Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,772 comments
Reworked Nola Motorsport Park (Author: Terra21).
Removed 3d Grass, added GrassFX and cams.
Have Fun.
Nola1.jpg
Nola2.jpg
Nola3.jpg
Nola4.jpg

RainFX for Aspertsham:

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = Asphalt?, asphalt?, ConcreteMat, KramerpflasterMat, AsphReiterMat, WirtpodestMat, ass1Mat, RandplattenMat, asph?, AspheinspMat
SOAKING_MATERIALS = Asphalt?, asphalt?, ConcreteMat, KramerpflasterMat, AsphReiterMat, WirtpodestMat, pflaster_kreuzung_Mat, ass1Mat, RandplattenMat, AsphBrnPlattenMat, asph?, AspheinspMat
SMOOTH_MATERIALS = Verkehrsschilder_Mat
ROUGH_MATERIALS = grass?, Grass?, Zweitgrass?, feldwirthuegel?, pflaster_kreuzung_Mat, dirtMat, MistMat, GravelMat

RainFX for Toban (toban/db_toban):

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = ASPH_TRACKMAINNEW_WET, ROAD_TRACKMAINOLD_WET
SOAKING_MATERIALS = ASPH_TRACKMAINNEW_WET, ROAD_TRACKMAINOLD_WET
SMOOTH_MATERIALS = DISTMARK
ROUGH_MATERIALS = GRASS_TERRAIN

Last edited by a moderator:
Reworked Nola Motorsport Park (Author: Terra21).
Removed 3d Grass, added GrassFX and cams.
Have Fun.

Why do you make a complete new version of a track, just to add GrassFX and some new cams? You can do this just with an extension config and some cam files as addon for the original track.

Last edited:
Why do you make a complete new version of a track, just to add GrassFX and some new cams? You can do this just with an extension config and some cam files as addon for the original track.
Its faster i make a new version, before i write an extension config, also i changed a few textures.
When you remove the 3d grass with 3dSimed3 (needs 30 sec.), , its faster then i write a extension config for it.

Why is it when I open some skin .dds files they don't show any graphic in photoshop, just a checkerboard, despite being working skins and having an icon with the right graphic on it? More to the point how do I sort it? Thanks

Why is it when I open some skin .dds files they don't show any graphic in photoshop, just a checkerboard, despite being working skins and having an icon with the right graphic on it? More to the point how do I sort it? Thanks

Which version of the .DDS plugin are you using? If it's the old Nvidia one it doesn't properly support some of the newer DDS formats. Try switching to the Intel plugin or the newer Nvidia one

Which version of the .DDS plugin are you using? If it's the old Nvidia one it doesn't properly support some of the newer DDS formats. Try switching to the Intel plugin or the newer Nvidia one
Thanks, but I have the latest version. I've been told it's an alpha channel problem and I should use paint.net

Here you go @moyletra and @Sun Solaris - Final requests til after the weekend - Zip File below Hope you enjoy them
View attachment 992785

View attachment 992784
View attachment 992969

All skins updated to reflect country code on the rear flank
Link to the original post and GDrive downloads: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-2242#post-13354041

Due to quite a few requests (who knew there were so many countries :D) I've scaled it down to an individual skin for each country following the initial upload.
I'm still hoping o finish the custom championship by the end of the weekend but had a thought that it might be a good idea if we could host it on a server for an online version of the 'Round the World Challenge' with each participant choosing a track/circuit of their country.

PS: I can set up the races with 'AC sever manager' but I don't have a clue how to host as I am not an online racer myself (need to improve badly before that happens :banghead::D)

Last edited:

Just be grateful he's not started a patreon page. :lol:

For what it's worth its great for newbies to the experience who maybe don't yet have those tracks at all.
For us lot we just need to pick out the bits we think we need. (i.e. doing grass and rain fx is about as simple as it gets so i dont have any tracks without it already)

A little later than planned due to circumstances beyond anyone's control, here is Okutama 2.0, originally converted by ACU and updated by collaborative effort.
This will overwrite the old version.
Thanks to everyone involved, you know who you are.

Screenshot_pb_tvr_tuscan_s_acu_okutama-circuit_6-2-121-19-14-26.jpg Screenshot_pb_tvr_tuscan_s_acu_okutama-circuit_6-2-121-19-18-15.jpg Screenshot_pb_tvr_tuscan_s_acu_okutama-circuit_6-2-121-19-9-29.jpg Screenshot_pb_tvr_tuscan_s_acu_okutama-circuit_6-2-121-19-10-26.jpg

Updates include:
  • New default billboards and teardrop flags, plus ten additional billboard/flag skins
  • Missing model replacement (camera gantries etc)
  • GrassFX config
  • RainFX config
  • New AI
  • Animated patrolling helicopters and blimp
  • New balloons with random flare animation
  • Several texture updates to improve visuals and resolve flickering/z-fighting
  • Mountain colouring adjusted to blend in better
  • All configs are now referenced in the track extension folder, not externally
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ps91xgokhk92lq0/acu_okutama-circuit.7z/file

Last edited:
Thanks, but I have the latest version. I've been told it's an alpha channel problem and I should use paint.net
yep, it's alpha is set to 0 - so you need to set alpha to 255.

also mind if I ask what you are doing with the DDS files?
If you are making skins then you should create a new AO in content manager showroom (untick transparency in the options), add a paint layer and make skins that way.

Last edited:
Wow. Never drink coffee? To me, that's like saying "I don't need oxygen". Not that I drink an enormnous amount of it, but I do seriously enjoy what I do drink. :)
I don't drink coffee either, can't stand the stuff. Tea for me all day every day. About 10 cups a day lol

Me too. Yorkshire tea left to brew for a long time in a pint mug. Tiny splash of milk. No sugar, naturally.
I must have five pints a day.

Hell yeah, or 2 red Asda tea bags brewed for 5 minutes cause Yorkshire tea is a bloody rip off at Morrisons. Pint mug for sure, i can't do tiny mugs lol. I am a sugar fan though

Err I've made some new skins and will release soon - trying to keep this on topic before the mods step in and tell us off for talking about tea and coffee (or beer and whiskey :lol: )

If anyone is wondering why Okutama 2.0 overwrites the original track and isn't released as a standalone... there's your answer.
@Fanapryde threatened to get medieval on my ass if his total mileage had to get reset.
:lol:
Not sure who to ask - maybe everyone - DaBaeda is updating some tracks (which is much appreciated, thanks man!) and I noticed that he is now (after some debate) sharing his updates with "db_" wouldn't that reset mileage? Is that good? Or desirable?

Has anyone done Havana from Grid2019 yet? I can open the files in 3dsimed but the roads/ground and water are missing, everything else in place and all textures etc are great, but, as its for a racing game I am thinking missing roads are a deal breaker... I must be missing something in the import I guess?

(also if its already done let me know dont wanna waste time on it then)
upload_2021-2-21_11-31-58.png

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back