Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,815 comments
@leBluem or anyone knows it, i have a question for the LOD generator.

LOD Generator says to create a free Simplygon license created at https://account.simplygon.com/ but if i try to open the website it cannot work, if i load the normal website it seems there's no way to register a free account and by downloading the free version of simplygon it seems the LOD generator don't work properly. Any tips or help on how to make it work? Thanks

That absolutely worked! but in this case you have to be careful. Making ROAD_A a soaking mesh makes the puddles visible, but the track looks too flooded and black, whereas with ROAD_A just a puddles mesh, the puddles are there - the car makes incredible splashes of water as it drives through them - but you can't see them very well, not like at Spa, Brands and Nordschleife. It's probably an idiosyncrasy of Goodwood.

Thanks for your help. Now to identify all the objects at this track!

I counter your argument!

Many mods are played online WITHOUT a data.acd and only a ./data folder

im also sure you can edit the kn5 for cars and the ui_json (My VRC and ASR cars have edited UI)

I think that if server contains a data.acd file, then you'll have a mismatch. If server only get a data folder, no check is done.
About car kn5, I think you're right, there's no check. (edit : ui json is not checked neither)

After watching DTM today, I realized there are DRS and push-to-pass features available in this series. Is this also the case for the URD T5 (Bayro/Aura) mods?

What's the car pack these skins are for?
T5 from URD has DRS, push to pass is a new feature since last year and URD has not released anything.
there is no pack for it, i just assume most interested in those cars will have them already.
otherwise seach Oreca 07 around here.

OK, somebody please remind me as it's been a while since I've done this and the creator doesn't seem interested in providing instructions or answering queries.
I want to add this to my previews, also make it my default preview so that if I do a blanket update of ALL previews overnight then this one will be used.
Any ideas please?
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sinysters-realistic-preview-preset.32586/

Add it to Users\<Your User>\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Presets\Custom Previews (edit : showroom is in steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\showroom)
then use Ctrl+Shift+P from content/cars to open custom preview options

Last edited:
Are you talking about the version of Wick island, that can be found on Velo's homepage?

https://velosmodsworkshop.com.mx/tracks.html

Hello @mrtomcat66

I think what Masscot is talking about is Wick Island from Gilles, The one Velomods has is the Zwickau street circuit. They are 2 different tracks.

i would be a little interested in where Velomods got their tracks since he said he did not do them.
Not that I am worried or concerned about it, some just look like similar to Gilles tracks.

Anyway, thanks for the pointer to Velomods, I have bookmarked it.

take care,
Dave

OK, somebody please remind me as it's been a while since I've done this and the creator doesn't seem interested in providing instructions or answering queries.
I want to add this to my previews, also make it my default preview so that if I do a blanket update of ALL previews overnight then this one will be used.
Any ideas please?
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sinysters-realistic-preview-preset.32586/

Put your preview here C:\Users\******\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Presets\Custom Previews\Loaded

And then open CM and select a car, go to mange and hit the drop down arrow next to "update previews" and choose "options"
Select the Loaded folder and the preview and then save preset. It should stay as your default preview from then on.

EDIT: Ninja'd by unpierrot with what looks like a quicker way to do it :D

@leBluem or anyone knows it, i have a question for the LOD generator.

LOD Generator says to create a free Simplygon license created at https://account.simplygon.com/ but if i try to open the website it cannot work, if i load the normal website it seems there's no way to register a free account and by downloading the free version of simplygon it seems the LOD generator don't work properly. Any tips or help on how to make it work? Thanks

you need to start Simplygon then right click it in systray settings licence. hope this helps

I counter your argument!

Many mods are played online WITHOUT a data.acd and only a ./data folder

im also sure you can edit the kn5 for cars and the ui_json (My VRC and ASR cars have edited UI)

Yes...but. Presumably, the server has a checksum for EITHER the data.acd OR the data folder but not both. Or am I talking through my hat?

I think that if server contains a data.acd file, then you'll have a mismatch. If server only get a data folder, no check is done.
About car kn5, I think you're right, there's no check. (edit : ui json is not checked neither)

If the server doesn't check to data folder, couldn't you slip in there, crank the torque up to infinity and get away with it?

So regards this VTRC truck racing mod.
Firstly its great, really enjoying it.
I remember the ETRC esports said that they would release their ETRC mod once the official e series was over.

No news from that yet. But what is interesting is that there is an official ETRC game, which isn't very good, so the official e series was using AC, instead of that game.
But it now seems the folks behind that mod for AC were given access to the models from the official game... (or very cunningly managed to use them without them finding out!)

From that e series some team has either been given permission, or otherwise, to then create the VTRC online series with the same trucks but different skins...

Hmmm.

End result is I think we already have the 'ETRC' trucks, but they are actually leaked as the VTRC ones.....

So all they need are official ETRC skins and its good to go...

Not even sure if this is even interesting, but i have been asked a few things via PM about if i had the ETRC trucks..... and i think i do, but they are the VTRC trucks.......hope that clears things up! :crazy:

Hello friends, Can you help me? Please tell me where can i found this car

Attachments

• preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 59
After watching DTM today, I realized there are DRS and push-to-pass features available in this series. Is this also the case for the URD T5 (Bayro/Aura) mods?

What's the car pack these skins are for?
You had never watched it in the last years then xD.. anyway DRS is available for the URD T5 mods, I don't think so for the push-to-pass system.

So regards this VTRC truck racing mod.
Firstly its great, really enjoying it.
I remember the ETRC esports said that they would release their ETRC mod once the official e series was over.

No news from that yet. But what is interesting is that there is an official ETRC game, which isn't very good, so the official e series was using AC, instead of that game.
But it now seems the folks behind that mod for AC were given access to the models from the official game... (or very cunningly managed to use them without them finding out!)

From that e series some team has either been given permission, or otherwise, to then create the VTRC online series with the same trucks but different skins...

Hmmm.

End result is I think we already have the 'ETRC' trucks, but they are actually leaked as the VTRC ones.....

So all they need are official ETRC skins and its good to go...

Not even sure if this is even interesting, but i have been asked a few things via PM about if i had the ETRC trucks..... and i think i do, but they are the VTRC trucks.......hope that clears things up! :crazy:

So, in short, we leave or remove :confused:

Yes. On old F1-classic site Mitchell Kakotsky made it almost exactly a year ago.

He converted 4 mod tracks from Geoff Crammond's GP4 game.

Hungaroring, Imola, MagnyCours, Nurburgring, all 2001 versions.

original links:
https://sharemods.com/ow108ya6k6p7/imola2001.zip.html
https://sharemods.com/ii40bjfnxh11/hungaroring2001.zip.html
https://sharemods.com/qa722eciy83r/magny.zip.html
https://sharemods.com/kk3c9j9iqpd3/nurb.zip.html

These are the original GP4 mod(?) tracks, which was converted:
http://gp4db.com/index.php?category=tracks&section=2001

If the server doesn't check to data folder, couldn't you slip in there, crank the torque up to infinity and get away with it?
Without data.acd, you can modify everything without issue on server.
But honestly the worst part is that you can keep data.acd and rely on Content Manager to use data folder. Then no mismatch online and you still can use a modified car.

edit : We all know that cheating could be everywhere in PC gaming (see video from ACC cheat with flying car for example). If it's not by using the game itself, it's with external tool. We have to live with it. Best way to handle that is to go on server where people are there to have fun and fair fight.

Last edited:
Hello @mrtomcat66

I think what Masscot is talking about is Wick Island from Gilles, The one Velomods has is the Zwickau street circuit. They are 2 different tracks.

i would be a little interested in where Velomods got their tracks since he said he did not do them.
Not that I am worried or concerned about it, some just look like similar to Gilles tracks.

Anyway, thanks for the pointer to Velomods, I have bookmarked it.

take care,
Dave

Hi Dave. I am not at my AC-PC right now, but I think Velos has both mentioned tracks on his HP. Wick and Zwickau:

"Wick Island", Club Circuit in Scotland, St Monans, Length= 3361 metres, Medium width, 26 pitboxes, counter clockwise.

DOWNLOAD: 40.38 MB - https://www.mediafire.com/file/crq8rba24fh27ed/wick.zip/file

"Zwickau Grand Prix", Street Circuit (anticlockwise), Zwickau, Germany, Length=2880 metres, medium width with 32 pitboxes

DOWNLOAD: 49 MB - https://www.mediafire.com/file/tghvr3gxvui0vjq/zwickau.7z/file

Some experimentation with extra animations that can be done in the ext_config.ini this is a simple horn animation nothing special now i know how to use more animations to an car. And don't worry the XJ220S is still being developed its just a bit hard to do since it was my first PC2 rip. Anyway here it is mapped it to the horn key
2020.08.23-19.18.png

Although it can't be really seen properly in the image here's how these animations work and that car horn animation in the video is a brief explanation on how it works in the picture above.

So, in short, we leave or remove :confused:

Oh good God, leave the link up.
No i was just trying to clear up the notion that there is a ETRC and a VTRC mod out there....

End result form my findings are that they are the same.

I think a couple of folks thought i had the ETRC mod which was a separate truck mod..

I like your truck post. I dont know what the complaint is about.
Thank you for these trucks. I have also a couple older posts of trucks and really enjoy driving them.

take care.

There hasn't been any complaints.
Just like i said, there is a ETRC mod, but this VTRC mod IS that, with a different name/skins...same trucks though.

Some experimentation with extra animations that can be done in the ext_config.ini this is a simple horn animation nothing special now i know how to use more animations to an car. And don't worry the XJ220S is still being developed its just a bit hard to do since it was my first PC2 rip. Anyway here it is mapped it to the horn key
View attachment 951610
Although it can't be really seen properly in the image here's how these animations work and that car horn animation in the video is a brief explanation on how it works in the picture above.

I honestly don't see the point of this. Driver's feet animation on the pedals - now that is something I'd like to see but windows going up n down at 100mph and horns and indicators, not sure I get why that is a thing in what is fundamentally a racing sim. I dunno maybe the little things like this make it more realistic for some in the street cars, but I honestly can't think of a time when I thought "if only i had indicators or a horn to blast" while being overtaken by a race car @ Brands Hatch.
Just my 2 cents of course but personally I would be concentrating on making your mods high quality and have accurate physics and not worry too much about putting a horn animation in.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back