract a disproportionately high number of assholes.

Has anyone come across this chap before?
Very serious and intense chap but compared to the jovial clown like Broadbent and the teddy bear niceness of Chris Haye he is a breath of fresh air IMO.

He does AC stuff but in this iRacing clip he actually says due to lack of real feel of the car under him he says that sim racing is harder than real life.

He is a racing driver (one of thousands!) who seems to be in that position of not having a budget to do any serious racing..... but glad he is getting into sim racing....

There is no "100% FFB TEST!!!!!!111" or talk of cups of tea......
He is very very serious.....not everyones taste...

So i am making a very simple "off season" silverstone which so far is simply blank hoardings, just an idea for the winter effect over, well winter, so can have another option as well as the default one and the deemed ones etc etc...

So I'd like to remove the lorries and the gazeebo's littered around, so if i deleted the kn files would that do it? and obviously next question anyway of separating it so i can use the kn files when i wish?

Could i have 2 silverstone ks tracks?

BMW M3 GT2 2010 beta 0.97 by RPM

Kunos M3 GT2 modified physics :

- Detailled Arero
- New tyres
- No ABS
- Various details changes

Changes compared to 0.96 :
- Improved FFB
- Changes in aero
- Changes on tyres

https://sharemods.com/irs90ei0edyi/bmw_m3_gt2_2010_RPM_0.97.zip.html

Installation instructions in the zip.
And a Content Manager preset : a grid with only kunos cars (low CPU & GPU usage), click "save preset" and put it here.

To make real grids (look for one of the two GT2, GT or GTE car, on the right, not GT4 etc) :
https://www.racingsportscars.com/type/archive/BMW/M3 E92.html

Here you can found some links to do the grids : cars, circuits, etc...
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/endurance-around-2010-cars-tracks-grids-and-infos.391130/

Please say me everything that you do not seem realistic.

I really like the preset thing I am never sure why it's not more a thing with people sharing them?

Anyone got any go to presets?

https://mega.nz/#!1Ak0wAyb!cM9ltBOUVDhStIqzx2_6sbHpSUrI8-aRI66h74WTT_U (new smaller link now! took 20mb off file size!)
T16 hillclimb V0.96 (+14 more hours into it) new tires/has flames now, big blue ones out of the side/ New engine (the accurate one i posted day ago so that means twin turbo! no longer NA) Display updates aswell
+more stuff but dont wanna fill the page with details. youve seen my previous lists of changes on other cars that go for 2 paragraphs so you get it. this car is no exception to big detail changes, but its a boring read so ill save you from it.
a666d26c102fcfeaf482e205cbad0da1.png

Heres a photo of the Aero (spent a few hours of time on it) but it shouldn't use a ton of CPU usage
View attachment 873564
Enjoy the car, still is only 0.96 of 1.0 so any feedback on it ide rly appreciate so we can get it to V1.0) v0.96 is my excuse for any issues i overlooked hahaha otherwise ide call it 1.0 now

Very very nice. Brakes feel so much better now. I get some random weird buzzing sound when downshifting though. Didn't happen before if I remember correctly.

Edit to say Nice Flames :cheers:

hello, this tragedy leads me to disaster and today will be my last day here. (unsure)

(THIS IS THE TRUTH)
after finishing the Mosler mt900r, I was tired because I spent 12 hours (almost every day) on my computer converting cars. after that, my mind was lost because I need someone for helping my mods. I was thinking that a sim dream can help me finish my mods and released them for free, but I was forgot something that sim dream was RTM too. after making some announcements in my group.

that when everything is collapsed.

BEM ditch me. and some of my friends think I was a sim dream members or trying to scam or put a price tag on low-Quality cars, I was felt really depressed big one because I really care about them rather my friend in school. they blocked me, abandoned me and etc. I just felt really dumb. and this is was my biggest mistake ever, now they gonna spread the news I guess (unsure) about D.K modding team partnership whit sim dream, but that thing was ditched, because I remember that sim dream was a big scam (stupid me), now I just sit here waiting, confused, nothing to do. and etc, but I'm gonna make my last mod.

and the last mod (unsure) will be the dpi and the GTR.
I dunno if the virtua_lm is gonna make it.
but if you still support me. I'm gonna still making mods for free for the public.

thanks, regard

Kenneth.

Hey Kenneth you was my big hope of seeing virtua_lm cars in ac... I hope you make up with your friends and finish the mod. i would love to see those group c cars in ac. I would like to support the developement of this cars but i have 0 knoledge about graphics and some knoledge in physics.

Very very nice. Brakes feel so much better now. I get some random weird buzzing sound when downshifting though. Didn't happen before if I remember correctly.

Edit to say Nice Flames :cheers:
that buzzing sound is the SFX file, its the sound of a compressor from a real race car that allows the car to pneumatically shift, ill find a video of it happening in a car. i thought the same thing when i first heard that. but apparently it sounds exactly like that in real race cars when they downshift if the shifter is powered by compressed air

@kenneth
More advice from another 'old dude':
1. Real friends don't dump each other over silly and petty things. If they do, they're not actually friends at all – or at least, not ones worth having.
2. As Masscot said, don't let petty feuds get to you. Life will inevitably throw much bigger things at you that deserve full attention, but this doesn't.
3. As Electroforce said, balancing your 'sim time' with time doing 'real things' in the 'real world' where you make 'real friends' is a good way to make sure your life is also filled with really worthwhile experiences and moments of happiness.
4. Don't be put off from your passion by a few dicks saying dumb things. Learn to be resilient. It's something that will serve you well in life... and help get you through genuinely tough times.
5. If you see an elf under your bed, don't hit him with your foot when you get out of bed. Damaged elves are expensive to repair.

:dopey:

that buzzing sound is the SFX file, its the sound of a compressor from a real race car that allows the car to pneumatically shift, ill find a video of it happening in a car. i thought the same thing when i first heard that. but apparently it sounds exactly like that in real race cars when they downshift if the shifter is powered by compressed air

I did wonder if it was something like that. I can't find anything on Youtube so appreciate it if you can find a video for me.

I did wonder if it was something like that. I can't find anything on Youtube so appreciate it if you can find a video for me.

you must listen carfully but at 2:08 its pretty clear, while downshifting those last few gears, it will be louder than the engine. such an odd sound i never knew was real untill hearing it for myself

you must listen carfully but at 2:08 its pretty clear, while downshifting those last few gears, it will be louder than the engine. such an odd sound i never knew was real untill hearing it for myself

Wow - that's mad...Ive never really heard it before. Then again when the engine sounds as insane as it does in the flypast at 1:42 I'm not surprised I've never heard that buzzing sound lol.

Wow - that's mad...Ive never really heard it before. Then again when the engine sounds as insane as it does in the flypast at 1:42 I'm not surprised I've never heard that buzzing sound lol.
Yea i doubt you could hear that from outside the car unless you have the hearing of a small rodent. i think the compressor is located in the passenger foot area or the driver side foot area. and now i understand why they dont use that type of shifter on a Road car. no one would want to hear that buzzing every time they shift a gear no matter how fast it shifts.

http://www.assetto-fr.tk/AC/cars/ap_ferrari_250_testarossa/ap_ferrari_250_testarossa.7z
Original: AssettoPedia
Updated v1.2 15.12.2019 by Assetto-fr.tk
- Add LOD 1 2 3 (reduced CPU usage)
- Fix collider.kn5 and colliders.ini
- Add data for working apps Protyres
- New Physic
- Fix Tyres

preview.jpg
Nice job on this car, the original from assetto pedia i couldnt keep because it just didnt feel good at all. you did an excellent job on this. i went into replay and went into tire cam in VR and watched the tire flexing and you got it perfect it seems like for a classic car tire. the weight transfer felt in the steering wheel feels like kunos level for a classic car. not many people get that weight transfer feeling right. i can really feel the load up on the tire when it transfers that weight around. ill be keeping this version forsure.

https://mega.nz/#!1Ak0wAyb!cM9ltBOUVDhStIqzx2_6sbHpSUrI8-aRI66h74WTT_U (new smaller link now! took 20mb off file size!)
T16 hillclimb V0.96 (+14 more hours into it) new tires/has flames now, big blue ones out of the side/ New engine (the accurate one i posted day ago so that means twin turbo! no longer NA) Display updates aswell
+more stuff but dont wanna fill the page with details. youve seen my previous lists of changes on other cars that go for 2 paragraphs so you get it. this car is no exception to big detail changes, but its a boring read so ill save you from it.
a666d26c102fcfeaf482e205cbad0da1.png

Heres a photo of the Aero (spent a few hours of time on it) but it shouldn't use a ton of CPU usage
View attachment 873564
Enjoy the car, still is only 0.96 of 1.0 so any feedback on it ide rly appreciate so we can get it to V1.0) v0.96 is my excuse for any issues i overlooked hahaha otherwise ide call it 1.0 now

I like your gear choices (altho not much use @ tracks where the top speed is less than 185 mph), but you're going to need a much bigger gas tank...unless you can drastically reduce the fuel consumption. At full beans, you're getting less than 3 mpg (ca. 90 liters/100 km), which means you're limited to 5-lap sprint races or one lap of the Ring.

You also might want to consider reworking the spring-weight ranges to something more like 50-100 (F ) 75-150 (R).

It's a great ride!

--Steve Smith

I really like the preset thing I am never sure why it's not more a thing with people sharing them?

Anyone got any go to presets?

I started to do other preset (starting grid), I will share soon but other cars than kunos or URD have generaly only one lod and bad specs so realism and variety of starting grid need work on this cars.

I started to edit somme GT2 oponents, but the most important think to do for not kunos URD cars is 3 lods, there is a software that do lods but need last Windows, I have 7.

Last edited:
You also might want to consider reworking the spring-weight ranges to something more like 50-100 (F ) 75-150 (R).

If the engine is in the front the front spring must be stronger, (the kunos 911 GT3 R have 120 front and 110 rear despite CG_LOCATION=0.405).

https://mega.nz/#!EM0CAI6C!cekwTG98c4EIUox-fSLfG2YX11ZAX7z_LZ37fll_c1g
Mazda miata cup 24 hour edition (new sound)
this car i forgot about, but i put alot of time into it back in november and then dropped it because something better came along and because im A.D.D turbo 278 whp/ -4kg of weight/ 150mph top speed/ spits baby little blue flames now/ display/light changes -Details below!-
2f98bb652514af1c3d7df67e3212d53f.png

Added a baby turbo on it bringing it up to a massive 277 wheel horsepower. absolutely tremendous. new HID headlight color. New tires that can handle the power increase. New lighter drivetrain and fly wheel. slight suspension tuning but it didn't need too much, NO aerodynamic tuning at all so it's still all mechanical grip like the other mx5 cup. most of the tuning was tires/drivetrain related and balancing the turbo.
Nurburgring time: 7:33! pretty quick but most of all its extremely fun to drive. the mx5 cup wasn't spirited enough, this one has a little more life to it.

https://mega.nz/#!EM0CAI6C!cekwTG98c4EIUox-fSLfG2YX11ZAX7z_LZ37fll_c1g
Mazda miata cup 24 hour edition (new sound)
this car i forgot about, but i put alot of time into it back in november and then dropped it because something better came along and because im A.D.D turbo 278 whp/ -4kg of weight/ 150mph top speed/ spits baby little blue flames now/ display/light changes -Details below!-
2f98bb652514af1c3d7df67e3212d53f.png

Added a baby turbo on it bringing it up to a massive 277 wheel horsepower. absolutely tremendous. new HID headlight color. New tires that can handle the power increase. New lighter drivetrain and fly wheel. slight suspension tuning but it didn't need too much, NO aerodynamic tuning at all so it's still all mechanical grip like the other mx5 cup. most of the tuning was tires/drivetrain related and balancing the turbo.
Nurburgring time: 7:33! pretty quick but most of all its extremely fun to drive. the mx5 cup wasn't spirited enough, this one has a little more life to it.

If you could make a wheel swap to something more race it would look a lot nicer!Some jdm wheel maybe.Thanks!

If you could make a wheel swap to something more race it would look a lot nicer!Some jdm wheel maybe.Thanks!
i dont know how to do anything visual except flames/paint somwhat and digital displays. i cant use blender or anything 3d model software to do that :/

ferrari_250_testarossa
Original: AssettoPedia
Updated v1.2 15.12.2019 by Assetto-fr.tk

Nice improvement over the original.
Now, if you could change the windscreen so it does not look like there's a raging blizzard, that would be nice too.
I don't mind the road reflections on the chrome, but on the windscreen the effect is very disturbing.
Picture obviously does not show how bad it looks when driving:

blizzard.png

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back