Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,753 comments
Thanks again @Zin5ki!

Anyone know how to remove the shading left behind by the logo.dds file that i didn't use. Didn't show the issue in CM but came up in-game.

Screenshot_mazda_rx7_imsa_lilski_watkins_glen_18-1-121-0-31-11.jpg
custom_showroom_1613631856.jpg
custom_showroom_1613632007.jpg

Reworked ACU Mexico Track.
Removed ugly grass, added GrassFX and new cameras.
Have Fun.

View attachment 992245 View attachment 992246
Download

Thanks again for this, it's always been one of my favourite converted mod tracks in AC.
ACU did a really solid job with the conversion and your tweaks make it even better. I bumped ksAmbient and ksDiffuse for the tarmac both up to 0.4 for personal preference in VR but your config makes adjusting these a breeze. Thanks.

There are a LOT of flags around the track and they all seem to play really nicely with the CSP flag shader, so add these fields to your config and the flags will all come alive.
It really adds a lot to the visual immersion, methinks.

[BASIC]
SUPPORTS_WIND = 1
IGNORE_OTHER_CONFIGS = 1

[WIND]
DYNAMIC_FLAGS = AUTO

Last edited:
Ouff... I would only do that as a very last possibility... It will bring the track back, but it will also perform stuff you don't want to...
I know lol. That´s why I asked for the track. It would be weeks of work if I checked files...

Reworked ACU Yas Marina.
Removed 3d grass, added GrassFX and Cams for all layouts.
Have Fun.
View attachment 992438

Link dead? :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I think I managed to improve Hungaroring 1988 a little bit (at least I count this as an improvement).

Version of the track I used was the one by _EASY_. Changes I made:

- Better tree textures
- Better grass material (ripped from Terra21's Interlagos 1975)
- Demolished the ugly treewalls (this makes the track not very suitable for replays, some blank spaces, but looks OK from the cockpit)
- Added a lot of trees
- Something I forgot?

There may be some trees in weird places, didn't really watch the 1988 GP to be sure. All of this was made just for visual improvements. Of course IMO it adds to the racing experience itself.

Folder name is the same as earlier, so making a backup might be a good idea.

I'm taking no credit for this track, I was just messing around with it and ended up with a result too good just to keep for myself. I'm saying this not the raise anyone's expectations, it's still a poor track year 2021 - just a little bit better.

upload_2021-2-18_12-18-53.jpeg

https://www.mediafire.com/file/t52ch3m5ba92y7h/hungaroring1988.rar/file

Last edited:
Thanks again for this, it's always been one of my favourite converted mod tracks in AC.
ACU did a really solid job with the conversion and your tweaks make it even better. I bumped ksAmbient and ksDiffuse for the tarmac both up to 0.4 for personal preference in VR but your config makes adjusting these a breeze. Thanks.

There are a LOT of flags around the track and they all seem to play really nicely with the CSP flag shader, so add these fields to your config and the flags will all come alive.
It really adds a lot to the visual immersion, methinks.

[BASIC]
SUPPORTS_WIND = 1
IGNORE_OTHER_CONFIGS = 1

[WIND]
DYNAMIC_FLAGS = AUTO

can you please share your settings and where to install etc???

Hi,

I think I managed to improve Hungaroring 1988 a little bit (at least I count this as an improvement).

- Better tree textures
- Demolished the ugly treewalls (this makes the track not very suitable for replays, some blank spaces, but looks OK from the cockpit)
- Added a lot of trees
- Something I forgot?

There may be some trees in weird places, didn't really watch the 1988 GP to be sure. All of this was made just for visual improvements. Of course IMO it adds to the racing experience itself.

I'm taking no credit for this track, I was just messing around with it and ended up with a result too good just to keep for myself. I'm saying this not the raise anyone's expectations, it's still a poor track year 2021 - just a little bit better.

View attachment 992448

https://www.mediafire.com/file/nc80fyh4jsvoatr/hungaroring1988.rar/file
I drove @__EASY__ 's update first and the first thing I noticed when trying yours afterwards was how dark it looked, like my windscreen had suddenly gained a tint.
I guess the exposure fix you added in the config is responsible?

[SOL]
EXPOSURE_FIX=0.7

can you please share your settings and where to install etc???

Just copy those fields into the Mexico GP track folder > extension folder > ext_config.ini

Last edited:
Hi,

- Better tree textures
- Added a lot of trees
- Something I forgot?

View attachment 992448

https://www.mediafire.com/file/nc80fyh4jsvoatr/hungaroring1988.rar/file

Thanks for the update, everything to the 1988 tracks is welcome. Some minor things as a feedback:

- the S/F lights are floating in the air
upload_2021-2-18_11-50-54.png

- some hills and surroundings have big gaps in the mesh

upload_2021-2-18_11-51-33.png

I drove @__EASY__ 's update first and the first thing I noticed when trying yours afterwards was how dark it looked, like my windscreen had suddenly gained a tint.
I guess the exposure fix you added in the config is responsible?

[SOL]
EXPOSURE_FIX=0.7

That's correct. Guess my monitor is brighter than the average, I'll change that.

Thanks for the update, everything to the 1988 tracks is welcome. Some minor things as a feedback:

- the S/F lights are floating in the air
View attachment 992455

- some hills and surroundings have big gaps in the mesh

View attachment 992456

That's weird, because on my track the lights are where they should. Must be a bug in CSP?

And yes there are some meshes where you can see the edge of the world. Fixing this is beyond my skill set ATM, I can only try to hide them with more trees (as I tried at the area you pointed out, updated the link at earlier post, including changed exposure_fix in the config).

Last edited by a moderator:
That's correct. Guess my monitor is brighter than the average, I'll change that.

That's weird, because on my track the lights are where they should. Must be a bug in CSP?

And yes there are some meshes where you can see the edge of the world. Fixing this is beyond my skill set ATM, I can only try to hide them with more trees (as I tried at the area you pointed out, updated the link at earlier post, including changed exposure_fix in the config).

Trees are floating in the air now. Sorry, don´t want to stress you too much, just take this as a constructive feedback.

upload_2021-2-18_13-6-35.png

Trees are floating in the air now. Sorry, don´t want to stress you too much, just take this as a constructive feedback.

View attachment 992459

No problem at all. Is that picture from where the turn 5 is at the modern version? If so, I'm not seeing those floaters while driving or in the kn5-file. That must be some kind of a bug, unfortunately.

There are some floating threes but they shouldn't be visible while driving at least.

I have here the Bac Mono from Beto. Unfortunately, no flames come out of the exhaust when I have "New Flames" active. If the field is not activated, then the flames work. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance
Disable "New Flames" ...
OK....I'm leaving... :D
But seriously, I have the same 'issue'. Just do the above, wait until it gets fixed, or ask at CSP Discord.

@DaBaeda, forgot to mention, Geotags need adding to the track for correct seasons/sun angles etc.
For Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez these are:
19 24 15 N, 99 05 28 W
btw, this truly only works IF the track itself is also oriented properly along X,Z axis in regard to real geographical positioning (otherwise North is quite arbitrary)

hint: its a rare track that actually has its real N/S alignment along the proper geo axis coordinates.

Last edited:
btw, this truly only works IF the track itself is also oriented properly along X,Z axis in regard to real geographical positioning (otherwise North is quite arbitrary)

hint: its a rare track that actually has its real N/S alignment along the proper geo axis coordinates.
Yeah, it's always done in hope that the track was oriented correctly and will always be a compromise if not, but at least geotags give the right locational sun angles for time of day/day of month/month of year so you don't end up with low winter sun in the middle of June in the northern hemisphere.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back