Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,142 comments
Just found this https://www.acfligue.fr/produit/acfl_tcar2000/ anyone know if it's any good?

Yeah I would also like to know how well made ACFL mods are. I been itching to buy A110 GT4 mod for a long while, but I need to know how well optimized it is. (LODs, Low Res. Cockpit, etc) and if it's balance against Kuno's GT4 cars.

have any gt6 tracks been ported into ac? or just gt in general?

Assetto Corsa Fanboy has made/updated a good handful of GT tracks. I think they worth a look.

Have a happy new year! :gtplanet:

Also to add to the list by @Fanapryde there's Seattle Circuit, Grand Valley Speedway and Trial Mountain.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/seattle-circuit.27253/
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/grand-valley-speedway.20304/
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/trial-mountain.2348/

Can't vouch for quality of these as I don't think I've spent enough time on them to remember what they're like
There's also that Tokyo Route .XX (?) but it's so bad....
I do wish someone would convert the Rome city track.

Daily disk-space reminder: don't forget to scan CARS folder and delete all photoshop files (search criteria: *.psd), if messing with those files isn't your thing. You may save a couple Gigabytes.
You say that if i delete .psd files in assetto corsa the cars works fine? they arent neccessary??? -->28gb in 1715 files!!!

You say that if i delete .psd files in assetto corsa the cars works fine? they arent neccessary??? -->28gb in 1715 files!!!
Exactly, .psd file are to be used by Photoshop, they are totally unusable by the game. Assetto Corsa will work just the same and you will save 28gb of disk space.

Just found this track: Callejero Santa Fe (street circuit).

There is an issue with the starting line. It's not where it is supposed to be, but on another place of the track.
It should be next to the pitlane (where the DRS counter starts at zero).
Races now start on the other side of the track (around DRS 600)
Is there a way to change that (in other words: can somebody please fix that) :D

I found out while making the sections file for it.

@MeltFire : check your PM please.

There is an issue with the starting line. It's not where it is supposed to be, but on another place of the track.
It should be next to the pitlane (where the DRS counter starts at zero).
Races now start on the other side of the track (around DRS 600)
Is there a way to change that (in other words: can somebody please fix that) :D

I found out while making the sections file for it.

@MeltFire : check your PM please.

That's because the start procedure is in motion, where the mod is where the release is safety car starts, but the green is given in front of boxes

That's because the start procedure is in motion, where the mod is where the release is safety car starts, but the green is given in front of boxes

I see, but the problem is that the timing also starts on that spot, not in front of the boxes where the real start/finish is (and where the track counter starts).
And there are no rolling starts in AC...;)

Edit: this track is haunted...
After installing the new camera.ini and the sections file, the timing now starts at the correct spot !? :mischievous:
In a race, start is still where a rolling start is initiated, timing starts there too, but after one lap timing is registered in front of the boxes.

Last edited:
While that's an OK Rome Circuit, I happen to prefer this version. I don't know if it's just because it's the last one or if the visuals are better or the change in track surface. Really interesting to see the level of detail even on PS3, all the way down to the crowd cowering when you get too close to the edge and the driver checking the rear view in the replay. No clue how GTS turned into such a mess.

I've managed to remove almost every police equipment from the Crown Vic. Only the spotlights are left, which are actually not that bad.
It now looks like a fully retired CVPI for us to enjoy.

I've uploaded it here with my physics edit:
https://sharemods.com/1m9x8mxnf73n/ford_crown_victoria_p71.rar.html

Feel free to do whatever you want with it. All of the textures are included in the textures folder, in case you want to edit some of them.

Yet you still didn't given a permission for uploading or make edit with my ford crown victoria mod. meanwhile i dislike when my mods being uploaded to sharemods.com without any noticing or having permission, and i'm sorry i gotta have to ask to take it down. Meantime I'll try this physic of yours. if i like it, i might add it as update. if you want to.

While I approve for other link such as Mega, Google Drive, etc.

Thanks,

Brucektrain (Creator of the Ford Crown Victoria mod)

There's also that Tokyo Route .XX (?) but it's so bad....
I do wish someone would convert the Rome city track.
I think you meant Tokyo Route 246, but that is not a port from GT6. Its just some lazy attempt of recreating the track instead of porting it.

Apexxer, I assume this is Tony B's superkart? Did you take the physics on from me basically begging on the physics/discord? :D
Although the models done, important: This is from a National 250 SuperKart - Dimensions Length: 2108mm Wheelbase: 1099mm Width: 1100mm Weight: 212kg

Raced 250's a number of times, but most of my years in a 125cc 6 speed shifter kart.
Remember: theres isn't a lot of df on the front of the kart, most is rear/center (behind the CoP) and rear (depending on AoA). Up over a hundred+ mph, karts get slightly understeery.

Torque curve on a handful of mfgs
250fdynoweb-0.jpg

Throwing CFD/tunnel at you with AoA and CoP
You digest :D

CFD calc from tunnel (National 250 SuperKart) - drag 853N / downforce of 1160N at a speed of 55,4m/s or 199,44 km/h
----
Rear wing: main plane and endplates.

The downforce generated is 1430 N and a Drag of 225 N for an air speed of 68 m/s. L/D= 6.4
The 2nd version, is the RW with the beam wing.
The downforce generated is 1642 N and a Drag of 331N for an air speed of 68 m/s. L/D=5
-----------

Lets get this SuperKart done
btw: drove the latest one days ago, damn good realistic ffb (although its not that tight), straight line excellent (through the gears). Getting off throttle/coast/brake is when the red flags go up. Its like it crabs/binds up then snap over steers like the rear axle is on a pivot bearing. Or a rear broken toe link if thats better :D

Last edited:
ASTON MARTIN GT12 v2.0 fixed (new sound)
https://mega.nz/#!MNUFAQZC!jlzf3vdvTMRSVGMHOWWDXvtKAu0ABW3flGUFSjKpYnA
014b2944a61ce50bf683cffa853ca6ff.png

All fixes from V1.0 plus fixed suspension: new wishbones front and rear\ new steering ratio\new brakes\new skins some are bad\ new tire revision\new aero\new lights\
watched many reviews to get an idea how it drives, car tends to oversteer on stock tires, it makes little downforce in rear, most grip is mechanical
most the guys were sliding it around the track. Also i found laptimes of the car compared to other cars and its not as fast as i suspected, slower than a 488 ferrari. so this mod reflects that. it's a blast to drive.

Last edited:
While that's an OK Rome Circuit, I happen to prefer this version. I don't know if it's just because it's the last one or if the visuals are better or the change in track surface. Really interesting to see the level of detail even on PS3, all the way down to the crowd cowering when you get too close to the edge and the driver checking the rear view in the replay. No clue how GTS turned into such a mess.

@dragster666
This GT5 and/or G6 version is indeed the Rome I'd like to see in AC.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back