Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,990 comments
Screenshot_wlf_lancia_delta_hf_evo_fonteny_30-9-120-19-57-37.png

This beauty is coming really soon so better tighten your seatbelts guys :gtpflag:Also I've been thinking about making a funrace with this car once it's released, but I don't think I'll be able to make a server for us so if there's any Delta lover that is capable of making a server for us to race on then message me at the Discord ;)

Last edited:
Here it is guys! Post is from Assetto Corsa Mod Central facebook group

* * * * UPDATE* * * *
MERCEDES BENZ CLS63 W218 2017
Huge thanks to Jasper Opperman for doing the following changes:
- add ao
- tweak almost all shaders
– fixed data, now wheels are in correct place in game
- updated model for showroom, wheels now are in the same place in game and in showroom
- Changed a lot of interior textures and shaders
- Moved the left front door, now it's in the right location
- Removed some weird objects from the model that prevented the car from showing up in the custom preview
- Added different plate to all skins
- Made one dark greyish interior and one black
- Made the wipers black while keeping the chrome lip on the wheels

CAR LINK = https://drive.google.com/.../1Wxc.../view...

View attachment 968592

There is still something wrong with this.Something is touching the track and is scrubbing and scratching.Nice model though.

I see he's oversteering/ploughing the car on most of the turns, so the rotation is exaggerated a lot, but to some degree, this is dangerously loose for any car. I'm sure there's some variable steering rate, and it being a car without, or very little power assist, it should have a pretty firm center lock?
I've uploaded a new version of the car with fixed steering wheel parameters. Hope it is more drivable now. FFB has been increased and steer ratio decreased.

I've uploaded a new version of the car with fixed steering wheel parameters. Hope it is more drivable now. FFB has been increased and steer ratio decreased.

Much better now--about the way I would expect this car to drive, especially when you really push it.

Ok I sincerely don’t know how to fix this since I simply followed the classic AC guideline about mirrors ahah
I don’t know if there is any extra setting to touch just for VR users.

See this post for an ini file "quick-fix" for the flipped mirrors when using the Real Mirror extension. Though this is a solution that works, the mod itself should be updated so this isn't necessary--if someone can help you figure out how to fix it.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1366#post-13156839

For this quick-fix, it's important to first load the car, then adjust all the mirrors so a config file will be created for it, with settings for all the mirrors. Then you can add the FLIP=1 parameter-value to the mirrors that have this issue.

Here's the resulting settings in the fiat_panda_ie_ini file. You can see where the FLIP=1 has been added to mirrors 0 and 2.

[REAL_MIRROR_0]
FLIP=1
FOV=18
ROTATION=0.09,0

[REAL_MIRROR_1]
FOV=10
ROTATION=-0.1, -0.00999999

[REAL_MIRROR_2]
FLIP=1
FOV=19
ROTATION=-0.08, 0

Last edited by a moderator:
@hellothankyou I've just realised that the rain glass/wipers mod you did for the M5 pack stops direct sunlight from casting shadows in the cockpit.
I archived your modded M5s and redownloaded the originals from Assettoland again and sure enough, the original cars allow direct sun to cast shadows on the cockpit. In the modded versions there's just ambient light in the cockpit but no direct sun/shadow contrast.
Any ideas why that would be?
It can hopefully be fixed because shadows playing across the cockpit, dashboard, steering wheel etc is really important for realism and immersion.

Mmmm... makes me wonder now if ALL RainFX-prepped windscreens have this unfortunate side effect.
Edit: nope, the Kunos E30 M3 for example works with RainFX and has proper sunlight penetration.

Last edited:
View attachment 968628
This beauty is coming really soon so better tighten your seatbelts guys :gtpflag:Also I've been thinking about making a funrace with this car once it's released, but I don't think I'll be able to make a server for us so if there's any Delta lover that is capable of making a server for us to race on then message me at the Discord ;)

Man that looks very promising :)
Much better now--about the way I would expect this car to drive, especially when you really push it.

See this post for an ini file "quick-fix" for the flipped mirrors when using the Real Mirror extension. Though this is a solution that works, the mod itself should be updated so this isn't necessary--if someone can help you figure out how to fix it.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1366#post-13156839

For this quick-fix, it's important to first load the car, then adjust all the mirrors so a config file will be created for it, with settings for all the mirrors. Then you can add the FLIP=1 parameter-value to the mirrors that have this issue.

Thank you very much! This helps me a lot for this fix.
I will surely work on it so that also VR users could easly enjoy the mod :)

Last edited:
AUDI R8 IMSA GTO V1.0 (link will be updated) (more details on readme.txt)

View attachment 965328

@k-e-n-n-e-t-h

The AUDI R8 IMSA GTO is a magnificent mod and as a fan of Khyzyl Saleem, I look forward to seeing more of your work following this theme.

I noticed that the #STEER_RATIO and #LINEAR_STEER_ROD_RATIO configuration was misaligned (as is the Kunos original) I have therefore recalculated the alignment for you.

The handling from both a telemetry and drive-ability perspective now provide a more linear delivery of the steering input/output. The car matches the real life data of 16.5:1 steering ratio with 620 degrees of rotation [lock to lock] and 20 degrees of travel [in each direction] delivered linearly.

The attached image demonstrates the differences:
Old = 10:1SR / 32 degrees of travel.
New = 15.5:1SR / 20 degrees of travel.

I have uploaded the amended "car.ini" for both cars to this post for you.

Attachments

• Capture Default.PNG
    Capture Default.PNG
    1.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Capture Fix.PNG
    Capture Fix.PNG
    1.1 KB · Views: 18
  • FileMissing_R8_IMSA_GTO_RealData.zip
    3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Man that looks very promising :)

Thank you very much! This helps me a lot for this fix.
I will surely work on it so that also VR users could easly enjoy the mod :)

If anyone really wants to test out this Fiat Panda, take it to Ahvenisto or Bilster Berg--of course you have to be patient as it struggles to climb its' way up each hill.

@SATLAB Now all you need is a tuned or race car variation... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Steering rotation is correct according to the official Fiat Garage Manual (3.42 steering turns and 33 max steering degrees), same for the steer ratio. The real car is very understeering as you can see also from this video.

Fantastic video. Fabulous. Not the usual rubish.
This is epic. I like the driver already. 👍

Just came here wondering if someone was working on this awesome IndyCar track that is St Pete. The current one I got is a conversion from Rfactor, and is really, like- REALLY bad. This track is incredible and it's a shame that the only version on all sims is the one from IDT converted all around for RF2, AMS and AC.

hi to all , it’s been hours that I try to make the map for the body of the 964 but I can’t do it but above all I absolutely do not know what I do , continuous elements has superimposed (duck1 and 2 especially) the picture is too small ... , would someone have time to do it? thanks to you

isolate body : https://mega.nz/file/4UIBlKoB#dqB3JjVmq-uq0AzViicGR36mAS8_cDPqOX2EigXG_TA

Complete car : https://mega.nz/file/tAZW0JyT#XNl5mI9dQr8qY_GliY-c5XTwkXkd2XlyrGE5EZbmlvA

Here it is guys! Post is from Assetto Corsa Mod Central facebook group

* * * * UPDATE* * * *
MERCEDES BENZ CLS63 W218 2017
Huge thanks to Jasper Opperman for doing the following changes:
- add ao
- tweak almost all shaders
– fixed data, now wheels are in correct place in game
- updated model for showroom, wheels now are in the same place in game and in showroom
- Changed a lot of interior textures and shaders
- Moved the left front door, now it's in the right location
- Removed some weird objects from the model that prevented the car from showing up in the custom preview
- Added different plate to all skins
- Made one dark greyish interior and one black
- Made the wipers black while keeping the chrome lip on the wheels

CAR LINK = https://drive.google.com/.../1Wxc.../view...

View attachment 968592

Is there a way to remove the ricer spoilers?

@hellothankyou I've just realised that the rain glass/wipers mod you did for the M5 pack stops direct sunlight from casting shadows in the cockpit.
I archived your modded M5s and redownloaded the originals from Assettoland again and sure enough, the original cars allow direct sun to cast shadows on the cockpit. In the modded versions there's just ambient light in the cockpit but no direct sun/shadow contrast.
Any ideas why that would be?
It can hopefully be fixed because shadows playing across the cockpit, dashboard, steering wheel etc is really important for realism and immersion.

Mmmm... makes me wonder now if ALL RainFX-prepped windscreens have this unfortunate side effect.
Edit: nope, the Kunos E30 M3 for example works with RainFX and has proper sunlight penetration.
Thanks @Masscot - i like your thorough feedback . Let's make it even better-better :D Will check that, maybe i'll find the culprit.

There is still something wrong with this.Something is touching the track and is scrubbing and scratching.Nice model though.

Noted, I see what's wrong. You can try to edit colliders.ini in data if you don't want to wait for a fix

Is there a way to remove the ricer spoilers?

Lmao "ricer" it's an AMG spoiler, lot's of AMG models have them. But you could edit the model, multiple ways to do that, or you could not look through the rearview mirror anymore :P Don't think there's going to be a version without it.

@k-e-n-n-e-t-h

The AUDI R8 IMSA GTO is a magnificent mod and as a fan of Khyzyl Saleem, I look forward to seeing more of your work following this theme.

I noticed that the #STEER_RATIO and #LINEAR_STEER_ROD_RATIO configuration was misaligned (as is the Kunos original) I have therefore recalculated the alignment for you.

The handling from both a telemetry and drive-ability perspective now provide a more linear delivery of the steering input/output. The car matches the real life data of 16.5:1 steering ratio with 620 degrees of rotation [lock to lock] and 20 degrees of travel [in each direction] delivered linearly.

The attached image demonstrates the differences:
Old = 10:1SR / 32 degrees of travel.
New = 16.5:1SR / 20 degrees of travel.

I have uploaded the amended "car.ini" for both cars to this post for you.

Dear mod teams,

I wonder if it is possible for you to help me out with this question please.

I love this car. I think it is an amazing concept car - I would love to use it along with GT3 races. Is there a way to "take off" the light skin covers (the black covers over the lights). It is a dds file and shader in the skins directory. Is it possible to make it transparent or remove it with an ext_config file please or would it need a kn5 mod to do that? I have sim3ded but dont want to mess with anything.

Last edited:
I just downloaded the Lancia 037 Rally JGTC 1994 at Assettoland. Very nice car. But I noticed that you can't see the environment in the outside mirror on the driver's side. Is that fixable?

037.jpg

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back