- 1,195

- Australia
@TheRealCeeBee
I've been down this road too, pun intended. I was even tempted to ask for a google .kmz route for old bobs track builder. While this makes elevation correct, there is no road shape help. Where did you find the GIS data?
at the ELVIS site, you can block out what you need and it offers whatever it can find.
https://elevation.fsdf.org.au/
I have a logger build for my bikes, that can capture kml live at 20ms intervals while i ride, but, they are all reliant on the fact of having good LOS to the satellites, which at the bottom of the nasho is always an issue, maybe if i ride it slow enough I wont lose them.. ill test tommorow.
EDIT: I see its point cloud data, and see the size, 1.9GB for 28 blocks, a bit less than my first attempt, but, still a MASSIVE amount of data to chew through. the biggest issue of course being from my video you can see the trees arch over both sides of the road in some places, so it dissappears in some sections under the foliage. I cannot find any decent bare earth data to work from yet... livve in hope..
Last edited:
