Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,074 comments
My favourite track finally in AC... and can't believe this mod runs and looks better on my computer than it does natively in Project Cars.

Nice driving... Now jump over to the online server and do some fun laps!

For more info...
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-2433#post-13402289

RT Bannochbrae
Hotlap times as at 02May2021: (45 participants - a record I believe!) :gtpflag:

upload_2021-5-2_23-17-42.png

upload_2021-5-2_23-23-33.png

Last edited:
Strange, I was just about to revisit the physics this morning. Drove the car on a mirror flat circuit and found it to have widow maker oversteer. Would you believe removing the front ARB improved it!

Stay tuned I think I'll manage an update soon.
really? lowering the front ARB? that's quite strange I'd say but i'll give it a shot since youre saying it works

The cabin is super tight on that Mygale model. Without a bespoke anim I don't think a shifting animation would ever fit.

FFB is what it is for the most part, it follows the geometry with the only adjustable parameters being overall strength and the exponent of the force curve.

I can play with the geometry but because of the way I do suspension animations it means I also need to do the changes in the 3D model.

Having said that I just took the Mygale for a spin with the Force Feedback Controller app set to auto and it increased the forces by 360%. But the steering is still very light, until you hit a bump or curve that is. At my end this is one of those cars that I can only drive with a round wheel, vs the yoke style,
lest it breaks my fingers!

You might want to adjust the caster. Formula Fords tend to have between 3-5 degrees of caster angle... Yours only has 0.5 deg, hence it tries to behave acting like a shopping cart wheel as soon as force is applied... I raised caster towards 5 degrees and then it handles as I would expect.

Just adjust the 'WBTYRE_TOP and WBTYRE_BOTTOM of the front rack in the respective front/ rear movement, e:g:
WBTYRE_TOP=0.077087, 0.109425, -0.00998
WBTYRE_BOTTOM=0.053974, -0.127954, 0.00998

(adjusting last numbers = Caster; mechanical trail, largely affects the amount of FFB)
(adjusting first numbers = KPI (King Pin / Steering inclination (affects amount of scrub, can be further tuned with the RIM_OFFSET) (the car has too much scrub, open wheelers with small tires tend to have between 5-20mm scrub radius max)

KPI and Caster always go hand in hand, as the wheel movements describe arcs, see the vid below for proper explanation:

Very good explaination of basics of suspension kinematics here:

You also might want to look into the Formula Vee, as the roll centers try to reach the moon. (play with the angles of the wishbones to adjust): (See attached image).

Attachments

• AC suspension image.jpg
    AC suspension image.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Hey guys. Does anyone have a link to the NAGP Detroit Belle Isle? I can't register to their site to download it.

Thanks in advance!

People START YOUR ENGINE!

40 cars @ rt_bannochbrae

Just to show you some frames!

Start_your_Engine.jpg

Screenshot_a3dr_honda_s800_rsc_rt_bannochbrae_2-4-121-18-44-59.png

Screenshot_a3dr_honda_s800_rsc_rt_bannochbrae_2-4-121-18-45-30.png

I want to thank A3DR for this awesome mod and the job that norms is doing to update the lods. As you can see in the screenshots I have an old GTX 980 and an I7-6700 16gb Ram fixed 50fps with 40 cars and all with RefractionFX lights.

Attachments

• Screenshot_a3dr_honda_s800_rsc_rt_bannochbrae_2-4-121-18-43-34.png
    Screenshot_a3dr_honda_s800_rsc_rt_bannochbrae_2-4-121-18-43-34.png
    130 KB · Views: 14
Looks fine to me, just tried a few laps.
Weird, I have a black screen, I seem to be racing, but it doesn't turn out well

I just found, this is not the circuit, it is Audi R8 2019 LMS ACC which does not work with the latest CSP

BK studio converted cars from ACC does not work, I just tested the Porsche 991.2 GT3 R ACC

Last edited:
Has anybody had this problem lately with driver heads floating above cars? Anyone know what's causing it or how to fix it?

Edit: Appears to have something to do with the most recent Lights Patch

Attachments

• Screenshot_gtsupreme_groupc_936c_le_mans_85_2-4-121-13-47-51.jpg
    Screenshot_gtsupreme_groupc_936c_le_mans_85_2-4-121-13-47-51.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
You might want to adjust the caster. Formula Fords tend to have between 3-5 degrees of caster angle... Yours only has 0.5 deg, hence it tries to behave acting like a shopping cart wheel as soon as force is applied... I raised caster towards 5 degrees and then it handles as I would expect.

Just adjust the 'WBTYRE_TOP and WBTYRE_BOTTOM of the front rack in the respective front/ rear movement, e:g:

(adjusting last numbers = Caster; mechanical trail, largely affects the amount of FFB)
(adjusting first numbers = KPI (King Pin / Steering inclination (affects amount of scrub, can be further tuned with the RIM_OFFSET) (the car has too much scrub, open wheelers with small tires tend to have between 5-20mm scrub radius max)

KPI and Caster always go hand in hand, as the wheel movements describe arcs, see the vid below for proper explanation:

You also might want to look into the Formula Vee, as the roll centers try to reach the moon. (play with the angles of the wishbones to adjust): (See attached image).

Quite right, Bazza, thanks. AC seems to be one of the few sims where caster adjustments aren't included in the setup menu. Changing it really changes the car's balance (I'd rather change the balance with the caster than with the toe, the way AC makes you do it). My favorite demonstration of caster is to drive in reverse, where too much caster will rip the wheel right out of your hands. Happens in real life, but also in most sims too.

Last edited:

Can you share all the changes you've made to the Formula Ford?

Weird, I have a black screen, I seem to be racing, but it doesn't turn out well

I just found, this is not the circuit, it is Audi R8 2019 LMS ACC which does not work with the latest CSP

BK studio converted cars from ACC does not work, I just tested the Porsche 991.2 GT3 R ACC

On the Discord of BK, there are reports of that, with the last preview the Audi R8 LMS Evo is broken, wait or use another preview

"nobody" wanted me to post this on behalf of the Reboot Team:

Bannochbrae, Scotland
(<- mediafire link)

View attachment 1007827

:eek::eek::eek:
Unbelieveable! I've never seen such a beautifully made Track for AC before!
You guys from the Reboot Team are absolute wizards
Thank you, thank you, thank you :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
P.S. I've already spent the whole evening in Bannochbrae:D

Last edited:
the link is a bit hard to download bc it is a crap link but the mod CERTAINLY ISN'T AN EXE FILE DON'T OPEN THAT UP.

Edit: there is the link tell me if there is a problem
https://mega.nz/file/Dg8ShI4T#nkue5kX9EtfCNqXPWIP-zOUsLGJLKu39hwHVvH1KJrI

Thank you very much @yanki . No i didnt open up that .EXE file, it was still in the Archive. I did a View of the Archive with Winrar to see what was actually in it. I agree with you it was very hard even getting that first file.

Your Archive of Detroit was easy to get. take care.

Legion has released the Mendig Fast Lap track, for all German petrolheads, you know what I am talking about. It´s the German Top Gear test track from the TV channel "Auto Motor & Sport TV" where famous N24 driver Christian Menzel pushes the cars to their limits.

Thank you so much @GzeroD ! :bowdown:

Do you guys think the grass is long enough over there ?

mendig_fastlap.png

Btw: that's a BAC Mono there :lol:
Nice track though 👍

Last edited:
Why can't "ROC" circuits be used for a race weekend, or for a custom championship? I tried, but the game crashes: "unexpettend error". I can only do "fast race" :boggled: :banghead: :confused:

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back