Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,748 comments
Sorta fixed RTM's Top Gear test track just want to say to the moderators here that this was a free mod its not payware.

it seems that the data folder was messed up now it doesn't crash anymore at start up. Would love to see someone of you guys improve it since i have no knowledge with tracks.
The track needs optimization since it takes forever to load it up including exiting the track.
Love the OLD Top Gear. Tried to create an early 2000s like photo but i think that i failed.
View attachment 956855

Thank you for this.
I guess it'll work with Foxeway's pit extensions, here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1075#post-13086845
And BTW he advises downloading Alekabul's mod too (Long Layout) before installing Foxeway's pit extension: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/top-gear-long-layout.28631/

I tried this out once before... there may have been some problems with it though. But I wasn't using the RTM version of Top Gear test Track

That black exhaust smoke sure looks goofy. It really should be reserved for the over-run, not whilst on-throttle. I am not sure if it can be configured that way (to display when off-throttle).

preview.jpg

Finally my prayers have been heard !!!

thx @GzeroD

He's got some interesting WIPs (Coda Lunga, Lotus 56...) there. So cool.

Keep up the good work Legion! Whats looks like a lot of interesting cars upcoming, also working on what looks like the Porsche 908/03 spyder from PC2, been waiting for someone to convert since recently there has been a influx of these cars coming to Assetto. Off all the 911 variants that get worked on, nice to see something a bit different. Only missing a good 904 now, considering there is a already an amazing sound mod for it on RD.

Attachments

• 619.jpg
    619.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 68
MY GT skins for people that don't have RD accounts has a request from ParanoidDoge. They will been batch release this way has and when I finish the both glass.

https://mega.nz/file/D9QUWa5b#ES5goY1hnCBoZ4JjGUnmAHslzpMr9-2T2n9r0IKyVeg - GT3

https://mega.nz/file/zoYEmQDb#RMxkX6KCfdDkp3krR9W0iB2bfWGPOrEloY1j-0dP8-w - GT4

I alos stopped using RD because adverts are one thing, understand they wanna get paid, but its overkill and beyond.. but, i figured out if you install adblock AND uBlock-Origin, point ublock at the ads and the ablock-blocker, elimiate them and cleans it right back up to being a usefull page. Works well for cleaning up most sites with that combo. Cant recall the last time I saw an ad or an antiadblock blocker.

I alos stopped using RD because adverts are one thing, understand they wanna get paid, but its overkill and beyond.. but, i figured out if you install adblock AND uBlock-Origin, point ublock at the ads and the ablock-blocker, elimiate them and cleans it right back up to being a usefull page. Works well for cleaning up most sites with that combo. Cant recall the last time I saw an ad or an antiadblock blocker.

It's not about ads but the fact that you cannot delete your 'work' once it's uploaded. Had a bit of a disagreement, got banned for 3 months (totally deserved though).

Yes was bit to much you got have fine balance of ads which are related to content of the site. I thing RD need a bit of re design regarding content on the site and remove what I would call the junk of site and remove unnecessary content regarding two/three mods for game thats not support by developed or the communicate . Has for the my skin I put them they because its go to place for AC content but in future I may setup a website for my skins go to.

It's not about ads but the fact that you cannot delete your 'work' once it's uploaded. Had a bit of a disagreement, got banned for 3 months (totally deserved though).

just drop a hint that your work "might" be ripped from someone elses work, that **** will be deleted faster than your butthole snaps closed after a big poo..

Last edited:
here you go. this is wildly incomplete.. jump in and finish if it you like.

DOWNLOAD: Tripoli/Mellaha wip.
Conversion from ??? in AMS without permission.

things left to do are:

- assign 1wall 1rumbl to some of the mesh (you can drive through the buildings walls etc)
- needs an invisible track barrier (ie you may go flying off the track into the nether)
- needs desert landscape dds skyline. my google fu was weak, if someone donates, ill add it.
- only has two pits and two cars, and a hotlap position, one timing gate.
- AI/Camera's are from donor kunos track folder, so no AI no Cameras.
- The texture colours mappings etc were all done in ext_config.ini so CM/CSP is a MUST.

-SO- for the guys that want to complete it,

The FBX and textures are in the track folder, "build files" for anyone else that wants to run with it and finish the track, needs someone a lot better at it than I am. As I have no permission and do not even know who to ask, if you want to complete it find out who did the original ams track and ask them, nor do I need/want to be listed as contributor, this was a learning exercise for me, you will note my video is unlisted. If original author is on here and does not want this track in AC, or wants attribution speak up.

low poly as well, so in some sections you can ONLY drive it with softly sprung cars, akin to the mess of of the RIO track from fm7 past the tunnel.. teeth chattering, bone jarring vibration in the wheel, and on hard suspensions, there will be suspension damage before the end of lap two.. CrewChief does NOT approve.. I tried to subdivide it but .. blender.. no can do, if no one else does it I will take mesh to my other cad program, convert from triangle to quad, subdivide X2 or 3 and bring back as triangle, mesh count is so low that even quadrupling it would have no impact on performance. and. colours on those damn palm trees..
View attachment 956862

What's the problem with subdivide mesh? It should works fine in order to improve the physical mesh

Keep up the good work Legion! Whats looks like a lot of interesting cars upcoming, also working on what looks like the Porsche 908/03 spyder from PC2, been waiting for someone to convert since recently there has been a influx of these cars coming to Assetto. Off all the 911 variants that get worked on, nice to see something a bit different. Only missing a good 904 now, considering there is a already an amazing sound mod for it on RD.

I found this is the same car ?

Thank you all for your opinions and advice.
Gustavo, mate, fellow argentinian here.
I gave horizon shades a try, but for some reason (I believe it had to do with getting very intense white colors ) reverted back to Sol_Extra.
In fact, I always revert to Sol_extra, so I'd say it's my favourite one.
Abrazo Ger

There's a discord site called PP Filter Central that has a few good filters. I always end up editing any of them to adjust for my preferred brightness/contrast and DOF, but two of my favourite starting points are:

i will try that

Try my "Shaft" PP
and that

It's a 908/03 all right, but Sim Dream trash converted from GTR2 (?), and Legion's WIP 908 seems to be converted from Project CARS 2. And as we know that Legion is releasing only excellent cars nowadays, I am the most excited person looking at that WIP-gallery... :drool:
the one in the video is a +15yo mesh (as is the SD one)

Update: LODs added to these wonderful trucks.

http://assettomods.com/v8-brutes-v1_3/

View attachment 956479

Edit: they’re Utes, not trucks! :banghead:
Had high hopes for these but aren't they pretty horrible to drive? It seems like there's something fundamentally wrong with the physics of the Ford, the way the wheel loads up when cornering and then oscillates like feck on exit. It's like some suspension components are on upside down or something.

For Friday evening, I present the car that was hanging over my bed on a poster between the Ferrari F40 and Lamborghini Diablo ....

Aston Martin V8 Vantage V600

View media item 67907
It still requires interior work, but you have to devote a lot of time to it, so what I did right away has to wait for the rest.

The original author is unknown to me, I've been correcting it a few hours a day for the last 6 days,

-Changed track width
-Changed suspension settings
-Changed tyres size
-Changed tyres 3d model
-Changed tyres settings
-Changed wheels size
-Changed brakes settings
-Changed brakes calliper position
-Changed brake disc texture
-Changed brake disc 3d model
-Changed engine power & torque
-Changed gearbox settings
-Changed sound to the real V8 with mechanical compressor
-Changed texture defrost lines in front headlight
-Changed texture in front headlight
-Changed ABS and TCS setup
-Changed flames settings and position
-Add darker glass in front headlight
-Add glass in gauges
-Add AO in body
-Add AO in wheels
-Add front&rear UK number plate
-Add New Color Skins
-Add New Lether Skins
-Add light in dashboard
-Add few options from Csp
-Add real description
-Revised car shaders
-Revised tyres shaders
-and many more.....

I think that today it is the best Vantage V600 we have in Assetto Corsa.

Have fun.

aston_martin_v600.rar - 43.8 MB
Thanks!
One immediate detail: UK number plates are yellow at the back but white at the front.
;)

This is my first original track release. I've really wrestled with myself about posting it because I'm so self-critical. Not sure if it's any good, definitely not really finished. Constructive feedback is very welcome. Uploading to Race Department after a few days of you guys trying it out here on GTP. Thanks to Tyrone and Gutbomb for dealing with all my questions ;)

littlebaja promo screen v0.96.jpg

Little Baja - Baja County Muncipal Raceway v0.96 (Updated)

Fictional track designed and created by Teddie Tapawan.

Additional Credits and Thanks:
* Shared X-Packs by Tyrone and Gutbomb
* Grass textures by Mike08
* Balloons by Mascot

long.JPG
short.JPG

Version History:

Little Baja v0.96
=================
* Fixed non-functioning PIT lane
* Fixed AI for both layouts
* Added tyre barriers on deep drop offs on both layouts
* Added marshals to pit area
* Changed shader/lightened road textures
* Recreated VAO patch to account for added objects
* Removed VAO patch on layout barrier kn5's
* Update preview pic with new screenshots of new pavement
* Removed unneeded temp folder
* Update README.txt

Little Baja v0.95
=================
* Initial release

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wzne8de6at9ggts/ted_little_baja_v0.96.rar/file

Please let me know about any bugs.

Last edited:
Anyone using KsEditor have an issue when loading the persistence file, it doesn't set the values you've set for alphas?
It's been a bug since day dot. I have yet too find a suitable workaround

The problem only effects ksperpixel. If you add ksperpixelnrmlmap.. The persistence file will remember it...

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back