Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,807 comments
Hi all,

Lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala

tenor.gif

https://perendinator.blogspot.com/?...BobsEpyIJXoGYrDxAEdXeEK0-jjR7R-Uby6YIh-JfuIAk

Zero is a jolly good fellow.:cheers:

preview.jpg

My 1930 car collection is quite big now, time to race at Tripoli. Waiting for last touches at Tripoli. :cheers:

recently i have tested some legion cars. GT1 and Super Silhouette (Group 5). Comparing it to competitors from Kunos and to real lap time of the car on the chosen track. And i have made conclusion, that Legion do a not good job about technical parameners, aero settings, and some engine incorrections. So i think its okay to take 3D model and make better version of the car, but not using it directly -> because its absolutely fantasy

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yy4901q9xszvnwf/Marcas+Revisions+1.5.zip/file

Here I have version 1.5 of my Marcas revisions; now featuring adjustable anti-roll bars, adjustable toe angles and adjustable packer ranges.

Two issues as noted in the changelog are that the front camber angles in the tuning settings are desynced with the in-game physics by about half a degree. I have compensated for this but I might need help getting these figures properly corrected.

The other issue might just be from me being used to the older suspension builds as well as my inexperience with suspension editing, but the handling can potentially be quite difficult to use in the default setup.

If anyone knows how to fix the discrepancy in the camber values I'd greatly appreciate it.

Anyone know why your ghost just randomly disappears after a few laps while hotlapping? I'd like to race against it on every lap, not eventually realise it's packed up and gone home without telling me.
No idea; if I had to guess it might have something to do with how the lap ghosts of your current session are cached but for all I know I'm talking out of my @$$.

Hi! I found a mod that I really like driving(Mustang Cobra SCCA), but it has one issue that kinda ruins it for me.
It has no adjustable brakes and they lock up way to easily.
In the setup options there is no GENERIC tab with the BRAKE POWER & BRAKE BIAS option. (pic1)
I would like it to look more like (pic2) from the Kunos Corvette C7R car.

How do I do that? Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot (125).png
    Screenshot (125).png
    86.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot (126).png
    Screenshot (126).png
    123.1 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot (125).png
    Screenshot (125).png
    86.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot (126).png
    Screenshot (126).png
    123.1 KB · Views: 35
For Friday evening, I present the car that was hanging over my bed on a poster between the Ferrari F40 and Lamborghini Diablo ....

Aston Martin V8 Vantage V600

View media item 67907
It still requires interior work, but you have to devote a lot of time to it, so what I did right away has to wait for the rest.

The original author is unknown to me, I've been correcting it a few hours a day for the last 6 days,

-Changed track width
-Changed suspension settings
-Changed tyres size
-Changed tyres 3d model
-Changed tyres settings
-Changed wheels size
-Changed brakes settings
-Changed brakes calliper position
-Changed brake disc texture
-Changed brake disc 3d model
-Changed engine power & torque
-Changed gearbox settings
-Changed sound to the real V8 with mechanical compressor
-Changed texture defrost lines in front headlight
-Changed texture in front headlight
-Changed ABS and TCS setup
-Changed flames settings and position
-Add darker glass in front headlight
-Add glass in gauges
-Add AO in body
-Add AO in wheels
-Add front&rear UK number plate
-Add New Color Skins
-Add New Lether Skins
-Add light in dashboard
-Add few options from Csp
-Add real description
-Revised car shaders
-Revised tyres shaders
-and many more.....

I think that today it is the best Vantage V600 we have in Assetto Corsa.

Have fun.

aston_martin_v600.rar - 43.8 MB

Thanks so much for this!

... It has no adjustable brakes and they lock up way to easily.

You need to extract data.acd and then add the following in data\setup.ini :

Code:
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////
;GENERIC
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////

[FRONT_BIAS]
SHOW_CLICKS=0
TAB=GENERIC
NAME=Brake Bias
MIN=50
MAX=80
STEP=1
POS_X=0.5
POS_Y=0
HELP=HELP_BRAKE_BIAS

[BRAKE_POWER_MULT]
SHOW_CLICKS=0
TAB=GENERIC
NAME=Brake power
MIN=80
MAX=100
STEP=1
POS_X=0.5
POS_Y=1
HELP=HELP_BRAKE_POWER_MULT

It should work :-P

Thank you thank you all for the valuable feedback so far! I was sitting here reading your comments on Little Baja and telling my wife, "My guys on here really help me out a lot!"

Yes, they are the bits I was referring to Teddie.

Xezez, got it. I think I might leave those and take masscot's suggestion below. see below.

Great job so far @Teddie!
To echo some earlier comments about the layout, it does feel a little like a test track/handling course at times with no real opportunity to stretch your legs, probably more suited to slower cars (like the Abarth 500s, perhaps). But instead of altering the current layouts why not keep them intact as the medium/short ribbons and add a third longer/faster variant that shares some of the corners? There's an opportunity afforded here to add a tunnel or bridge or overpass as well for a bit of variety. Just an idea.
A few other observations from this opinionated oaf:
Hardly any track assets cast shadows, which is pretty vital for grounding them and helping with a realistic look.
Desert environments can look extremely barren and bland (like deserts!) but can be broken up with rocks, scrub, bushes etc.
The Tannoy posts in front of the grandstands look too substantial for their purpose, like RSJs sunk into the ground rather than the more slimline Tannoy posts you have elsewhere on the track.
Check the scaling of some assets like bridge stairways - if these look too big and bulky it can look like they've just been grabbed from a 3D warehouse and airdropped in. Everything should look like it belongs.
Maybe add some more tree variation, especially some desert-specifc shrubbery?
The asphalt texture looks good but would be enhanced with a subtle groove and skidmarks in appropriate locations.
Reverse layouts are always nice on fictional tracks and add a lot more asphalt for relatively little work.

Again, great job so far! I'm sure you'll take these comments in the spirit with which they were delivered - I wouldn't have spent time replying if I didn't think the track had great potential to be even better and you had the skills to do it.

@Masscot, really awesome feedback. Thank you. I'm taking it all into consideration. And your idea about 'adding' a longer/faster variant is brilliant. I am going to do just that!

For your first track, i have to say, very nice work!
Feedback for the flow of the track is already here. And i got problems in my first run in track day with the AI on 0.96.
Cars are stuck everywhere on the track, with AI flood activated.
As i am a graphics guy, at first i would match the colors of the ground with the trees a bit
and plant some little bushes all over the terrain.

I especially like all the little hills and the terrain itself, just nice!
Thank you Teddie, i guess there went away more than 100hours of work?!!
Now i go back on your track again!

View attachment 957222 View attachment 957223 View attachment 957224

Mike, thank you for this feedback and the bug report. It wasn't too many hours, but I released it to get feedback because I was getting kind of 'stale' on working on it, if you know what I mean. I just kept kind of looking at it uninspired after a while. I needed to hear what you guys had to say. So helpful to me. Also thank you for the nice screenshots :)

Whatever you decide @Teddie , but I also do like the way the track is now and keeping this version. Makes a nice challenging club type track and I can do many of my cars I use on this track. I have done GT, F1, and some slower cars and seem to do fine for me. Track graphics look very good in VR. I see also this track would work good for Gokarts which I do. But this is my own opinion.

dathyr, thanks man. I'm going to keep the current layouts as they are but I'm going to add the faster/longer variant as masscot suggested. Really excited to do that. :)

@Teddie will send you something later, check your PM. :cheers:
View attachment 957264

Mike, thanks again. I replied. You are very kind to do that for me.

More updates to come guys. Rock and roll! Cheers!

Last edited:
Anyone else having issues with the Nordschleife track with modded cars. Had a full 15 cars of GT3 cars on track, some kuno cars and some modded and everytime I am in setup screen adjusting setting, it would boot me out back to content manager and there would be no error and just said race cancelled. If I don't do set up and go straight into the race then all would be working...really strange. On the latest CSP 0.1.63 preview 32, tried different CSP version still doing the same thing. Seems to be limited to Nordschleife track for some reason

118710228_2595641907354708_1408455843665709110_o.jpg 118765990_2596513120600920_3358820044323930441_o.jpg 118787696_2596513110600921_8698540040415308138_o.jpg Did anyone see this?
Fuego Retro Digital Pack

Fuego Retro Digital Pack - AC

26 modelos diferentes desde 1985 hasta 1994 GTX – GTA
Variantes de:
Carrocerias
Frentes
Llantas
Escapes
Alerones
Gomas
Interior
Detalles menores (Insignias, ganchos, logos etc)
+ 30 pinturas/skins
Luces
Animaciones
Instrumentales

$ 5,250 Argentine pesos, something like 52 Dollars. Really? My God

View attachment 957300 View attachment 957301 View attachment 957302 Did anyone see this?
Fuego Retro Digital Pack

Fuego Retro Digital Pack - AC

26 modelos diferentes desde 1985 hasta 1994 GTX – GTA
Variantes de:
Carrocerias
Frentes
Llantas
Escapes
Alerones
Gomas
Interior
Detalles menores (Insignias, ganchos, logos etc)
+ 30 pinturas/skins
Luces
Animaciones
Instrumentales

$ 5,250 Argentine pesos, something like 52 Dollars. Really? My God

what are they base on ie Vehicle manufacture

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yy4901q9xszvnwf/Marcas+Revisions+1.5.zip/file

Here I have version 1.5 of my Marcas revisions; now featuring adjustable anti-roll bars, adjustable toe angles and adjustable packer ranges.

Two issues as noted in the changelog are that the front camber angles in the tuning settings are desynced with the in-game physics by about half a degree. I have compensated for this but I might need help getting these figures properly corrected.

The other issue might just be from me being used to the older suspension builds as well as my inexperience with suspension editing, but the handling can potentially be quite difficult to use in the default setup.

If anyone knows how to fix the discrepancy in the camber values I'd greatly appreciate it.

where to get the original cars from mate?

what are they base on ie Vehicle manufacture

"Last but not least, clarify that our work, like that of our colleagues, demands a great amount of time and knowledge, sufficient reasons for followers, clients and colleagues themselves, to understand that each project in the which these two factors are reversed, has and must have a value. In Creole, work has a price, our work and that of colleagues, too."

Words copied and translated from your website / facebook.
Nothing different from what hundreds of modders do. The price is not justified from any point of view.

This might be a bit off-topic but who here has heard of SuperStars: V8 Racing?
Superstars_V8_cover.jpg

The game was released in 2009 in Europe (2010 in the states), developed by Milestone and Published by Black Bean Games; both based on the now-defunct SuperStars/EuroV8 Series. The cars may look similar to the Australian V8 Supercars on the surface but are much more open in terms of car layout, making them more similar to cars in the SP8/SP8T Category of the VLN:
  • Cars must be based on a production vehicle that can hold 4 adult passengers
  • Minimum displacement of 3800cc with no upper limit
  • Forced induction permitted if production model has it fitted
  • H-Pattern manual gearbox or governing-body approved sequential gearbox only; full-auto and semi-auto banned
  • All-wheel-drive permitted if production model has it fitted
  • Base car can either be a 2-door coupe or 4-door sedan
Even though the models from this game are 10+ years old, I think if they were ported to Assetto Corsa these cars would be an interesting drive,
Sadly with the series having folded back in 2013. and the Wayback machine not having an archived PDF of the technical regs for the series stored it's going to take quite a bit of guesswork from the original game into AC's physics (unless someone still has the specsheets or technical readouts for these cars by some miracle).

At the time I bought that game, I must have the DVD somewhere. You're right those cars would look great in AC.
To be honest I completely stumbled upon the Superstars racing category by accident while looking for cars to build replicas of in Gran Turismo 6 when that was still my sim of choice. I was browsing this site that was used to sell old race cars when I found a listing for one of the series' BMWs.

This might be a bit off-topic but who here has heard of SuperStars: V8 Racing?
Superstars_V8_cover.jpg

The game was released in 2009 in Europe (2010 in the states), developed by Milestone and Published by Black Bean Games; both based on the now-defunct SuperStars/EuroV8 Series. The cars may look similar to the Australian V8 Supercars on the surface but are much more open in terms of car layout, making them more similar to cars in the SP8/SP8T Category of the VLN:
  • Cars must be based on a production vehicle that can hold 4 adult passengers
  • Minimum displacement of 3800cc with no upper limit
  • Forced induction permitted if production model has it fitted
  • H-Pattern manual gearbox or governing-body approved sequential gearbox only; full-auto and semi-auto banned
  • All-wheel-drive permitted if production model has it fitted
  • Base car can either be a 2-door coupe or 4-door sedan
Even though the models from this game are 10+ years old, I think if they were ported to Assetto Corsa these cars would be an interesting drive,
Sadly with the series having folded back in 2013. and the Wayback machine not having an archived PDF of the technical regs for the series stored it's going to take quite a bit of guesswork from the original game into AC's physics (unless someone still has the specsheets or technical readouts for these cars by some miracle).

Someone converted these for GTR2 some years ago. Fun cars and I'd love to see them in AC.

Hello @TheRealCeeBee Great that you are continuing to work on the track. Curious question on your pit stalls. Are they located on the track side of the pit building or behind the pit building. Usually back then on some Historic/Retro tracks the pit stalls were located right along side of the track.
Anyway, good luck with the track.

I had a look at the online resources available for this track (nearly none) and decided to redo the terrain and track in RTB, from a track traced in google earth, a few things became apparent.

The track I am trying to fix is very wrong in terms of size and shape, and is nto accurate to terrain either, for example ther eis a significant "hill" section that is not present in the track. the other standout was that its pitlane is also wrong, its more like the one in image far right where the airport is now.

Anyhow, i am keeping the orginal assets (except the trees) and simply replacing the terrain/track.

upload_2020-9-13_6-10-38.png

of course there are no 90 year old sattelite photos of the track so its also possible the track has changed shape a lot. but you can see the big shape difference in the corners especially
upload_2020-9-13_6-14-25.png

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back