Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,754 comments
Fixed the shaders / reflections whatever on TonyB's cars. You hide your (illegal I bet) rips behind a paywall, yeah let's not talk about it anymore - but the fact that you release those in such a state that disrespect the original modders just irks me to no end.

cVLlrga.png

This is after fixing the values - yours were totally, utterly wrong lmao. This car was matte and so white when the light hit it I temporarily went blind. And you're asking money for it ? Anyway. I'll zip it.

If anyone wants the values I lifted those from the Kunos' Abarth 595 - works surprisingly well.

He said 1 month ago he wanted to release them for free , and wanted to change his pricing..
But nothing happend.

Glad you are reworking some.

There is no version of Calder road course out there? I was focused on the Thunderdome but I got some troubles making it so I halted.

View attachment 1000659

There are versions, but they are very poor quality. They are modifications of the ADC mod which in itself is very poor and is a convert from idk where.

@RMi_wood was working on a convert version that I'd requested, which would've been a proper version from GSC, which would've been able to be updated to have lighting etc.

I've also requested the 2012 Sandown mod as that is the most accurate regarding bumps, kerbs etc. Compared to the other versions of Sandown that exist are just poorly done converts from Toca.

[QUO
Fixed the shaders / reflections whatever on TonyB's cars. You hide your (illegal I bet) rips behind a paywall, yeah let's not talk about it anymore - but the fact that you release those in such a state that disrespect the original modders just irks me to no end.

cVLlrga.png

This is after fixing the values - yours were totally, utterly wrong lmao. This car was matte and so white when the light hit it I temporarily went blind. And you're asking money for it ? Anyway. I'll zip it.

If anyone wants the values I lifted those from the Kunos' Abarth 595 - works surprisingly well.
yes, 717 was made matte. Just to try. All others has glancy shaders as you like.
1.jpg

okay, will fix it

aOqeCi9Iycg.jpg
8BSvIT874NU.jpg
mNGNNBad6pI.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for checking-in... Have been working on all fronts (IRL inclusive), with limited time to test, assess and redoing required-changes, etc... Since asking, would you be interested to assist with the testing-phase, exterior feedback would be neat, let me know.
I'd be happy to provide feedback from the perspective of someone that knows absolutely nothing about how it works. AI is a mystery to me but I'm happy to do a bunch of laps in different cars/ai strengths and point out any oddities that jump out at me.

A year in the making... Shutoko Revival Project is updated to v0.9.1. Find it on their discord channel.

Changelog:
Areas
  • Added Shinjuku route (Route 4) from C1 all the way to Shinjuku railway station.
  • New ground level junction in Yokohane to be used as a turnaround point.
Gameplay
  • Added Yoyogi PA spawn point and layout.
  • New and fixed minimap.
  • Added random bumps and imperfections to the roads to make driving more interesting. Bear in mind it is still pretty rough because of the 32bit physics engine and SRP's size. A fix is being worked on by CSP.
  • Removed some unnecessary barriers.
Visuals
  • All new building materials and textures as well as improvements to materials and textures throughout the track.
  • Added more landmarks from WWMT5 in Yokohama.
  • Added animated trains and ships - Special thanks to Raildriver for train info. • Fixed 100s of graphical issues. - Many thanks to our testers. Special thanks to Obammy.
  • Shibaura PA visual enhancements.
  • Fixed building UV maps in Yokohane and Bayshore.
  • Added more realistic fireworks spawns across the whole track.
  • Added lighting to some points of interest.
  • Many lighting and track config fixes.
  • Fixed missing specular highlights on cars from track lights.
Misc
  • Drag and Drop installation support. Just drag and drop the 7zip in your Content Manager.
Performance
  • Drastic performance improvement.
  • Updated physical mesh.
  • Updated collision mesh.
  • New LODs throughout the track.
Known bugs
  • Due to what we think is a CSP issue with reflections, adjustments were made to building materials. As a result, glass buildings have blurry reflections.
  • Building materials look faded and blurry from a distance at night.

Last edited:
I have a mod - more specifically a Lancia Delta Integrale Evo by Wolf24h - that just doesn't have that dark shadow underneath, which makes it very weird. See the video. Is there any way to fix this?

5Kp3Eqw

Today I have made a lot of progress on Thunderhill and the 'Lidarification' of the track mesh - here's how it looks now. As always, when it's done it'll be available for free.

View attachment 1001021 View attachment 1001022

Another thing I did today was map out around 9km of road in Gran Canaria, does this look interesting to people? as a rally stage / sprint course. If there's enough interest I will probably make this a thing.

View attachment 1001023 View attachment 1001024 View attachment 1001025 View attachment 1001026 View attachment 1001027 View attachment 1001028

Finally... hot on the heels of Jeddah, and Wild Horse, towards the end of this week I aim to have Curborough Ready for the public release, so watch this space :D

View attachment 1001029
View attachment 1001030

I'm a sucker for the mountain course!!
However, you have so many interesting track still in wip, would you like to finish them first? like the mid field and apricot raceway mix, as well as Hong Kong track from GT4?

I'd be happy to provide feedback from the perspective of someone that knows absolutely nothing about how it works. AI is a mystery to me but I'm happy to do a bunch of laps in different cars/ai strengths and point out any oddities that jump out at me.

Thanks for that... Novice learners welcome... We all are to a degree, and learning still... You never know, you just might provide some overseen perspectives, and you'll also join-in with the community group that contributes and share on this thread... Continue via PM...

With a bit of time some paint-padding can be done to get stripes to align...

I'm sure I attempted this ages ago but gave up due to what @racealot has pointed out..the mapping is a bit crap on this one and I think it made it a bit of a pain to make even simple skins for.

I'll see what I can do. I love that mod but without the stripes it really doesn't feel the same as the Viper I used to have back in the day (BBurago 1:24).

I mapped it very haphazardly I'm afraid, I was only after a nice AO map and didn't pay any attention to how it could be skinned, mostly as the original car was so badly done that I'd already lost hope of keeping the racing stripes. Someone will most likely need to map the car for skinning, something that's beyond my current time constraints.

update thus far...
__custom_showroom_1617162224.png

__custom_showroom_1617163461.png

What a pain in the @$$ to work with... but almost there

Today I have made a lot of progress on Thunderhill and the 'Lidarification' of the track mesh - here's how it looks now. As always, when it's done it'll be available for free.

View attachment 1001021 View attachment 1001022

Another thing I did today was map out around 9km of road in Gran Canaria, does this look interesting to people? as a rally stage / sprint course. If there's enough interest I will probably make this a thing.

View attachment 1001023 View attachment 1001024 View attachment 1001025 View attachment 1001026 View attachment 1001027 View attachment 1001028

Finally... hot on the heels of Jeddah, and Wild Horse, towards the end of this week I aim to have Curborough Ready for the public release, so watch this space :D

View attachment 1001029
View attachment 1001030

Sign me up for Gran Canaria! I'm hoping more modders make some cool mountain courses, La Cabanette for instance is incredible!

A year in the making... Shutoko Revival Project is updated to v0.9.1. Find it on their discord channel.

Changelog:
Areas
  • Added Shinjuku route (Route 4) from C1 all the way to Shinjuku railway station.
  • New ground level junction in Yokohane to be used as a turnaround point.
Gameplay
  • Added Yoyogi PA spawn point and layout.
  • New and fixed minimap.
  • Added random bumps and imperfections to the roads to make driving more interesting. Bear in mind it is still pretty rough because of the 32bit physics engine and SRP's size. A fix is being worked on by CSP.
  • Removed some unnecessary barriers.
Visuals
  • All new building materials and textures as well as improvements to materials and textures throughout the track.
  • Added more landmarks from WWMT5 in Yokohama.
  • Added animated trains and ships - Special thanks to Raildriver for train info. • Fixed 100s of graphical issues. - Many thanks to our testers. Special thanks to Obammy.
  • Shibaura PA visual enhancements.
  • Fixed building UV maps in Yokohane and Bayshore.
  • Added more realistic fireworks spawns across the whole track.
  • Added lighting to some points of interest.
  • Many lighting and track config fixes.
  • Fixed missing specular highlights on cars from track lights.
Misc
  • Drag and Drop installation support. Just drag and drop the 7zip in your Content Manager.
Performance
  • Drastic performance improvement.
  • Updated physical mesh.
  • Updated collision mesh.
  • New LODs throughout the track.
Known bugs
  • Due to what we think is a CSP issue with reflections, adjustments were made to building materials. As a result, glass buildings have blurry reflections.
  • Building materials look faded and blurry from a distance at night.

thanks for the heads up! Hopefully a new traffic mod will emerge soon.

for those interested in adding a GPS in acar, I got instruction from the master himself>
• open Custom Showroom and pick a screen mesh, hoping it would have a nice UV layout for a display (for example, M4 won’t work, at least for now) • view its txDiffuse texture: notice its resolution, point at which display starts and its size in pixels • add this to car’s config:
[INCLUDE: common/navigators.ini]
[Navigator_StyleSygic]
Meshes = Geo_Nav ; here, use the name of that mesh
Brightness = 0.5 ; adjust brightness later so it wouldn’t shine too much
@ = Navigator_Size, Resolution = "2048, 1024", Offset = "10, 11", Size = "459, 286", Scale = 2 ; replace resolution with texture resolution, offset with start of display on texture, in pixels, size with size of display on texture, in pixels, adjust scale later so it would look of proper size
all the ready-to-use themes for now: • Navigator_StyleSimpleLight • Navigator_StyleSimpleDark • Navigator_StyleModernLight • Navigator_StyleModernDark • Navigator_StyleSygic • Navigator_StyleRacing you can also combine your own theme from prepared bits. if you would want to define a new theme, that is trickie

I tried one in the Levante and it worked. :cheers:

[INCLUDE: common/navigators.ini]
[Navigator_StyleModernLight]
Meshes=secondary_display
Resolution=1024, 1024
Offset=484, 0
Size=539, 405

How do i bind it to my headlights so when i turn the headlights on it turns on or when i turn them off it turns off

Anyone happen to know if cams were ever made for Legion's Autodrome de Linas-Montlhéry?
The circuit is listed as part of the "Inter War" series.

cVLlrga.png

i just don't get why people still using rfactor 3d models for ac. The cars would need a complete new 3d model not just a shader fix. It's just sad that People really paid for the cars and still say that those are good mods because they drive well. Yes they do because they use Kunos physics. But thanks for people like you who don't support them and share them for free

Hi All. Just a quick question. I have a problem where the front of cars don’t always load fully like the bottom valance say on the Kunos 190 DTM when watching replays.Also when using headlights they don’t come on until a certain distance from the replay camera.
Is there a setting in CM to fix this. Many thanks.

i just don't get why people still using rfactor 3d models for ac. The cars would need a complete new 3d model not just a shader fix. It's just sad that People really paid for the cars and still say that those are good mods because they drive well. Yes they do because they use Kunos physics. But thanks for people like you who don't support them and share them for free
i agree with you.

[QUO

yes, 717 was made matte. Just to try. All others has glancy shaders as you like.
1.jpg

okay, will fix it

aOqeCi9Iycg.jpg
8BSvIT874NU.jpg
mNGNNBad6pI.jpg

Great job Tony. Converting cars, from any other SIM format takes time. It is easy for those who sit on the sidelines to comment on quality. YET, I have seen ZERO mod contributions from them. Fixing a shader here and there is copy and paste - hardly worth a mention. Getting a car to run, look good enough as a grid filler, from nothing - worth a mention.

For those who comment from the sidelines - If someone is asking for a donation for their time to convert mods - you don't know their circumstances - either contribute or shut up.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back