Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,768 comments
Here we go with Porsche 961 LM

version 1.0

♣ Car model converted from pCars. All specs according real data. Max speed, lap time matches real lap time of Porsche 961 in Le Mans 1986. ♣ Working AI. Sound from 959 Sport is fine.

⊗ No shift animation. ⊗ No interior lights. ⊗ Physics can be changed in future

It drives well. Probably some understeering? Anyway i think need to make some tune on suspension, and probably add some torque on high revs.

bring me some coffee ^_^
for futher development if you are interested in this model. Thank you.

Screenshot_gtsupreme_porsche_961_bathurst_fm7_28-8-120-0-30-23.jpg
custom_showroom_1598538958.jpg

PS I have just realized that ingame skin is without Rothmans logo. Stupid modern days with censored everything

Is it possible to borrow some better assets from another car to put in the cockpit (eg the gear knob and other angular origami parts)?
Lots of untextured (pure white) elements in the cockpit too. Were these just missed? The white window webbing looks particularly odd, and can't be edited by simply changing the ksAmbient unfortunately, as it can't be isolated from the rest of the model.
Also, there appears to be a tacho needle floating a few metres above the car.
Flames are nowhere near the tailpipes either.
Rear lights don't work too. Brake lights do, but are very dim.
Nice car, but needs some TLC perhaps, and probbaly not a v1.0 just yet?

Last edited:
Is Maryland Int raceway an Oval or Road Course? Going to search on youtube, etc. first I have heard of that track.

Added: Ah, that's why I didn't know about it, Maryland is Drag Strip type track.

take care

hehe, I live pretty close to it. Closer when I was younger. Yep, definitely a drag strip. The AC track has some interesting layout and options that I wouldn't have thought about.

This would be fantastic, I've basically given up with track extensions at this point as it seems everyone and their dog are making them and I just don't care enough about grass and billboards to bother working out which ones are the best. I can see it becoming even more confusing once the rain CSP hits public release so having a more advanced version of the 'wet' function in BLM lights would be a brilliant time saver.

I see you made the same mistake I did and downloaded the Vantage model with the horrible wheels and fat tyres. If you want a normal looking one then here's a temporary link to the standard V8 Vantage KN5 that I recently did some shader work on, just rename and copy over yours and it should then work with your physics set. Feel free to update and upload with this if you prefer, I'm not bothered with being credited, link will be active 14 days. Link and pic below, you should be able to make any skins you want using the CM painter but if not, let me know and I'll upload as well.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/w2km3gblmn99se3/aston_vantage77.kn5/file

107584150_10103950903117278_6006700556010491266_o.jpg
Swapping your kn5 in seems to bork the instrument cluster and the mirrors, unfortunately. Maybe the swap could be done the other way around?

Here we go with Porsche 961 LM

version 1.0

♣ Car model converted from pCars. All specs according real data. Max speed, lap time matches real lap time of Porsche 961 in Le Mans 1986. ♣ Working AI. Sound from 959 Sport is fine.

⊗ No shift animation. ⊗ No interior lights. ⊗ Physics can be changed in future

It drives well. Probably some understeering? Anyway i think need to make some tune on suspension, and probably add some torque on high revs.

bring me some coffee ^_^
for futher development if you are interested in this model. Thank you.

PS I have just realized that ingame skin is without Rothmans logo. Stupid modern days with censored everything

Is it just me or does this model look somehow strange? Looks like it is too high or too short when I look from the side.
Can you recheck the measurement?
porsche_961_le_mans_1986-63489.jpg

__custom_showroom_1598551736.jpg

Something has been bothering me since starting to play the game on the PC, the steering wheel fitted to the Porsche GT3RS has a problem, the yellow centre mark seems to have shrunk, making the wheel look a little odd, actually the problem is that the Alcantara has been growing...

Note: Photos have been adjusted to make the issue easier to see! :lol:

Assetto Corsa 27_08_2020 18_46_37.jpg

So after stumbling about trying to learn about ext_config.ini, this is caused by a line of code in the car config file that is downloaded by csp, if one is available.

Code:
[Material_Fur]
Meshes = GEO_Steer_SUB0
FurGravityFactor = 0.8
[FurScale = 0.8
FurFidelityScale = 0
FurOcclusion = 0.3
PROP_... = fresnelEXP, 5
PROP_... = fresnelC, 0.04
PROP_... = fresnelMaxLevel, 0.5

To fix it FurScale has to be adjusted, I did this in an ext_config file

Code:
[Material_Fur]
Meshes = GEO_Steer_SUB0
FurGravityFactor = 0.5
FurScale = 0
FurFidelityScale = 0
FurOcclusion = 0.3
PROP_... = fresnelEXP, 5
PROP_... = fresnelC, 0.04
PROP_... = fresnelMaxLevel, 0.5

This results in a nicer looking steering wheel IMO...Assuming it hasn't been over exposed to show the difference ;)

Assetto Corsa 27_08_2020 18_41_43.jpg

May be of use if a similar issue has been bothering you ;)

I think I may of actually made something look a little better, all be it by putting it back to the way it used to be. :confused: :lol:

This also looks to have fixed a problem with stitching looking weird, after dropping in a file called INT_Stiches_DIFF from the Cayman GT4 :)

Last edited:
hi ladies and gentlemen,
As you know, I like to modify the data of outrageously overpowered cars to make them more realistic (but i'm not an ayatollah).
This is the case of this Aston Martin which came out for assetto corsa with 5 ( yes five! ) turbos, 600hp and other nonsense ...
Here it is with data and performances corresponding to those declared by the automobile-catalogue.com site. She is much more civilized and can be driven more easily. But the drawing is a little bit dated. If you have any cars in your garage that need rework, let me know and I'll be happy to try to make them more realistic (as i'm an old retired man, i have time for that).

Aston Martin V8 Vantage 1977:
50272404492_db2fa75238_b.jpg

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/udacjxaux6v1nrk/aston_martin_v8_vantage_s.7z/file

Obviously, all credits for the author, have fun, Mike
Thanks for this, and hope you don't mind but I did a few very quick visual edits. Nothing major, but important for VR.
v1.1m 27.08.2020
- driver rotated and raised so his legs only partially clip through the seat instead of being totally hidden
- driver hand/steering synchronisation fixed
- some cockpit shader tweaks

http://www.mediafire.com/file/morknfl419z3hft/file

Some other modders here provide equally annoying links to their websites rather than direct links to the actual mod. Are site hits that important or is it more about 'earning' the mod by hopping through a few hoops first?

I will agree with you 100%. If anyone can figure out how to get these track/car items. The website is http://assetto-db.com/ and is straight forward to start out with. Most of these content items are located on other sites. But this one you really have to jump many hoops and I still have not gotten 1 item from his or her website.

1 click on the top menu item- I did tracks.
2. Next selected a track from pictures. takes me to another download page which has download track button
3. Clicked on download track button (there are 2 other downloads to start something else)

- now here is where the fun begins

4. I now get sent to an Adfly ad page and says wait 5 secs - I do At the same time another page pops up in background running another ad.
5. 5 secs times out I go to another ad page and wants to CONTINUE to start something else. I refuse to click on CONTINUE - who knows where that
goes.

I then say "I GIVE UP in little harsher words"

I then say this is crazy just to get a track download and quit all the ad pages. I guess they dont want us to get any content from this
website and I am not going to load other AD things or viruses on my computer.

So I give this website 10 stars for best way not to let anyone get anything from my website. LOL Dont know why I am laughing

take care.

Thank you! ..not only CSP, texture work also.
Are you happy with the FPS on the track, with other cars?
I had some FPS drops driving between the 3D trees,
perhaps i have to remove some of the many 3D trees in the background to get better FPS.
And i did not finish GrassFX completely for my taste.
in single screen with extrafx on i have fps drops (as video), but in triple with extrafx off no problem, did a 10 lapper GT3 with 15 cars withput hiccups.

OK so I have spent a little time in blender.
I have got as far as being able to remove stuff....so like in the picture passenger seat and glass...

Now how far am I from being able to ADD stuff. Like new wheels and just basic stuff like a mesh for example over the screen?

I just can't work out how to add stuff even when i have copied it from another car...

Am i way off or just a few steps from getting basic stuff within my grasp.

For arguments sake (i don't) but say i wanted to add a wing on the back of this C1... imagine i am in blender (and i know how to remove stuff), how easy is it from there..?
Cheers, hopefully in the long run this will mean i can get stuff done without asking.

__custom_showroom_1598527259.jpg

I will agree with you 100%. If anyone can figure out how to get these track/car items. The website is http://assetto-db.com/ and is straight forward to start out with. Most of these content items are located on other sites. But this one you really have to jump many hoops and I still have not gotten 1 item from his or her website.

1 click on the top menu item- I did tracks.
2. Next selected a track from pictures. takes me to another download page which has download track button
3. Clicked on download track button (there are 2 other downloads to start something else)

- now here is where the fun begins

4. I now get sent to an Adfly ad page and says wait 5 secs - I do At the same time another page pops up in background running another ad.
5. 5 secs times out I go to another ad page and wants to CONTINUE to start something else. I refuse to click on CONTINUE - who knows where that
goes.

I then say "I GIVE UP in little harsher words"

I then say this is crazy just to get a track download and quit all the ad pages. I guess they dont want us to get any content from this
website and I am not going to load other AD things or viruses on my computer.

So I give this website 10 stars for best way not to let anyone get anything from my website. LOL Dont know why I am laughing

take care.

random car on front page
click car
click download
download car from mega

http://assetto-db.com/car/bfr_focus_rs_mk2_s1

Track, Mt Akina
click track
click download
wait for adfly *do not click allow notification
redirect to
https://mega.nz/file/EJQ21DQS#cNekFmz6elBcNyr9SQOYshOoQ7H8alawJR3xgtS58UM

no issues, try Firefox

They just open up as the default skins for me. AS in the ones that are with the car without the rothmans logo etc. Can you check the files again please? Thank you so much.

Should overwrite the #203 DDS file when you install it. Or copy / paste it in the right folder, idk it works for me

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back