Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,753 comments
Hi gents and gals
I can't remember who wanted the BMW 3.0 CSL, but anyway here it is.

BMW 3.0 CSL author DV Gamemods

50307695971_015b78c2e0_b.jpg

Four liveries like in 1972 for the early carburated cars.
Many files in the data folder have been updated, physics, shaders to be in accordance with these sites:
http://www.zeperfs.com/fiche3929-bmw-3-0-csl.htm#Caractéristiques
https://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/1972/78275/bmw_3_0_csl.html
https://www.ultimatespecs.com/car-specs/BMW/1191/BMW-E9-30-CSL.html
https://bimmertips.com/bmw-e9-csl-3-0-oem-paint-color-options/

RWD
L6 3003cm3
naturally aspirated
manual 4 speed
200hp
272Nm
1165kg
220km/h
6.9s 0-100
6.25 kg/hp

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/uyuzsd1p8hkyqdj/bmw_30_csl_1972.7z/file
Have fun. Mike.

Last edited:
We're always open for constructive feedback and trying to improve our work, but framing hundredths of hours of work as 'fillers' I would consider rude to say at least....

Constructive criticism : why not choose another KPGC model for the ACL mod ? Your 'Fatboy' (GTR2 conversion?) isn't realistic at all - the race variant looked like this :

Nissan-Skyline-KPGC10-GT-R-hakosuka-05.jpg

Quite different isn't it ? Anyway. The only thing that truly irks me ahah. Still enjoy your mod, don't get me wrong.

In My latest track available on my Patreon feed I have really tried to push forward the 'natural' environment.

It's based on Cannock Chase, in Staffordshire, England. The fictional circuit was almost entirely dictated by the flow of the terrain, to create a really interesting layout, with some good elevation changes, but nothing too over the top.

video might be a little blurry until it finishes processing on Youtube.

View attachment 955405
View attachment 955399 View attachment 955400 View attachment 955401 View attachment 955402
View attachment 955406

It's perfect for Gt3 and Gt4 cars. Anything faster is probably pushing it a little.

View attachment 955403

Beautiful track

Constructive criticism : why not choose another KPGC model for the ACL mod ? Your 'Fatboy' (GTR2 conversion?) isn't realistic at all - the race variant looked like this :

Nissan-Skyline-KPGC10-GT-R-hakosuka-05.jpg

Quite different isn't it ? Anyway. The only thing that truly irks me ahah. Still enjoy your mod, don't get me wrong.

Thanks for your feedback! The first version AC Legends was done in collaboration with SmallBlock Hero somewhere in 2016 as far as I recollect. Not much vintage models in AC yet and we stumbled upon the Fatboy model together with some other 70's cars. We started reworking them, as many of this great community of GTP tend to do as well :) Selection of the Fatboy model was thus more opportunic then well chosen from a historic perspective. Would we've done it again 'from scratch' (as far as that definition counts for conversions anyway) I surely would have chosen your suggestion as well.

Currently we're working on an massive overhaul for the AC Legends GT cars, (All models updated to current state of CSP + wipers, lights etc and all physics rebuilt (now with suspensions from scratch and new tyremodel) but given the amount of work I dunno if we will add the above model as well. (A new 60's GTC pack will be added as well).

I'm very new to Assetto Corsa and this is my first racing game on PC since Live for Speed. I'm blown away. I bought AC on Xbox One and it fails to capture how beautiful this game is. Does anyone have a go-to reputable site where I can download mods?

As I said before, :gtplanet:. You will find many mods that are on a few mod sites. You will need to spend some time tho.

Another good fount of cars/tracks mods is,
Miscellaneous Minutiae
Mostly Assetto Corsa Mods.

https://perendinator.blogspot.com/?...BobsEpyIJXoGYrDxAEdXeEK0-jjR7R-Uby6YIh-JfuIAk

These along with what was sugested by some members, you will have many hours of work and some hundreds of mods to enjoy.

I bought the drm revival mod 1.2 early this year.I sent them an email on how to get the 1.3 update,but its been a few days without a response.
According to DRM website, they will send you an email notifying you of the update. I subscribed too and have not received any notification yet.

Thanks for your feedback! The first version AC Legends was done in collaboration with SmallBlock Hero somewhere in 2016 as far as I recollect. Not much vintage models in AC yet and we stumbled upon the Fatboy model together with some other 70's cars. We started reworking them, as many of this great community of GTP tend to do as well :) Selection of the Fatboy model was thus more opportunic then well chosen from a historic perspective. Would we've done it again 'from scratch' (as far as that definition counts for conversions anyway) I surely would have chosen your suggestion as well.

Currently we're working on an massive overhaul for the AC Legends GT cars, (All models updated to current state of CSP + wipers, lights etc and all physics rebuilt (now with suspensions from scratch and new tyremodel) but given the amount of work I dunno if we will add the above model as well. (A new 60's GTC pack will be added as well).

Oh my. So excited to hear this- I cannot wait. Hope all is well with you man

Ok, great.. and thank you.

I actually forgot to include the textures for the tires-dirt fix. I am cleaning the folder now (no tire or wing luts) and will run a final clean-up/addition before release. The Footwork and cars with speciality engines were the last cars I did and might have missed a few things. Cleaning up UI and some BoP if needed.
Some cars have a few extra kilos, some have more or less aero drag. All will probably hit unrealistic speeds with very reduced aero. Most of the back marker cars are indeed aero limited, mostly due to very low torque of engines optimised to run at 13000+ rpm.

Can someone run a few AI races and see how the cars finish in regards to historic accuracy? The Williams, Beneton and Ferrari should always be in the top... other cars were known to be 3 or more seconds off the pace per lap. Aero adjustments and some other handling characteristics can very well make the lesser cars compete at the top.

I leave it up to the end-user to decide how to run, I can only do so much.
Legend. I doubt many others would first jump into a Footwork. Thanks again, will keep an eye out for the clean up addition.

Quests to find a link and then a decryption key are a lot of fun and exciting!
But not everyone wants it, and not everyone can handle it :))
I could not complete this quest to the end, did not find the key, and apparently I will be left without a mod. Game over :)))

Quests to find a link and then a decryption key are a lot of fun and exciting!
But not everyone wants it, and not everyone can handle it :))
I could not complete this quest to the end, did not find the key, and apparently I will be left without a mod. Game over :)))

Once you have joined the server select the # mod-releases channel from the list on the left and click on the upper, blue colored MEGA URL address in the latest post.

This works as a general rule if you face the same difficulties with other MEGA links.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back