Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,748 comments
hello I have a friend who has installed content manager too and as soon as he starts a test or other he receives this message:

content manager game crashed couldn't find out what's wrong

What should he do thank you

I Released, Dowload Here: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/hsw.36374/

HSW

This is HSW (Horizon Shades Weather), a script that controls how the weather behaves. It changes the lights as they are reflected for a more realistic and beautiful appearance. Time transitions are smooth and optimized to maintain good frames.
HSW brings incredible lighting, making the game more engaging. and Along with CSP, Asseto Corsa becomes a game that loses nothing to any other. One of the new features of HSW 1.7 in addition to all the improvements of sky, clouds, lights, etc. they are the mirages due to the heat and reflection of the sun, to have this effect the sun will have to be at the right point and at the right time as in real life, and this was made possible thanks to "x4fab".
With the Weather Script itself, I can go a step further and expand HSW further.

I especially want to thank my friends Atrupelador and Game Car View for testing my versions before publishing them and to x4fab for assisting me and providing support for the HSW update.

Changelog 1.7

-- HSW 1.7
- Added support for CSP version 1.7
- Improvements in day and night lights
- Darker nights
- New balanced the number of stars and planets
- Cloud Improvements
- New sky colors
- New ppfilters
- Added a physical phenomenon that makes the images tremble that leads to the
formation of mirages on the asphalt due to the intense heat, so a layer of hot
air is formed next to the ground. It will appear according to the time and
temperature (Thanks to 4xfab for creating this effect with CSP and giving me
support to add it to HSW)
- Various improvements
- Improvements in smoke and ambient humidity

I really didn't see myself liking this... god damn was I wrong.

3UvKDBD.jpg

Is it possible that we could see an early 2000's V8 Supercar Mod. With the VT Commodore and AU Falcon.

View attachment 988464
Hi mate. yes, i made a conversion. But models are low quality. However i still enjoy racing them despite of negative feedbacks

I have tryed Tommy78 DTM mod. 👍 It's just a fantastic mod, with excellent rides. it feels very close to RaceRoom cars.

I have set up championship. And then was a small dissapointment. 100% Ai and 90 aggression. Nurburgring GP track.
- Ford Mustangs are too fats. 2 of 2 on first positions.
- BMWs are too slow. 4 of 4 All on last positions
so it's small disbalanse that need to be fixes
- had to remove Rain tyrres, because by default half of Ai choose rain tyres for the Qualy.

Last edited by a moderator:
These are awesome mate, anyone with VR should be all over these. Thanks very much for sharing!

Appreciate it!
Oh, one more thing: previously, you could have the suits and the gloves in the skin.ini, and the helmet in the skin folder. Somewhere along the road, we lost this option. These are the helmets I could gather, again separated by decades, so it's faster for you to create skin.ini configs.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/6f4bx58lbetcwpn/driver_helmet.rar/file

* I didn't make them!

Patreon is why.

Hence why im going to start freely uploading assettomods content until he can sort his **** out. He used to run the ac supercars series on facebook, cracked a tantie when he whinged that people werent supporting him to run a server (aka paying him) and closed the series down.

i have the amr gte URD but i dont like the hood cam its of to the right can some please correct this to a normal hood cam?

This is a normal wec cam, the camera comes from the top of the windscreen. i dont have any issue with it. urd also wouldnt have put it there if it wasnt accurate, it should probably be more of a spectator cam but lets be honest here, wtf are you driving from hood cam?

Feedback pls.

How does it compare to sol ?

Average fps?
I haven't done extensive testing, including none with AI, so it's a bit difficult for me to talk about fps change as I limit my fps to 100 (both standard SOL and this sit above100 on a standard hotlap). Just try it out, it takes like a minute to set up and you can save your current settings as a preset.

HSW:
ZlMwZas.jpg

SOL:
pgRRoWU.jpg

Last edited:
i have the amr gte URD but i dont like the hood cam its of to the right can some please correct this to a normal hood cam?

You can do it this way - unpack the data.acd (with Content Manager), then in game with the camera editor, move it and save
or you can edit the camera angle coordinates within the car.ini file
Do a search on here as there were a few posts about this a while back.

This is a normal wec cam, the camera comes from the top of the windscreen. i dont have any issue with it. urd also wouldnt have put it there if it wasnt accurate, it should probably be more of a spectator cam but lets be honest here, wtf are you driving from hood cam?

Thank you for your helpful insight, also no need to be snarky about what cam someone else uses is there? so it's not your preference but does it bother you that much that someone else uses the hood cam?

Last edited:
I just did a 20 lap, day and night race at rt_daytona with 27 AI cars, DPi, LMP2 and GTs, and I got 21.8 fps, whereas normally with that kind of opponent number I get around 60 with the same settings, especially around turns 1 and 2, and everytime there were more than 2 cars beneath me I was just watching a slideshow.

I Released, Dowload Here: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/hsw.36374/

HSW

This is HSW (Horizon Shades Weather), a script that controls how the weather behaves. It changes the lights as they are reflected for a more realistic and beautiful appearance. Time transitions are smooth and optimized to maintain good frames.
HSW brings incredible lighting, making the game more engaging. and Along with CSP, Asseto Corsa becomes a game that loses nothing to any other. One of the new features of HSW 1.7 in addition to all the improvements of sky, clouds, lights, etc. they are the mirages due to the heat and reflection of the sun, to have this effect the sun will have to be at the right point and at the right time as in real life, and this was made possible thanks to "x4fab".
With the Weather Script itself, I can go a step further and expand HSW further.

I especially want to thank my friends Atrupelador and Game Car View for testing my versions before publishing them and to x4fab for assisting me and providing support for the HSW update.

Changelog 1.7

-- HSW 1.7
- Added support for CSP version 1.7
- Improvements in day and night lights
- Darker nights
- New balanced the number of stars and planets
- Cloud Improvements
- New sky colors
- New ppfilters
- Added a physical phenomenon that makes the images tremble that leads to the
formation of mirages on the asphalt due to the intense heat, so a layer of hot
air is formed next to the ground. It will appear according to the time and
temperature (Thanks to 4xfab for creating this effect with CSP and giving me
support to add it to HSW)
- Various improvements
- Improvements in smoke and ambient humidity

So is this an alternative for SOL?

I just did a 20 lap, day and night race at rt_daytona with 27 AI cars, DPi, LMP2 and GTs, and I got 21.8 fps, whereas normally with that kind of opponent number I get around 60 with the same settings, especially around turns 1 and 2, and everytime there were more than 2 cars beneath me I was just watching a slideshow.
It could also be the cars. Have you tried running the exact same grid with the same day night cycle at other tracks? A lot of cars aren't optimised and have no LODs, this can have a huge impact on performance.

Update on Fecebook... See below for some additional fixes you can make.

Erik Wispelwey
Assetto Corsa Tuned Mods & 4k Photos

4h ·

Updated version of the 333SP edit. Fixed the issues and although the shift animation isn't really a priority in my book I found one that's better, still not optimal. (update below)
I've renamed the folder into what I thought I already did (delete the previous version--different folder name).
https://www.mediafire.com/.../ferrari_f333sp_ks_v1.3.../file

Stevie Bee
It's a beast!
Just personal pref in VR but the shifting animation from Legion's car is probably a better fit with a slight timing adjustment.
Also, the clock needs a slight tweak, VERSION=2 needs adding to the ini otherwise the digits overlap the colon.
--revise this in data > digital_instruments.ini

Should be:

[ITEM_5]
PARENT=dgt_display03
POSITION=4.50,0.0,-0.02
TYPE=CLOCK
SIZE=1.5
COLOR=150,200,150,150
INTENSITY=3.5
FONT=digital_mid
VERSION=2
ALIGN=CENTER

• Stevie Bee
    Erik Wispelwey
    Yep, but here's the shifting animation https://we.tl/t-WtLL81wH8t (place in animations folder)
    safe_image.php

WETRANSFER.COM
    shift.7z
    shift.7z

• Stevie Bee
    Erik Wispelwey
    and here's my adjusted timing. Preload also kicks in before the limiter now too. (revise this in data > driver3d.ini)
    [SHIFT_ANIMATION]
    BLEND_TIME=100
    POSITIVE_TIME=240
    STATIC_TIME=10
    NEGATIVE_TIME=240
    PRELOAD_RPM=10250
    INVERT_SHIFTING_HANDS=0

I forgot where I found this link yesterday to swap out Rollovers physics to GTPlanet's for DPi cars:

Seems to work alright and only thing I played with was getting the sound files to be more representative(I've use the Corvette Daytona Prototype's sound for Cadillac, AVR 500R's sound for Mazda, and Porsche Mobydick's sound for Acura, for now). I noted though for whatever reason the Mazda's gear ratios are not adjustable.

would it be possible to somehow use the gtp physics on the acf models? those are afterall rollovers models that theyve improved upon, but they are horribly slow (cadi was 4sec slower around daytona than gtp version, exact similar settings), and the physics feel terrible

You can do it this way - unpack the data.acd (with Content Manager), then in game with the camera editor, move it and save
or you can edit the camera angle coordinates within the car.ini file
Do a search on here as there were a few posts about this a while back.

Thank you for your helpful insight, also no need to be snarky about what cam someone else uses is there? so it's not your preference but does it bother you that much that someone else uses the hood cam?

I was taking the piss, chill kiddos. But hes not going to improve as a driver if he doesnt drive from seating position inside the car be that dash view or seat. just making an observation.

hi all, what's the best version of dallara p217 available?
probably the acf version from their wec pack that was recently released. before that it was the rollovers endurance pack but it was slightly slower than the oreca. the acf pack makes all the lmp2 cars equal which is how it is irl

I was taking the piss, chill kiddos. But hes not going to improve as a driver if he doesnt drive from seating position inside the car be that dash view or seat. just making an observation.
I am chill mate, just bugs me when someone pulls someone up just because of the way they choose to drive. Anyways yes I agree no one is gonna improve lap times using bonnet cam but also FOV and a whole lot of other factors come into it. So perhaps the guy wants to experience some speed instead of the world moving slow due to using a FOV of 37 :D

would it be possible to somehow use the gtp physics on the acf models? those are afterall rollovers models that theyve improved upon, but they are horribly slow (cadi was 4sec slower around daytona than gtp version, exact similar settings), and the physics feel terrible
I don't really know, I've not mess with mods much at all aside from using them. The GTP pack was just a straight install into the rollovers stuff. I did mess around with unpacking data to enable the in-car brake bias adjustment for Mazda and Acura. I am trying to figureout still how to make the brakes on the Caddy and Acura glow, the Mazda's does....and I still don't know how to get some gearing adjustment on the Mazda...

It could also be the cars. Have you tried running the exact same grid with the same day night cycle at other tracks? A lot of cars aren't optimised and have no LODs, this can have a huge impact on performance.

okay, removing HSW seemed to un-slideshow matters, although CM still says I only got 25 fps, everything's much smoother and my lap times are tumblin consistently.
Still, the rollovers DPi take ages to load, no matter where I drive

okay, removing HSW seemed to un-slideshow matters, although CM still says I only got 25 fps, everything's much smoother and my lap times are tumblin consistently.
Still, the rollovers DPi take ages to load, no matter where I drive
Far more mods use far too many resources than they should to be honest, so you just have to careful when running races and such. Look out for cars with no LODs, high triangle/poly count and overly large folder sizes. Even too much aero on a car can cause CPU overload in certain situations. I am happy it is working better for you now. rt_daytona is very unlikely to receive much more (if any) optimisation, there’s just very little room for improvement.

Update on Fecebook... See below for some additional fixes you can make.

Erik Wispelwey
Assetto Corsa Tuned Mods & 4k Photos

4h ·

Updated version of the 333SP edit. Fixed the issues and although the shift animation isn't really a priority in my book I found one that's better, still not optimal. (update below)
I've renamed the folder into what I thought I already did (delete the previous version--different folder name).
https://www.mediafire.com/.../ferrari_f333sp_ks_v1.3.../file

Stevie Bee
It's a beast!
Just personal pref in VR but the shifting animation from Legion's car is probably a better fit with a slight timing adjustment.
Also, the clock needs a slight tweak, VERSION=2 needs adding to the ini otherwise the digits overlap the colon.
--revise this in data > digital_instruments.ini

Should be:

[ITEM_5]
PARENT=dgt_display03
POSITION=4.50,0.0,-0.02
TYPE=CLOCK
SIZE=1.5
COLOR=150,200,150,150
INTENSITY=3.5
FONT=digital_mid
VERSION=2
ALIGN=CENTER

• Stevie Bee
    Erik Wispelwey
    Yep, but here's the shifting animation https://we.tl/t-WtLL81wH8t (place in animations folder)
    safe_image.php

WETRANSFER.COM
    shift.7z
    shift.7z

• Stevie Bee
    Erik Wispelwey
    and here's my adjusted timing. Preload also kicks in before the limiter now too. (revise this in data > driver3d.ini)
    [SHIFT_ANIMATION]
    BLEND_TIME=100
    POSITIVE_TIME=240
    STATIC_TIME=10
    NEGATIVE_TIME=240
    PRELOAD_RPM=10250
    INVERT_SHIFTING_HANDS=0
It gives me trouble with the sounds. Also, the front of the headrest is still transparent.

6bafa63613b85cf7ef3a53575a69bb5c.png

6bafa63613b85cf7ef3a53575a69bb5c

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back