Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,092 comments
@delpinsky @Apexxer great work with the NSX GT3 updates - happy to confirm it now pulls away as expected and the slider polycarb looks great. Still got an issue with the audio level though:

Comparing to your own mods (or other mods) might be yielding similar levels, but those mods might be loud in the first place. I really like what you've done with the NSX audio but for me, on my Yamaha 5.1 kit, it's still orders of magnitude louder than Kunos GT3 cars, literally (no joke) painfully so. Especially the whistle. I'm not making this up, honestly..!
Kunos cars are probably a more sensible benchmark than other audio mods so please don't take offence but I used @GzeroD 's config tip and balanced the engine volume as best I could against the Kunos 488 GT3 and created a new config that lowers the cockpit engine volume by almost two thirds, down to 0.37 of the original volume. For me, on my system, this makes using it possible without having to adjust my amp levels just for this car, and makes the cockpit volume in the same ballpark as all the other GT3 cars in my collection.

Anyway, if anyone else is experiencing similar issues and wants to try it, here's the new config. It only changes the cockpit engine volume, all other levels remain unchanged. However, the other parameters are there to be adjusted in case anyone wants to (eg external engine noise, if this is now too overbearing when racing against other NSX GT3s).

Just place the new ext_config.ini in honda_nsx_gt3_acc/extension and overwrite when asked. To change back to the original levels simply edit [AUDIO_VOLUME] ENGINE_INT = 1.0 (or delete the whole [AUDIO_VOLUME] section)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hqz57ia6xudin9y/ext_config.ini/file

Anyway, hope that helps others with the same issue and again - no offence is intended by adjusting your mod. As I already said, I really like the audio, it was just the volume that was killing it for me.
:)

Same for me, the sound is a bit on the loud side. I have volume buttons on my keyboard so not a big deal but I must also admit, since @GzeroD posted how to adjust volume levels on a per car basis, I have done this to a few mods now. Works great!

@delpinsky @Apexxer great work with the NSX GT3 updates - happy to confirm it now pulls away as expected and the slider polycarb looks great. Still got an issue with the audio level though:

Comparing to your own mods (or other mods) might be yielding similar levels, but those mods might be loud in the first place. I really like what you've done with the NSX audio but for me, on my Yamaha 5.1 kit, it's still orders of magnitude louder than Kunos GT3 cars, literally (no joke) painfully so. Especially the whistle. I'm not making this up, honestly..!

Thanks for providing a file and information to adjust the sound levels (and I know others contributed to this). In your provided ext_config.ini file, this needs to be adjusted as well --> TRANSMISSION = 0.4 (it's set at 1.0). You might have overlooked this or forgot to change it for the uploaded file. This setting controls the level of "whine" or "whistle" of the transmission. You might even set it lower, but inside a real race car with this type of transmission, it's actually the most dominant sound of all. At 1.0 however, it makes your ears bleed (or you feel like they are).

On the subject of sound, where is the realistic squeal of the steel brake rotors as a result of hard braking, as heard on most race cars? I thought it could be implemented in AC.

I may also post another "shakedown" video for Delpinsky. There's still engine damage sometimes when downshifting to enter a turn.

Regardless, great progress on this mod.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tested Bethurst in ACC , AC Forza and AC acu versions. Most closest times to ACC is Forza convertion. ACU version is sooo bumpy
FM7 conversion is way too heavy on my system, I get only 56 fps alone on track, which makes it unusable for racing.
ACU version provides about the double fps count, so I'm sticking to that one.

hi everyone, I have a problem with the windows, would anyone know the solution ? Thanks !

Exterior view : no probleme
1581178119-capture-d-ecran-447.jpg

Interior view (steer on) : no smoke , no ligths , no flammes
1581178184-capture-d-ecran-448.jpg

Interior view (steer off) : no smoke , no ligths , no flammes AND no cars !!
1581178223-capture-d-ecran-449.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for providing a file and information to adjust the sound levels (and I know others contributed to this). In your provided ext_config.ini file, this needs to be adjusted as well --> TRANSMISSION = 0.4 (it's set at 1.0). You might have overlooked this or forgot to change it for the uploaded file. This setting controls the level of "whine" or "whistle" of the transmission. You might even set it lower, but inside a real race car with this type of transmission, it's actually the most dominant sound of all. At 1.0 however, it makes your ears bleed (or you feel like they are).
Are you sure about that? I tried isolating the transmission whine during testing by adjusting it down in steps, all the way to TRANSMISSION = 0.0 and the whine/whistle you can hear during lift-off didn't change. I came to the conclusion that it was linked to the ENGINE value as it did seem to decrease in line with overall engine volume.
Try reducing TRANSMISSION all the way to zero and you'll see what I mean - the whine is still there, and at the same volume as when at 1.0.
I even thought it might be the twin turbos spooling up and down but again, changing TURBO to zero made no difference.
The whine seems to be part of the engine sound and can't be isolated separately, but by reducing the engine volume I'm happy enough with how it now sounds. It's definitely quieter, its volume certainly decreased along with that of the engine.

Of course, it'd be better if the mod was altered at source by the original creator rather than fudged with a config, but it appears @DJDialga1 is happy with the current levels.

So my 1966 Shelby Mustang GT350R version 0.8 is up. The process of creating my first mod has given me tremendous respect and appreciation for those who create high level AC mods. The amount of work and attention to detail that goes into creating just a decent re-mod is amazing. Special thanks to all the members on this forum who generously answered my newbie questions. I have so much more to learn but I'm happy with where this freshman effort stands so far. I still hope to replace the dashboard textures (350 Rs did not come with woodgrain dashboards) and create a new license plate texture. I also included psd's for all the liveries for any true painters out there who want to improve on my rookie liveries or create new ones.
Enjoy!!

*I'm still experimenting with the final drive ratios and it's currently defaulting to the highest of the six options(can't figure out how to get it to default to a middle ratio). You'll have to select a lower final ratio for any high speed tracks.*

Change log v0.8:
Body model modified with front and rear bumper delete
Swapped wheels to period correct American Racing wheels with updated V10 Vintage slicks
interior chrome textures modified
modified handling physics with stiffer, race tuned springs, dampers and anti-roll bars
lowered ride height
decreased vehicle weight to 1250 kg
Tuned engine power/torque files to approximate 350 bhp and 450nM torque
sound SFX changed
final gearing modified
transmission gears ratios changed
increased fuel tank capacity to 129 liters
adjusted ride height
changed driver model
changed rpm limit to 7K
6 new historically faithful liveriesView attachment 888908 View attachment 888907

Just raced your Shelby at Kyalami and I had a ton of fun, well done, looks great, drives great.

@delpinsky @Apexxer

Anyway, hope that helps others with the same issue and again - no offence is intended by adjusting your mod. As I already said, I really like the audio, it was just the volume that was killing it for me.

Thanks for doing this. Sounds much better through the headphones now. As much as I'd like to say it sounds better through my 5.1 speakers - I can't cause it pisses off the neighbours too much when I use them :mad:

Are you sure about that? I tried isolating the transmission whine during testing by adjusting it down in steps, all the way to TRANSMISSION = 0.0 and the whine/whistle you can hear during lift-off didn't change. I came to the conclusion that it was linked to the ENGINE value as it did seem to decrease in line with overall engine volume.
Try reducing TRANSMISSION all the way to zero and you'll see what I mean - the whine is still there, and at the same volume as when at 1.0.
I even thought it might be the twin turbos spooling up and down but again, changing TURBO to zero made no difference.
The whine seems to be part of the engine sound and can't be isolated separately, but by reducing the engine volume I'm happy enough with how it now sounds. It's definitely quieter, its volume certainly decreased along with that of the engine.

Of course, it'd be better if the mod was altered at source by the original creator rather than fudged with a config, but it appears @DJDialga1 is happy with the current levels.
Bro, is this link work?

Hi, i need a bit of help for a modification of a mod.

The mod is a car. She has an airbrake that works when you hit the brake pedal. I wish to modify it so it works when i press a button. Like the horn button or DRS or whatever button.

Here is the command line in the aero.ini

[DYNAMIC_CONTROLLER_0]
WING=3
COMBINATOR=ADD
INPUT=BRAKE
LUT=AIR_BRAKE_CD.lut
FILTER=0.85
UP_LIMIT=60
DOWN_LIMIT=0

I tried to modify the INPUT= but it seems that this command is limited and wont work with buttons or key input.
Here is the list of those command i found:
DYNAMIC CONTROLLER INPUT LIST:
- AVG_TRAVEL_REAR
- BRAKE
- CONST
- GAS
- GEAR
- LATG
- LOAD_SPREAD_LF
- LOAD_SPREAD_RF
- LONG
- OVERSTEER_FACTOR
- REAR_SPEED_RATIO
- RPMS
- SLIPANGLE_FRONT_AVG
- SLIPANGLE_FRONT_MAX
- SLIPANGLE_REAR_AVG
- SLIPANGLE_REAR_MAX
- SLIPRATIO_AVG
- SLIPRATIO_MAX
- SPEED_KMH
- STEER
- STEER_DEG
- SUS_TRAVEL_LR
- SUS_TRAVEL_RR
- WHEEL_STEER_DEG

Any idea ? :)

bump o.o

Try a csp reinstall

hi everyone, I have a problem with the windows, would anyone know the solution ? Thanks !

Exterior view : no probleme
1581178119-capture-d-ecran-447.jpg

Interior view (steer on) : no smoke , no ligths , no flammes
1581178184-capture-d-ecran-448.jpg

Interior view (steer off) : no smoke , no ligths , no flammes AND no cars !!
1581178223-capture-d-ecran-449.jpg

I think you answered your own question then. But looking at the list you have there, it's labeled "dynamic input". Button presses aren't dynamic factors. Sorry I haven't a clue outside of that but I'm sure if someone knew the answer, they would chime in. If I were you, I'd look at cars that have active DRS with button presses like recent DTM cars. Your answer might be in there.

Any idea where to get a proper Bentley GT3-Mod? The one I dound is crashing the game when hitting a wall or such stuff.
Many thx in advance!

Indeed, that's the solution :cheers:. I was so focused on the final ratio file that I forgot to go back and adjust the drivetrain file again. Ironically, one of my data sources for the car lists 4.11 as the final drive which seems much too high for anything except perhaps drag racing. I'll keep testing with different ratios and probably add some new ones in the next update.
In the meantime I've already uploaded the change to the default final drive. Thanks again!!

Thank you!!

Screenshot_shelby_mustang_350r_mugello_8-2-120-20-53-13.jpg

Any idea where to get a proper Bentley GT3-Mod? The one I dound is crashing the game when hitting a wall or such stuff.
Many thx in advance!

Where did you get the mod from as it might help find you a working one

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back