Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,789 comments
For some reason, unknown to me, the Codegua track from RD:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/autodromo-internacional-de-codegua.19702/

does not record total driven distance on track (none of the layouts).
File name was codegua0.6 and I thought the decimal sign was the culprit, so I renamed the track to simply codegua.
But nevertheless the driven distance still doesn't show.
I used several cars to rule out that factor.
It's not this either:
max length for track (folder-)name: 32
max length for additional layout name: 15

Can't really find anything abnormal and running out of ideas, any suggestions please ?

Last edited:
If you swap the steer.ksanim from the AD car's 'animations' folder into the same folder in Dan's car folder then it fixes the problem, the driver is positioned perfectly and no further adjustment is needed.

Sounds great, could you please share that steer.ksanim when you have a chance.:cheers:

Thank you great track. Love the infield
Is it normal that a car launched at 150km/h stops in 20m when it arrives in the grass or that we lose immediately 20 or 30 km/h as soon as a wheel touches the grass?
It's the same thing on the Atlanta infield circuit.
I don't mind that the grass slows down the cars but this seems to me to be really exaggerated.

Hello yes it was intended that way, if you dont want it just use this surfaces file , replace any surfaces.ini file inside the data folder of each layout.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/peww1nwsyi61v0w/surfaces.rar/file

I just got reminded of the existence of this car. A blast from the past if you played Midtown Madness 1 or 2 as a kid. Perhaps we could see it in AC some day?

Panoz AIV Roadster

f047ee3cf6dac84d1266f77cf44eeb83.png

309a78dc77083cfa4532c53e827d8e57.png

I've been using the NAGP or whatever version of Sebring. I prefer it over the RTB version I think is on RD. Not sure why it was the case early on but I just kinda stuck with it.

Only complaint and I am not sure if its track or cars specific but some cars looks to be visually less in contact of track surface visually than others. Also it only supports 32 cars.

ACtC-3dsXrVW6sepwAKliL-DJC9_xs5PhXs1hoR5-rrVv54XOqLDHZQaD2xwmlb5qlnkI6q89WAI2Rg7Nvbso8P3zJ4ZvZFgLRwjmNOKifstZj36lo4e1dBpKq_kV6NOgBrq46-BKK_ElgP6UnAN9IKeXhm4GA=w2560-h1440-no

Last edited:
Anyone know if this is available, and where from?

I believe all it is is a custom HUD to mimic the old style GT HUD + perhaps a PP filter with higher saturation and more contrast for that brash 1990's video game look ;-)

If I recall correctly it can be found as a download on RaceDepartment.

[EDIT]: This may not be the exact one but looking more like a later GT HUD:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/gran-turismo-hud.28888/

I am definitely downloading it though - looks awesome ;-)

Last edited:
I believe all it is is a custom HUD to mimic the old style GT HUD + perhaps a PP filter with higher saturation and more contrast for that brash 1990's video game look ;-)

Yeah, I've found that one and am using it, but the GT3 one looks Epic.

I've been using the NAGP or whatever version of Sebring. I prefer it over the RTB version I think is on RD. Not sure why it was the case early on but I just kinda stuck with it.

Only complaint and I am not sure if its track or cars specific but some cars looks to be visually less in contact of track surface visually than others. Also it only supports 32 cars.

ACtC-3dsXrVW6sepwAKliL-DJC9_xs5PhXs1hoR5-rrVv54XOqLDHZQaD2xwmlb5qlnkI6q89WAI2Rg7Nvbso8P3zJ4ZvZFgLRwjmNOKifstZj36lo4e1dBpKq_kV6NOgBrq46-BKK_ElgP6UnAN9IKeXhm4GA=w2560-h1440-no

can you share a link to the nagp version?

There's one from rF2 in the works, testing phase atm, but it's coming together nicely. It has the same feel as in rF2, so prepare for some extended fun. :dopey:
The best one available right now would be the AC track reboot, reworked by Legion.
https://perendinator.blogspot.com/search/label/Other Tracks

hot damn. his will be great then. I cannot recall which version (i think reboot), but one of them had a readme in it with a changelog that went something like
"due to many complaints the track surface was made less bumpy"

Have always wondered if it was the comminity just being gripey and if the original was correctly bumpy.. as per the rf2 version. or if the road surface was just low poly.

I already tried to do the skin on that version of the R32, but its not so good like the real version ..

dude, you should really rethink your posts in here. i mean, really.

please keep us informed, if you have found this.
pure nostalgia, very nice!

...then we need the race start sound from Gran Turismo in addition to this hud, which i asked for, some time ago.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-2214#post-13346806

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh my lord, I didn't know about this HUD mod. I MUST HAVE IT! :D

EDIT: Seriously, this would fit so well with all of the Gran Turismo type mods I've installed already.

Last edited:
Porsche 911 996.2 GT3 (2004)

v0.96

- many updates - see changelog.txt if interested.

The car will install into a new folder if you have the old version. I was hoping to get more accurate physics done before this release but that doesn't look likely in the near future, so maybe that will be in the 1.0 release :)

Have a nice weekend!
:cheers:

THANKS SO MUCH MATE!!

Here is a VAO addon.
Replace .txt with .vao-patch

Screenshot_nrms_porsche_996_gt3_2004_aa_atlanta_motor_speedway_21-3-121-19-8-32.jpg

With VAO:
Screenshot_nrms_porsche_996_gt3_2004_aa_atlanta_motor_speedway_21-3-121-19-7-55.jpg

Attachments

• main_geometry.txt
    310.8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Won't be anywhere near my rig until tomorrow but I think Dan is updating the car soon anyway. Any mirror/rear glass issues at your end?

Here you go!

thank you both, @Masscot I have not driven it yet, was waiting for the "proper" animation, I will report back on any mirror/rear glass issues, when I have driven it.

Edit1: no mirrors and/or rear glass issues, looks great here.

Last edited:
New Ilja Light Patch 1.74 preview 33

• CSP got configs that are applied to all cars and all tracks. With them, rain tyre patterns now can be applied to all cars that need them.

• Rain tyres physics parameters adjusted and fixed.

• Loading should be smoother and faster, especially with new loading caching option (I’ve added profiler which shows where time is spent exactly, and what parts were causing freezes; more optimizations are coming soon).

• All crash messages were reworked to be more informative and helpful.

• With extended physics it’s possible now to redefine collision parameters, such as friction, bounciness or softness, for both cars and tracks with new extended tracks physics (particularly helpful to make heavy cars more stiff — original AC collisions are a bit soft to simulate a bit of a flex, but those settings work well only for more lightweight cars). Also, new option now allows to tweak online collisions, helpful for cars with mass vastly different from 1000 kg (documentation is coming soon).

• And, as usual, a bunch of fixes and optimizations.

I have been off modding for a few months now so my remembering is not as fresh.
Here is two potential causes for this issue:

1) paint effect definitions in the CSP car config file (look inside the extensions folder within the car folder and scan the config file for any metallic paint effect and material replacement definitions)
You can easily disable CSP config file definitions by placing a ";" in front of the definition for testing purposes until you have found the line causing the metallic effect.
You should also definitely study the CSP config wiki on github - it is arranged in the most excellent way and allows for super easy search and research of all relevant CSP config file functions.

2) the skin you are trying to "modify" may have been created with the CM paintshop (a fantastic feature if setup properly by proper object and material naming of relevant car parts).
To create your own non metallic effect skin do this:

- create a new skin within the CM custom showroom paintshop
- remove any excessive metallic effects in the paintshop
- set the appropriate base colour in the paintshop if you wish
- now create your paint templates and skin files from within the CM custom showroom and paint on them

Those metallic effects are NOT rooted in any way within the kn5 file (Kunos vanilla AC does not know such effects).
They are entirely created adhoc through either a CSP config definition or a skin file (created with the CM paint shop).

One exception may be if a modder has used CSP custom materials to be assigned through using the hacked ksEditor, then of course the material definitions with metallic effects could be baked into the objects material definitions within the packed kn5 file, but I highly doubt that given the very simple looking conversion job as seen in the images (I also have never done that myself and I would have to look up the specifics).
The latter allows for some truly amazing livery creations - see some of those partly chrome, partly regular paint liveries as used in recent years on modern GT race cars, ...

Thanks for the explanations. But I usually do simple skins on the windows "paint", I only use the "photo" to open the file. Inside the "skin" folder that came in the car, there is a "file" with the following parameters, I didn't even try to change it. See below. "cm.skin.json"
{ "carPaint": { "complex": false, "reflection": 1.0, gloss: 1.0, "specular": 1.0, "color": "# FF640000", "flakes": 0.5, "enabled": true }, "leatherColored": { "enabled": false, "colors": [ "#FFFFFF" ] }, "rims": { "enabled": true, "colors": [ "#AFAFAF" ] } }

Wasn't this created with the PDash app perhaps?

please keep us informed, if you have found this.
pure nostalgia, very nice!

...then we need the race start sound from Gran Turismo in addition to this hud, which i asked for, some time ago.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-2214#post-13346806

Oh my lord, I didn't know about this HUD mod. I MUST HAVE IT! :D

EDIT: Seriously, this would fit so well with all of the Gran Turismo type mods I've installed already.
It might be wee while, but it is coming.

hot damn. his will be great then. I cannot recall which version (i think reboot), but one of them had a readme in it with a changelog that went something like
"due to many complaints the track surface was made less bumpy"

Have always wondered if it was the comminity just being gripey and if the original was correctly bumpy.. as per the rf2 version. or if the road surface was just low poly.

As you could plainly see in the in-car footage yesterday, Sebring is like a boulder-strewn Rubicon rally stage. Old hands say it takes more out of a car in 12 hours than Daytona and Le Mans do together. I've always wondered why Sebring isn't the last race of the season instead of the first. That way, they could just throw the chassis away after the race, instead of having to buy two cars just to get through one season (Sebring + everything else).

Last edited:
New Ilja Light Patch 1.74 preview 33

• CSP got configs that are applied to all cars and all tracks. With them, rain tyre patterns now can be applied to all cars that need them.

• Rain tyres physics parameters adjusted and fixed.

• Loading should be smoother and faster, especially with new loading caching option (I’ve added profiler which shows where time is spent exactly, and what parts were causing freezes; more optimizations are coming soon).

• All crash messages were reworked to be more informative and helpful.

• With extended physics it’s possible now to redefine collision parameters, such as friction, bounciness or softness, for both cars and tracks with new extended tracks physics (particularly helpful to make heavy cars more stiff — original AC collisions are a bit soft to simulate a bit of a flex, but those settings work well only for more lightweight cars). Also, new option now allows to tweak online collisions, helpful for cars with mass vastly different from 1000 kg (documentation is coming soon).

• And, as usual, a bunch of fixes and optimizations.

Big thing for me with this preview build is the fixes to physics with the game engine and large tracks. No wheel shake on Targa Florio or LA canyons anymore this is really really exciting! With him explaining also he has a fix in near future for the visual shaking also, this is a huge game changer for me. One of things that bothered me the most about AC so far at least in regards to the physics has now been fixed and soon no more of that shaking visually. AC future is looking quite bright at the moment now this and the rain is coming together nicely.

v0.97

- many updates - see changelog.txt if interested.

The car will install into a new folder if you have the old version. I was hoping to get more accurate physics done before this release but that doesn't look likely in the near future, so maybe that will be in the 1.0 release :)

Have a nice weekend!
:cheers:

I really don't like doing updates in quick succession but due to some texture errors for a couple of people, I've had to issue an update to 0.97 with those textures now fixed. I've updated a couple of other small things but nothing major so not really necessary to download if you didn't have any problems. Post is updated, same link as before 👍

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back