Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,745 comments
Since the VW Corrado is a cult car for me and many more people, I've improved this and that. Early version WiP because a lot of work still needs to be done.

View media item 67085
-Changed track width
-Changed suspension settings
-Changed engine sound
-Changed tyres size
-Changed brakes settings
-Changed tyres settings
-Changed gearshifts time
-Changed engine rpm's
-Revised tyre shaders
-Revised car shaders,added AO in body
-Add more light in dashboard
-Repaired mirrors
-Repaired FuelTank position
-Repaired Collider
-Changed 3d tyres
-Large rear spoiler removed
-and many more........
It would be nice if someone prepared him for the rain :cheers::gtpflag:

vw_corrado_vr6.rar - 36.1 MB

Awesome! Always loved the Corrado. Unfortunately the link says "no file"... :(

It is very important to do a clean install of the GT4 pack. That means, delete all GT4 cars before from your Assetto Corsa cars folder or do a "clean install" with Content Manager. Then CM delete the files before installing the new ones.
We tested every car before release several times with no problems.
I always do a clean install but am still getting this weird black screen with these cars. My PC is only a few days old from a clean wipe and new Windows 10 Pro installation. I'll try installing the C++ redistributables pack (had them on the old PC but not this new one) and see how I get on, but it's weird that they work fine when hot lapping but not in spec races. That suggests an issue with the cars, not the hardware or installation. But I might be wrong.
Across thousands of mods this issue seems unique to these GT4s.

this might sound a stupid question but yolo:
has the Group 5 variant of the 3.0 CSL been modded yet?
(after doing some research the Group 5 CSL was infact a 3.5 not 3.0)
BMW-3.0-CSL-Group-5-64818.jpg

I always do a clean install but am still getting this weird black screen with these cars. My PC is only a few days old from a clean wipe and new Windows 10 Pro installation. I'll try installing the C++ redistributables pack (had them on the old PC but not this new one) and see how I get on, but it's weird that they work fine when hot lapping but not in spec races. That suggests an issue with the cars, not the hardware or installation. But I might be wrong.
I just tried the Saleen and that one seems to work fine, if that helps your investigation.
(the windscreen banner reflects the road in the cockpit, btw... ;) )

Thx. We will check this again. Don't know why some got this problems with the cars.

Thx. We will check this again. Don't know why some got this problems with the cars.
I haven't tested all cars yet but the McLaren and the Xbow seem fine too (the McLaren has the reflective windscreen banner as well). Only the Cayman has given me the problem so far.
The Xbow cockpit seems extremely dark, almost in silhouette. All the detail is crushed. Compare that to the nicely-lit McLaren cockpit and it's literally night and day.

Edit: The R8 crashes to black screen too, but did appear briefly for a split second.
I think I'll park this pack until a solution is hopefully found.

Last edited:
I took a road course equipped 2020 Indycar down that big hill and the downforce kept the car down, it was great. The banked corners tried to shred the car of course, because that's how it was there in real life too (bumpy on the banked corners).
Hi, please take this as just as idea, and not a criticism, as this track is absolutely fantastic, and everyone loves it, me included. The big hump on the main straight clearly brings out a weakness in the Assetto Corsa engine, as it seems to handle extreme jumps in the way the first Gran Turismo used to - wheelies.

Since this is something that breaks the immersion if you are driving anything that can crest the hump at over 250kmh without open wheel downforce (even the 2.7T Phantom got air there :D), would it be an idea to have a second version where the first big hump is slightly reprofiled so it has the same drop but is a bit smoother and more gradual, so the majority of cars jump, but don't wheelie. So like how many tracks have a chicane / no chicane version, this has an 'assetto corsa' version to go with the original.

Again, just an idea, not a criticism. The fault lies with AC, not the track

Last edited:
Why is the 'disable' function so broken in CM ? Hit it accidentally and about 10 cars just got disabled, and of course there's no stopping it. Wish we could bin that feature
Best work around I have found is after you disable a car (or track), right click any program in your taskbar at the bottom of your screen. It will unselect the disable button on CM after a moment so you dont continue disabling your content.

...this thread though.. dang.. choices time..
View attachment 951143

In case you don't know about this in Content Manager...

Content > Tools > Compress Files

The default/recommended LZX compression reduces your AC files to 30% or less -- not exaggerating. It's reliable, and on newer PCs, it actually decreases load times a slight amount. Every time you add more mods, run this again and it only finds and compresses the new files.

nrbi2vidjz251.png

From FB (Lucas Macedo)

118252264_3218810421541661_1296297852550224386_o.jpg

1963~ Volkswagen Type 2
Specs: Aircooled 1600 (double carb and modified camshaft)
BHP: 100
NM : 147
Encryption (None)
CSP latest version is required.!! This will include Extra lighting features, rain effects and some small details
Credits:
3D Shell: Forza Horizon 2
3D Work: Lucas Macedo
Physics: Smallblockhero
Sounds : Kunos
!!! IF SHARED PLEASE USE LINKS PROVIDED AND ALL CREDITS !!!
Any issues found please report directly to name's mentioned above.
Thanks For Checking It Out & Enjoy...
Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/3k6xhzkiapooegq/lm_kombit2.rar/file

Thanks, that helped a lot!
If it isnt asked too much, could you also tell me, how to get tracks to adapt to the new rainfx? On some tracks it works, and on some it doesn't.

@gutbomb & @dathyr

Hi ! :)

I wanna thank you very much for your last track "Meadowdale Raceways", It's an absolute great work which I enjoy a lot !
Even if I was a "Nascar Racing 2003" and "rFactor" player, I wasn't aware about it.

I just tested a couple of laps with the Bac Mono (always the car I appreciate to use when I want to learn a track) and here's to you some pictures.
For the moment, It exists only one camera file but It's fine here.

There is a "Mark Webber" moment, not sure I will use his Mercedes on this track..!

Thanks a lot again ! :bowdown: :cool:

Cheers. :cheers:

Last edited:
Why is the 'disable' function so broken in CM ? Hit it accidentally and about 10 cars just got disabled, and of course there's no stopping it. Wish we could bin that feature

PD, I had this problem on an older version of CM. In fact, it would happen when disabling tracks, cars, championships, etc. Which version are you using? I'm using the 1.6x's and the issue seems to be fixed in these versions.

"compression" for CM only works on Win10,
this is an OS feature built-in to Win10, infact you can compress your whole system.

https://github.com/ImminentFate/CompactGUI
https://github.com/Freaky/Compactor

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/win10-compact-gui-compression.3153197/
https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/compact-gui-resize-your-games-programs-by-60-or-more.417370/

Note* Once Compact GUI is done with the game you pick, go to the folder in Windows where the game is at, highlight the very same folder of the game you use in Compact GUI, then hold shift while pressing right mouse a menu going to show open Powershell.

Once Powershell is open enter compact /c /s & wait until it's done. after you compress it, it marks the folder so that any changes get compressed as well.

PD, I had this problem on an older version of CM. In fact, it would happen when disabling tracks, cars, championships, etc. Which version are you using? I'm using the 1.6x's and the issue seems to be fixed in these versions.

CM ver 0.8.2123.36398 / CSP 1.52 (newer versions just don't work lol)

Update to track folder.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/drn2rpx8h1tvo

Mid-Ohio v2.0 - no change
Auto24ring v1.8 - no change
Algarve v 2.0 - no change
Nogaro v2.6 - no change
Spielberg (Oesterreichring) 1974 + 1977 v2.5 - no change

Hockenheim 1988 v2.5 UPDATE
(This is NOT the Carrera4/Rainmaker/assetto-fr.tk version, but the one from AMS/Terra21)
Done:
Removed 3D grass meshes
Added grass FX and water FX
Crowds fixed (don't disappear anymore)
Added missing grandstand
Added more shadows
Objects count reduced from 1836 to 696 !
Changed the tree saturation
Changed the tirewall shaders
Fixed hole in curb
Inserted Sachs Haus and missing tunnel walls from 2001 version
New sections file by Fanapryde
Added VAO patch by Slider
Tuned AI path (still the 1st lap is risky with aggressive fast cars)

Still some updates to come. Please contact me in a private message to point out things I can improve.

Since March 11th I have been a professional bass player without a gig... thanks to corona.
No, I'm not starving, but if you buy me a beer on Paypal, that would really keep me motivated :)
But also if you don't: enjoy the tracks!

https://paypal.me/moddingmusician

@gutbomb & @dathyr

Appreciating a lot the track "Meadowland Raceways", I drove 2 cars which respect the period (because I dislike using cars which were not supposed to race on some tracks, that's my personal "police").

The McLaren M1b (from AC Legends) did a huge "Mark Webber moment", I advice the players to be not "full throtlle" on this part of the track with this car.
The 68' Chevy Camaro (AC legends too) was fine during two laps and with less fuel (I began with 50 liters), the car flies a little bit too much and the landing has been lethal... but It shows a little issue, after the picture the car disappeared in another dimension.

If It can help for something.

Cheers ! :cheers:

Last edited:
Hockenheim 1988 v2.5 UPDATE
Fantastic updates - thanks dude.
That long line of flags above the pit buildings would look fantastic if replaced with proper CSP flags blowing in the breeze. The ones at ACF's Brasilia update with the new config look superb... so realistic. Check them out if you haven't seen them.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back