Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,754 comments
RSS Formula 1990 V12 - SaS mod (Sparks and Smoke) by RMi v1.0

Adds extended sparks and smoke effects via CSP ParticlesFX
Mod provided as stand-alone *stage1 style or integrated into data for much more extended features *stage2/3

note: installation overwrites original files

*READ CAREFULLY*

Installation:
Preferred = Use JSGME or CM mod manager, enable your choice of stage
Manual = copy files from ONLY ONE of the stage folders to your AC installed location (or to JSGME)

Description:
Stage1
- simple "ext_config.ini", does not cause online mismatch but has only smoke and basic effects that are very low due to the height of the original collider

Stage2
- adds new collider to already extracted ./data folder
- adds new colliders for underbody and front winglets
- adds stage2 "ext_config.ini" for new colliders

Stage3
- adds stage2 effects but replaces "data.acd", does not add ./data folder (best for servers or offline play)

Screenshot_rss_formula_1990_spa_27-9-120-22-55-0.jpg

Attachments

• RSS_Formula_90 - SaS mod by RMi v1.0.zip
    66 KB · Views: 62
Sorry for the following silly question but when I update a track via Content Manager into the settings at the "track configs" or "track vao" section it adds the Rain FX or I need to get them separately?

Dear Masscot, I see where this error comes from, I drive without arms and sometimes without the steering wheel when it hides the dashboard. I will try to fix this but I don't have much experience
This might help:

The wheel/hand synch is in data/driver3d.ini
LOCK=360 is normally the correct value. Normally, but not always. But probably 95% of the time.
Example:
Code:
[STEER_ANIMATION]
NAME=steer.ksanim
LOCK=360

The type of shifter used is in data/drivetrain.ini in the 'SUPPORT_SHIFTER' line.
Example:
Code:
[GEARBOX]
CHANGE_UP_TIME=250                                ;change up time in milliseconds
CHANGE_DN_TIME=260                              ;change down time in milliseconds
AUTO_CUTOFF_TIME=250                        ;Auto cutoff time for upshifts in milliseconds, 0 to disable
SUPPORTS_SHIFTER=1                        ; 1=Car supports shifter, 0=car supports only paddles
VALID_SHIFT_RPM_WINDOW=800                    ;range window additional to the precise rev matching rpm that permits gear engage.
CONTROLS_WINDOW_GAIN=0.3                    ;multiplayer for gas,brake,clutch pedals that permits gear engage on different rev matching rpm. the lower the more difficult.
INERTIA=0.0180

Obviously if you are changing from a paddle shift to a gated shifter then you need to grab a gated shifter animation (shift.ksanim) from the 'animations' folder (in the main car folder) of a similar gated-shifter car and overwrite the existing paddle shift animation of your newly-modded car.
The timing of the shift is tweaked in data/driver3d.ini in this section:
Code:
[SHIFT_ANIMATION]
BLEND_TIME=100
POSITIVE_TIME=290
STATIC_TIME=102
NEGATIVE_TIME=290
PRELOAD_RPM=6800
INVERT_SHIFTING_HANDS=0

:)

Last edited:
Yeah probably assetto corsa is the best sim out there ... The only thing i like about ACC is it s GT3 Physics-- no other sim has ACC GT3 Physics

Yes, look how old Assetto Corsa, Rfactor 2, GTR 2, etc games are now. Newer games are always going to improve their features. Be thankful for all the great 3rd party modding groups out for Assetto Corsa to keep this game alive and fresh and is still going strong. I wish someone could also figure out how to do Rolling starts for single player AI mode, but that must be a tough cookie to tackle which would probably be a somewhat major game overhaul. But who knows.

Thanks mate - I guess I should have known that already as it wasn't explained? I used to load games from cassette tape, don't forget... ;)
1.6GB seems a lot for what's quite a simple track.

Haha me too. I remember my Atari 800xl and the good old days of 15 minutes of squealing noises and a 50/50 chance the game wouldn't load anyway. For some reason I discovered putting a heavy book on the tape deck would fix it ;)

But as i said, as long as all the files are together in the same folder you can just open the one that has the zip/rar extension and extract that one wherever.

I didn't even notice the size of the track folder lol, not had time to check it either yet. Hope it's a good'un

I finally released the Corrado! Love the car, learned a lot during making a mod and I had a lot of fun in the process! Next stop Delta Integrale!

View attachment 960990 View attachment 960991 View attachment 960992 View attachment 960993 View attachment 960994 View attachment 960997

Thanks very much for this, it's very nice indeed.
Those fancy refractive CSP lights unfortunately don't work in VR unless you close one eye, and even then they still look borked. Something to do with a second rendering pass needed, or something.
Bit of a long shot but is there any chance of getting a version with normal lights for VR users please? There's a lot of us out here..! ;)

Thanks very much for this, it's very nice indeed.
Those fancy refractive CSP lights unfortunately don't work in VR unless you close one eye, and even then they still look borked. Something to do with a second rendering pass needed, or something.
Bit of a long shot but is there any chance of getting a version with normal lights for VR users please? There's a lot of us out here..! ;)
Try 86ing the config first and see which you like better. It's basically all emissive lighting. If it's just the headlights and tail lights, the first section before it says "interior" you can get rid of. Obviously make a copy of the config first.

Sorry for the following silly question but when I update a track via Content Manager into the settings at the "track configs" or "track vao" section it adds the Rain FX or I need to get them separately?

All of the information for rainFX on any specific track is written in the config file for that track. The VAO file is for 'per-Vertex Ambient Occlusion', which is a fancy way of saying it makes shading nicer, but this has nothing to do with rain.

At this time, with or without a track config that includes rain FX parameters, the new rain 'stuff' is still only working on builds available exclusively to CSP Patreon supporters. A public release probably isn't too far away though.

As it's Sunday and there is a new Porsche 944 turbo cup on assettoland, and I already had physics ready for such a model, there is nothing left for me to do but to take a break from M2 (there is something fu....d up in physics) and improve the model released today.

Porsche 944 Turbo Cup

View media item 68525
-shaders updated
-suspension physics
-sound
-engine curves and torque
-updated turbo boost
-gearbox with only close final ratio
-updated livery icon
-added only white rims and white cages
-tires size
-updated colider
-ai fixed

porsche_944t_cup.rar - 56.6 MB

PS.I changed the monitor and I don't know if the texture of the interior is not too gray (too light), if someone would be able to write their opinion I will know how to set up my monitor optimally.Thanks !!!

Have Fun !!

I will do what I can to get a video of some test driving/an informal report out on the handling in case you need a reference. Have driven a handful of 944's on track IRL.

I am in the process of recovering everything lost from the broken hard disk, but send me photos and soon I can start working on that, I was updating the cupra according to the race this weekend and I also lost it

I can help you with 4 (5) of them. The others I don't have installed or stored...

1- Autodromo Ruta 2 Sudamericano = Autodromo La Plata: https://mega.nz/#!CaAWyKKJ!Lg7DdBBluyjAoHF_GgTADGVUZtWWjKz0XslgNVniJwM
2- Buenos Aires Oscar Y Juan Galvez: https://mega.nz/#!2xshAKjQ!UJYit1BSAfrNrsf8W8HMB9QS-0LIjqi9r_T3GzVApnU
3- Termas de Rio Hondo Argentina: https://mega.nz/#!OwZ31YbR!GNDUYg0I7hu-7nPEYbefdA814FVOqiU7UFv5O7HCJrk
4- La Pedrera San Luis Argentina

5- Roberto Mouras La Plata Argentina = see #1 (is the same track)
6- Autodromo Ciudad de Rafaela Argentina
7- Autodromo Sincordia Sudamericano = Autodromo Ciudad de Concordia: https://mega.nz/#!6TZ2HSYC!GoW_yVAoyFC3uraC0yfCfsCCFI341KGONmc8qbezlLY
hola amigo estan caidos los linksss donde puedo conseguir esos circuitos de argentina???

Thanks mate - I guess I should have known that already as it wasn't explained? I used to load games from cassette tape, don't forget... ;)
1.6GB seems a lot for what's quite a simple track.

Haha me too. I remember my Atari 800xl and the good old days of 15 minutes of squealing noises and a 50/50 chance the game wouldn't load anyway. For some reason I discovered putting a heavy book on the tape deck would fix it ;)

But as i said, as long as all the files are together in the same folder you can just open the one that has the zip/rar extension and extract that one wherever.

I didn't even notice the size of the track folder lol, not had time to check it either yet. Hope it's a good'un

Haha. You both just remind me about LOAD'''' Spectrum. :lol:

hola amigo estan caidos los linksss donde puedo conseguir esos circuitos de argentina???

Puedes buscar en la función de busqueda arriba - You can try to use the search tab.

Intenta hablar en ingles por favor, si no puedes, envia un mensaje privado a los qui hablan español - Try to speak english please, if you can't, send a PM to the members that speak spanish.

I'm a little late to the Content Manager, SOL and CSP party so am I right in saying that the only way to get a wet track is to use a CSP version which is exclusive to the creator's patreon page?

I can get rain on my windshield in cockpit view, but not rain in the game world and on the ground. I've tried finding the answer to this but from I've found, the information can vary and I've gathered that the only way to make the ground wet is to use the patreon CSP version.

Is this correct? Can someone put this to bed for me.

Thanks

EDIT: I don't mind paying for it to support the creator, I just wanted to confirm

Last edited:
I'm a little late to the Content Manager, SOL and CSP party so am I right in saying that the only way to get a wet track is to use a CSP version which is exclusive to the creator's patreon page?

I can get rain on my windshield in cockpit view, but not rain in the game world and on the ground. I've tried finding the answer to this but from I've found, the information can vary and I've gathered that the only way to make the ground wet is to use the patreon CSP version.

Thanks

Yeah, that's true, at least for now. You can have rain on the windshield and the spray from under the wheels.

Yes, look how old Assetto Corsa, Rfactor 2, GTR 2, etc games are now. Newer games are always going to improve their features. Be thankful for all the great 3rd party modding groups out for Assetto Corsa to keep this game alive and fresh and is still going strong. I wish someone could also figure out how to do Rolling starts for single player AI mode, but that must be a tough cookie to tackle which would probably be a somewhat major game overhaul. But who knows.

Agreed, an option to have rolling starts would be a fantastic mod if some genius could only figure out how... and a decent tire model as well, you know, tires that don't lose all heat 2 seconds after you leave the pits... Last time I checked, the rules of physics say a tire should heat up when it's rolling...

Thanks

EDIT: I don't mind paying for it to support the creator, I just wanted to confirm

Yes. As mentioned earlier on this very page, at present, the only way to get the full RainFX builds is to subscribe to the CSP Patreon:

https://www.patreon.com/x4fab/

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back