Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,751 comments
There was no good evo x lancer,only a few bad versions,so I took all 4 versions I had and put together one good one,or at least I think so....
(physics,tyres,shaders my own).I have included myself as an author because of my pioneering project ;)

View media item 67603
Version 1.0 shows a completed model, completed physics, painting and shader, although I don't rule out newer versions, so if you want to download the base model and have fun improving it :cheers:

evo_x_fq400.rar - 75.5 MB

Have Fun This Night :gtpflag:
Really nice job!
Hope you don't mind but before you do the LoDs I tweaked the driver's position so he holds the wheel better through more of the wheel's rotation (he sat a little high before and his hands started floating) and I also corrected the hand/wheel synchronisation in data/driver3d so the wheel no longer slides through his hands.
All important stuff in VR... ;)
Full car v1.01:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/tm6ye849k4m9gi6/file

Mind Blown, Chicago Street at night is simply epic, made me forget what game I was playing for a while, never really a Grid fan but this track made me very nostalgic for Project Gotham Racing :cool::cool::cool: Excellent work by the team that put it together! 👍

Had to make a little clip, Win10 really needs share factory...

I know we have a dedicated video thread, but as there are still people questioning how accurate the new Bathurst is, there are doubts about the mesh, and so on, here a lap comparison for all those people. I know it's a video from 2007, but it has the best view from the window from what I could find on YT. And also these days they are doing 2.04, 2.05 lap times, and I'm only capable of doing high 2.08 for now. Anyway, not only are all the elevations, corners,... perfectly correct, but every f..... tree is in the right place. And if you look closely, all the bumps on the road are also there in real life, so the mesh is also perfect. What an amazing job from @Jimlloyd and everybody else from RT. Still blows my mind. Thanks again:

Teddie, can you improve this track for me?

View media item 67594
torkielce.rar - 108.3 MB

Looks like the person on Race Dept had plans to do more updates on the track, but hasnt been updated
since May 2019. Going to try the track tonight just to see what it is. I am not a track modder like Teddie
is though. Pictures of track on Race Dept look pretty good. Not a very long track from you tube videos.

Mind Blown, Chicago Street at night is simply epic, made me forget what game I was playing for a while, never really a Grid fan but this track made me very nostalgic for Project Gotham Racing :cool::cool::cool: Excellent work by the team that put it together! 👍

Had to make a little clip, Win10 really needs share factory...

Wait until you try it in VR..! ;)
There's a London track from Shift 2 converted to AC if you REALLY want some PGR 3 vibes.

I know we have a dedicated video thread, but as there are still people questioning how accurate the new Bathurst is, there are doubts about the mesh, and so on, here a lap comparison for all those people. I know it's a video from 2007, but it has the best view from the window from what I could find on YT. And also these days they are doing 2.04, 2.05 lap times, and I'm only capable of doing high 2.08 for now. Anyway, not only are all the elevations, corners,... perfectly correct, but every f..... tree is in the right place. And if you look closely, all the bumps on the road are also there in real life, so the mesh is also perfect. What an amazing job from @Jimlloyd and everybody else from RT. Still blows my mind. Thanks again:

Having been to bathurst ( mount panorama ) and been round the track in road car at road speed its very accurate all bumps and elevations are correct it just need a threw tweeks here & there and then its perfect.

Last update before TonyBaracuda make new interior in 961 LM

- New Shaders Settings
- New Sound
- Turbo pressure 100 percent

View media item 67575
gtsupreme_porsche_961.rar - 190.0 MB

View media item 67576
gtsupreme_porsche_961_bbs_turbo_wheels.rar - 178.3 MB

Have Fun !!

I think i did something completely immoral:

Screenshot_gtsupreme_porsche_961_bbs_turbo_wheels_grobnik_2-8-120-23-59-19.jpg

this car is really good, thanks to all involved.

Here’s a skins for a fictional black #180 961...

Attachments

• #180 1986 LM-1_INVERTED.zip
    611.1 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Wait until you try it in VR..! ;)
There's a London track from Shift 2 converted to AC if you REALLY want some PGR 3 vibes.

I'll be needing a bucket if I drive like that in VR, it went on for much much longer than 40 seconds :lol: Must switch idiot mode off to start with ;) Definitely interested in more street tracks, especially anything that gives a Gotham vibe :) Still miss that place ;)

One negative on Chicago, I did find the helicopter and trains a little overpowering in the replays, mostly fine when driving though.

TED-EDiTS: Zolder 67 (ted_zolder67_reworked) v09022020

Internal track TED-EDiTS by Teddie: Replaced ugly surrounding mountains object ● Removed and added tree objects ● Repositioned floating trees ● Replaced 2D bullhorns/poles with actual 3D models* ● Fixed bad texture mapping in grandstand area ● Replaced unauthentic signage ● Added GrassFx to config ● Added VAO patches ● Created 3 skin packages

Additional Credits and Thanks:
● New AI, track limits & UI-outlines, resized preview, geo tags by LiquidSkyMan
● Classic Balloons provided by Mascot
● Track logo, WaterFx, and Sections provided by Fanapryde
● Cameras by DaBaeda
● 3D bullhorns/poles by my son, Brandon

I'm trying MediaFire for a change: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4sr5t1y1ohumesr/ted_zolder67_reworked_v09022020.rar/file

View attachment 954759 View attachment 954760 View attachment 954761

This track has the best damn Bullhorns I've ever seen... :)

Thanks to Brandon!

I'll be needing a bucket if I drive like that in VR, it went on for much much longer than 40 seconds :lol: Must switch idiot mode off to start with ;) Definitely interested in more street tracks, especially anything that gives a Gotham vibe :) Still miss that place ;)

One negative on Chicago, I did find the helicopter and trains a little overpowering in the replays, mostly fine when driving though.
CSP audio tethering is kind of buggy (especially in replays) at the moment but will hopefully be resolved by Ilja in time. We'll probably update Chicago as and when it does, unless how it's currently set up then starts to work as designed.

Got around to compressing my AC files today. I'm not even halfway done and I've already saved almost 45 gigabytes. That's like an entire other game I can fit on my laptop now. If you haven't compressed your crap yet, do it. This is your daily reminder.

TED-EDiTS: Grobnik
I edited this track because the track itself is outstanding, but the terrain flickering was a big issue for me and I almost binned it because of it. Other people have mentioned the issue and I thought I'd share with you what I've fixed for myself.

EDIT: @Masscot mentioned the terrain looked flat in my prior update. He was right, so I decided to create a Google coordinate generated land mesh using RTB, so the mountain view now is how it actually looks from the track ;) - Thanks Masscot for giving me a little push. Updated screenshot at bottom of this post.

Original Author: Bojan Pintar
Conversion to AC: Mitja Bonca
TED-EDiTS by Teddie: Removed bad flickering terrain ● Replaced terrain with RTB generated terrain mesh ● Removed floating trees ● Added GrassFX ● Added VAO patch ● (Update Date: 09/02/2020)

Many thanks to @ales100i for his knowledge of the actual track. His testing and feedback were instrumental in me getting the look closer to IRL.

I'm trying MediaFire for a change: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mfg99qxv2slm06d/grobnik_tedits_09022020.rar/file

View attachment 954571
View attachment 954574

Teddie - Excellent update! Great attention to detail.

I am getting lower than expected framerates - have a 100hz monitor and dips into the 70's at times. Ideas? Thanks!

Hmmm, I have this track and gave it a good rating. I can't remember it though. I'd have to have a look at it one of these days.

I got a chance to look at Torkielce track tonight @Teddie and the Author has 3 maps that we can run on. Oval, Club, and Open. To me Open and Oval are essentially the same routes. What needs to be done with this track is to create better side lines and that would fix most the main track problems. The pits I didnt pay that much attention to other than the pit crews looked pretty close to each other so there may be some pit work. Starting grid looked good. Replay camera work needed.

The track does have some night lighting in place, but it is just casual lamp posts here and there that really dont light up the track that much and I think there was some pit lighting.

I did a couple of quick races on the Oval and even with the bad side lines, I had no problems doing races on the Oval. I didnt do the Club route casue with no side lines, there would be too many incidents. It is a pretty nice little track.

Now onto the WIP stuff. There is some extra interior trackage which some of it is also part of the 3 above and could be made into a Gokart config map. I see a cool route that could be made up for gokarts and still use the main straight and same starting grid.

4th possible map - The author had made a long offshoot route which goes back into the woods and then comes back in to the main trackage that is part of the first 3 config maps. This added long route needs allot of work by a full track modder which I am not, and fix the terrain and textures of that added route. The trackage is there, just allot of other work involved.

So essentially Torkielce track would be a nice track and could have at least 4 config routes with some work done on it. Sorry, but I have too many other things going on right now for me to get to this track, but at least I pointed out some things that could be done.

Last edited:
Call out for any additional support if required on your nashos venture - as you already know heavy condensation overnight with early morning dew - have a good ride

I finally bashed down the scan data to a mere 900mb by keeping only the road and 2m either side of it, its clean enough to not need additional help from a physicall ridden kml, some points are tree covered but, i can "extrapolate" through those sections. I decided to take of my jewellers cap and be a little more forgiving on myself in terms of precision, so I think a more effective workflow will be to use RTB to get a "general mesh" use its tools to lift and drop terrain until it roughly matches the scan info, then finish the rest of it in RTB. the trees still worry me because the assets in RTB ore, well, wanting, and the assets I can find free on the web are mesh models, not crossplane, so after saving on terrain mesh id simply be killing it with tree mesh.

In terms of your comment.. ya.. not to mention the moss/litchen growth near the edges, the road more dangerous for that is "Ten Mile" up the top end of Putty, which is ALSO a worthy AC track to make. I have thrown one of my bikes down on the green there, slipped in the road verge on the moss, that stuff is CRAZY slippery. skip into about the 7-8 minute mark and watch the road colour change from black to tinge green...
upload_2020-9-3_13-50-28.png

If there wasnt as much rockface etc, id have made this a project instead fo the nasho. but. baby steps. let me first figure out the trees i guess.

Good morning! I downloaded the Sin_Realistic_Showrrom but I get an error when I try to make new previews witj it. The error is "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED: Hardware device removed" The other previews works fine. Does anybody know how to solve this problem?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back