Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,809 comments
I sold my Rift S after three months and went triple 2k screens. VR isn't for everyone, even with a "normal" IPD!
Yep, different strokes for different folks. There really is only one way to find out if you'll like it and that is to try it, and you did absolutely the right thing by not dismissing it instantly but rather gave it a jolly good go over several months.
The initial motion sickness can be enough to put a lot of people off but that's almost always just a case of getting your 'sea legs' over the course of a few sessions, apart from the unfortunate few who can't seem to get beyond this.

I think it depends how/where(physically) you race too. I live in Southern Spain so it's generally always warm/hot and all my racing is generally 2hr+ weekly/twice weekly sessions online with 24+ cars so a combination of all that results in a hot, sweaty, uncomfortable, stuttery, blurry, background nausea mess. I got to the point of dreading using it all, so the relief to jump into 180° of super clear, super smooth triples was immense!

Last edited:
Project 8 is the fastest Jaguar saloon ever. Its 5.0 litre supercharged V8 produces 600PS and 700Nm of torque, making it the most powerful engine ever fitted to a Jaguar road car. Maximum speed is 200mph and 0-60mph takes just 3.3 seconds. While the car’s 8-speed transmission can manually paddle shift in just 0.2 seconds.

https://www.motor1.com/news/269111/jaguar-xe-project-8-dyno/
On paper signed and notarized by Jaguar, the XE Project 8 produces 592 horsepower and 516 pound-feet of torque from its supercharged 5.0-liter engine. When the British automaker introduced the car a year ago, it was the most powerful Jaguar road car ever. While that’s an impressive horsepower and torque figure, what automaker’s claim a car produces and what a car produces can be two different numbers. Automakers often under report a vehicle’s real output.

The dyno run shows the Jag producing 601 hp and 506 lb-ft of torque.
According to the dyno software, that translates to 485 hp at the wheels. It's a fair bit of power loss, but it's in line with a vehicle making supercharged power and sending it through an automatic gearbox and all-wheel-drive system.

Should be very easy to do a dyno plot for a power.lut and engine.ini
Project-8-Dyno3.jpg

601.6/hp @ 6515rpm
506.6/ftLb @ 4310rpm (686.8Nm)

Dyno shows a 19% drivetrain loss
Assetto automagically uses 13% loss and calculated for Wheel/HP in power.lut

power.lut numbers for 13% loss:
523hp@6515rpm
598Nm@4310rpm

power.lut numbers for 19% loss:
487hp@6515rpm
556Nm@4310rpm

there ya go...

BTW: 190hp is good for at least 225kph, as I did this in my 1996 BMW E36 M-sport one midsummer eve but backed off before maxV. (I hit 210kph on the Autobahn in a 2019 Audi A3 3.2tsfi, but it had a little more to go)
68937063_10220298485522982_7664901058526707712_o.jpg

Thanks a lot for the information! I already tried to edit the files yesterday to make it more realistic but something somewhere went wrong because in 3rd gear the car acts really strange. Also didn't really understand any of the files I had to edit so it's all a bit of guesswork from my end.

Any advice on what to do, how to edit the files, what to look out for and maybe a good tutorial? Or some help would be much appreciated!

I used this website for all the information I needed https://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/2017/2559680/jaguar_xe_sv_project_8.html

In the mean time I'll see if I can make the model and textures look a bit better. Since this is al very new for me and I've never modded before don't get your hopes up for an amazing edit

You can check out the AC Racer group on facebook. He's an Italian modder, and I thought I saw this car there. Or try assettoland.
https://assettoland.wixsite.com/assettoland/lancia

First thanks you a lots to point me out.

I'm not a 3d expert this forum has a lots of kindly and beautiful people.

Could someone kindly update to latest Assetto Corsa adding wipers and light animation?

This mod is by Wack from Assettoland

https://mega.nz/file/pQNTUYha#xS_oIFvZ8tpaaHvkqtaaJxPQvqtQ5ifG6q2lLGudnGQ

Cheers

Thanks a lot for the information! I already tried to edit the files yesterday to make it more realistic but something somewhere went wrong because in 3rd gear the car acts really strange. Also didn't really understand any of the files I had to edit so it's all a bit of guesswork from my end.

Any advice on what to do, how to edit the files, what to look out for and maybe a good tutorial? Or some help would be much appreciated!

I used this website for all the information I needed https://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/2017/2559680/jaguar_xe_sv_project_8.html

In the mean time I'll see if I can make the model and textures look a bit better. Since this is al very new for me and I've never modded before don't get your hopes up for an amazing edit
send me your mod, I will do the drivetrain if you choose

send me your mod, I will do the drivetrain if you choose

You rule! Thanks a lot in advance :)
Here's the link: https://sharemods.com/835wlo99vvtq/rw_jaguarxe_project8.7z.html

For people reading this that are also interested in this car: would anyone be able to remove the antenna and co-driver and also add plates and maybe a backseat? I would especially love to see the co driver removed, the rest isn't THAT important.

I'm going to try to get a nice dashboard working, found a website which has super clear images of the dash: https://davidyare.co.uk/project-8

Wait you had that skin the whole time? And yes i am interested. Like the BBS Wheels on those.
Yea man! I have a few for these cars across some years... Some 2000, 2002, 2003 skins from both ALMS and Le Mans... Hit me up and lets see what we can do together for this epic era of endurance racing across the platforms (I mod rF2)!

@Teddie

Hopefully one last VR post, and we can all get back to the mods--and it's great how everyone has been so civil about discussing their experiences with VR, pros and cons.

The comments about the IPD and somehow getting time to test an HMD (at least an hour) to determine if you might have issues... yes, I certainly agree. While recommending the Rift S, I forgot to mention the known IPD issue (still a little groggy, just got out of the hospital, two days of Hell connected to a clicking IV pump administering antibiotics and nutrients).

For more information, there's mostly good commentary videos on Youtube about what's currently happening with VR, what are your best options if you want something right now or in the next few months, and what should be developing in the future.

To others (like me) it is so inconsequential in the overall immersion of the experience that it isn't even worth discussing.

I am one of the other, the resolution is not an issue, in my CV1, and I would upgrade my 1080ti before I change my headset.
We are so lucky all that VR technology is available today for very reasonable money and make SIM racing such an incredible immersive experience.

Yea man! I have a few for these cars across some years... Some 2000, 2002, 2003 skins from both ALMS and Le Mans... Hit me up and lets see what we can do together for this epic era of endurance racing across the platforms (I mod rF2)!

:eek:.... YES.

THOMAS SABO

No. Thank you for your guess. 👍

it's a Chopard from the dial layout

No martin, not yet. Thank you again. :)

You guys know some good brands.:cheers:

I will wait untill December 2022 to show the brand.

Joking, ofcourse. I will wait a few more hours, then I will post a good image of it.

Thank you all for joining the offtopic, however - IMHO - a harmless fresh air to the thread.

Cheers

The only watch that could have any relation with GT5 is the HUAWEI GT5 but I doubt it is a smartwatch there

Thanks pugsang, bot no.

I will tell again.
This watch was a vectorized watch. Not a watch from GT Sport.

In my library, I have more than 10 different watchs I had vectorized, as Ferrari, Choppard, Rolex, Patek Phillipe, Lorus, Breitling, Blancpain, Richard Mille, Bell & Ross, BRM, Omega, Tag, Tissot, Longines, Swatch, Seiko, Certina, Hublot, [*******] <---- The * are not the same as the watch number of letters brand. Etc....

When I reveal the brand you will see that it was always there.;)

Last edited:
Before
118615720_10208374461314928_9217337044090199966_o.jpg

and after on the interiour
118654542_10208374462874967_5922023476554053026_o.jpg

Everything is still static except the dials (like in the original mod) but at least it looks a bit better now!
Damn, you might be good at making a Navigator_StyleMercedes for CSP applied to ALL modern Mercedes cars...:lol:

hello, thx for the tip, but even with the forza.dds file, it somehow still be abnormal reflective in some track.

UPDATE for all users of the GTSupreme Porsche 961LM...
As you may be aware the latest version (v1.1) now offers separate mods (1) original release wheels, (2) BBS Spoke and Turbo wheels. As commented by TB previously, the Turbo wheels were obtained from the 962 mod.

After comparing the two 961LM mods, initially looking for wheel/tire dimension inconsistencies - I came across a file ino 'tire_forza_dds' - the culprit...

View attachment 953972

Copy this file and apply it to any additional livery for the BBS mod version - all fixed. 👍

BEFORE
View attachment 953973

AFTER
View attachment 953974

Think I'll give myself a beer... :lol:

Attachments

• Screenshot_gtsupreme_porsche_961_gb_halle_saale_schleife_1-8-120-21-31-50.png
    Screenshot_gtsupreme_porsche_961_gb_halle_saale_schleife_1-8-120-21-31-50.png
    93.6 KB · Views: 23
Damn, you might be good at making a Navigator_StyleMercedes for CSP applied to ALL modern Mercedes cars...:lol:

You gave me an idea! The Brabus Rocket dash wasn't all that to me so let's see if I can make it a bit better.

Before
upload_2020-9-1_15-49-11.png

After about 5 min of work. Textures are still the same quality since I just did some tiny texture and light edits. Not even sure if my technique is OK to use
upload_2020-9-1_15-54-43.png

Hi gents and gals
Today, 3 street cars from the fifties:
Chevrolet Belair 1957 sport coupé 235 manual 4 speed
Chevrolet Belair 1957 sport coupé V8 manual 3 speed
Chevrolet Belair 1957 sport coupé V8 with overdrive

50289183823_f8e4cf4ed7_b.jpg

Most of the files in data folder were updated (too lazy to listing that...)
All data's come from these pages:
https://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/1957/350195/chevrolet_bel_air_sport_coupe_235_overdrive.html
https://www.automobile-catalog.com/...-8_corvette_ramjet_fi_283-hp_close-ratio.html
https://www.automobile-catalog.com/...r_sport_coupe_283_v-8_corvette_overdrive.html
that reminds me my father's chevrolet and the music of his V8 in 1959/1960 (ah... nostalgia...)
Download 3 in 1:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/xd8q396u4gn47ax/3chevrolet_belair_1957.7z/file
Have a nice day... or night for those living down under :lol:
Mike

Does anyone know why Content Manager completely crashes and closes when I try to open the 235 variant in the custom showroom ? There's no problem with the other two variants, and I can even open the 235 variant in the standard Assetto showroom.

IT's a MOMO Design MD2164SS-10 watch :crazy:

Thanks pugsang, bot no.

I will tell again.
This watch was a vectorized watch. Not a watch from GT Sport.

In my library, I have more than 10 different watchs I had vectorized, as Ferrari, Choppard, Rolex, Patek Phillipe, Lorus, Breitling, Blancpain, Richard Mille, Bell & Ross, BRM, Omega, Tag, Tissot, Longines, Swatch, Seiko, Certina, Hublot, [*******] <---- The * are not the same as the watch number of letters brand. Etc....

When I reveal the brand you will see that it was always there.;)

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back