Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,789 comments
you do not need to live in those countries, just pick any country and download it, nothing stopping you.. unless you are using a "non steam copy", I guess thats another matter altogether.

Grabbed a clip around a little hill in australia. It goes ok, my ****** driving skills aside..

Last edited:
There is nothing illegal about it, it is a free DLC, but to register to the competition you have to be a resident of one of the country in the list. Not from a country in the list only means you cannot compete, not that you cannot enjoy the car in you game.
As a Canadian, I am also looking for a link to that car.:)

I am not in those countries as well. On the registration put Spain as my country and got a code after an email confirmation. Not sure if people will share so I registered.

Thanks for the AI update @KevinK2 Havent used this track for quite a while - Did a few races on VRC Alabame-Barber Motorsports with new AI and discovered that my SURFACES file was missing the KEY=ROAD friction parameter. Below is what I added. Was wondering why the track was so slippery. I dont know what the default is if you are missing a KEY friction - is it like ..80?

Added at end of my surfaces file - if you have this paid track - check to see if you have this

[SURFACE_7] --- check to make sure the numbering is correct in your Surfaces file
KEY=ROAD
FRICTION=0.97
DAMPING=0
WAV=
WAV_PITCH=0
FF_EFFECT=NULL
DIRT_ADDITIVE=0
IS_VALID_TRACK=1
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
SIN_HEIGHT=0
SIN_LENGTH=0
IS_PITLANE=0
VIBRATION_GAIN=0
VIBRATION_LENGTH=0

Some of you may have these below: My track was the orig track from VRC
NOTE: Only tried the billboards so far and only installed the skins not the other stuff.

Billboards - gets rid of VRC signs
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/barber-motorsports-park-2019-2020.25585/

Red White Kerbs
https://www.racedepartment.com/down...or-vrc-barber-alabama-motorsports-park.31611/

Cameras to try - save your old ones in case
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/vrc-alabama-tv-cameras.26264/

My version has a config file with some lights, but no Grass FX yet - if someone would like to add that to the config file.

Okay. Where is the surfaces file supposed to reside? I don't see anything in the file that looks similar.

dms
Can anyone lead the way to the ACC Porsche 991 GT3R maybe? Cannot find it on the earlier discord link...
"911 IS TAKEN DOWN FOR UPDATES; I DONT KNOW WHEN I WILL BE MOTIVATED ENOUGH TO FINISH IT"

but he'd posted some screenshots of a 1.00 version, also check #announcements channel ffs

Moding question,
I have a problem with the car, some objectors look chopped or incomplete in ks editor, in 3ds max they look fine,
with some models this happens to me...
Sin título.jpg
Sin título2.jpg

modding question, but, backend modding of game export. may not be for this thread, and if anyone knows of a better place please send me info.

I want to build a dedicated serial screen dash like i did for this project on one of my motorcycles, i will 3dprint a housing for it to sit in my rig, so does anyone know where i can find the protocols of the shared memory and or the network share info coming out of AC as it occurs to me if velocity and gforce are coming out, its not a big jump to driving some servos with it as well..

(skip in to about 30sec or so)

I have a weird problem after the 1.16.4. Lanzo V12 default setup is showing as to low when I want to race. Have to raise the car two clicks in the front and back, to meet the minimum requirement. It never did that before. Does anybody know why this happening and even more importantly how to fix it? I know I can edit the setup, to raise the car, but I don't want to do that. It handles much better when it's lower. Thanks.

I have a weird problem after the 1.16.4. Lanzo V12 default setup is showing as to low when I want to race. Have to raise the car two clicks in the front and back, to meet the minimum requirement. It never did that before. Does anybody know why this happening and even more importantly how to fix it? I know I can edit the setup, to raise the car, but I don't want to do that. It handles much better when it's lower. Thanks.

Check the Tyre blanket thing

:
Sans titre.png

Okay. Where is the surfaces file supposed to reside? I don't see anything in the file that looks similar.

Open up the Track folder - then open up the Data folder - in there you should/will see a SURFACES file

Open that up and copy/paste my text at the end of the rest of the text that is in the files. Make sure
that SURFACE_7 is the next number in sequence with the others that are in the file.

If you dont understand this, look at other tracks and their folders.

modding question, but, backend modding of game export. may not be for this thread, and if anyone knows of a better place please send me info.

I want to build a dedicated serial screen dash like i did for this project on one of my motorcycles, i will 3dprint a housing for it to sit in my rig, so does anyone know where i can find the protocols of the shared memory and or the network share info coming out of AC as it occurs to me if velocity and gforce are coming out, its not a big jump to driving some servos with it as well..

(skip in to about 30sec or so)

Some links I had stashed...
UDP sockets: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KfkZiIluXZ6mMhLWfDX1qAGbvhGRC3ZUzjVIt5FQpp4/pub
shared memory: https://assettocorsamods.net/threads/doc-shared-memory-reference.58/
and: https://github.com/hamakobe/Kabal/raw/master/ACSharedMemoryDocumentation.pdf
servos? SFX100 motion: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/the-simfeedback-ac-diy-motion-simulator-thread.159524/

I played with the shared memory briefly looking at lap timings, might be able to help in that area if needed :)

awesome thank you! the screen is serial, so im guessing shared mem to serial comm is easiest way, heaps of code in c# for it from other projects, I have built wireless stuff before, but, !PITA!, and have built a LOT ofcnc machines over the years, so I am pretty interested in seeing if i can cook up a servo/actuator motion build from the sharem info.

I did cook up a pretty quick and dirty shared mem app some time back, but, it was using a rather cripled github library, there is a LOT more info in the links you shared than was exposed by that dll, it is very rudimentary. Many thanks again!
1590365256543.png

Last edited:
awesome thank you! the screen is serial, so im guessing shared mem to serial comm is easiest way, heaps of code in c# for it from other projects, I have built wireless stuff before, but, !PITA!, and have built a LOT ofcnc machines over the years, so I am pretty interested in seeing if i can cook up a servo/actuator motion build from the sharem info.

I did cook up a pretty quick and dirty shared mem app some time back, but, it was using a rather cripled github library, there is a LOT more info in the links you shared than was exposed by that dll, it is very rudimentary. Many thanks again!
View attachment 947566

You're welcome! Shared memory is a doddle to get up and running even doing it 'raw' in C# or C++. For wifi I'd just go with a pi zero w these days - full linux, has the GPIO pins for serial output - total overkill, but only £10 so why not :lol: (In my case, why not is that my wifi is a different network to my wired stuff including my gaming PC, would have to proxy/tunnel it somehow which is extra hassle).

Quick question. Is the ksPerPixelMultimap_emissive shader included in CSP? I downloaded it from race department a long time ago and I use it in most of the mod tracks I work on, and I distribute it with them too, but if it's included in CSP I don't need to include it with my track. Does anyone have any insight into that?

edit: it appears as if it's part of CSP and I don't need to include the shader with my downloads anymore as long as I mark it as CSP required. And all I use it for is making textures light up so you'd need CSP anyway.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back