Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,824 comments
My 36 cars grid was a mix of Rollover DPi(GTP physics), IER P13C, Oreca07(GTP), URD GTLM cars, mix of Kunos/Masterkey/crash/RSS GT3 cars

Running Sol and Natural Mod PP. I did go into Sol config to mess with clouds to go back to 2D and also I ran into CPU occupancy issue so I dial back on the FFB thing.

I don't really know, I've not mess with mods much at all aside from using them. The GTP pack was just a straight install into the rollovers stuff. I did mess around with unpacking data to enable the in-car brake bias adjustment for Mazda and Acura. I am trying to figureout still how to make the brakes on the Caddy and Acura glow, the Mazda's does....and I still don't know how to get some gearing adjustment on the Mazda...
seems like changing the physics also changes the sounds aswell, which is something i wouldnt want due to the rollovers/acf seeming to have the accurate sound.

also found a whole heap of articles by marshall pruett on racer.com back when dpi debuted in 2017, still at a loss as to why the gtp guys never put the correct steering wheels on, the mazda drives from the wrong side of the car, wrong sound for the mazda aswell etc etc. overall the model exterior is good, just lacking on the interior

Last edited:
One more camtool set done (this time 2) for adepts of this mod. I hope you like it ;)
The second lap you can watch the 2nd set of cams.

Hi mate!
Your cameras look great. However, I've got one single suggestion.
This camera, for instance:
upload_2021-1-31_14-0-53.png
There's no way a camera man could be standing there.
There are also some height cams in places where there couldn't be cameras, like over a bridge (when there's no bridge).
Other than that, it's great stuff and you know it.

I am using the recent version of rt_daytona and I am getting consistent 60fps with about 36 cars...Actually for some reason going back to the other version of Daytona(forgot the name) actually yielded less framerate. Didn't always do that so not sure whats causing it.

One thing I am still trying to figure out is how to make the track lighting "pop-in" during the night less annoying. Sometimes the entire trioval grandstand looks like its not lit until you get closer to it and then boom the entirely lights up...I wonder if there is like a rendering distance or something...

also how do I adjust the track lighting intensity now? I seem to remember at some point SOL has a way to do that, you can set how far the track lights illuminates and how bright they are. Now that doesn't seem to be there anymore?

I've had this same issue with rt_daytona as well, and was first described back when it was first released back in May: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1186#post-13112130

Even with 1.2.2 in VR, when exiting the international horseshoe, the lights on the west end of the main grandstand look like they're being flipped on each time. Same as when you pass through the kink; the lights on the banking flip-on.

would it be possible to somehow use the gtp physics on the acf models? those are afterall rollovers models that theyve improved upon, but they are horribly slow (cadi was 4sec slower around daytona than gtp version, exact similar settings), and the physics feel terrible

I was taking the piss, chill kiddos. But hes not going to improve as a driver if he doesnt drive from seating position inside the car be that dash view or seat. just making an observation.

probably the acf version from their wec pack that was recently released. before that it was the rollovers endurance pack but it was slightly slower than the oreca. the acf pack makes all the lmp2 cars equal which is how it is irl

ACF is encrypted so you can't rollovers is the only one you can use pretty much for the physics swap.

seems like changing the physics also changes the sounds aswell, which is something i wouldnt want due to the rollovers/acf seeming to have the accurate sound.

also found a whole heap of articles by marshall pruett on racer.com back when dpi debuted in 2017, still at a loss as to why the gtp guys never put the correct steering wheels on, the mazda drives from the wrong side of the car, wrong sound for the mazda aswell etc etc. overall the model exterior is good, just lacking on the interior
I also swapped the sound files around a bit. I mentioned earlier I used the Corvette DP sound for the Cadillac, I settled on the RSS F2 V6 sound for Acura, and now Eagle MKIII sound for the Mazda....

As far as the model goes I don't think the GTP guys did anything to the model, Rollovers are only so so visually to start with, until someone really want to do that we are stuck with whatever thats there.

I've had this same issue with rt_daytona as well, and was first described back when it was first released back in May: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1186#post-13112130

Even with 1.2.2 in VR, when exiting the international horseshoe, the lights on the west end of the main grandstand look like they're being flipped on each time. Same as when you pass through the kink; the lights on the banking flip-on.

Lights have been tweaked again, hopefully they should look better now. No time frame for an update but hopefully not too long. The team are receiving more feedback than usual, maybe as Daytona 24 is happening right now? No complaints, that is a good thing 👍

I played with the "fog" distance setting which seems to have helped in both fog and track specific tab in the Sol Config in game. Not sure if it fixes it completely but its a bit better.

Lights have been tweaked again, hopefully they should look better now. No time frame for an update but hopefully not too long. The team are receiving more feedback than usual, maybe as Daytona 24 is happening right now? No complaints, that is a good thing 👍
Yeah I think I put in like 200 laps yesterday....lol

Last edited by a moderator:
are you sure data.acd is renamed/absent and ./data/ is active?
otherwise check for entries in ./extension/cars/loaded etc.
check also the wheel properties in CM showroom.

Keeping the file blurred_objects.ini but with no lines in it (blank file) should fix it. Remember to delete data.acd or to repack data after you edited it

Thank you both!
Repacking data - didn't fix
delete data.acd - fixed

It gives me trouble with the sounds. Also, the front of the headrest is still transparent.

6bafa63613b85cf7ef3a53575a69bb5c.png

6bafa63613b85cf7ef3a53575a69bb5c

lzs.gif

Has anyone else taken this Oreca 07 LMP2 mod out for a spin by NXpower04 yet?
I enjoyed the drive compared to other versions but I'm no expert
View attachment 988594
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/oreca-07-lmp2.39349/

I downloaded it but not tried yet nor compared to the one we already have with the same file folder.
I wish a modified car would have a different folder name, except if it meant as an update, but it is from a different modder so, is it an update or a different version?

ACF is encrypted so you can't rollovers is the only one you can use pretty much for the physics swap.
RIP
I also swapped the sound files around a bit. I mentioned earlier I used the Corvette DP sound for the Cadillac, I settled on the RSS F2 V6 sound for Acura, and now Eagle MKIII sound for the Mazda....

As far as the model goes I don't think the GTP guys did anything to the model, Rollovers are only so so visually to start with, until someone really want to do that we are stuck with whatever thats there.

The models are vastly different, compare them in the showroom, interior & exterior

I downloaded it but not tried yet nor compared to the one we already have with the same file folder.
I wish a modified car would have a different folder name, except if it meant as an update, but it is from a different modder so, is it an update or a different version?
I believe, reading between the lines, it's a fixer upper from a previous release. I couldn't find it though despite the link on RaceDepartment pointing to this forum. could be based off gladbecker82 mod release? https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...eral-discussion.307899/page-762#post-12998878

Last edited:
Hi all,
I've just tried the F1 1958 mod for Automobilista and I was having a great time with it. Problem is, AMS seriously lacks proper tracks for that period. When I looked at the available tracks in AC, i realised that we have all the tracks from the 1958 season (at least those ones which counted to the championship). So AC would be the perfect choice (not a big surprise...).

When I looked up 'Assetto Corsa F1 1958' in google, the first result is a pack from Sim Dream but I refuse to buy anything from that gang, so it's not an option for me. It is literally the same rFactor pack on which the AMS mod is based.

Then I looked at Legion's blog and there are some really nice cars roughly from 1949-1952 but first I'd like to dig into the 1958 season or thereabout, if it's possible? Those cars had such a great impression on me in AMS.

Of course we have the Kunos' Maserati, and it drives great, but the grid doesn't look quite good with a bunch of Maseratis. Can any of you kind souls recommend any car F1 car mods representig the late 1950's era?

Thanks for any suggestions in advance!

Hi all,
I've just tried the F1 1958 mod for Automobilista and I was having a great time with it. Problem is, AMS seriously lacks proper tracks for that period. When I looked at the available tracks in AC, i realised that we have all the tracks from the 1958 season (at least those ones which counted to the championship). So AC would be the perfect choice (not a big surprise...).

When I looked up 'Assetto Corsa F1 1958' in google, the first result is a pack from Sim Dream but I refuse to buy anything from that gang, so it's not an option for me. It is literally the same rFactor pack on which the AMS mod is based.

Then I looked at Legion's blog and there are some really nice cars roughly from 1949-1952 but first I'd like to dig into the 1958 season or thereabout, if it's possible? Those cars had such a great impression on me in AMS.

Of course we have the Kunos' Maserati, and it drives great, but the grid doesn't look quite good with a bunch of Maseratis. Can any of you kind souls recommend any car F1 car mods representig the late 1950's era?

Thanks for any suggestions in advance!
Hi, Yeah its a struggle for this time period but as you say Legion has some along with kunos - I put together a crib sheet (attached) but there are a few years which prove elusive in the AC modding world :mad:
Screenshot (536).jpg

Attachments

• 70 Years F1 AC Car and Track Sheet.xlsx
    25.6 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
From Fecebook. An update is supposedly in the works to add the manual shifting animation and fix any other minor problems. The convertible roof can be retracted, as well as other things that are animated. Use the extra option keys--read about them below.

Nizar Razzouk
oJUaDQAiBQe.png

Admin MNBA Assetto Modding Group -- be sure to join if you're on Facebook
· tt2S2uhapfonsored ·

!!!!MNBA RELEASES!!!!
BMW M4 Convertible
NOTE!!!!: Please Read All The Post, Because it has lots of information about the car, if you don't read it, you will MISS OUT a lot of Details!!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
CAR PACK:
this is a car pack that contains 3 cars:
1)BMW M4 Convertible (Stock)
2)BMW M4 Convertible (Tuned) [Stance]
3)BMW M4 Convertible (Tuned) [Manual Transmission]
ENCRYPTION: YES
The Reason this car is encrypted Because We (MNBA) encountered many problems with people stealing our work and selling it and not crediting anyone, for example, what happened with
Buja Gili
with his beautiful Mercedes AMG GT BLACK SERIES, Some Turkish Guys Stole His Interior and Used it on another car and the guy didn't credit+He wanted to sell the car!!!
IN GAME ANIMATIOINS (EXTRAS):
EXTRA OPTION A= Hood
EXTRA OPTION B= Rear Fog Light
EXTRA OPTION C= Open Windows
EXTRA OPTION D= Open Convertible
IN GAME FEATURES:
When TC ON= GPS Display and Spotify Is Active, Comfort Gear Mode
When TC OFF= Sport Display Is Active, Sport Gear Mode
PAINTSHOP:
Check All Options For All The cars in Paintshop!!!
You Can Make Your Custom Look!!!
Everything Paintable
1f603.png

If you guys Notice Any Errors Or Bugs , Please Update Me To Make A New Version!
CREDITS:
Thanks To All My Buddies That Helped Me do This car !!
Buja Gili
Adriaan Suy
Miguel Silva
, Thank you guys for all the help!
Conversion:
Nizar Razzouk
Animations:
Nizar Razzouk
Cluster:
Nizar Razzouk
Spotify Display:
Buja Gili
Sport Display:
Nizar Razzouk
Buja Gili
Stance Version By:
Miguel Silva
SKINS:
Adriaan Suy
PHYSICS:
Nizar Razzouk
Steve Stirpe
Spare Me A Coffee (DONATE) :https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=9B9F3M8R4CR9C

DOWNLOAD LINKS:
1)BMW M4 Convertible Stock:https://mega.nz/file/MawEGa7I...

2)BMW M4 Convertible Stance:https://mega.nz/file/RTpEmQDQ...

3)BMW M4 Convertible Manual:https://mega.nz/file/9ehSmBpB...

144886033_4130480566981763_7680634228769059166_o.jpg

Hi, I wanted to get some help on how to modify existing cars, adding and removing numberplates, lumirank, lights, spotter-lights and so, if I'm correct I'll just need to change the LODs and data right?.

Where do I start and what programs do I need, tutorial and/or guides are mostly appreciated, hopefully no model changes to keep it simple.

Last edited:
Just tried the HSW weather script and it runs a lot better than regular Sol 4 me. with sol i was getting 90-120 fps depending on the track but with this im getting around 150-200 and less micro stuttering. only unfortunate part is that during the night, the sky has this weird orange color to it.

Just tried the HSW weather script and it runs a lot better than regular Sol 4 me. with sol i was getting 90-120 fps depending on the track but with this im getting around 150-200 and less micro stuttering. only unfortunate part is that during the night, the sky has this weird orange color to it.

Really strange.
For me its the opposite
Got 120 fps on sol
And about 55 with hsw.

Wich csp are you on?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back