Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,772 comments
Thats good and i know you are smart guy Apex ,but you now missed the point and this story dont go anywhere.
It seems to be going in circles because you refuse to acknowledge the points that have been shared with you.

Evry day somone new will be here... You must know im not only one, for that what you say you need to go to some page to download mod
The new members can use the search button. What is stopping them?

on you tube you have just there to many guys who send links to download mods withot the they are contact owner and ask for premision.
Do they post their videos in this discussion thread?

see you in next video
You are welcome to post it here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-video-thread.290887/

This is open world my point is to promote Owners from the mods ,skins ,etc.
No problem with that. Why do we need a video? For example....

Hey guys! I know this is not a new released car, but I'm still having so much fun with it. I'm <doing this> and <doing that> and etc, etc, etc. Are you guys experiencing <something> with this car? If anyone missed out on this car, I suggest you go download it immediately at <discord link>.
dont mind me, just posting this here for the people who arent on discord

2019 Porsche 911 GT3 R (991.2)
Screenshot_crsh_porsche_911_gt3_r_2019_endurance_lilski_road_america_19-7-120-13-37-56.png

its finally back! a bit overdue but its back

i havent really written a changelog but the biggest change overall are the Physics (thank you unknown hero!), for now there is only 1 tyre compound available, i will try to push out an update for the tyres at some point to add more compounds. You will now need to carefully warm up the tyres and also warm up your brakes to get the maximum out of them, overall the car has gotten easier to drive and harder to drive at the same time due to the aforementioned factors (its also much less bouncy). some new skins have been added as well.
At last i'd just like to thank everyone who helped work on this, all of you are mentioned in the readme file. And last but not least, if you'd like to buy me a beer, consider donating to the paypal link at the bottom of the readme file.

Thank You everyone and enjoy!

LATEST CSP REQUIRED

bind your lowbeam/highbeams key as they now work correctly, on the endurance version highbeams light up the lower endurance lights and lower headlight portion

refer to readme for full credits or instructions on how to use certain features the car comes with

DL: https://mega.nz/file/PptwFKDL#STS3FcDnSK6IbeRWnIyjf9_XTTQsdBhxoV8d8oNFcVQ

Last edited:
GT4 Pack - Beta - Guerilla Mods - colliders update

before
custom_showroom_1614590312.jpg

after
custom_showroom_1614590332.jpg
May I ask you which program do you use to modify the collider? I know someone here suggested 3ds max, but for me to pay $ 1,600 per year, which is what the subscription costs, it doesn't make sense. Thanks.

May I ask you which program do you use to modify the collider? I know someone here suggested 3ds max, but for me to pay $ 1,600 per year, which is what the subscription costs, it doesn't make sense. Thanks.

Blender is a very powerful 3D program, and it is free. A large portion of the modding community uses it, and there is a huge community around the software itself with a lot of resources for learning and plugins and the like 👍

Makes for a great read this thread, in different aspects... :lol:

Fantastic work to the modders who's content I've tried, I can't name them all as there's too many but you all deserve praise.

also, a short while back there was an Ascari circuit posted, I have been meaning to ask but was that project abandoned? The layout given was pretty good just the visuals, AI and track limits needed some work.

Does anybody know if a Opel/Vauxhall Astra TCR car is available?

Ohh my..... What the hell is this????:banghead: This incompetent modders...... selling mods for money?????:scared:

1. In that picture, there is an ASTRA (J) OPC Cup car, which is mainly raced in VLN cup (Nordschleife).
2. This car NEVER raced in BTCC!! (Vauxhall cars in BTCC: Astra (Kadett) E, Vectra A and B, Astra G and H, Vectra C, Insignia, and ASTRA K)
3. GSI name is appear last in ASTRA F generation, after that the sport modells called OPC. (It was in 1999, when Astra G launched!!)
4. The name is 2016, but in 2016 NO VAUXHALL in BTCC. They returned with K modell in 2017. (And the K modell launched in 2015...)

Although in real life it was a Cup car, it was the first Opel TCR car. They raced in the TCR international series, If I remeber well they modified a bit the car after some round.

And the new Astra K TCR car released at late 2015. This car is also available for assetto. You can found in the EATC mod. Here is the latest version for they 2021 online season
https://vk.com/topic-107548881_47016727

You can find one here:

Never! Never get anything from CIR it really is not quality, not quality use of your $$$

The eatc mod isn't bad, I personally haven't tested the 2021 edition which is latest so I have no idea if they've improved any physics etc, but by far the best TCR mod is the Tommy78, he's working on the 2019 wtcr version currently. I've already emailed him regarding a "homologation DLC" pack, which would contain the other cars currently available for use in TCR series around the world but most of those models aren't obviously partaking in that current version of 2019 mod. Problem is with the astra, even though it's a homologated car, barely anyone uses it.

Hell even the 4 cars that Kelly Racing brought downunder for 2019, are for sale currently tells you all you need to know about the popularity.

P.S. Anyone by chance happen to have the eatc 2020 files?

Last edited:
Ok i understand. Sorry for posting it here. We keep the mod for us only
Don't get the wrong idea, we are all happy for you to post your mods here, but you're asking for people to purchase stolen property, simply because you paid for the stolen content in the first place. We're all happy to use rips, but profiting from them is another discussion entirely. You're not entirely at fault here - the blame largely goes to the person you paid $200 to for the stolen content in the first place.

Dijon Prenois 2016 v2.01

This 3D-track was made by SimBin for GT Legends.
Digga enhanced the track for rF2 in the 2016 configuration.
The conversion and enhancement to Assetto Corsa was done by Rainmaker.
And now enhanced by gunnar333 for CSP

Added: GrassFX, RainFX, Seasons, Lights, Semaphores, digital flags, groove line, missing tv camera crew, satellite image scenery, vao, ui stuff
Fixed: flags, material adjustments

https://sharemods.com/oyvdcldyzyy3/dijon-prenois2016.7z.html

bgr00.jpg

bgr00.jpg

Ok i understand. Sorry for posting it here. We keep the mod for us only
That's basically what you already said in your original post though, it's private unless anyone here is prepared to pay for it. Nothing has changed.
I was rather hoping your position might have changed after the overwhelming negative response you received to your "Look at this! You can't have it!" brag-bait. I've got no personal interest in the car but was kind of hoping you might have thought "OK, on reflection it was undeniably silly to pay $200 to some shyster for a freely-available model (especially one so blatantly substandard), and trying to pass that mistake onto the community so that THEY reimburse us for our own mistake does look extremely greedy and devious, and maybe rubbing people's face in it was arrogant, especially by promoting a mod then telling people they can't have it unless they pay us even though profiting from stolen content is borderline criminal so we might be tricking those people into being accessories to a crime, and after all I've had an abundance of fantastic free content from this brilliant Assetto Corsa modding community so maybe I can use this opportunity to give something back... but no, instead I'll just post a huffy statement with an F.U. to GTP saying if you won't pay we'll keep it private along with any other mods".

I'm just wondering what response you were actually expecting? Did you really think people would be tripping over each other to throw money at you?

I'll explain to you what it's really about us. we used to publish all of our cars for free and never wanted to benefit from them.

but since some people started to publish or sell our work on other websites and that without our permission we decided to only publish our work for money.

You don't like this method, ok. But ask yourself why we do it that way. If we had published the R18 for free, no one would have said anything against it and I bet in 2 days at the latest someone would have spent our work somewhere as theirs and earned money with it and we just don't feel like doing it anymore

As long as there are people like that, we won't publish anything for free.

I don't care if you understand and accept our point of view but if people would do that with your work you would be pissed off too

Hello, thx for the great update, just 1 thing beware, your collider work in general except the "Panoz Avezzano GT4", the car won't load in my case after replace this, has to fallback to original one to make it load into the game, thx !

GT4 Pack - Beta - Guerilla Mods - colliders update

before

after

I'll explain to you what it's really about us. we used to publish all of our cars for free and never wanted to benefit from them.

but since some people started to publish or sell our work on other websites and that without our permission we decided to only publish our work for money.

You don't like this method, ok. But ask yourself why we do it that way. If we had published the R18 for free, no one would have said anything against it and I bet in 2 days at the latest someone would have spent our work somewhere as theirs and earned money with it and we just don't feel like doing it anymore

As long as there are people like that, we won't publish anything for free.

I don't care if you understand and accept our point of view but if people would do that with your work you would be pissed off too
But like I said above, making people pay for something won't stop it from being abused, it'll likely encourage that sort of thing. Make a perfect car and encrypt it if you want protection. Or is this perhaps nothing to do with protection and more about monetisation?

But like I said above, making people pay for something won't stop it from being abused, it'll likely encourage that sort of thing. Make a perfect car and encrypt it if you want protection. Or is this perhaps nothing to do with protection and more about monetisation?
No, But we do not actually sell it at the moment. Before we started working on this project i have asked some people for financial help. Without that the mod wouldn´t actually exist now. Only the ones who have supported us before we mod was finished will get it. Thats a very small group of people so if the car will be shared or uploaded on other websites it is easier to know who has done that

Last edited:
No, But we do not actually sell it at the moment. Before we started working on this project i have asked some people for financial help. Without that the mod wouldn´t actually exist now. Only the ones who have supported us before we mod was finished will get it. Thats a very small group of people so if the car will be shared or uploaded on other websites it is easier to know who has done that
OK, putting aside the obvious question "why the hell post about it here then if nobody here will be able to use it", I still don't quite understand why you now want to keep everything private if you were happy to create mods in the past for fun and share them for free. OK, this one car is an anomaly because you paid over the odds for a model when you really didn't need to, but if your other mods (and future mods) are normal rips from free models then why suddenly get upset about people butchering them? It kind of goes with the territory once a mod is out there in the wild unless it's protected. It probably happened to the very first mod ever produced. If you make your cars as perfect as they can be then it vastly reduces the chance of people feeling the need to 'improve' them.

Last edited:
I actually has no problem if someone improve our mods. Thats not the problem. The problem is that they sell our free mods as their own work. And every time we tell the admins of the websites on which our free mods are selled to delete it one day later they upload and sell our free mods again.

Thats why we do not release our cars for free. Except those we make completely ourselves. It was maybe not clever to post it here but i thought it is easier than to contact every supporter via pm. I excuse myself for that. Will not happen anymore.

And the reason why we paid money for the model was simply that the general quality was not perfect but better as the R18 model which is available for free. It was easier for us to work with that. I have seen models on turbosquid or other websites for more than 200€ and in much worser quality. If you say why spend 200€ for something that is available for free i have to disagree. Yes there is a free R18 model but it is not the same we have used in terms of its quality.

I don't know how much better it was but our team has decided to use the payed 3d model instead of using the free version. I think the team has a reason for that

Dijon Prenois 2016 v2.01

This 3D-track was made by SimBin for GT Legends.
Digga enhanced the track for rF2 in the 2016 configuration.
The conversion and enhancement to Assetto Corsa was done by Rainmaker.
And now enhanced by gunnar333 for CSP

Added: GrassFX, RainFX, Seasons, Lights, Semaphores, digital flags, groove line, missing tv camera crew, satellite image scenery, vao, ui stuff
Fixed: flags, material adjustments

https://sharemods.com/oyvdcldyzyy3/dijon-prenois2016.7z.html

View attachment 994970

View attachment 994971

Hi Gunnar, is that the same version as available on Filemissing´s discord? Or even further improved?

You know encryption was made for that reason. You can release it that way and be open to any possible suggestion or improvement
Yes but we don't want to enscrypt our mods. Some of our supporters want to make their own physics and their own adjustments to make an evo version to compete with the 919 evo and that is ok for us as long as they don't publish them

Last edited:
I actually has no problem if someone improve our mods. Thats not the problem. The problem is that they sell our free mods as their own work. And every time we tell the admins of the websites on which our free mods are selled to delete it one day later they upload and sell our free mods again.

Thats why we do not release our cars for free. Except those we make completely ourselves. It was maybe not clever to post it here but i thought it is easier than to contact every supporter via pm. I excuse myself for that. Will not happen anymore.
But if you release them for free and they are widely distributed and easily found on all the usual outlets, why on earth would anyone then pay someone else for them?
And again, making people pay for them will not stop any shysters from selling them on if that's what they decide to do. Hell, even encryption won't stop anyone from selling it on, it'll only offer protection against modification (which you say you're not against anyway).
It really does seem like you're going the ripped model paymod route like a few other modders have done because you see an opportunity to monetise your mods, and the 'official' reasons seem like a smokescreen to me because they don't really make sense. Monetising rips is generally frowned upon within the community and I always wonder if it's ever worthwhile considering how readily things leak, although certain modders do have a defence force of disciples who seem to love spending money unnecessarily.
Best of luck I guess?

Yes but we don't want to enscrypt our mods. Some of our supporters want to make their own physics and their own adjustments to make an evo version to compete with the 919 evo and that is ok for us as long as they don't publish them

If this is the real reason then why not distribute encrypted versions for free, but give your trusted supporters the decryption key? Win-win, everyone's happy.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back