Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,691 comments
Ah, looks like the grass texture has been totally replaced, losing all of the 'worn scrubland' look. Edit: oh, and bushes removed too.
I just put the extension folder into my original track so didn't notice all that.

@DaBaeda, be aware too that I don't think you're always using the latest versions of these tracks as the base for your improvements, and your tracks will try to overwrite the existing ones.
Your Korea International Circuit seems based on ACU's original but @Delta7Fox already did a lot of improvements to the track, including new textures and billboards, geotags, UI info etc.
Edit: @Fanapryde posted a link here about a year ago https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...eral-discussion.307899/page-965#post-13059777

Might it be safer if you just provide the grass/tarmac configs and new cameras for adding to the track, or if you're actually altering the kn5 then release yours as brand new tracks so they don't overwrite the existing? That was people can easily compare them and copy over any billboard skins etc that might otherwise get lost.

Maybe... they look great on 0.1.68. I'll try them on 0.1.70.

There's also this track updated by Jim which a lot of people have overlooked:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1439#post-13175364

@Fanapryde, here's my optimisations in CM >settings > custom shaders patch > general patch settings.
Maybe give them a go to fix the Mexico flags?

optimisations.PNG

Last edited:

Attachments

• RTW_NIR_57.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 22
  • RTW_FIN_20.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:
There's also this track updated by Jim which a lot of people have overlooked:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1439#post-13175364
It all gets a bit confusing, doesn't it? Especially when the version numbers don't get updated when updates are released.
I don't think @DaBaeda 's track overwrites Jim's, I think it was based on a different update by @__EASY__ ... I think.
But even Jim didn't update the version number or add his name to the UI on the version he updated, so tracking the changes can be tricky.
I'd hate to know how many personal tweaks to cars and tracks I've lost over the years when updating to "new and improved" versions. I'm in the habit now of putting notes in the UI and increasing the version number dramatically as a warning flag on any stuff I've altered for personal use, or saving it as a brand new car or track to make it unique.

Last edited:
It all gets a bit confusing, doesn't it? Especially when the version numbers don't get updated when updates are released.
I don't think @DaBaeda 's track overwrites Jim's, I think it was based on a different update by @__EASY__ ... I think.
But even Jim didn't update the version number or add his name to the UI on the version he updated, so tracking the changes can be tricky.
I'd hate to know how many personal tweaks to cars and tracks I've lost over the years when updating to "new and improved" versions. I'm in the habit now of putting notes in the UI and increasing the version number dramatically as a warning flag on any stuff I've altered for personal use, or saving it as a brand new car or track to make it unique.
I'm pretty sure Jim's was a rework/update of ACU's but has a different folder name so can be installed alongside. Physics mesh and trees were separated into their own kn5's too.

I'm pretty sure Jim's was a rework/update of ACU's but has a different folder name so can be installed alongside. Physics mesh and trees were separated into their own kn5's too.
Yes, but there's no new version number or identification in the UI to suggest that it's an update so could easily be unwittingly deleted as a duplicate rather than kept as an improvement, especially when other updates get released.
Version numbers of car and track mods not being updated is one of my many pet gripes, lol.
;)

Last edited:
The is the track I mentioned, Shek O on HK island:
https://assettocorsa.club/mods/tracks/hong.html

https://assettocorsamods.net/threads/shek-o-hong-kong.322/page-2

There is also a track cam for it on Racedepartment:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/hong-kong-0-5-trackcams-update.11137/

Pretty cool track but too bad it wasn't a loop. Nonetheless, thanks the modder for the track.

It's one of the four "touge" tracks from Codemasters' GRID 2/GRID Autosport. I'd love to see someone bring this one up to scratch graphically. We have CHiQuiFReaKy on youtube who have been converting other tracks from GRID, but apart from Cote d'Azur he hasn't done any of the other three tracks even though old rips of them have been floating on the internet for a while. I made a summary post of them all here if you're interested: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...eral-discussion.307899/page-771#post-13002503

Does anyone have any knowledge to share around adding Launch Control (/two step rev limiter) to cars? I've seen it in quite a few cars now, such as the one here:
or here

I'm finally deciding to make myself useful to the community and have got to work on improving the GT Sport conversion of the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X found here (unencrypted version here). Given how opposed I am to paid mods not being scratch made it's a little hilarious that I chose this mod to start working on first, but apparently I become a hypocrite when it comes to a good model of my irl car :lol:

Being a GT Sport convert, the model is pretty damn clean, and it handles quite nicely considering the author made it without access to a wheel (admittedly I was very tempted to rip JakubP's physics from the FQ360 for my own personal version of it, but I decided to actually learn something myself about modding).

So far I've fixed up the gearbox (the mod had the six speed SST transmission while the real Final Edition only came out as a five speed manual), messed with the ABS to stop it attempting to destroy my wheel every time I touched the brakes, and fixed up the speedometer being out of sync. I also fixed up the brakes and handbrake to a level that I find realistic (unfortunately no real data, but I daily drive one of these cars and it seems pretty close).

Current plans are to try and improve the AWD system a little, work on a base tuning setup, and ideally put in the factory two step (rev limiter at 5,500 rpm while stopped in first gear).

hi team, Im trying to add a gear indicator in the gauges, how I can made it? (I know I need the digital instruments file in data folder, I have the name of the gauges object) thanks in advance

Reworked ACU Sepang Track.
Added Cams and GrassFX.
View attachment 992470

Thank you for the rework! The track feels livelier now and the north of the track is facing the right way. All it needs now is some proper lights at night.

FYI and to anyone who could take on making changes to the track model, SIC went through some changes surface wise and the addition of a new paddock at the north circuit. Some of the turns on the rl track (the ACU version of Sepang is pretty close to the real thing) feels almost the same except for turn 15 which you have to take a later line than before.

https://www.racefans.net/2016/09/27/in-detail-how-sepang-has-changed-for-2016/

https://www.dsf.my/2016/09/sepang-i...ts-all-new-south-paddock-and-paddock-chalets/

Last edited:
Hi, After a bit of help, sure its a setting somewhere but the mirrors don't work on all the AI cars in a race. when i look at there cars all I can see is the placeholder texture but no mirror effect.
any ideas

thanks

Hi, After a bit of help, sure its a setting somewhere but the mirrors don't work on all the AI cars in a race. when i look at there cars all I can see is the placeholder texture but no mirror effect.
any ideas

thanks
This seems to come and go with different CSP builds so I wouldn't worry about it too much, it'll hopefully finally be fixed for good in an update.
If it does bother you, copy the mirror texture dds from a Kunos car in CM Showroom and swap it for the red/blue calibration one that the 'bad' cars probably use.
Or try changing to another CSP build, of course.
I'm not sure if there's a mirror setting in one of the many CSP options that might be affecting it too - might be worth having a poke around there as well.

Last edited:
This seems to come and go with different CSP builds so I wouldn't worry about it too much, it'll hopefully finally be fixed for good in an update.
If it does bother you, copy the mirror texture dds from a Kunos car in CM Showroom and swap it for the red/blue calibration one that the 'bad' cars probably use.
Or try changing to another CSP build, of course.
I'm not sure if there's a mirror setting in one of the many CSP options that might be affecting it too - might be worth having a poke around there as well.

Thanks for this; it fixed the BAC Mono mirrors for me (which have always annoyed me a little!) You should put this little tip in the Discord mate :cheers:

hey mates..

anyone else got massive fps issues with the VRC indycars?

same track with others 100+ fps

with vrc indycars below 50...

any fix for this?

happens on all csp versions for me

Thanks for this; it fixed the BAC Mono mirrors for me (which have always annoyed me a little!) You should put this little tip in the Discord mate :cheers:
I'll do it with a disclaimer that it might not be required if it's fixed in a future CSP update, otherwise someone might spend a day updating their cars unnecessarily. :irked:

Here you go @moyletra and @Sun Solaris - Final requests til after the weekend - Zip File below Hope you enjoy them
View attachment 992785

View attachment 992784
All skins updated to reflect country code on the rear flank
Link to the original post and GDrive downloads: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-2242#post-13354041
Man you made a great job! Thanks for that !
Any chance for the Israeli flag on it ? I know there is no many clients for that but still .

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back