Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,770 comments
Hi, can you tell me, if there is a way to get the wipers to interact with the rain? Because on some cars it does wipe the drops away and on others it doesn't. I guess it has something to do with the .ini files of the cars. You can also include the physics via the .ini data, as far as I know. I've seen a video on YT.
Greetings

Here we go... a plea for help and LMP900 sneak peek

As I used to do full conversions with Simbin, I cannot with AC. I tried to convert a GTR2/rF model to AC, with some success... not.
can view in CM Showroom
cannot view in normal show room.
cannot drive (obviously)

So... I am looking for someone to HELP convert, I can do the initial rips to .kn5 single or object, or FBX.
I can delete basic materials/objects etc
I can rename basic shaders, materials,objects
I can finish a car with skins/teams and physics

I cannot get the car in-game
I cannot do cockpits/lights/instruments and the shader details
(I do not wish to learn these tasks and is why I am asking for help)

included: rFactor/GTR2 model - Courage C65 in this link and BONUS

BONUS:
Dome 101 (not my car, but from the same set because my skins from GTR2 work with the AC car)
Working GTR2 import to AC (for material names and demo try physic etc)
This car is a sneak peek for an upcoming LMP900 pack and is fully engine/mass BoP/spec for Judd v10

Hi guys
Someone know how can I make juste one part of a skin shinny ?
upload_2020-8-20_14-56-20.png

upload_2020-8-20_14-56-47.png

thanks

Shadows are strong in this one :D

It doesn't feel bad, but it's too loose in the rear.
I changed the shifter to sequential.
And I have no readout in the display ?
Tires stay cold, lowering pressure (just a quick try) didn't seem to help.

I've managed to get the caster to lift the chassis whilst turning, something that the AC engine simply doesn't seem to do, and why no Kart before this has really worked.
I've found the oversteer to come from turning too much, you end up jacking the inside wheel completely off the deck and lose half your rear grip. Get the corner speed right and you won't need to turn as much and you'll avoid the oversteer.

In AC pressure is an order of magnitude more important then temperature, so it is best to aim to get the pressures right over temperature.
But I also have three version of Karts to use this physics hack so adjusting those things can be done.*

Use the better Kart tracks, surface and graphics wise and keep at it and you will find yourself with one of my patented stupid grins on your face.

*Rotax Max 125cc Single speed, 125cc Shifter, and 250cc Superkart.

The ReWolf Honda Prelude recently added to Assettoland is an improvement over the Wack original (LODs, lights, shaders etc), except the mirrors are totally borked.
I tried copying the mirror config over from the Wack car but that didn't work. Any ideas? Any kind soul able to fix them please?
I'm currently looking for a suitable shifting animation too.
https://mega.nz/file/2AkRTb5R#Q65J-_NI_l4ucL4Y_pOuj-p96RTDyxTOa_-7E-GMlUM

Last edited:
Hi manu, obviously last thing I tried was the CM sound change. however even that, did not work.

For me "replace sound" with content manager always work, maybe your original car have sound problem, have you tried with the sound from an other car? does someone have the same problem (no sound with my Z4 GT3)?

Shadows are strong in this one :D

View attachment 950721

It doesn't feel bad, but it's too loose in the rear.
I changed the shifter to sequential.
And I have no readout in the display ?
Tires stay cold, lowering pressure (just a quick try) didn't seem to help.

Yeah I tried this Shifter car from Legion, and the Kart in the corners is too tight in the front and too loose in the back. Every time
I turned the Kart in the corners, the back end would snap around. Uncontrollable Kart for me. Other than the Garage setups
which the few things I modified did nothing. I dont know anything about modifying the actual Car mod files to make it handle any
better.

So I deleted the Kart from my list.

The ReWolf Honda Prelude recently added to Assettoland is an improvement over the Wack original (LODs, lights, shaders etc), except the mirrors are totally borked.
I tried copying the mirror config over from the Wack car but that didn't work. Any ideas? Any kind soul able to fix them please?

I have good version this prelude ,I'll send you when I'm home tonight.

@dathyr

Tight on the way in will be toe or brake balance. You have to turn enough to jack the rear inside wheel up but not so much that you remove any overall grip from the rear.
Slow down get the corner speeds correct and a bunch of 'feel goods' will come your way.
And look wayyyyyy down the road, I have never used my side monitors as much as when using these Karts.(so much so that it may turn out single screen users will be at a disadvantage)

I really should delete any F1 cars after, say, 2000. The old analogue cars can be fun to drive but the new ones just leave me cold, however excellent the mods are.
It's tough and very time consuming going through a big car collection, trying to sort the wheat from the chaff, but I have found some gems that I'd never even driven before. Almost deleted a 325i Touring mod sight unseen yesterday but loaded it up to give it a chance and ended up racing a pack of them around Spa for twenty laps. It turned out to be quite a rewarding car to drive and is definitely a keeper.
Being exclusively a VR racer, cars usually need to have good cockpits to avoid the bin but even then there are some cars (like the Race 07 conversions of the Alfa 156 and 159) that are low poly and low res but are just good solid cars to drive. With them it's more about how they feel than how they look. And hexagonal headlights are good for large grids... ;)
What's bloody annoying is the number of cars that are just minor variations to other mods... exactly the same cars but with very tiny power differences, for example. Trying to keep the 'best' from a bunch of almost-identical models needs almost gynacological forensic investigation.
What I'm not doing any more is keeping utter crap purely as grid fillers. These cars often have such bad paint shaders that even seeing one in a race can be horribly jarring. If it's not good to actually drive it goes straight in the trash.
Alfa 159???? where? I need it!!!!

About headlights sorry but I'm not the mod author. I can explain what Ao is:
Ao stands for Ambient Occlusion and it's basically a texture with pre baked shadows that should be put as txDetail on any object in ac because ac engine is old and can't make ambient occlusion in real time for cars, it's basically a workaround to make cars look more realistic. If a model is mapped you can even generate the Ao texture with content manager showroom or you can make it with blender and 3dsmax, that's why mapping models is important, both in the exterior and in the interior. This is a visual example to show the difference Ao can make:
No AO:
pGwobWR.jpg

AO:
IaI2vWc.png

When baking AO it is good practice to use a custom 3D model (KN5 file if you bake in CM) where you remove all transparent and unwanted objects from the model to avoid false shadowing (like the excessive effect under the headlight covers).
If you bake in CM I find it super fast to simply:

- unhide all model objects in Blender
- hide specific objects you want to not interfere with AO baking (like transparent objects as window glass, headlight covers and even problematic objects that cause nasty effects such as often some auxiliary objects such as certain exhaust objects etc)
- export FBX from Blender (make sure not to export hidden objects)
- import FBX into KSeditor
- export to KN5
- bake AO in CM

I like to work clean so these additional steps should be done but can be circumvented if you are in a hurry:

- place exported AO in proper texture slot in KSeditor and keep the files in your main texture project folder

If in a hurry you can simply replace it within CM (I found this feature in CM to be often buggy though, so double check and always safe any edits in CM before replacing textures - CM likes to crash often doing texture replacements)

May I ask where one could find this lovely Maserati 300S (or is it a 450S even ?) ?

I would sooooo love to get my hands on this one ;-)

I don't mind if it is unfinished (prefer as un-modded as possible anyway).
It does look pretty clean too.

With the light patch new rain, how do we get the wipers to clear the water from the windshield?

If on certain cars wipers are not properly recognized (and don't wipe off rain drops) you have to use this additional CSP function in the car config to point CSP to the correct wiper object:

code:

[WIPERS]
FRONT_0=object_name_of_rubber_wiper_blade_1
FRONT_1=object_name_of_rubber_wiper_blade_2

Here is a great page you find ALL relevant CSP functions and coding you ever want to learn about.
If you have a CSP config related issue, simply search for the relevant term and find everything about it - or take the time to read through the very nicely written library relating all topics:

https://github.com/ac-custom-shaders-patch/acc-extension-config/search?q=wiper&type=

So if I have to organize a race between drivers I have to have balanced cars between them not that one goes stronger than the others, if it would not become a mono-brand race as everyone would choose the fastest, snubbed the others, don’t you think? if I make a pack of cars I must have all the same bop to stay in a range of time not to create disparity in an online race

I am hosting online races with mods and I am absolutely allergic against BoP.
I am allergic against it so much so that when I am getting on a plane I demand the flight attendants to not let anyone open a bag of boP on the plane, ever!

BoP (with vintage cars) usually sorts itself out while I am also nudging people a little bit in the right direction:
- strictly limit number of cars available (particularly of the dominant ones) - I often allow only for 1 or 2 slots of the fastest cars
- lottery of those fastest cars with slowest people in the grid having a wildcard on those cars if they prefer (that wildcard moves up the grid as people do not choose the car - if the fastest guy gets the car in the end then so be it).
- pair cars and track selection to even the field

In the races I have hosted we had an extremely diverse grid thus far and I never had to tweak anything but be creative with the event setup itself to make the races interesting.

Hi, can you tell me, if there is a way to get the wipers to interact with the rain? Because on some cars it does wipe the drops away and on others it doesn't. I guess it has something to do with the .ini files of the cars. You can also include the physics via the .ini data, as far as I know. I've seen a video on YT.
Greetings

See post above for a fix for non-wiping wipers.

Pagani Zonda F V2.5 converted from Real Racing 3

Another update phew this should be the last one
-Resized the rear wheels INGAME too figured out a way.
-The interior Carbon has a 3D effect to it the previous carbon felt too glossy IMO
-Fixed the AO no more BS now the outside is paintable in cm too including the interior
alcantara piece which has gotten a working AO and is paintable too!
A big thanks to _fixed_a_bit_ for the help for the AO i finally understood how an AO works thanks to him!
This screenshot is a new Favorite for me. And it gives me some solid NFS 3 HP intro flashbacks...
2020.08.20-15.45.png

Last edited:
@dathyr

Tight on the way in will be toe or brake balance. You have to turn enough to jack the rear inside wheel up but not so much that you remove any overall grip from the rear.
Slow down get the corner speeds correct and a bunch of 'feel goods' will come your way.
And look wayyyyyy down the road, I have never used my side monitors as much as when using these Karts.(so much so that it may turn out single screen users will be at a disadvantage)
I think it is just AC physics that can’t handle karts and it may be better to forget about them all the way (as long as you want relatively correct feel compared to RL).
None of the available karts in AC feel right.
I have raced 125 shifters for three years and never had mine react the way these do.

There’s certainly some fun in driving them, but physics are to far from reality, just my 2cts.

@dathyr

Thanks @GzeroD and @Fanapryde I use VR and I do look far ahead on what corners are coming up. I am going to try something to see if it makes Karts work better. Has nothing to do with the Kart, but the track Frictions iteelf.

QUESTION for you or anyone, Changing garage setup parameters for this Kart or any car mode, How do I know the settings get changed in the Content Manager?

Seems I change some settings in the Garage menu, I then go out and test the car, I come back into the Garage menu and they dont have my previous settings I did. How do I know my changed car-Garage settings I did are set for the car when I go out to the track to drive? There doesnt seem to be a SAVE for the garage settings in Content Manager?

Hi guys
Someone know how can I make juste one part of a skin shinny ?
View attachment 950741
View attachment 950742

thanks

You simply can't. The effect you see in the pic you provide is made by the light on the metal color used (like the one used by McLaren in 2007). In your skin you use the white one.

You certainly can make a certain part of the paint shiny, it is to do with the map file and the colours used in there. You obviously need a good map. I can't explain it any better than what Val_N came up with when testing over here so take a look at this:

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...nly-change-color-spoiler.573/page-2#post-6478

It think you can also mix this with alpha channel of txDiffuse as shades of grey to black to achieve different results too if I am remembering correctly but not so sure.

I think it is just AC physics that can’t handle karts and it may be better to forget about them all the way (as long as you want relatively correct feel compared to RL).
None of the available karts in AC feel right.
I have raced 125 shifters for three years and never had mine react the way these do.

There’s certainly some fun in driving them, but physics are to far from reality, just my 2cts.

Have you tried to make a straight axle without susp?

For me "replace sound" with content manager always work, maybe your original car have sound problem, have you tried with the sound from an other car? does someone have the same problem (no sound with my Z4 GT3)?

You were right.
Don't know how I lost Kunos car sound. 💡 But was that.
Got a new sounf for original Z4 and all is good now.
As it was a Kunos car, I didn't imagine it had lost the original sound. Lol.

Cheers

I have good version this prelude ,I'll send you when I'm home tonight.
Thanks - is your based on this ReWolf update?
Reason I ask is, these ReWolf cars all seem to be improvements on the cars they overwrite, adding LODs, wipers, shader updates etc etc... it's just that the Prelude had broken mirrors.

There is an updated 1.1.0 version on Discord (https://discord.com/channels/710647435889868912/736717033198059672/743112333664190546), but the changelog (https://bit.ly/321vhZs) has no mirror fix.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back