Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,778 comments
@TheRealCeeBee
RNP in Sydney, as touge. I took a crack at it with RTB, but, man, its a huge piece of road to try model, and the google data from RTB is hopeless (i think the "ground" from google is to the top of the trees, not the road, so hard to get it right).

I gave up when my machine said NOPE trying to parse the GIS "25m" data

I've been down this road too, pun intended. I was even tempted to ask for a google .kmz route for old bobs track builder. While this makes elevation correct, there is no road shape help. Where did you find the GIS data?

@TheRealCeeBee

I've been down this road too, pun intended. I was even tempted to ask for a google .kmz route for old bobs track builder. While this makes elevation correct, there is no road shape help. Where did you find the GIS data?

at the ELVIS site, you can block out what you need and it offers whatever it can find.
https://elevation.fsdf.org.au/

I have a logger build for my bikes, that can capture kml live at 20ms intervals while i ride, but, they are all reliant on the fact of having good LOS to the satellites, which at the bottom of the nasho is always an issue, maybe if i ride it slow enough I wont lose them.. ill test tommorow.

EDIT: I see its point cloud data, and see the size, 1.9GB for 28 blocks, a bit less than my first attempt, but, still a MASSIVE amount of data to chew through. the biggest issue of course being from my video you can see the trees arch over both sides of the road in some places, so it dissappears in some sections under the foliage. I cannot find any decent bare earth data to work from yet... livve in hope..
upload_2020-8-23_11-51-27.png

Last edited:
Thanks!
I could read up to TRACKST*****, but now that you pointed out it became 100% clear, lol
Edit: Found it!

Attachments

• upload_2020-8-23_0-5-20.png
    upload_2020-8-23_0-5-20.png
    96.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Ran at %0 here for quite a long time. They still make their challenges, anticipate over takes etc. And no dumb variations, the AI never plays stupid and with strength at %100-%110, you'll have a fun, hard, competitive race without the corner dive bombers and being spun on a straight away.

To visualize this, turn up the AI agg, watch a reply of a race and jump in an AI car and pay attention to the random arms spaz'z and wheel snaps. :lol: At %0 this is gone for the most part.

Sorry, but how do you get more than 100% AI strength?

This might help some of you guys.

Indeed it should be helpful to a few; I was going to make a post soon on this but I guess no need. I have been testing this since Thursday thanks to AlleyViper and it is a rock solid fix.
Bloody Windows subsystems trying to be helpful and causing months of frustration, who would have guessed it.
Seems it was kind of a perfect storm of things getting acs.exe added to the FTH list.
Very happy anyway, have put many hours driving in this weekend thanks to this. I'd recommend everyone check and add an exception for acs.exe I wouldn't be surprised to find lots of people having performance issues and putting it down to CSP, actually finding this to be the cause.

anyone else having a lit of this since ilja updated the preview from 3 to 13 then to 15, on both 13 and 15 i get this on about half my tracks now, crashes immediately after trying to load weatherfx.

upload_2020-8-23_16-2-0.png

This might help some of you guys.

Excellent, long loading time is gone on my end.
Checked what is FTH and it's "Fault Tolerant Heap". After several crash, windows automatically try to mitigate the issue and apply special parameters to associated application. This doesn't work well when crash comes from added mods, which is quite common.
So adding acs.exe to exclusion list is totally safe. That's a nice find.

edit : this fixed also one micro freeze that happened at each session, just after starting to drive. I spent time with SOL and CSP thinking it was the culprit for this micro stutter. I'm so happy that it's finally gone.

Last edited:
anyone else having a lit of this since ilja updated the preview from 3 to 13 then to 15, on both 13 and 15 i get this on about half my tracks now, crashes immediately after trying to load weatherfx.

View attachment 951487

#MeToo.

While trying to find out what's happening with this, I read a moderator post from today on the CSP discord saying the new build is very buggy, so I just rolled back to 0.1.62 and went back to driving rather than being a bug hunter.

@TheRealCeeBee

Looks like you have twice as much ram as me so I can't see my potato doing any better. Besides, I'm still a week and half away from home. At least I now know there is enough interest in an MCM mod. He'll, maybe we could get sponsored by Just Car.... :P

Excellent, long loading time is gone on my end.
Checked what is FTH and it's "Fault Tolerant Heap". After several crash, windows automatically try to mitigate the issue and apply special parameters to associated application. This doesn't work well when crash comes from added mods, which is quite common.
So adding acs.exe to exclusion list is totally safe. That's a nice find.

I followed the video and i didn't have AC on the 'naughty list' as he puts it.
But i looked on the 'exclusion list' and it didn't have the acs.exe on there either.

Should i just add it on and try it?

I tend to get crashed after i have cancelled a session ever once in a while.

@TheRealCeeBee

Looks like you have twice as much ram as me so I can't see my potato doing any better. Besides, I'm still a week and half away from home. At least I now know there is enough interest in an MCM mod. He'll, maybe we could get sponsored by Just Car.... :P

Don't joke dude... Since its such a popular spot for cyclists Ive been toying with the idea of getting UNSW to lidar/laser it from the ground... and build a track for "cyclists to use virtually during COVID".. use their supercomputers to crunch it.. you can sell any crap nowadays as long as you tag it with covid... I know a guy who knows a guy that I helped out with some microfluidics machining some time back for them... might make a call..

EDIT: If you knwo the right software I have a spare dual xeon e2697 machine with 128gb of ddr3 in it, running linux at the moment as a media server ;), but if it comes to crunching raw data it may just be up to the job.

A few days ago I got this from a friend, today I just checked that these are trucks and it's pretty cool, as the name suggests Virtual Racing Truck Championship, there's a great sound, pretty good 3d models, the physics is also cool, although I'd improve minimals because they don't hold their way. I haven't found any information that this is a paid mod, so if that's the case, please let me know and I'm removing it right away.

View media item 67122
vtrc_buggyra.rar - 40.6 MB

View media item 67121
vtrc_mercedes.rar - 108.5 MB

View media item 67119
vtrc_man_b.rar - 48.8 MB

View media item 67118
vtrc_man_h.rar - 42.1 MB

View media item 67117
vtrc_iveco.rar - 46.3 MB

View media item 67120
vtrc_man_pacetruck.rar - 97.7 MB

These are also the exact same models used for the official ETRC esports thing on youtube.
Not sure if they are the same physics etc, but the ETRC trucks were being released once the esports thing was over..which it now is..

They look great. Limited to 100mph so important not to pick tracks with long straights.

I got mine few days ago over on Putins forum.
Apparently you are only meant to get them if you sign up on the VTRC website.
Still free though so not a pay mod.

View attachment 951342

All Truck models is converted from the official ETRC game.
https://igcd.net/game.php?id=1000014087

(The official virtual championship is based these model too, I think. But I not 100% sure that, the two mod is the same.)

I found a website, which looks like this spanish championship's official site, but I didn't found there the link to his Discord channel.
(This Discord channel was linked into "the russian site" some day ago, and you can find there the full mod.)

Trouble with CSP?

Here are some things to try, esp for testing:

- use only the dwrite.dll with stable files
ok, you do realize that CSP is just a dll that intercepts call to DX (and likewise FXAA). You can test stability and performance gains/loss.
how? Simply rename dwrite.dll and copy the new dll to your assetto folder.

- do properly clean your settings <--- THIS IS SUPER CRITICAL! (let me explain)
CSP writes changes from the default ini files in ./assettocorsa/extension/config to ./your_user/Documents/Assetto Corsa/cfg/extension
HOWEVER... it only will write new options IF you enable/disable

It will NOT automagically adopt NEW default settings from a NEW version of CSP IF the data in ./assettocorsa/extension/config (which comes with ever new CSP version) is already set. If a setting has been changed or added in a NEW CSP version, and you revert back to an old version, the changes are NOT removed from the ./your_user/Documents/Assetto Corsa/cfg/extension folder

Therefore, you MUST delete the CSP configs in ./your_user/Documents/Assetto Corsa/cfg/extension for any debugging/troubleshooting
(you will loose any custom settings).

- advanced use
Many CSP plugins have HIDDEN settings that you can enable (and is how I found the config issues).
example: reflections_fx.ini
[WINDSCREEN]
; hidden
FOG_LINEAR=280
FOG_BLEND=0
FOG_COLOR=0, 0, 0

if you remove the ";hidden" and restart CM, you will now have an extra box(s) in the ReflectionFX to enable that new/beta/test/debug function.

IF you upgrade/downgrade CSP, THIS SETTING WILL REMAIN IN YOUR CONFIG ./your_user/Documents/Assetto Corsa/cfg/extension

There are plugins I never use, but are enabled by default... so I edit the ./assettocorsa/extension/config/*.ini files to disable them before testing/using a new CSP ver, and enable some dev/hidden features.

I hope this helps some people, or provides clarity into some basic things to consider

Last edited:
I followed the video and i didn't have AC on the 'naughty list' as he puts it.
But i looked on the 'exclusion list' and it didn't have the acs.exe on there either.

Should i just add it on and try it?

I tend to get crashed after i have cancelled a session ever once in a while.

If acs.exe wasn't in "naughty" list, it means that windows doesn't apply FTH parameter. So no need to add it in exclusion list because it is not yet a candidate.
You can add it as a preventive action but your system doesn't need it right now and it doesn't seem to complain against acs.exe.

edit : perhaps FTH feature is totally deactivated on you system ?
check Enabled value in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\FTH
If it's zero, then FTH is off.

edit2: I don't think that any application goes to FTH as soon as one crash occurs. I think it must be added when several crash happened in a relative short time period or on successive launch.
When trying to fix a mod, you crash acs.exe really often and I think it's that kind of event that trigger the FTH process.

Last edited:
tweaked RainFX config edit for Willow Springs by Tyrone, you can copy the whole [RAIN FX] section from the Eddyville Raceway ext_config and add TarmacLightAC to the list of PUDDLES_MATERIALS, then all the road has puddle, not just some parts.

Clip uploading, hope there is a menu for dialling back that spray from cars in front of you...

tweaked RainFX config edit for Willow Springs by Tyrone, you can copy the whole [RAIN FX] section from the Eddyville Raceway ext_config and add TarmacLightAC to the list of PUDDLES_MATERIALS, then all the road has puddle, not just some parts.

Clip uploading, hope there is a menu for dialling back that spray from cars in front of you...

This looks fantastic

its a shame I dont think my pc would have the power to handle it

If acs.exe wasn't in "naughty" list, it means that windows doesn't apply FTH parameter. So no need to add it in exclusion list because it is not yet a candidate.
You can add it as a preventive action but your system doesn't need it right now and it doesn't seem to complain against acs.exe.

edit : perhaps FTH feature is totally deactivated on you system ?
check Enabled value in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\FTH
If it's zero, then FTH is off.

edit2: I don't think that any application goes to FTH as soon as one crash occurs. I think it must be added when several crash happened in a relative short time period or on successive launch.
When trying to fix a mod, you crash acs.exe really often and I think it's that kind of event that trigger the FTH process.

The default parameters are set so that FTH will start to add mitigations to a program if it has crashed 3 times within 60 minutes.

Extra info-

I write this half asleep but I hope you kind of get the picture.. this is half conjecture because I meant to test this further but haven't got round to adding acs.exe back to the list yet but you can see soon that it is a bit of a weird situation:-

Using Esc. key to exit a session as it loads was causing a hard application crash to be recorded. After the fix (removing acs.exe from FTH) quitting with Esc now exits back to CM cleanly; at least two of us have reproduced this phenomenon. So it may be the case that these crashes upon pressing Esc. key may only happen when FTH is applied to acs.exe.

This is what I meant by 'a perfect storm' because the FTH list also appears to be reset every 7 days, possibly on restart too.. so you would have to have gotten AC onto the monitoring list through a few error 1000 application crashes to begin with. From then on, any time you pressed Esc. to stop a session loading, you are going to trigger the throttling again rather quickly.

If you don't use that quit with Esc. feature often, eventually your performance may come back, maybe you attribute its return to some other thing you changed and life goes on.. a few unlucky crashes from something else and the problem comes back etc..

Sorry I truly am in bed half asleep so this might come across as horrible babble but there you go... I must go back to sleep I have to go into work tonight.

Ciao!

@__EASY__ Monti Ciottoli EXT_CONFIG updated with working lights (as possible) + Basic RainFX (someone who had it can test it and let me know if it's work or not i've only compiled without having the chance to test it).

As always, remove the .txt at the end of the file and put it in the extension folder of the track folder itself ;)

Attachments

• ext_config.ini.txt
    3.7 KB · Views: 37
Circuito di Fiorano.
Screenshot_asr_1991_ferrari_643_circuito_di_fiorano_23-7-120-13-14-39.jpg

Screenshot_asr_1991_ferrari_643_circuito_di_fiorano_23-7-120-13-14-28.jpg

Screenshot_asr_1991_ferrari_643_circuito_di_fiorano_23-7-120-13-14-5.jpg
Screenshot_asr_1991_ferrari_643_circuito_di_fiorano_23-7-120-13-13-49.jpg

I had this version on my HDD but i never had time to try it out till yesterday. It required an update so i made it but all the thanks goes to who made it before my touches of course.

Removed the "fake" WET & FOG version, added GrassFX, RainFX (like for Monti Ciottoli without testing it), LightFX, VAO and new replay cameras.

Hope you'll enjoy it even is not perfect ;)

https://sharemods.com/kmi9hj4x50o2/...ed___Updated_by_CrisT86_for_AC_1.16.3.7z.html

@__EASY__ Monti Ciottoli EXT_CONFIG updated with working lights (as possible) + Basic RainFX (someone who had it can test it and let me know if it's work or not i've only compiled without having the chance to test it).

As always, remove the .txt at the end of the file and put it in the extension folder of the track folder itself ;)
much better thank you.
upload_2020-8-23_21-24-35.png

RainFX (like for Monti Ciottoli without testing it)l
Works fine thank you.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back