Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,158 comments
I have a small problem and dont know how to solve it.For some reason highlands is covered in snow.I had autumn nords installed and uninstalled it.I also choose optimum weather.I did an integrity check and it required some files,but the snow doesn't want to melt...

Not sure what the culprit may be, but I have no issues for this track. Just did a race with 20 AI and I have 67.5 fps AVG, which is pretty fine on my triple 27" 144 Hz 1 Ms sytem (see signature for the rest). I also did not notice any frame drops. Do you have your nVidia updated ?

Driver 441.66 from the 10th this month. I´m so frustrated that I can not get rock solid 60 fps (always vsync on) with 15 or more cars with everything maxed up :-(

I can only get that with 3, 4 cars maybe...I also know that that depends on the cars, on the track etc but...come on! I think I have the minimum to fully enjoy with the poor screen screen I have, don´t you agree?

Last edited:
I have a small problem and dont know how to solve it.For some reason highlands is covered in snow.I had autumn nords installed and uninstalled it.I also choose optimum weather.I did an integrity check and it required some files,but the snow doesn't want to melt...

Might be a silly question, but have you tried changing the date to a summer month in SOL when in game? If that helps then I think there is some settings in CM that can set the game to ignore the real time of year.

Lienz reworked - Festival der Geschwindigkeit
A new reworked version of Lienz.

View attachment 873919 View attachment 873920

"I fixed a lot of holes, lowered friction, configured new surface effects like cobbles, curbs, sand, gravel and grass..."

Thanks for the update! The track still has the "staircase" effect on multiple corners, but the track itself with your fixes and Mike08's textures is becoming a little gem, conversion started by Gilles75 who'd have known :lol:. Like you say all that's needed now really is improved AI, more layouts and maybe a better road mesh or just those staircase corners fixing :D

Might be a silly question, but have you tried changing the date to a summer month in SOL when in game? If that helps then I think there is some settings in CM that can set the game to ignore the real time of year.

Thanks for the update! The track still has the "staircase" effect on multiple corners, but the track itself with your fixes and Mike08's textures is becoming a little gem, conversion started by Gilles75 who'd have known :lol:. Like you say all that's needed now really is improved AI, more layouts and maybe a better road mesh or just those staircase corners fixing :D

That was it!!!Never knew it existed!!!Many thanks!!!Sommer has arrived again!

Driver 441.66 from the 10th this month. I´m so frustrated that I can not get rock solid 60 fps (always vsync on) with 15 or more cars with everything maxed up :-(

I can only get that with 3, 4 cars maybe...I also know that that depends on the cars, on the track etc but...come on! I think I have the minimum to fully enjoy with the poor screen screen I have, don´t you agree?

If you're using content manager then go to Extra FX and disable Local Reflections and Temporal Anti-Aliasing. Doing that gained me a load of FPS when I was struggling on certain tracks.

That was it!!!Never knew it existed!!!Many thanks!!!Sommer has arrived again!

I was stumped on this one as well but @slider666 pointed out the 3 dots next to the Time on the Drive tab of content manager. I never knew it was there but you can specify a date and year etc in there if SOL isn't working for you.

In general, absolutely true (I learned that from Doug Arnao when I was writing the GPL Strategy Guide a quarter-century ago), but if you can't find the balance by conventional means (I hate 'tuning' the car's handling with extreme toe settings), spring weights are an acceptable alternative.

I think sprint is the first stuff to move.
On the M3 GT2 the changes on fast bumbs are realy tiny, I think it's for doinq precise front/rear balance.

Here a good summary for not understeering or oversteering.

For the 208 T16 I thought the engine was in front.

Last edited:
Nope...same problem on the same spots...
The track doesn't run great for me either but not as bad as you're describing. At all settings maxed and at 1440p, i7 3770, 16GB RAM and RTX 2060 - Ferrari 488 Pista grid. I get an AVG of 63FPS on the original and 53FPS on the rework both with 20 AI cars. In 2 or 3 parts FPS drops below 50 and on the rework I get one drop into the 30's for a second or two. If I drop the resolution to 1080p then I average just over 60FPS on both tracks with about 3 major drops into the 40s. Your CPU is stronger than mine and graphics card in this scenario will be on par, so I think something is taking away valuable FPS for you and not just a demanding track alone.

First try turning off CSP and PP Filters and compare FPS again which will eliminate a lot of variables in one go. There's lots of setting in there that can hinder and also help FPS but mainly related to graphics cards, but I'm sure yours is more likely mainly CPU related.

You have a K processor running at 4Ghz, as soon as you get some time I would overclock that thing as much as possible. If you haven't changed any settings in your BIOS and are not running any overclocking software then that processor will be running at 4.4Ghz (IIRC) in AC if your temps are within tolerance. If you can get a few more hundred Mhz out of it, which you definitely should be able to, your FPS with more AI cars will absolutely increase. On the other hand, if you are having overheating problems then that could be why your FPS is dropping way more than mine. Bearing in mind that mine is a weaker processor that I have running at 4.1Ghz in AC.

Disable Extra Fx completely and try again. But as @Fanapryde just said it may be something to do with your system.

EDIT: Just did a 15 car race with @megolito 's Porsche GT1 and got around 50FPS but I only have a crappy gtx1050TI so that's pretty good for me lol. I normally get 80FPS when I'm hot lapping though.
that made my day hearing you still drive that car :dopey: . i really gave that car everything i had. most cars get tossed in the collection only to never be driven again. Even good cars see that fate sometimes. there's too many cars not enough time. this makes me want to try to finish that ford GT that ive failed to complete over 5 times now since october. by failed i mean put many hours into it only for it to come out driving like a 2005 GT or a used tissue. ive been forced to rage delete that atrocity over and over

that made my day hearing you still drive that car :dopey: . i really gave that car everything i had. most cars get tossed in the collection only to never be driven again. Even good cars see that fate sometimes. there's too many cars not enough time. this makes me want to try to finish that ford GT that ive failed to complete over 5 times now since october. by failed i mean put many hours into it only for it to come out driving like a 2005 GT or a used tissue. ive been forced to rage delete that atrocity over and over

To be honest I generally do the same and drive cars once and then forget about them, but your Porsche has found itself in my list of favourites for when I'm driving road courses. Although it does occasionally throw itself into the bushes on Lienz on some of the more bumpy sections when going flat out :D

You'll get there with the Ford GT I'm sure, but driving a used tissue does sound like a valid reason to rage delete

@__EASY__, @Fanapryde , @Masscot I have a big issue with that car when braking, my wheel shakes violently. Are the brakes working fine for you?
No, can't say it does..
I do have ABS disabled (obviously, since there was no ABS for that car) and when I brake hard when the wheels are not straight, I can feel them 'catching and stuttering', which would be normal I guess....

Last edited:
.../... The track still has the "staircase" effect on multiple corners.../...

I'm not sure it is that well known staircase effect here. I am aware of that issue in a lot (well..almost all) Gilles' conversions, but in this case it feels to me it's part of the bumpy track. You get the same effects on straights and tbh the whole track is like that. It does not bother me, some cars are more sensitive than others. Or maybe I'm getting used to it, since I have over 500 km on the different versions combined by now, with all kinds of cars.
(My rFactor2 version is not different in road feel either).

Nope...same problem on the same spots...

Where are the spots you get that drastic fps loss ?
I just did a few laps alone on track and I get 122,5 fps AVG with a recorded minimum of 108,8 fps... almost everything at very high or maximum, SOL active, NO vertical sync... reflections at 1024 X 1024 (three faces per frame).

Last edited:
Hello all,

First all thanks to all the modders who make AC such a joy to continue to use. The variety and options sometimes seem endless.

That being said I do feel there is an opportunity for some focused projects. I will be the first to admit I know virtually nothing about modding and lack most of the skills necessary to do what so many of you do. But I do have a vision. And with some help maybe we could turn it into a joint project.

I love street cars. In particular cars that are great to drive. For its 200th issue the English magazine EVO put together the 20 best drivers cars they had driven in the first 16 years of the magazine (1998-2014).

Audi R8 V8
BMW M3 CSL (E46)
Carterham Superlight R500
Ferrari 458 Speciale
Ferrari 575M
Ford GT
Honda Integra Type R
Lamborghini Murcielago LP-670-4 SV
Lexus LFA
Lotus Exige (S1)
MB SLS AMG Black
Mitsubishi EVO VI TME
Nissan GT-R (2014)
Noble M12 GTO-3R
Porsche Carrera GT
Porsche GTS RS 3.8 (997.2)
Renault Megane R26.R
Renualt Clio 182 Trophy
Subaru Impreza P1
TVR Tuscan (MkIII)

Every car on this list is special and I cannot imagine many car lovers who would not love to have a few of these in their dream garage.

Unfortunately AC seems to be lacking most of these. What I was wondering is if there are some people that would like to take on a project to see if we can get high quality mods of all these cars. I know that there are mods out there for several of these but the goal here would to be a cohesive set of mods for the entire list. I figure it would be a six step process:
  1. Identify any existing mods and identify the best one (and get permission to mod/use where possible)
  2. Address any visual/graphic issues
  3. Fix any data issues to reflect real world figures (tire size/compound, power, gearing etc…)
  4. Refine physics and test (preferably with people with extensive real world high performance driving experience)
  5. Sound (this might be the hardest)
  6. Release
I was thinking that each step would have a key group working together.

So this is just an idea I have and I am curious to see if any others like the idea and would want to take part?

The track doesn't run great for me either but not as bad as you're describing. At all settings maxed and at 1440p, i7 3770, 16GB RAM and RTX 2060 - Ferrari 488 Pista grid. I get an AVG of 63FPS on the original and 53FPS on the rework both with 20 AI cars. In 2 or 3 parts FPS drops below 50 and on the rework I get one drop into the 30's for a second or two. If I drop the resolution to 1080p then I average just over 60FPS on both tracks with about 3 major drops into the 40s. Your CPU is stronger than mine and graphics card in this scenario will be on par, so I think something is taking away valuable FPS for you and not just a demanding track alone.

First try turning off CSP and PP Filters and compare FPS again which will eliminate a lot of variables in one go. There's lots of setting in there that can hinder and also help FPS but mainly related to graphics cards, but I'm sure yours is more likely mainly CPU related.

You have a K processor running at 4Ghz, as soon as you get some time I would overclock that thing as much as possible. If you haven't changed any settings in your BIOS and are not running any overclocking software then that processor will be running at 4.4Ghz (IIRC) in AC if your temps are within tolerance. If you can get a few more hundred Mhz out of it, which you definitely should be able to, your FPS with more AI cars will absolutely increase. On the other hand, if you are having overheating problems then that could be why your FPS is dropping way more than mine. Bearing in mind that mine is a weaker processor that I have running at 4.1Ghz in AC.
@norms Dude, that was the most logical summary I´ve ever read about this issue lol.
Let´s see if what I´m going to describe means something to you that could help me solve this problem (though I´m guessing what you´re going to say). With CSP deleted and no ppfiltering allowed, in silverstone national (kunos) and 20 cars on track (ferrari fxxk also from Kunos), with ABSOLUTELY all maxed up graphically, except MSAA (not on x8 but on x4) and rendering distance of reflections at 500m, the reading at the render status app (kunos) is between 40 and 45 fps with that red line all up and down like crazy :-D .
With the "default bright" ppfilter the fsp stays almost the same if not exactly (AVG 46.2).
However, the readings on the MSI afterburner tell that the GPU has a load of around 54% / 60% and with temperatures around 54º / 60º (all very gentle on the GPU, I think). Now the CPU... Occupancy of around 40% / 55% and temperatures climbing to moments of 90º. Now...that is a lot, isn´t it?
Is my problem the cooling???

I'm not sure it is that well known staircase effect here. I am aware of that issue in a lot (well..almost all) Gilles' conversions, but in this case it feels to me it's part of the bumpy track. You get the same effects on straights and tbh the whole track is like that. It does not bother me, some cars are more sensitive than others. Or maybe I'm getting used to it, since I have over 500 km on the different versions combined by now, with all kinds of cars.
(My rFactor2 version is not different in road feel either).

It might not be a worst case no but it's definitely there and some corners are worse than others. It's not too bad and I can ignore it but it would be nice to smooth it out a little. I wish I had the skills to do a new mesh but that's beyond my ability.

@normsCPU... Occupancy of around 40% / 55% and temperatures climbing to moments of 90º. Now...that is a lot, isn´t it?

Ouch, yes that is too high. According to Intel the TCASE of your CPU is 74.04°C. If it is hitting 90°C then you are slowly killing it. I'm not sure with 8 threads that AC uses every one of them 100% of the time even under full load so occupancy of 40-55% on that chip might be the norm, maybe a little higher. You really need to sort out the cooling. There's also a chance that it is being reported wrong, can you try your motherboards own software for temp readings and also another 3rd party such as OpenHardwareMonitor (the one I use)?

finally did an accurate engine on the ford GT using real data with a twin turbo. all the new Ford GTs ive found have been no turbo
upload_2019-12-16_17-2-58.png Stock data

upload_2019-12-16_17-4-41.png Engine i built (mind you the stock data starts at 1000rpm)

Edit:
heres a quote from a dyno tech on the GTs performance, "After a total of three runs, the best numbers were 589.28 horsepower at the wheels and 549.91 pound-feet of torque at the wheels". So ill have to match that with drivetrain loss

They expected a 10-15% drivetrain loss putting them at about 550whp. but instead got 589 meaning the motor is more powerful than listed. or there is something like 9.3% drivtrain loss (very low) hmmmm

Last edited:
@norms Dude, that was the most logical summary I´ve ever read about this issue lol.
Let´s see if what I´m going to describe means something to you that could help me solve this problem (though I´m guessing what you´re going to say). With CSP deleted and no ppfiltering allowed, in silverstone national (kunos) and 20 cars on track (ferrari fxxk also from Kunos), with ABSOLUTELY all maxed up graphically, except MSAA (not on x8 but on x4) and rendering distance of reflections at 500m, the reading at the render status app (kunos) is between 40 and 45 fps with that red line all up and down like crazy :-D .
With the "default bright" ppfilter the fsp stays almost the same if not exactly (AVG 46.2).
However, the readings on the MSI afterburner tell that the GPU has a load of around 54% / 60% and with temperatures around 54º / 60º (all very gentle on the GPU, I think). Now the CPU... Occupancy of around 40% / 55% and temperatures climbing to moments of 90º. Now...that is a lot, isn´t it?

You might wanna download this https://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/ or https://openhardwaremonitor.org/ as @norms suggested. If those temps you posted are accurate then something is definitely not right.

Edited because my CPU actually runs at 40 - 50% whilst running a 15 car race so forget what I said lol

Last edited:
It might not be a worst case no but it's definitely there and some corners are worse than others. It's not too bad and I can ignore it but it would be nice to smooth it out a little. I wish I had the skills to do a new mesh but that's beyond my ability.

Ouch, yes that is too high. According to Intel the TCASE of your CPU is 74.04°C. If it is hitting 90°C then you are slowly killing it. I'm not sure with 8 threads that AC uses every one of them 100% of the time even under full load so occupancy of 40-55% on that chip might be the norm, maybe a little higher. You really need to sort out the cooling. There's also a chance that it is being reported wrong, can you try your motherboards own software for temp readings and also another 3rd party such as OpenHardwareMonitor (the one I use)?
I guessed what you were going to say lol. Most definitely a silly question but not a chance of part of the issud is dued to the screen/monitor that I have? It has a max of only 60Hz. Just trying to eliminate all the variables lol

braking seems pretty normal.

intersting!

I can feel them 'catching and stuttering'

yes "catching and stuttering", like trying to brake with loose bearings, I would think on a DD wheel it would rather violent.

I do have ABS disabled

Do you mean you went to the data folder and remove the ABS? I did not look as I would not expect abs to be on a vintage.

On a different subject:
E0528E3874EC3F4DC71DEF09750DFAB3BDF31C6B

how do we get rid of this again? it is the ap_300_slr_trackday

You might wanna download this https://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/ or https://openhardwaremonitor.org/ as @norms suggested. If those temps you posted are accurate then something is definitely not right. Also worth installing this https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer to see what is causing the CPU occupancy as it shouldn't be running at 40/55% even when you are gaming. What cooling setup have you got?
My cooling fan is a Corsair nxs750...

You might wanna download this https://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/ or https://openhardwaremonitor.org/ as @norms suggested. If those temps you posted are accurate then something is definitely not right.

Edited because my CPU actually runs at 40 - 50% whilst running a 15 car race so forget what I said lol
Yep...it definitely seems that the cooling is not right. With openhardwaremonitor I get the same temps on the cores. Between 81º and small peaks of 91º. Is my Corsair nxs750 really that bad???

EDIT: Where´s my head loooolll. This Corsair is the power source ahahahahahahaha Like this https://www.corsair.com/pt/pt/Categ...-alimentação/cs-series-config/p/CP-9020078-EU
Please forgive me and forget about what I said about the cooling. To be honest, I don´t know what I have for cooling (so ashamed of myself lol)

Last edited:
@normsWith CSP deleted and no ppfiltering allowed, in silverstone national (kunos) and 20 cars on track (ferrari fxxk also from Kunos), with ABSOLUTELY all maxed up graphically, except MSAA (not on x8 but on x4) and rendering distance of reflections at 500m, the reading at the render status app (kunos) is between 40 and 45 fps with that red line all up and down like crazy :-D ...

Out of curiosity I have recreated what you did:

FPS dropped to around 55 on first 2 corners then steadied between 60 and 70 for the rest of the lap. CPU occupancy was 50-55% and GPU 50%. My CPU temp maxed out at 55 degrees and GPU temp 65 degrees. So I think we have found your problem!

I haven't heard of this cooler either. When was the last time you cleaned it out? Visually check it and see if the fans are clogged, it would be a good idea to strip it down and re apply new thermal paste too, or perhaps a new cooler if it really is that bad??

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back