Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,063 comments
Just to be clear, you are saying only keep one config.ini file, the file inside \assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded\
On CSP discord channel are more competent people to explain this better then me. At least the one with best knowledge about it is Ilja aka x4fab for sure. ;)
But also leBluem, AlleyViper, Blamer and many other ones are deeper in this materia then me.

Anyway, I can try explaining what I know so far. Please correct me if I´m wrong. :)

Unfortunately it´s a bit more complicated. There are at least 3 folders where track configs could be stored. :(
In increasing order:
  1. ..\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded\trackname.ini
  2. ..\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\trackname.ini
  3. ..\assettocorsa\content\tracks\trackname\extension\ext_config.ini
Iirc AlleyViper mentioned that these configs are "merged" together from CSP. Imagine these folders like different layers. 2 configs from the same track in different folders are "stitched" together and the uppermost level have more priority and can mismatch with settings from the deeper level. This was introduced after a certain CSP update, just don´t remember which one. Maybe it´s different nowadays?
Before it was imo just the config from the upper level folder that was used.

So long story short:
If you use that configs update feature AND you don´t have any handcrafted ones from discord, from here, self edited or even from some track builders ones, yapp.
BUT to be safe I would recommend to make a backup before from whole ..\config\tracks\ folder. So afterwards missing ones can easily be restored. ;)
Many configs aren´t on github shaders extension repository. You´ve been warned. :)

I have this mod, but I do not know what is CM BOP. If necessary, I can give you mod files.

I wrote RSS GTN but I meant RSS GT (6 cars), sorry
CM BoP stands for Content Manager Balance of Performance, like the one @portakal made for the GT3s

I've got the mod but I'm looking for a good bop.
someone?

I know we have a lot of knowledge on board so maybe you can guide me in the right direction?

On some tracks (I tried new skin SPA, Feldberg and Goodwood) I see flickering shadow/light as shown in the example video. I did some trial & error by switching between different CSP 1.42,1.44,1.46 versions without any change. Also enabled/disabled different tabs in CSP like: fake shadows, smart shadows, extra fx

Probably again just a simple 'tick in the box' button but there are so many of them with all the great new features it feels like seaching for life in the universe ;)

Have you tried increasing the shadow resolution in CM / settings / assettocorsa / video? I had that problem and it improved by increasing that resolution

No that is GT3 car (completly different car)
I would like to try the electric roof car i quoted :)

Why don't you have access to discord? It is free and accessible to all.

Guy's the team behind those great mod have specifically ask that no other link should be shared outside of their channel, as we all appreciate their amazing work, those 2 McLaren are really great, we should try to comply to their demand.

4gb for 720s gt3, otherwise looks top quality conversion

They have many (too many?) skins in the skin folder, hence the size, maybe you can try not keeping them all to reduce the size of the download, if you are concerned.

@slider666 thank you for the reply, but I am afraid to be even more confused now than before, maybe someone else as you mentioned in your post can shed some light on this muddy subject.

Last edited:
No that is GT3 car (completly different car)
I would like to try the electric roof car i quoted :)

Here you go...(From their Discord)

https://sharemods.com/w42ibyoxr7hq/Mclaren_720S_Spider_v1.0.7z.html

Make sure you grab the skins from here as well https://mega.nz/#!SotUDSAD!i1XSnRquiGoI4KXFS3rvqm4zh6NveisbWkqV-XO3B7Y

Honestly you're missing out by not using Discord. As much as I don't really like it as there's way too much going on for my slow brain, it's a great place to get updates on new mods and other stuff...and it's also a place that seems to attract a load of toxic idiots ranting and cussing about stuff but of course you can happily ignore that ;)

light exrta 5....change first line to: BIND_TO_HEADLIGHTS=1
damn, 4gb for 720s gt3, otherwise looks top quality conversion :bowdown:

I was pretty sure it was one of those Light_Extra items but wasn't at my pc for a while to test out which one was for the LEDs. Thanks for pointing out which one it is :cheers:

Guy's the team behind those great mod have specifically ask that no other link should be shared outside of their channel, as we all appreciate their amazing work, those 2 McLaren are really great, we should try to comply to their demand.

I always share the link from their discord channel and never my own link as it's just not fair to the creators. And I always try to get people to head their way and join the Discord as why the hell wouldn't you lol.

Only time you'll get a new link from me is if it's for one of my skins :D

They have many (too many?) skins in the skin folder, hence the size, maybe you can try not keeping them all to reduce the size of the download, if you are concerned.

Agree, I'm not sure but I think some of the skins also come from ACC, is that right??

damn, 4gb for 720s gt3, otherwise looks top quality conversion :bowdown:

A lot of the DDS files in the skins folder are uncompressed. A couple of us were talking about this the other day, it works better that way for CM's compression feature. The car only (only? lol) takes up just over 400MB when compressed with CM, a massive space saving!

This definitely works? Can't test it until tomorrow.
I was getting told in the discord that I need to change my pp filter to one with an lua. No idea why the option in Lighting FX doesn't turn it off. Give people the choice *shrugs*.
Apparently physics updates and LoDs are incoming soon too. Physics were tested with a keyboard as the proper rig wasn't available. Some people are saying it's slower than GT4 cars on some tracks and it spins too easily on kerbs. Felt pretty good to me, but I wasn't really analysing things.

A lot of the DDS files in the skins folder are uncompressed. A couple of us were talking about this the other day, it works better that way for CM's compression feature. The car only (only? lol) takes up just over 400MB when compressed with CM, a massive space saving!
I still haven't got round to doing the CM compression thing lol...kinda got carried away making skins over the last couple of days but I might get round to it this weekend :confused:

This definitely works? Can't test it until tomorrow.
I was getting told in the discord that I need to change my pp filter to one with an lua. No idea why the option in Lighting FX doesn't turn it off. Give people the choice *shrugs*.
Apparently physics updates and LoDs are incoming soon too. Physics were tested with a keyboard as the proper rig wasn't available. Some people are saying it's slower than GT4 cars on some tracks and it spins too easily on kerbs. Felt pretty good to me, but I wasn't really analysing things.
It works if you would like the blue led to turn on when you turn on the headlights.

If Light_Extra_5 is the LEDs - maybe just delete the whole section. I'm still learning how these configs work but I presume this would do it. I'll try it out later though
Or change the colour to 0,0,0 maybe.
No idea why we aren't just allowed to turn it off if we want to with Lighting FX. Seems daft to force something like this on users. A lot of people don't like coloured cockpit LEDs.

Or change the colour to 0,0,0 maybe.
No idea why we aren't just allowed to turn it off if we want to with Lighting FX. Seems daft to force this on users.

Yep I agree - seems like a proper mission to change things we don't like or want in a mod.

Have you tried increasing the shadow resolution in CM / settings / assettocorsa / video? I had that problem and it improved by increasing that resolution
Thanks for your suggestion. Appreciated! I had it already on 2048x2048 and now selected the highest available 4096x4096 value.
I think it was already solved with the suggestion of Slider666 to delete the double trackname.ini files as described over the last posts.

@slider666 thank you for the reply, but I am afraid to be even more confused now than before, maybe someone else as you mentioned in your post can shed some light on this muddy subject.

Discord not allowed by some ISP here and frustration set in for many users, I have work contract and can’t chose isp as employer pay monthly fee.

I don’t ask for new link, only they official link from his discord as I don't get easy access.

Other link for GT3 was share with no issue, maybe you see world that just because problem don’t affect you, rest of world must be same. Ignorance / cynical I don’t know? Maybe just chill and help next time, no need for angry emotions :)

Here you go...(From their Discord)

https://sharemods.com/w42ibyoxr7hq/Mclaren_720S_Spider_v1.0.7z.html

Make sure you grab the skins from here as well https://mega.nz/#!SotUDSAD!i1XSnRquiGoI4KXFS3rvqm4zh6NveisbWkqV-XO3B7Y

Honestly you're missing out by not using Discord. As much as I don't really like it as there's way too much going on for my slow brain, it's a great place to get updates on new mods and other stuff...and it's also a place that seems to attract a load of toxic idiots ranting and cussing about stuff but of course you can happily ignore that ;)

Thank you MrBoo.
I reply in thread and reddit and post video on my YouTube of this car to show appreciate to teams hard work.

Good work to team and thank you MrBoo for helping.

Discord not allowed by some ISP here and frustration set in for many users, I have work contract and can’t chose isp as employer pay monthly fee.

I don’t ask for new link, only they official link from his discord as I don't get easy access.

Other link for GT3 was share with no issue, maybe you see world that just because problem don’t affect you, rest of world must be same. Ignorance / cynical I don’t know? Maybe just chill and help next time, no need for angry emotions :)

Thank you MrBoo.
I reply in thread and reddit and post video on my YouTube of this car to show appreciate to teams hard work.

Good work to team and thank you MrBoo for helping.

No problem, but yeah as @Cote Dazur said - no need for the attitude towards him...he wasn't implying anything or attacking you with his comment.

59 Racing Bathurst Skinpack
__custom_showroom_1582315113.png

https://www.racedepartment.com/down...n-720s-gt3-bathurst-12hr-2020-skinpack.31093/

here are the Big Boys Ladies and Gentlemen, comes with crew and racesuit.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back