Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,147 comments
yes "catching and stuttering", like trying to brake with loose bearings, I would think on a DD wheel it would rather violent.
Do you mean you went to the data folder and remove the ABS? I did not look as I would not expect abs to be on a vintage.

On my DD wheel it feels exactly like I would feel the steering wheel in a classic car with 'high sidewall' diagonals. It does not feel like loose bearings, it's just the movement of the high wall tires deforming under braking.

I disable ABS in the tuning screen in game (must not forget to do that every time, because it does not get saved).
I need to take a look on how to disable ABS permanently in the data folder...
But which data folder !? :D

It's in electonics.ini: both PRESENT and ACTIVE changed from 1 to 0 should do the trick.

[ABS]
SLIP_RATIO_LIMIT=0.12
CURVE=
PRESENT=0
ACTIVE=0

RATE_HZ=110

Edit: with ABS disabled, that described feeling seems to have left the house too - or maybe it's because the data.acd is now doing it's job ? I removed the other data file.

Last edited:
I actually have no idea what that fan is lol. Is that a cpu fan?
Out of curiosity I have recreated what you did:

FPS dropped to around 55 on first 2 corners then steadied between 60 and 70 for the rest of the lap. CPU occupancy was 50-55% and GPU 50%. My CPU temp maxed out at 55 degrees and GPU temp 65 degrees. So I think we have found your problem!

I haven't heard of this cooler either. When was the last time you cleaned it out? Visually check it and see if the fans are clogged, it would be a good idea to strip it down and re apply new thermal paste too, or perhaps a new cooler if it really is that bad??
Check the edited post above. Sorry :-D

deleted

Attachments

• IMG_20191216_224442.jpg
    IMG_20191216_224442.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
On my DD wheel it feels exactly like I would feel the steering wheel in a classic car with 'high sidewall'

then, it is not what I am feeling. It is weird because my FFB is fine with all the other cars. The original ap car has the same issue but less pronounced. The RTM one is fine.

The track still has the "staircase" effect on multiple corners, but the track itself with your fixes and Mike08's textures is becoming a little gem, conversion started by Gilles75 who'd have known :lol:. Like you say all that's needed now really is improved AI, more layouts and maybe a better road mesh or just those staircase corners fixing :D

Almost all of Gilles's tracks have a juddery 'washboard' effect on corners as a result of their ancient source material and the slapdash way they're converted to AC. Road meshes aren't constructed like that any more, thankfully. Having said that, for me Lienz is one of Gilles's rare ones that doesn't have that effect around the corners - it just feels like a nice bumpy track to me with good FFB feel. It's pretty miraculous what Slider and others have done with this track, the changelog is of biblical proportions. Talk about making a silk purse out of a sow's ear. :)

then, it is not what I am feeling. It is weird because my FFB is fine with all the other cars. The original ap car has the same issue but less pronounced. The RTM one is fine.
I get the odd mod car occasionally that I can't even drive at low speeds on a flat track without my FFB wheel see-sawing violently left and right, so maybe there's just something in how this car is set up under braking that clashes with your FFB settings..?

I get the odd mod car occasionally that I can't even drive at low speeds on a flat track without my FFB wheel see-sawing violently left and right, so maybe there's just something in how this car is set up under braking that clashes with your FFB settings..?
last time i got this phenomenon on a mod car, the vehicle had excessive negative toe. combined with a very very odd tire setup where it seemed like somone copied a kunos tire into the tire.ini* and then edited it without testing it. whenever i change too many values at one time without testing all the sudden i drive the car and legit one time when i turned the wheel left the car would turn right! hahahaha no joke that happend. (it was my first time making a double wish bone conversion from a strut)

Last edited:
Just tested again. As said, I disabled ABS in the data file (after unpacking), changed BB to 60 (hesitated to make it cockpit controllable for a moment, but decide not to). Repacked data to data.acd, deleted the other data file.
Brake balance is good (can still be changed in the setup) and all wheels block when braking hard, the fronts just a tad earlier. There is not 'odd' feeling left, though I did not mind before either.

So does that mean i can easily make other cars tail pipes glow? just by adding a Cfg file to it? or do you have to do it in a 3d modeling software?
Sorry, I´m more the track related guy, but as far I understand it you have to inspect the name of the exhaust mesh with CM or ksEditor, 3DSimEd, to "flange on" the code to that mesh. CSP have to know how to find the piece you want the exhaust from. :)

Liveries updated and added for the Testarossa.
I found some real LM 1958 liveries for another version of this car. With some changes I made them work on this AP version.
Since I had to change some race numbers too, here's a new link including all the skins (new previews, new livery icons).

https://mega.nz/#!HSwCnKgJ!w0TEjWUOnbrUq-mCbCeU0V85rBSsFe9dymRkWxrGEoM

View attachment 874143 View attachment 874144

Nice skins. I had a blast driving this round Deutschlandring last night and whilst it's a little floaty it's good fun to drive. To disable the ABS do I just do this in the electronics.ini??

[ABS]
SLIP_RATIO_LIMIT=0.12
CURVE=
PRESENT=0
ACTIVE=0
RATE_HZ=110

Nice skins. I had a blast driving this round Deutschlandring last night and whilst it's a little floaty it's good fun to drive. To disable the ABS do I just do this in the electronics.ini??

[ABS]
SLIP_RATIO_LIMIT=0.12
CURVE=
PRESENT=0
ACTIVE=0
RATE_HZ=110

Yes, either this to disable ABS permanently (and why wouldn't you), or disable it temporarily in the setup in game. But then you'll have to do it on each start.
Don't forget to repack to data.acd and delete the other data file.

Last edited:
Yes, either this to diable ABS permanently (and why wouldn't you), or disable it temporarily in the setup in game. But then you'll have to do it on each start.
Don't forget to repack to data.acd and delete the other data file.

Would rather it be disabled permanently because I'm quite sure that the 250 didn't have ABS when it was built.
First time I've used quickbms to rebuild a data.acd but easy enough to work out how to do lol.

First time I've used quickbms to rebuild a data.acd but easy enough to work out how to do lol.
You don´t need quickbms if you have CM. Just "unpack data" with ContentManager:
upload_2019-12-17_13-9-20.png

To enable "developer mode" just click the word "Version" several times, and it'll ask if you want developer mode:
upload_2019-12-17_13-13-43.png

Edit: And as you can see, just left from "unpack data" is "pack data". ;)

Last edited:
Is that one worth grabbing as I'm sure it's not on @Fanapryde 's list of good tracks to get from gilles lol.
It depends how much you want Lydden Hill, I guess.
I try to have one version of every British track and I think it's the only version for AC.
It's lacking in certain areas, shall we say.

It depends how much you want Lydden Hill, I guess.
I try to have one version of every British track and I think it's the only version for AC.
It's lacking in certain areas, shall we say.

Haha yeah his tracks are definitely lacking in a lot of areas but I will give it a go.

Liveries updated and added for the Testarossa.
I found some real LM 1958 liveries for another version of this car. With some changes I made them work on this AP version.
Since I had to change some race numbers too, here's a new link including all the skins (new previews, new livery icons).

https://mega.nz/#!HSwCnKgJ!w0TEjWUOnbrUq-mCbCeU0V85rBSsFe9dymRkWxrGEoM

View attachment 874143 View attachment 874144
Alas, this car did not race in 1958 :)
Good looking skins nonetheless :)

CORRECTION: Already found out they DID. But the winning 250TR had a different chassis and was called 250 TR 58. My mistake.

Last edited:
Alas, this car did not race in 1958 :)
But good looking skins nonetheless :)
It didn't ?
I found a site that says they did, several of them (at least they are on the entry list).

https://www.racingsportscars.com/entry/Le_Mans-1958-06-22.html

From another site: """""The 250 TR achieved many racing successes, with variations winning 10 World Sports Car Championship races including the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1958, 1960, and 1961"""""

Results from Le Mans 1958 https://www.racingsportscars.com/results/Le_Mans-1958-06-22.html

I can't confirm, wasn't there to watch because I was only 6 at that time... :D

Last edited:
Just had word from Fat Alfie that a new track is on it's way......Check his youtube for some previews
And please when he does release it, don't upload it to sharemods or anywhere else but use his RaceDepartment link.

Yep, can't wait for this. I've tested quite a few preview builds and it's going to be absolutely awesome. Even in the very early days when it was basically a ribbon in space it was more fun than most tracks out there. I stopped requesting new builds several months ago to maximise the impact of it when it lands in all its finished glory. The wait has been torture..!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back