Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,774 comments
OK, I downloaded the track again from Legion's site and compared with what I had. Just going by the files, I see that some of the kn5 files were newer in my version and I have this .ini file in tracks (not loaded) from
AUTHOR = Benner900, Peter Boese (seasons), leBluem, Sliderman
VERSION = 1.3
DATE_RELEASE = 07 jan 2020
(file attached, just remove the .txt bit).

Since I don't know what changes what exactly, I uploaded the track I have installed here (hope Legion won't mind).
I tried the three layouts again and had no issues with grass etc. Only a small part between track and kerbs seems to be reflective and iirc that wasn't there before. I don't know how to fix that but it isn't too intrusive. Maybe someone can help.

Here's the track, hope it works for you.
I'll leave it here for a while.

https://mega.nz/folder/DOoDxAiD#S3QZi7A2cuWqFARZgeVNcg

Is there any advantage in having this as a separate track folder called ks_nurburgring_extras rather than putting the extra layouts into the main ks_nurburgring folder? the latter works as well and gives all the layouts together when you load nurburgring, but I'm worried about conflicting configs/skins etc. How are people doing this?

OK, I downloaded the track again from Legion's site and compared with what I had. Just going by the files, I see that some of the kn5 files were newer in my version and I have this .ini file in tracks (not loaded) from
AUTHOR = Benner900, Peter Boese (seasons), leBluem, Sliderman
VERSION = 1.3
DATE_RELEASE = 07 jan 2020
(file attached, just remove the .txt bit).

Since I don't know what changes what exactly, I uploaded the track I have installed here (hope Legion won't mind).
I tried the three layouts again and had no issues with grass etc. Only a small part between track and kerbs seems to be reflective and iirc that wasn't there before. I don't know how to fix that but it isn't too intrusive. Maybe someone can help.

Here's the track, hope it works for you.
I'll leave it here for a while.

https://mega.nz/folder/DOoDxAiD#S3QZi7A2cuWqFARZgeVNcg

Just to add a bit more information on this subject...

Have same as @Fanapryde and also a ks_nurburgring_ini in the \loaded folder (github CM download) dated 19 JUN 2020 v1.2.1 - see below pic...

upload_2021-1-20_0-37-15.png

Have also disabled INI file situated in the \tracks folder...
edit: @TimLotus - this may be apply to you... I renamed the INI file with a prefix underscore-character (momentarily keeping it until other INI is tested...

Last edited:
Will review/add this track for a later date... Currently have other WIP-mods in pipeline.

BTW, have you considered investing some of your personal time to mod-learnings and sharing with the community? The more the merrier...

View attachment 985815
Many thanks. I haven't got into the modding side yet. It looks difficult and don't know enough about pcs to be honest .Learning to change files ect and other small things. Hopefully get there.

How will you make a skin without having the car in AC? The only solution that I see if it is to make a friend skin for a championship or even if it is a paid job is to ask him for the car

I use Assetto Corsa as a preview for real car liveries. I have to design a real Clio Cup car, but I don`t have the 3d model hahaha

Not sure if I can publish it on RaceDepartment as the car itself hasn't been released "officially" yet, but I'm sure quite a few people have it. Enjoy.
Do you have any ideas on where to get that car? Or when it will be officially released? The version with the side exhausts is still missing in my collection...

To anyone who is interested: Pessiogarage paymod Capri has been released. www.pessiogarage.com
Took a punt for a bit of time-hopping - First impressions are fun to drive, with good physics - They've obviously put a lot of work into this

I know not everyone is keen on paying for mods but now and again I don't mind paying forward- As I said its a personal choice. £3.25 (or min 3.50 euro)

That, and it allows this old codger to virtual drive his old 3.0L Cappppriii Ghia again with a soppy grin on me face :D (Yes I know it's not a 3.0L or a Ghia :D :rolleyes:)

Screenshot (505).png
Screenshot_pg_carpirs31_hockegp_f3ct_19-0-121-17-4-8.jpg
Screenshot_pg_carpirs31_hockegp_f3ct_19-0-121-17-3-20.jpg

Last edited:
Took a punt for a bit of time-hopping - First impressions are fun to drive, with good physics - They've obviously put a lot of work into this

I know not everyone is keen on paying for mods but now and again I don't mind paying forward- As I said its a personal choice. £3.25 (or min 3.50 euro)

That, and it allows this old codger to virtual drive his old 3.0L Cappppriii Ghia again with a soppy grin on me face :D (Yes I know it's not a 3.0L or a Ghia :D :rolleyes:)

View attachment 985842 View attachment 985838 View attachment 985839

Honestly, I've tried it, and it didn't fully satisfy me, horrible sound (it doesn't even sound like its own), top speed speedometer that doesn't work, suffers from a lot of understeer in the default trim, minimal settings, I hope there will be further updates.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s difficult to solve without seeing the scheme you have been used in your 3D project, but I’ll try with some routine questions.
- Did you use dummies for the blurred and no-blurred parts of the rims? Or have you just renamed every single blurred object? I always suggest using dummies ‘cause are easily recognizible by the game

- Do you check the speed at which the Rims get blurred? Sometimes Rims and Blurred rims have the same speed in the blurred object.ini file... try to create a transition in that case (i.e. 0-20 Rim 15-300 blurred)

Unfortunately I don't actually know what dummies are. I did put brake disks on them, maybe that screwed everything up? The new rims have more objects than the original GT-One's. But then again, one of the rims does work properly, and I've done the same for all four. I guess I'll just continue doing trial and error until I figure it out. I really don't know what I'm doing, so I don't think anyone could help me right now. :dunce: :lol:

Oh and I've changed the speeds in the blurred_objects.ini, but it didn't work. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll actually make sure they have a transition if I ever do something like this again.

after an afternoon, I managed to insert the grass and at the desired height, I did not know the site that was linked to me by @racealot thank you. a world has opened up. the only thing I couldn't do was replace the textures with highland ones despite having written the string ... bo ??

Attachments

• Screenshot_pg_carpirs31_santangelo_muxaro_19-0-121-19-20-25.jpg
    Screenshot_pg_carpirs31_santangelo_muxaro_19-0-121-19-20-25.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 33
Sound test. I've found a very high quality sound of the honda engine used by this beast for external sounds. Sadly, internal sounds are not as much accurate as the external, I used the original TV onboard sound.

And... 2 extra shots
upload_2021-1-19_19-56-21.gif

screenshot_jordan_ej11_imola_19-0-121-19-45-33-jpg.437802

screenshot_jordan_ej11_imola_19-0-121-19-43-50-jpg.437803

P.s. Steering wheel leds and display are off because I'm still working on them. Moreover, I still must add some details in the cockpit.

Get it while its hot,

One fresh Chuckwalla right out of the oven! Delicious :crazy:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/chuckwalla-valley-raceway.39023/

Thanks again to the guys on my Patreon who helped to shape this mod to be what it is. I hope everyone can enjoy it.

Features:
  • 2 layouts, forward, reverse
  • Rainfx (although how much it actually rains out there is questionable)
  • Grassfx, with tweaks by Mike08
  • Night Lights for the paddock and marshall huts.
  • Break markers
  • Apex Cones
  • 3D Terrain to about 60km out for spectacular photomode shots.

Screenshot_corvette_c2_427_475hp_chuckwalla_valley_19-0-121-17-1-15.jpg
Screenshot_ks_mazda_rx7_tuned_chuckwalla_valley_19-0-121-17-8-49.jpg
Screenshot_ks_corvette_c7r_chuckwalla_valley_18-0-121-17-57-27.jpg
Screenshot_acfl_2019_mercedes_chuckwalla_valley_19-0-121-16-50-53.jpg

thanks fot the tip Masscot! is very useful! in another hand, i notice that the glasses are almost "invisible".you can fix that using CM showroom, click on the glass, clik on the tree points of "material", you must do click on "change values" and put the values of the image.
finally, click on save..and voilá! glass are oK¡ (this values was copied from the glass values of KS porsche 917).
Enjoi it!

You can save material settings as preset and apply to future mods with same problem.
This is what I did for many material settings (rims, paint, leather, chrome, etc.)
That way it is possible to optimize the cars looking of so so mods very fast.
...if they are not encrypted.

Honestly, I've tried it, and it didn't fully satisfy me, horrible sound (it doesn't even sound like its own), top speed speedometer that doesn't work, suffers from a lot of understeer in the default trim, minimal settings, I hope there will be further updates.
Yes, it's not going to be for everyone but I look at it like buying a burger or coffee - once I've eaten/drunk it, it's gone. Then the only evidence I have is ... well let's not go there :-D
For me its a bit of nostalgia especially in these times. That said I'm sure that there will be further releases knowing the previous model release updates from this modder.

Last edited:
Hey, I'm trying to work out what's going on here. When I try to load an offline race it gives me this error:

AC\game.cpp (261): Game::update
AC\game.cpp (112): Game::embarrassed:nIdle
AC\game.cpp (210): Game::run
AC\acs.cpp (477): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup

What does this mean?

Hey, I'm trying to work out what's going on here. When I try to load an offline race it gives me this error:

AC\game.cpp (112): Game::embarrassed:nIdle
AC\game.cpp (210): Game::run
AC\acs.cpp (477): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup

What does this mean?
Have you tried a 'verify integrity file check' via steam? or restart steam/content manager - Sometimes certain mods disagree with AC

Have you tried a 'verify integrity file check' via steam? or restart steam/content manager - Sometimes certain mods disagree with AC
I verified integrity of game files - told me 40 weren't right and would be reaquired. Thought it was okay then because it'd done it, still didn't work. Verifying now, not sure how many are gonna come back bad

Still not working. Loads in - unexpected error - exits game - gives same error. What do you mean 'restart steam/content manager'? Closing and reopening doesn't seem like it'd do anything

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back