Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,830 comments
Be happy with the thousands of free mods, which can't be all explored.
Let him be happy with his paymods.
Geroda has (IMHO) better taste in cars than the average AC player. I'm tired of seeing so many different variations of the Nissan R34. He does classic cars and other obscure stuff basically no one cares about, and that's what I like about him. The few free mods he released are pretty good. If money wasn't a problem I would support him.

yes. v1.2
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/shaft-pp-filter-aka-dawn2dusk.36949/updates
This looks stunning. Does it still work well with the latest Sol 2 versions?

re: mod "donations"

I do have a "beer" link
I do have a Patreon
I have never asked for a "beer". (some have given me a few excellent bottles however)
All of my Patreon content is free, period. (its just a page to host my stuff publicly in one place)

cheers and thank you to all of the community for enjoying what I offer.

Last edited:
The password is : ltx2

Thanks

The Infiniti Q50 off Baidu
https://sharemods.com/bf5ei4f4qk4n/infiniti_q50s.rar.html

Bahrain, Emilia Romagna, Algarve Portimao, Barcelona, Monaco, Baku City, Gilles Villeneuve, Paul Ricard, Red Bull Ring, Silverstone, Hungaroring, Spa-Francorchamps, Zandvoort, Monza, Sochi Autodrom, Marina Bay, Suzuka, Circuit of the Americas,​
Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, Interlagos, Melbourne Park, Jeddah, Yas Marina.

Nice, can't wait do run the 2021 Season. Which version of Baku is currently the most optimized? I think it is the one track that currently might not be able to run with full grid.

Hopefully a full 2021 F1 car pack with individual 3D model will popup. ACFL is only releasing 1 car model with skin variations this season. Might has well just run RSS 2021 Car if thats the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Masscot since I have been driving without csp lately, switching back and forth, I have noticed something that I read a lot in your posts: a lot of cockpit, in VR, are too dark, even in KS cars.
But not so much without csp.
Maybe the solution is in a setting in csp.

Nice, can't wait do run the 2021 Season. Which version of Baku is currently the most optimized? I think it is the one track that currently might not be able to run with full grid.

Hopefully a full 2021 F1 car pack with individual 3D model will popup. ACFL is only releasing 1 car model with skin variations this season. Might has well just run RSS 2021 Car if thats the case.

Does anyone have or know of a Jeddah Street Circuit mod for F1 - Thanks

Geroda has (IMHO) better taste in cars than the average AC player. I'm tired of seeing so many different variations of the Nissan R34. He does classic cars and other obscure stuff basically no one cares about, and that's what I like about him. The few free mods he released are pretty good. If money wasn't a problem I would support him.

About 2 years ago I tried to politely ask him on a Facebook post he made advising he was going to donation access for his mods that he just be transparent on the work he was doing on these conversions if he is looking to charge people for the mods. He replied by defensively attacking me, then put up a new post on his page that everyone just wants his mods for free.

Rubbed me wrong way that time, okay no fake copyright strikes and the quality of the mods themselves are better than sim dream. But these are still based on conversions that he is charging money for that he is not being clear about. It's a red flag when you have to PM people for details on how to pay or get the mod as they are hiding something they know is wrong and it's not that far removed from this to be honest.

Again I got no problem with conversions, just you can't charge for something that comes from another game and anything you sell you need to be transparent.

Last edited:
About 2 years ago I tried to politely ask him on a Facebook post he made advising he was going to donation access for his mods that he just be transparent on the work he was doing on these conversions if he is looking to charge people for the mods. He replied by defensively attacking me, then put up a new post on his page that everyone just wants his mods for free.

Rubbed me wrong way that time, okay no fake copyright strikes and the quality of the mods themselves are better than sim dream. But these are still based on conversions that he is charging money for that he is not being clear about. It's a red flag when you have to PM people for details on how to pay or get the mod as they are hiding something they know is wrong and it's not that far removed from this to be honest.

Again I got no problem with conversions, just you can't charge for something that comes from another game and anything you sell you need to be transparent.

Geroda is a vetern modder in some sense, he have been around since rf1 days and has never been great at communication. He may not be the best out there, but he does spend great amount of effort in creating his mods.

For me, 50 euro is not a lot to show some support.

A bag of cocaine isn't much either, doesn't make it right though.

Those that see simdream differently to Geroda74, this i don't understand.

Is the issue selling ripped mods?
Is it selling rubbish mods with bad physics?
Is it both?

If you imagine that Geroda74 has sold 100 of his gold memberships, that i 5k for selling forza rips.

I'd guess he sold more than 100 memberships considering how many folks use AC.

He's made a lot of very easy money doing something most do for a hobby...

Last edited:
Hi all - a tiny question about the Alpine A220 (SDD Le Mans Heroes Mod 2 :nervous:):
at some point someone may have added working lights for this one :confused:?
(i know, SDD, poor quality :rolleyes:- but i use these cars for my Le Mans sixties grid...)

20210309183432_1.jpg

I grabbed an update for Kyalami 76, the one everyone is saying there is a virus in, but i grabbed it from a repost of a reupload of a repacked version. I think. Hard to figure out where it started, so, to whomever made it

the cars and caravans all this same dull grey? And all the signs seem dark as well? (just delete the vao-patch?)
upload_2021-3-10_5-38-56.png

EDIT: I just fired up the original track this was converted from in AMS, the vehicles are all different colors in the orginal
upload_2021-3-10_5-48-54.png

and @VheEth have you ever figured out how to bring this original grass over from AMS? the way it graduates kind of randomnly to dead grass/sand near the track edge is very well done in AMS but all the conversion loose this
upload_2021-3-10_5-50-24.png

Last edited:
An idea about SD situation...

1. They use Paypal.
Paypal will take away their account if you can show IP theft and monetary gain.

2. The current website is hosted in the USA, which has strong IP laws. Contact and report abuse against "assettocorsamods.org".
Hosting provider info:
OrgName: A2 Hosting, Inc.
Address: P.O. Box 2998
City: Ann Arbor, MI 48106
http://www.a2hosting.com
David Cundiff +1-734-222-4678
dcundiff@a2hosting.com
abuse@a2hosting.com

Registar info:
Domain Name: ASSETTOCORSAMODS.ORG
Registry Domain ID: D402200000001716860-LROR
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@godaddy.com

Registrant Organization: Simdream
Registrant State/Province: Brasov
Registrant Country: MD (Moldova)

3. what if masses of people "bought" and charged back because IP theft?
This is what I suggested on RD as well, but without this amount of detail. Thanks for this information. However, some guy over there had a horror story about how Scamdream counter-claimed and somehow got the guy's Paypal "suspended".

I highly doubt this is what happened. I've been dealing with PayPal since its very early days, and have never heard of them suspending anyone's account just for opening a dispute.

If a multitude of people start having problems with Scamdream and are saying the same thing ('What I bought was stolen IP"), then PayPal will hopefully realize they're doing payment processing for a criminal organization and cut them off.

Same logic applies to their web hosting. If one person complains, that's one thing. If a lot of people are saying the same thing, it's quite another.

Let's get this done.

I find it to be the slowest of all the cars, I didn't measure the fuel but it is by far the slowest car of them all. I just ran a test of 50 laps on Spa and the NSX's were the slowest of this group.
If I drive it then it seems like it's on pace with the other cars, but as AI it seems like it's much faster than the rest and then there's the fuel burn thing too.

@Masscot since I have been driving without csp lately, switching back and forth, I have noticed something that I read a lot in your posts: a lot of cockpit, in VR, are too dark, even in KS cars.
But not so much without csp.
Maybe the solution is in a setting in csp.
I recommend playing around with Sol Config, I lowered HDR to 40% and went up a little bit with contrast and saturation using Sol_Extra

hey mates quick questions
i want to rework (hp, torque , weight ) some cars .. is it enough just to change these values in content manager or do i need to edit some data files too?

I hear what you're saying, but surely he's entitled to some sort of compensation for the excellent work he's doing. His mods are simply some of the absolute best-driving cars in all of AC, and all of them have scratch-made custom physics. I place him just below the incomparable Bazza in terms of overall driving excellence, and I'm happy to help out with a donation (which is how he sees it) so that he has the spare time to keep creating these cars. He doesn't have a commercial site, just a bunch of Facebook friends who support him with a one-time donation. Once you join his Gold club, you get to be part of his community and enjoy his creations.

He certainly doesn't deserve to be compared to ScamDream IMHO. He does have quite a few free cars (I highly recommend his 909 Bergspyder) to try out beforehand. Personally, I feel it was the best 50 euros I've ever spent.

Not sure which version of Baku I'm running at the moment but it is high detail. To be fair it's not up there in my favourite tracks and I don't drive it very often. I will ensure I use the best versions of the tracks for the best experiences.
So just out of curiosity I have just ran a 20 car grid of RSS Hybrids all with 2021 skins on them on my version of Baku. It was smooth as butter at 1440 but I do have an i9 10900k CPU and a RTX2080super GPU. I have no idea where the track came from or who the creator is but here is a link to it.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/7e8m5osyk8ufppe/baku.rar/file

Last edited:
I grabbed an update for Kyalami 76, the one everyone is saying there is a virus in, but i grabbed it from a repost of a reupload of a repacked version. I think. Hard to figure out where it started, so, to whomever made it

I cant remember but were the cars and caravans all this same dull grey? Same on all vehicle over the whole track. And all the signs seem dark as well?
View attachment 996748

Yes - VAO patches are generally KN5 based. Then there are those tracks that have multiple KN5s harnessed in a models_ini file... And sometimes, instead of doing individual vao-KN5 files, the models_ini would in essence be a combined-vao, made up of multiple KN5s.

That's kinda my understanding about it...

Thanks for the heads up on the virus-detective work.
Compress separately... 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back