Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,754 comments
done a bit of testing in the new RSS (Ferrari) and I have to say its definitely a better car overall but to be perfectly honest I don't think the new RSS car was a car we really needed.. Not that the ASR car isn't any good and I have thoroughly enjoyed driving it around many tracks and will probably continue to do so. Each have their good and bad points. But yeah not particularly jumping out of my skin because of it.. Would have personally preferred to have the 643 but hey..

The thing is there are so many other great F1 cars through out history that could be done. When will someone have a proper go at the Tyrrell P34 (1976 version) which is my all time personal favourite. Or the Brabham BT46B fan car or one of the mid 80's Brabhams? Ligier JS11? Hunts McLaren M23? Lotus 72 to replace the bland Kunos version.. McLaren MP4/1? Ferrari 312 T3?. The (later rebodied) version of the Lotus 76 which is my all time favourite Lotus, Ferrari 156 or the F1-87 or F1-88? Benetton B194 or B195? The list can go on and on..

I don't have the means or the skills to create mod cars for any sim though I wish I could but I will say I do massively appreciate the cars the mod community does create. I just find it a little frustrating when a major player such as RSS spits out something we essentially already have even for a relatively modest improvement.

Deep Forest Track v1.2- now with both Smoothing and bumps for the track and everything else
Author DTM1120 - smoothing was provided linked to by portakal - organized track everything dathyr
So there are 4 maps - Forward Reverse smooth - Forward Reverse with bumps

Reason for this: The Author did not want to do a smooth version on RD.

All I did with the Deep Forest track is try to put everything together so that
both the Forward and Reverse directions have either a smooth track or with bumps
All updates are included - all on Race Dept.
Skins I found
balloons
cameras
AI done by someone on RD.

Note: there are graphics things such as signs for reverse directions that are wrong
the Author will have to fix that on Race Dept.

If you dont want the bumpy version of the track remove any file or complete folder that
has a "bp" in the name. This is for some that dont know how to put everything above together. Link is below

Last edited:
I just find it a little frustrating when a major player such as RSS spits out something we essentially already have even for a relatively modest improvement.

My thoughts exactly. That's why I'm happy RSS abandoned (?) their GT3-plans, not like we'd had shortage of those...

Anyway it's nice to see them do anything other than those modern formulas, which I am always having a real hard time to distinct from one another. Extremely well made cars but somewhat repetitive.

Haven't got that Formula 1990 yet, that era's F1 cars are ofcourse super-cool, but I wish they would have picked some other F1-legend to replicate, since ASR is doing a good job on early nineties (at least good enough for me).

Deep Forest Track v1.2- now with both Smoothing and bumps for the track and everything else
Author DTM1120 - smoothing portakal - organized track everything dathyr
So there are 4 maps - Forward Reverse smooth - Forward Reverse with bumps

Reason for this: The Author did not want to do a smooth version on RD.

All I did with the Deep Forest track is try to put everything together so that
both the Forward and Reverse directions have either a smooth track or with bumps
All updates are included - all on Race Dept.
Skins I found
balloons
cameras
AI done by someone on RD.

Note: there are graphics things such as signs for reverse directions that are wrong
the Author will have to fix that on Race Dept.

If you dont want the bumpy version of the track remove any file or complete folder that
has a "bp" in the name. This is for some that dont know how to put everything above together. Link is below

Thanks for the track but don't credit me please. I took an already smooth layout from the track's first version and added it as a layout to the next version. So we could retain the smooth track alongside of the new bumpy one. I didn't edit any kn5 file.

done a bit of testing in the new RSS (Ferrari) and I have to say its definitely a better car overall but to be perfectly honest I don't think the new RSS car was a car we really needed.. Not that the ASR car isn't any good and I have thoroughly enjoyed driving it around many tracks and will probably continue to do so. Each have their good and bad points. But yeah not particularly jumping out of my skin because of it.. Would have personally preferred to have the 643 but hey..

The thing is there are so many other great F1 cars through out history that could be done. When will someone have a proper go at the Tyrrell P34 (1976 version) which is my all time personal favourite. Or the Brabham BT46B fan car or one of the mid 80's Brabhams? Ligier JS11? Hunts McLaren M23? Lotus 72 to replace the bland Kunos version.. McLaren MP4/1? Ferrari 312 T3?. The (later rebodied) version of the Lotus 76 which is my all time favourite Lotus, Ferrari 156 or the F1-87 or F1-88? Benetton B194 or B195? The list can go on and on..

I don't have the means or the skills to create mod cars for any sim though I wish I could but I will say I do massively appreciate the cars the mod community does create. I just find it a little frustrating when a major player such as RSS spits out something we essentially already have even for a relatively modest improvement.

That's a fantastic point. I agree with you about amazing modding teams making the same car mod or similar. Also, a problem for simracing in general.

Also I have quite the concern in regards to GT3 cars like Huracan EVO and others, we need to have that though, since RSS did made it as WIP but not yet finished

My thoughts exactly. That's why I'm happy RSS abandoned (?) their GT3-plans, not like we'd had shortage of those...

Anyway it's nice to see them do anything other than those modern formulas, which I am always having a real hard time to distinct from one another. Extremely well made cars but somewhat repetitive.

Haven't got that Formula 1990 yet, that era's F1 cars are ofcourse super-cool, but I wish they would have picked some other F1-legend to replicate, since ASR is doing a good job on early nineties (at least good enough for me).

That's a fantastic point. I agree with you about amazing modding teams making the same car mod or similar. Also, a problem for simracing in general.

Completely agree, since I had speak about this theme a while ago.
They keep making the same over the same. Why they don't explore different mods?

For curiosity only, I really don't wow about this 90 RSS car (nothing new, really). It's almost the same as the 76 (with some tweaks), only the car shape is different.
And imho, it is like a one make race - same car with different liveries - and for that we have plenty.

My 1 and a half cents.

For curiosity only, I really don't wow about this 90 RSS car (nothing new, really). It's almost the same as the 76 (with some tweaks), only the car shape is different.
And imho, it is like a one make race - same car with different liveries - and for that we have plenty.

Could not agree more. Assetto Corsa is great because you can race nearly any car vs any car. But you do have issue with the one make race especially for open wheeler's.

Could not agree more. Assetto Corsa is great because you can race nearly any car vs any car. But you do have issue with the one make race especially for open wheeler's.

IMHO an even playing field for competitive online racing is fantastic, it really then comes down to the skill of the driver rather than the machine... unlike today's motorsports...

Zolder 2009 by RMi v0.90

Welcome to Zolder, Belgium 2009 for the first to play live from behind their PC’s directly against professional drivers who, at that very same moment, will be driving real GT cars on a real race track.

Source: Realtime Racing by Simbin
Conversion: RMi_wood
Tools: 3dSimed, paint.net, notepad (thats all)

Converted directly from RTR source for Assetto Corsa (I was a beta tester)
This is my first official conversion of a track to AC

Features:
- textures for most windows opened up for transparency*
- shadow casting and receiving for all TSO
- pits*
- custom surfaces*
- more shadows
- GrassFX*
- Lights/FX*
- did I mention all the shadows?

Caveats:
- AI**, Cameras**, Pits**, Timers** used from Zolder 2017 by Reboot Team

Todo:
- track needs expert help for **
- track needs expert attention for *
- TREES NEED SHADOWS, 2GRASS should be sand/grass
- 2 Billboards have see-through reverse sides

GTP community, please help with the above todo list so this can be released fully public
View attachment 959214 View attachment 959215 View attachment 959217 View attachment 959218 View attachment 959219
:: DOWNLOAD ::
- enjoy
*** easter-egg included
Wow, extremely well polished track. Brilliant work, and it's laser scanned, so very accurate (if I compare it to ACC version). I love it. Thanks. 👍

turn on simrig pc.. says to self "I'll just hop in GTP for a sec to see whats going on.."
upload_2020-9-21_18-13-26.png

didnt race at all....

That's... Quite a steep drop in total mass. Would setting it to 505kg make the cars still too heavy to keep up with the new RSS?
It might. 420 could be extreme, but it’s more realistic on track than the current 580. More comparative testing would need to be done, for them to match RSS.

Personally, I wish this was RSS 1989 instead, as 1989 is one hell of an ignored year for some reason.

I have been having this issue with a few tracks now, I think its the csp. in game change weather away to a different weather and back and it kind of resets, in my case its odder, race starts out to dark, and gets progressively brighter and brighter,or vice versa, starts out to bright and then gets darker, but the sky stays the same, initially thought it might be cloud cover shadow setting, but, it happens on clear weather as well.

You can adjust any post processing filter exposure as well, open it in game and drag exposure to your liking. (sometimes need to change away to a different pp filter and change back.

note clip, same weather al the time, massively different exposure settings, so sometimes i just hit it a few times in sol weather till i find what i like,.

Not on my PC right now, so I´m just guessing, but maybe you have a fixed exposure setting in your config? @Fall Guy ?
I never use SOL settings in configs as they imo overwrites user settings, but not verified yet either. :)

Guys, in ksEditor, is there a way to increase the viewport quality? All I ever see is this nightmarish version of any track I open up in kseditor.... looks like Silent Hill black and white, slender man...
Check the illumination and wether tab. There’s a colour filter option and a general colour option there too. I don’t know why it always defaults to foggy grayscale.

Completely agree, since I had speak about this theme a while ago.
They keep making the same over the same. Why they don't explore different mods?

I think they are playing it safe nowadays. RSS is putting so much time and effort to each of their mods that they need them to sell... I wish their next project would be Taunus/Cortina Mk4, but I would bet on a updated Formula Hybrid 2021. Because their modern formulas are for sure popular and will sell quite well. And nothing wrong in that.

Although with their reputation they would most likely cash in with anything. IMO their biggest contribution to the game is the GT-pack (hard to disagree, eh?); it includes wonderful cars (Viper, Lambo, Saleen) that were not represented in AC already "well enough". Nowhere near well enough.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back