Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,769 comments
The Bugatti 57SC Atlantic (the one I want) has been released in RTM's Patreon.

ed9113008bb5741a55cf579f5bf423ea.png

Hi guys, I’m in need of some help if anyone has advice?

I’ve suffered with flickering shadows and lighting for a little while and, having recently getting an RTX 3080, I thought the issue would be resolved, but unfortunately not.

I’ve got a video to show the issue. Running the most recent recommended CSP (not sure on the number)

Hi Stefan. I experienced an issue just like this over recent days and it turned out to be the 'Dynamic Shadows' module in CSP. I toggled it on an off a couple of times and then hit the reset button at the bottom of the Dynamic Shadows settings page in the CSP Settings and everything was right again after that.

EDIT: Sorry! I meant the 'Smart Shadows' settings module in CSP, not the 'Dynamic Shadows' tick-box setting.

Last edited:
Thanks. I see. What does that then do. Does it mean you can race in VR but watch replay on screen with all camera options.

No, it just makes it easier to switch back and forth between different settings. Save one for "VR" and one for "Replay" or as many as you like really, and just switch back and forth for driving vs. watching replays.

Legit but not the fastest developers. See other responses to your inquiry. Don’t expect RSS-level customer service.
Thanks, grabbed the cars I needed for the rf2 lemans season, held off on the AC ones as the rf2 ones are a tad unfinished inside. They served the purpose though to get the grid filled and pretty cheap so no complaints.

What the hell just happened?

I haven't been able to drive AC for about a month , fire it up and 90% of my tracks are gone?? I haven't checked my garage status on all my cars........but what update / patch just happened that made CM not recognize 90%+ of my tracks?

How can I change it back to the version I had 4 - 6 weeks ago?

Edit : fixed. Had something weird going on with a Steam update + my anti virus was still on ........+ whatever else. Anyways. Working good now. Hope all you dudes ( and chicks ) are doing well.

Last edited:
@slider666 unfortunately your version was not working on my side, don't know why (not properly at least)

so i've made as always a personal and a bit more complete version of it including 2 cameras set with 4 different fovs for a total of 8 cameras.

If you want i can share it with you if you are planning an updated version, if not i will share here for everyone ;)

BTW Thanks for your work man, much appreciated as always :)

View attachment 1002529 View attachment 1002530 View attachment 1002531 View attachment 1002532 View attachment 1002533 View attachment 1002534 View attachment 1002535 View attachment 1002536 View attachment 1002537 View attachment 1002538 View attachment 1002539 View attachment 1002540
Sad to hear this version don´t work for you. What exactly are the issues? Did you make a clean installation? As mentioned I had to rotate the full track ~180° to the east, to match real life direction. Maybe this causes issues with old files from former installation?

Sure, send me the files if you like, and I will put them in the next update. Or share it for your own, as you like... :D
As I still can´t get in game, I just could make a very basic light config, but mentioned this too. Updates in the future can have maybe digital flags (working ones) like the ACU version and some more things. But for now, I´ve too many other things to do and have to get first a working GPU, before making good-looking light configs... :lol:
Or somebody else will step in ... :D

So, one of the other things I mentioned... :D Armcos should be fixed now on Watkins Glen ´67: https://sharemods.com/zzt8qzwk1y9d/glen_reworked_21_04_05_slider.7z.html

Though @mascot meant, there are some double height armcos, they should be removed. Afaik they are on the speed part of the track, so they make sense. There were some graphical glitches too, eagle-eyed @Masscot found and needed being remapped on UV, "wire lines" and false masked alpha channel, etc.
upload_2021-4-6_12-3-12.png

But whatever, I and some more too, invested too much time on these armcos, more than they are imo worth it... :irked: :lol:

I separated the whole armcos from the main track to an own kn5 file. This way they can be renamed, deleted or disabled via models.ini. If somebody else wanna change or improve these armcos, just step in... :D
Thx @TheRealCeeBee for the terrain and @norms, @damone13x for help fixing the armcos. 👍 :cheers:
I´ll update the original post too with new link.

Hopefully no annoying bouncing anymore from these armcos. :lol:
Stay safe...

Edit: Ok sorry, missunderstood @Masscot. He just wanted the top ones of the doubled armcos removed. Who ever can just hide them putting this code into the config:

Code:
[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
FILE= glen_armco.kn5
HIDE= wall_armco_top?
Shouldn't make any issues with online racing, as they are just hided but still there. This shouldn't cause any checksum errors. :)

And one more:
Mid-Ohio 1991 / USA (Track Update)
Original from unknown ???

Screenshots from @TaistoTurri
upload_2021-4-6_13-33-11.png

upload_2021-4-6_13-33-51.png

Mainly updated by
@TaistoTurri:
swapped the ground material and sand traps
added background
made some window-materials reflective
deleted and edited lot of tree-textures...

@KevinK2 added new AI

@slider666
new grass fx
rain fx
very basic lights
mainly reworked trees
fixed some other small things like pennants ...

Thanks all involved ones. 👍 :cheers:
And Taisto, don't hide your light under a bushel... ;)

Sorry, we had 2,5 days and nights searching for 2 of our cats and that threw off my schedule. So it became no more Easter eggs. :boggled:
But cats are back now and I hope you still enjoy these track updates ... :D

Stay safe...

Edit: Upps, almost forgot the most important one, the link... :lol:
https://sharemods.com/8g1iw9xc48go/midohioch_21_04_06_slider.7z.html

Last edited by a moderator:
And one more:
Mid-Ohio 1991 / USA (Track Update)
Original from unknown ???

Screenshots from @TaistoTurri
View attachment 1002641
View attachment 1002642

Mainly updated by
@TaistoTurri:
swapped the ground material and sand traps
added background
made some window-materials reflective
deleted and edited lot of tree-textures...

@KevinK2 added new AI

@slider666
new grass fx
rain fx
very basic lights
mainly reworked trees
fixed some other small things like pennants ...

Thanks all involved ones. 👍 :cheers:
And Taisto, don't hide your light under a bushel... ;)

Sorry, we had 2,5 days and nights searching for 2 of our cats and that threw off my schedule. So it became no more Easter eggs. :boggled:

Stay safe...
No link?

Had the same thing with two cats before... turns out they all do that 'go away for a few days' when they enter their 'human teenager phase'. Remember ours just rocking up 3 days after we'd been searching the neighbourhood with a look of 'erm... where's my dinner?'.

Thanks both, this makes a great IMSA version for '80s content.

Sad to hear this version don´t work for you. What exactly are the issues? Did you make a clean installation? As mentioned I had to rotate the full track ~180° to the east, to match real life direction. Maybe this causes issues with old files from former installation?

Sure, send me the files if you like, and I will put them in the next update. Or share it for your own, as you like... :D
As I still can´t get in game, I just could make a very basic light config, but mentioned this too. Updates in the future can have maybe digital flags (working ones) like the ACU version and some more things. But for now, I´ve too many other things to do and have to get first a working GPU, before making good-looking light configs... :lol:
Or somebody else will step in ... :D

Basically lights are not working properly and all the replay cams are not working (if you rotate the track probably it's that the cause of the problem due to the changed position in the 3D space).

BTW i will send you the files so if you want to integrate in future update you can do it, if you think it will took times (due to the fact yuou can't go on track) i will share here for everyone, then you can update it as soon as you can ;)

Had the same thing with two cats before... turns out they all do that 'go away for a few days' when they enter their 'human teenager phase'. Remember ours just rocking up 3 days after we'd been searching the neighbourhood with a look of 'erm... where's my dinner?'.

Thanks both, this makes a great IMSA version for '80s content.
Ah yeah I know these 'human teenager phase' of them too, but no. Both cats are over this phase. :)
Max is imo 13 years old and Luna 1 year less. No they didn´t go away. At the end they were locked up ~20 m away in a shed of our neighbor. He didn´t realized the cats were in there, and he closed the door at night as it was snowing the last days and nights.
But this getting offtopic I'm afraid... :scared:

Thank you for the heads up, what is a quadra anyway?
There's a different one to the one on RD, and it's much improved. Got a fully-realised cockpit and nifty sliding doors. Loves to oversteer like a 1972 911.
The driver doesn't fit the car properly and can't be fixed (encrypted) so hopefully the modder will correct this.

Last edited:
@kris99tof I updated the download link in the original post! :cheers:
But in any case I would suggest you to try also the ACC conversion by ELEMENT1999 on Discord, because the overall quality of 3D model and texture should be better. Try both and choose.

There's a different one to the one on RD, and it's much improved. Got a fully-realised cockpit and nifty sliding doors. Loves to oversteer like a 1972 911.
The driver doesn't fit the car properly and can't be fixed (encrypted) so hopefully the modder will correct this.

Retired the trophy for Most Annoying Driver (or, The Beginning of Road Rage), but yikes! what Ring skin is that? What drone cam? Outstanding!

Hi Stefan. I experienced an issue just like this over recent days and it turned out to be the 'Dynamic Shadows' module in CSP. I toggled it on an off a couple of times and then hit the reset button at the bottom of the Dynamic Shadows settings page in the CSP Settings and everything was right again after that.
Where is the Dynamic shadows setting in CSP. Many thanks.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back