Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,755 comments
Hi guys,

Anyone know what i need to do to fix cars that have a driver doesn't have a "VR head"? i have couple of cars i really like, but kinda irritating seeing the guys face in clipping into my view. Like on the RS200 IMSA GTO.

Thanks in advance :)

Found in Assetto Corsa Warehouse

!!!RELEASED!!! BMW M1 Procar series

The series pitted professional drivers from the Formula One World Championship, and other series against each other using identically modified BMW M1 sports cars.

Original conversion by Pitone, updated by Mat Teo
Physics from scratch by Bazza von Dutch

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/mz7bvfewdiswycx/20191214_AC_Legends_80%B4s_BMW_M1_Procar_v1.0.5.7z/file

79255120_832984807157669_5262353716727513088_o.jpg

Just out of curiosity, how does this mod compare to the M1 in the DRM Revival package? I love this particular car and I want to have the best possible. But I have no interest in having it doubled in my "garage" :lol:

hey do you guys know if that mazda miatas custom upgrade logo that says "24hr" does that come with the car when you download it? or is that a local thing that only my game recognizes?

Just out of curiosity, how does this mod compare to the M1 in the DRM Revival package? I love this particular car and I want to have the best possible. But I have no interest in having it doubled in my "garage" :lol:
It's hard to compare since it is a different car / class. It looks different and it drives different.

"""""
The BMW M1 Procar Championship, sometimes known simply as Procar, was a one-make auto racing series created by Jochen Neerpasch, head of BMW Motorsport GmbH, the racing division of automobile manufacturer BMW. The series pitted professional drivers from the Formula One World Championship, World Sportscar Championship, European Touring Car Championship, and other international series against one another using identically modified BMW M1 sports cars.

Billed as an opportunity to see a mix of drivers from various motorsport disciplines, the championship served as support races for various European rounds of the 1979 Formula One season, with Formula One drivers earning automatic entry into the Procar event based on their performance in their Formula One cars. Austrian Niki Lauda won the inaugural championship. In 1980, the series held some events outside of Formula One schedule, and was won by Brazilian Nelson Piquet. BMW chose not to continue the championship in 1981 to concentrate on their entrance into Formula One.

"""""

If you like the car, I'd suggest to try it and you may well end up keeping both...

Last edited:
Yea i doubt you could hear that from outside the car unless you have the hearing of a small rodent. i think the compressor is located in the passenger foot area or the driver side foot area. and now i understand why they dont use that type of shifter on a Road car. no one would want to hear that buzzing every time they shift a gear no matter how fast it shifts.

Teach me to post at 1am lol. I think my post should have read more like "Then again when the engine sounds as loud as it does inside I'm not surprised I've never heard that buzzing sound lol. It also sounds insane in the flypast at 1:42"

Has anyone come across this chap before?
Very serious and intense chap but compared to the jovial clown like Broadbent and the teddy bear niceness of Chris Haye he is a breath of fresh air IMO.

He does AC stuff but in this iRacing clip he actually says due to lack of real feel of the car under him he says that sim racing is harder than real life.

He is a racing driver (one of thousands!) who seems to be in that position of not having a budget to do any serious racing..... but glad he is getting into sim racing....

There is no "100% FFB TEST!!!!!!111" or talk of cups of tea......
He is very very serious.....not everyones taste...

I already came across him, and he his clips are very nice.
But I also enjoy Broadbent and GM a lot :)

i dont know how to do anything visual except flames/paint somwhat and digital displays. i cant use blender or anything 3d model software to do that :/

No problem.If you like to try you can download 3ds max for free from the official website.

Updated v1.3 16.12.2019 by Assetto-fr.tk
- Fix glass texture (thanks Fanapryde)
- Update ARB in Setup (you can make her more fun)
- Update Wheel Rate and Height in Setup

Thanks, looks fine now.
For people who want to have race numbers (and different ones) here's my contribution to the car (@__EASY__ feel free to add them if you like).

testa.png

NEW LINK: (real LM liveries added, some changes to previous skin numbers)
https://mega.nz/#!HSwCnKgJ!w0TEjWUOnbrUq-mCbCeU0V85rBSsFe9dymRkWxrGEoM

(Link is the same as the one I posted more recently btw...)

Last edited:
Lienz reworked - Festival der Geschwindigkeit
A new reworked version of Lienz.

lienz_reworked_01.jpg
lienz_reworked_02.jpg

I fixed a lot of holes, lowered friction, configured new surface effects like cobbles, curbs, sand, gravel and grass. Added seasons config, new water and grass fx shader, some deers, made signs and barriers collidable, tweaked a bit the brightness from some textures. Fixed graphical glitches on tennants and flags in the city and the crowd people all over the track, besides some strange glow and haze on certain objects ....
https://sharemods.com/0cd8r1ywrrph/lienz_reworked_v1.66.7z.html

AI isn´t the best yet, maybe someone can help improving it? Different track layouts could be generated later on with some helping hands too?
I renamed the track and therefore it didn´t overwrites gilles75, Jerry60 or showmebest versions.
Many thanks for original rFactor version from SimBim, gilles75 conversion, @Fanapryde and @Masscot for intensive testing, Ilja and PeterBoese for excellent CSP, CM and SOL. :bowdown:

Mike08 released last WE a retextured skin, but take care to not overwrite the config ini in extension from this release:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lienz-retexture-by-mike08.30055/

Hope you enjoy this! :dopey:

hey guys i was driving the kunos Porsche 911 GT3 R the like middle one, not the cup or RSR. this one has center exhaust pipes. i noticed while driving it when i switched to third person, the exhaust start glowing red with heat. and cool down if you stop driving. it looks amazing. is this a CSP thing? or did kunos put that in? i swear that is the only car with that that i have seen.

If the engine is in the front the front spring must be stronger, (the kunos 911 GT3 R have 120 front and 110 rear despite CG_LOCATION=0.405).
In general, absolutely true (I learned that from Doug Arnao when I was writing the GPL Strategy Guide a quarter-century ago), but if you can't find the balance by conventional means (I hate 'tuning' the car's handling with extreme toe settings), spring weights are an acceptable alternative. Look at the image I posted on report 20071: the front rate is all the way at the minimum (150) and the rear is all the way at the maximum (90). True, I could have softened the front bar and stiffened the rear, but I reckoned that, with 4WD and a mid-rear engine placement, like the T16, the car should have a near-50/50 weight balance, so the spring weights ought to be similar. Instead, they're heavily biased toward the front. Thus my recommendation that the range of spring rates be altered (i.e., allowing softer rates at the front, stiffer rates at the rear).

@megolito
hey guys i was driving the kunos Porsche 911 GT3 R ... is this a CSP thing? or did kunos put that in? i swear that is the only car with that that i have seen.
It´s a CSP thingy:
Code:
; exhaust glow
[INCLUDE: common/gt3_exhaust_glow.ini]
If you inspect your ..\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\cars\ folder you can find some more cars with it.

@KJRacing81
What's the script with the nav in csp? Is it just for specific cars?
Same folder search for
Code:
[INCLUDE: common/navigators.ini]
and you find at least 4 cars that Ilja have implemented with an Navigator:
  • ks_audi_r8_plus
  • pagani_huayra
  • ks_maserati_quattroporte
  • ks_ford_mustang_2015

How to implement it yourself in other cars is explained on CSP Discord channel.

Edit: and here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mod-discussion.307899/page-661#post-12952484 @Cote Dazur explained it a bit better too. 👍 :cheers:

And @gergerger explained here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mod-discussion.307899/page-671#post-12958171 a easy way to check correct position and size of navigator. 👍 :cheers:

Last edited:
Just to be 100% sure, I should not install the 'extension' folder in Mike08's download?
Yepp, water shader and grass fx shader are both in my config too, even they aren´t exactly the same as Mike08´s one.
Just use the skin itself, extract it into:
Code:
..\content\tracks\lienz_reworked\skins\cm_skins\
and enable it per CM.
The ones without CM (are there ones?) extract content from skin folder into:
Code:
..\content\tracks\lienz_reworked\skins\default\

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Anyone know what i need to do to fix cars that have a driver doesn't have a "VR head"? i have couple of cars i really like, but kinda irritating seeing the guys face in clipping into my view. Like on the RS200 IMSA GTO.

Thanks in advance :)
If you analyse the car in CM (when the car is selected, it's an option at the bottom) then CM should recognise this as something that needs fixing and give you the option. It doesn't always work, so if it doesn't, substitute the driver for one that you know works.

@megolito

It´s a CSP thingy:
Code:
; exhaust glow
[INCLUDE: common/gt3_exhaust_glow.ini]
If you inspect your ..\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\cars\ folder you can find some more cars with it.

So does that mean i can easily make other cars tail pipes glow? just by adding a Cfg file to it? or do you have to do it in a 3d modeling software?

Lienz reworked - Festival der Geschwindigkeit
A new reworked version of Lienz.

View attachment 873919 View attachment 873920

I fixed a lot of holes, lowered friction, configured new surface effects like cobbles, curbs, sand, gravel and grass. Added seasons config, new water and grass fx shader, some deers, made signs and barriers collidable, tweaked a bit the brightness from some textures. Fixed graphical glitches on tennants and flags in the city and the crowd people all over the track, besides some strange glow and haze on certain objects ....
https://sharemods.com/0cd8r1ywrrph/lienz_reworked_v1.66.7z.html

AI isn´t the best yet, maybe someone can help improving it? Different track layouts could be generated later on with some helping hands too?
I renamed the track and therefore it didn´t overwrites gilles75, Jerry60 or showmebest versions.
Many thanks for original rFactor version from SimBim, gilles75 conversion, @Fanapryde and @Masscot for intensive testing, Ilja and PeterBoese for excellent CSP, CM and SOL. :bowdown:

Mike08 released last WE a retextured skin, but take care to not overwrite the config ini in extension from this release:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lienz-retexture-by-mike08.30055/

Hope you enjoy this! :dopey:

Hi.
The previous version as well as this one both seem poorly optimized. I tried the previous just to check. I have huge fps drops (to aprox. 30 fps) in so many parts of the track...
It´s a pity since the track is awesome but I´m having the same kind of problem I face while driving some simtraxx tracks like Provence Alps, for instance. Is it possible that the problem rests on my graphics setup? My system is as follows:

CPU: I7-4790k @ 4Ghz
GPU: Nvidia 1070 GTX - 8Gb
RAM: 24 Gb
Monitor: an old and huge Samsung TV that only delivers 60 Mhz

Is there any magical formula in terms of setup that I could use free of problems? Because trial an error is going on for weeks now :-)

http://www.assetto-fr.tk/AC/cars/ap_ferrari_250_testarossa/ap_ferrari_250_testarossa.7z

Original: AssettoPedia
Updated v1.3 16.12.2019 by Assetto-fr.tk
- Fix glass texture (thanks Fanapryde)
- Update ARB in Setup (you can make her more fun)
- Update Wheel Rate and Height in Setup

ap_ferrari_250_testarossa.jpg
Hi __EASY__, once again there's a data folder AND a data.acd in the car folder. There should be one or the other, but not both.
If you unpack the data.acd to get access to the data folder for editing it, then either repack the data folder afterwards and delete the data folder that's left, or leave the edited data folder unpacked and delete the original data.acd.
If you have both then the unpacked data folder is usually ignored as data.acd takes priority, but your very latest updates might be in the data folder (and therefore getting ignored until you delete data.acd, or repack the data and delete the data folder).
The whole thing gets even messier if people have 'use unpacked data if it exists' ticked.
All your edited car seem to have this issue and it's impossible to tell which is the correct updated data resource. I have pointed it out before but you keep doing it. :)
I want to change the shifting animation to something less 'Bruce Lee' but don't know which set of data to use. Can you remember which is the latest?

Last edited:
I’ve read somewhere that those special gurus are at it again and might be updating Assetto’s UI via CM. Any news on this at all? Any special previews to look at?

Hi.
The previous version as well as this one both seem poorly optimized. I tried the previous just to check. I have huge fps drops (to aprox. 30 fps) in so many parts of the track...
It´s a pity since the track is awesome but I´m having the same kind of problem I face while driving some simtraxx tracks like Provence Alps, for instance. Is it possible that the problem rests on my graphics setup? My system is as follows:

CPU: I7-4790k @ 4Ghz
GPU: Nvidia 1070 GTX - 8Gb
RAM: 24 Gb
Monitor: an old and huge Samsung TV that only delivers 60 Mhz

Is there any magical formula in terms of setup that I could use free of problems? Because trial an error is going on for weeks now :-)

Not sure what the culprit may be, but I have no issues for this track. Just did a race with 20 AI and I have 67.5 fps AVG, which is pretty fine on my triple 27" 144 Hz 1 Ms sytem (see signature for the rest). I also did not notice any frame drops. Do you have your nVidia updated ?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back