Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,802 comments
Can someone share f2 2019 season skins??? I remember that a skinpack was released on RD but now has been erased. If someone has this skinpack, please share It

This might be a bit off-topic but who here has heard of SuperStars: V8 Racing?
Superstars_V8_cover.jpg

The game was released in 2009 in Europe (2010 in the states), developed by Milestone and Published by Black Bean Games; both based on the now-defunct SuperStars/EuroV8 Series. The cars may look similar to the Australian V8 Supercars on the surface but are much more open in terms of car layout, making them more similar to cars in the SP8/SP8T Category of the VLN:
  • Cars must be based on a production vehicle that can hold 4 adult passengers
  • Minimum displacement of 3800cc with no upper limit
  • Forced induction permitted if production model has it fitted
  • H-Pattern manual gearbox or governing-body approved sequential gearbox only; full-auto and semi-auto banned
  • All-wheel-drive permitted if production model has it fitted
  • Base car can either be a 2-door coupe or 4-door sedan
Even though the models from this game are 10+ years old, I think if they were ported to Assetto Corsa these cars would be an interesting drive,
Sadly with the series having folded back in 2013. and the Wayback machine not having an archived PDF of the technical regs for the series stored it's going to take quite a bit of guesswork from the original game into AC's physics (unless someone still has the specsheets or technical readouts for these cars by some miracle).

I was a Race official for last round they ran in UK see what I can dig up from my archive. I know they were run by Italian organise that also FIM World Super bike Championship till it was sold in 2007. After the shutdown of the promoter SWR its was then re-brand has eurov8 series in 2015 but the series was cancel.

tech regs attach file from 2011 running of the series

Audi rs5 spec - http://www.audisportitalia.it/articolo.php?id=744
Chrysler 300c srt8 zakspeed - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/chrysler-300c-srt8-zakspeed-superstars-2008.317125/

Attachments

• RT_SUPERSTARS_ENG.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
@gutbomb i was trying to make replay cams for Carolina Motorsport Park, but once extracted the .fbx, when i was loading on KS editor, it report an error and there's no way to open it. Can you check please? It's a cool track that deserves replay cam if i don't know if i will find time to make them for every layout :)
Thanks

This might be a bit off-topic but who here has heard of SuperStars: V8 Racing?
Superstars_V8_cover.jpg

The game was released in 2009 in Europe (2010 in the states), developed by Milestone and Published by Black Bean Games; both based on the now-defunct SuperStars/EuroV8 Series. The cars may look similar to the Australian V8 Supercars on the surface but are much more open in terms of car layout, making them more similar to cars in the SP8/SP8T Category of the VLN:
  • Cars must be based on a production vehicle that can hold 4 adult passengers
  • Minimum displacement of 3800cc with no upper limit
  • Forced induction permitted if production model has it fitted
  • H-Pattern manual gearbox or governing-body approved sequential gearbox only; full-auto and semi-auto banned
  • All-wheel-drive permitted if production model has it fitted
  • Base car can either be a 2-door coupe or 4-door sedan
Even though the models from this game are 10+ years old, I think if they were ported to Assetto Corsa these cars would be an interesting drive,
Sadly with the series having folded back in 2013. and the Wayback machine not having an archived PDF of the technical regs for the series stored it's going to take quite a bit of guesswork from the original game into AC's physics (unless someone still has the specsheets or technical readouts for these cars by some miracle).

Amazing variety field of cars. I have the PC game. And I remember to watch all races in Motors TV.
One of the many tittles Pedro Lamy have, is on this series, driving a Jaguar by the time.

I kinda recreated this series in AC, although all cars being street versions, but the fun is there anyway.

68po.png

:)

For the car modders. (with AC and rf2), id like to go the other way to port changes in the AC version of eastern creek to the rf2 version. I am on several rf2 groups, but tutorials are few and far between, tools and links are nearly all dead, (most seem to use an 8 year old version of 3dsmax that you would have to get cracked its so old), there does not seem to be a single cohesive "howto" for editting tracks AC>>RF2. Sorry to ask this OT on this forum, but seems other forums are dead, or not willing to share, perhaps you have the tools from the long lost dead links? TIA

Software I DO have, in case its relevant.

RaceTrackBuilder, Blender, Rhinoceros3D, MeshMixer, 3DCoat, 3dsimedV3, paint.net

Last edited:
"nobody" wanted me to post this: Motodrome Lago Maggiore
8 layouts (4 plus 4 reversed), GP layouts with 2 drs zones, gts conversion, have fun!
View attachment 956227

edit: if you get errors with flags, just download again and overwrite, file got updated...
(or remove [WIND] section at beginning of "extension\ext_config.ini")

Thanks for this, one of the best looking tracks I've seen in AC. I'm suprised by how few posts there are here about it.

One problem is my game crashes when cycling through F3 key replay cameras.

good afternoon.

It is very difficult for those who improve tracks, to add these loopholes on circuits like Mugello?
(I swear I tried to work in 3D but it was impossible)

1599665739_950626_1599665938_noticia_normal_recorte1.jpg
alfa-romeo-gp-toscana-f1-2020-viernes-soymotor.jpg

the track cunos has the grass immediately after the kerbs

recently i have tested some legion cars. GT1 and Super Silhouette (Group 5). Comparing it to competitors from Kunos and to real lap time of the car on the chosen track. And i have made conclusion, that Legion do a not good job about technical parameners, aero settings, and some engine incorrections. So i think its okay to take 3D model and make better version of the car, but not using it directly -> because its absolutely fantasy
But I'm right here and comments are open on the Blog. If any car is not within the envelope of what you consider 'real' then perhaps you could ask me to look at it or offer a reason as to why it is like that.
Remember I don't make 'the' car, I make 'a' car other wise half the stuff on my Blog would either break down during the race or not even start it in some cases.

The GT1 cars for example are roughly BOPped to run together in a carset or to be used for leagues. OTTH they run the same pace as the Kunos Porsche???

Last edited:
View attachment 957300 View attachment 957301 View attachment 957302 Did anyone see this?
Fuego Retro Digital Pack

Fuego Retro Digital Pack - AC

26 modelos diferentes desde 1985 hasta 1994 GTX – GTA
Variantes de:
Carrocerias
Frentes
Llantas
Escapes
Alerones
Gomas
Interior
Detalles menores (Insignias, ganchos, logos etc)
+ 30 pinturas/skins
Luces
Animaciones
Instrumentales

$ 5,250 Argentine pesos, something like 52 Dollars. Really? My God
Todavia tengo las fotos cuando la vi por primera vez en Gral roca, que maquina aunque estan locos x el precio!!

no idea if this is redundant to what is floating around...
http://www.mediafire.com/file/52ixe3c7i8eqk13/JGTC_2000_Cars.zip/file

other errata:
CIRCUITO LLUCMAJOR / RENN ARENA

[/MEDIA]

Word of warning for downloaders: The JGTC 2000 mod cars have no skins. None. (Which makes them a bit useless.)

(EDIT Update: Link to skins two posts below. Thanks to whereSTheFUhd. 👍)

And the Renn Arena track hard crashed AC for me twice and corrupted some things in my documents folder on the way out. So, straight into the trash for me.

Last edited:
Can someone share f2 2019 season skins??? I remember that a skinpack was released on RD but now has been erased. If someone has this skinpack, please share It

not sure if this is what you´re looking for
https://mega.nz/file/kvwxDbKY#Ie5uGRHQLf86vd1wYJvHnouPE4QK97_BQmhdvlqzG4E

For the car modders. (with AC and rf2), id like to go the other way to port changes in the AC version of eastern creek to the rf2 version.

Im on the same place as you, want to port some tracks but not entirely clear on the process yet.
The dev guide was recently updated, this could be helpfull too: https://forum.studio-397.com/index....ow-they-interact-with-real-road-effect.66953/ Also, might be easier to get help on ISR.
3dsimed can export to rf2 GMT, but if it doesn´t work then look for the blender to rf2 exporting tools on the forum; they´re outdated but you'll need them if you dont want to use 3dsMax.

Last edited:
Word of warning for downloaders: The JGTC 2000 mod cars have no skins. None. (Which makes them a bit useless.)

And the Renn Arena track hard crashed AC for me twice and corrupted some things in my documents folder on the way out. So, straight into the trash for me.

That JGTC Pack was specifically packaged to accompany a JGTC Skin Pack by enkay74, which you can find here:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/jgtc-2000-season-skin-pack.22200/

As a side note, for those that don't already do so, whenever possible, it'd be nice if people try to include sources for mods (specifically, the original site from where it was sourced, along with the original link, mod author, version number, update date, etc.), rather than just posting random new, separate links with no information about the mod. Likewise, if someone is uploading a mod that he or she has edited, modified, updated him or herself.

Assuming one's intention in posting links is to be helpful to the community, providing such information is particularly helpful for people to identify whether any particular mod is in their library, has or has not been updated, has all of the associated supporting mods, etc.

What do you guys think of this fast/longer route I added to Little Baja on the right of the pic? I tried one to the left, but there were way too many steep elevation changes on that side. But I think the right side currently has some nice elevation changes without being to rollercoastery.

I got rid of the cars and parking lots for now. They were bugging me. Not sure if they were bugging anyone else.... I don't know what I'll re-do with that...

upload_2020-9-12_23-34-51.png

But I'm right here and comments are open on the Blog. If any car is not within the envelope of what you consider 'real' then perhaps you could ask me to look at it or offer a reason as to why it is like that.
Remember I don't make 'the' car, I make 'a' car other wise half the stuff on my Blog would either break down during the race or not even start it in some cases.

The GT1 cars for example are roughly BOPped to run together in a carset or to be used for leagues. OTTH they run the same pace as the Kunos Porsche???

Just out of curiosity - who did the test driving? Was it somebody who is fairly competent and consistent across a whole bunch of different cars and disciplines? I ask because I've also found much of your cars far too grippy - even compared to the original rFactor versions in the case of the Voiturettes and a few of the other ports from older games.

Just out of curiosity - who did the test driving? Was it somebody who is fairly competent and consistent across a whole bunch of different cars and disciplines? I ask because I've also found much of your cars far too grippy - even compared to the original rFactor versions in the case of the Voiturettes and a few of the other ports from older games.

seems you you stop using his cars, that will FIX YOUR problem.

Just out of curiosity - who did the test driving?
Me
Was it somebody who is fairly competent and consistent across a whole bunch of different cars and disciplines?
I'm sure I wouldn't know
I ask because I've also found much of your cars far too grippy - even compared to the original rFactor versions in the case of the Voiturettes and a few of the other ports from older games.
OTTH the Voiturettes use the Kunos Maserati 250F tyres adjusted a little so they overheat more. What and where could I find any information on making 'realistic' amounts of grip?

I don't know legion. You're the modder so that's your job to find out, isn't it? For somebody who's website tagline basically says "I don't need to ask permission for anything and can steal whatever I want" you sure seem to take a lot of pride in your work.

The cars really aren't balanced or accurate from what I've experienced. Maybe you could work on them and improve a little? Don't take it personally but most of the other free/reworked stuff on GTP is far better than anything on your blog. I'm not sure if you just enjoy putting out substandard work or it's the "Collecting" aspect of ripping as many mods as you possibly can that you find enjoyable about modding. But some people want an immersive drive. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

I wasn't being sarcastic Ted, that was a genuine question. For you too react as such smacks of prejudice and I fear some other parts of the broader community have been getting to you. I had thought we would be on the 'same' side but after letting me know you think so little of me I guess all I can do is ignore any of your comments or inputs as you don't seem willing to discuss them anyway.

AAAAAARGHHHH! I really really dislike people that just criticise other peoples work and don't offer any constructive criticism. If there is something you don't like don't use it or change channel on the tv, radio etc. Be thankful that there are a bunch of people that are willing to put many hours of their free time into making stuff for others to enjoy. Again, if you don't like something, DO NOT use it.

To all of you that contribute to this forum in a positive way, Thank you!

Last edited:
I don't know legion. You're the modder so that's your job to find out, isn't it? For somebody who's website tagline basically says "I don't need to ask permission for anything and can steal whatever I want" you sure seem to take a lot of pride in your work.

The cars really aren't balanced or accurate from what I've experienced. Maybe you could work on them and improve a little? Don't take it personally but most of the other free/reworked stuff on GTP is far better than anything on your blog. I'm not sure if you just enjoy putting out substandard work or it's the "Collecting" aspect of ripping as many mods as you possibly can that you find enjoyable about modding. But some people want an immersive drive. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

i respect your opinion but i think you are just a little bit too harsh...
Atleast @GzeroD is putting in effort to making them look and drive good not like other modders.. and remember you are getting everything for free unlike other "modders" who "steal" mods (simdream,rtm) . so if you dont like it just ignore his blog mate.

iam having tons of fun with his cars , and he is filling quite a niche with his cars, i didnt see them everywhere else. so that alone makes him one of my favorites.

Have a nice day everyone.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back