Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,770 comments
Is their an update or fix for Rio De Janeiro? I get 15-20fps in this tunnel. The rest of the track I get 40-50fps.
Desktop 2021.05.13 - 16.22.05.02_Moment.jpg

Is their an update or fix for Rio De Janeiro? I get 15-20fps in this tunnel. The rest of the track I get 40-50fps.
View attachment 1010732
That is rather strange. The track is very detailed and maybe a bit heavy but even with triple screen setup and World Detail to max I have 99.4 fps AVG and no dip in the tunnel, alone on track that is. But racing in a pack is perfectly possible.
I see you are using the New Civic TNC3, which is not really the best car to compare track performance btw...

Last edited:
That is rather strange. The track is very detailed and maybe a bit heavy but even with triple screen setup and World Detail to max I have 99.4 fps AVG and no dip in the tunnel, alone on track that is. But racing in a pack is perfectly possible.
I see you are using the New Civic TNC3, which is not really the best car to compare track performance btw...

fwiw I got tired of those killer bumps just past the tunnel and up the hill, and patched them up with a phy mesh over them (and the manholes un -1roaded, in a personal version, much easier to drive faster/lower/tensioned suspension cars there now. . I did post about it earlier but heard the team were working on the track again anyhow. Lets hope they include a bit of a fixup in that area.

Looking for good Karting Tracks? What are your favorites? Thx.

Cockburn, It's genuinely my favourite kart track IRL. If only I could do it justice.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/cockburn-international-kartway.29652/

Ain't nobody got time for homework! I do need to do some though, just not this week. :D

This is as good as I could manage in 36 hours.

I have got issues with my road surface normal map, it doesn't receive light from some angles, not sure if it's the NM texture I made in Gimp having mipmaps or another issue with the normals in 3D or maybe just a CSP thing? A next time problem.

Couldn't create a damn AI line candidate to start making cameras, it wouldn't save.
I Googled it, turned CSP off and even ran vanilla AC without SOL either. :yuck:
Tried the AI helper app to make sidelines first, that didn't save anything either. FML

Anyway, I hope the three people that download it get a kick out of it.

Last edited:
View attachment 1010732
I tried turning off "extra fx" fake shadows ect. nothing seemed to work. It appears I was running the original rio v.01. I just found a rio v.06 and it is much better im getting around 60 fps now:) Thanks for the help, and is this the most current to date might anybody know, Thanks

Random question.
For the RSS Hyperion. Could i convert NR2003 skins to the RSS Template for private use of course.

Last edited:
We have 2 versions of Reims-Gueux but they represent the period of 1954 - 1972 so I'd really enjoy having a 1950-1951 version. But if I check e.g.

https://www.racingcircuits.info/europe/france/reims.html#.YJ4356j7SUk or
https://blogautomobile.fr/il-fut-un...-et-meme-un-gp-deurope-du-cote-de-reims-56058

I don't find your layout. Also, pictures from 1950, e.g.

https://www.gettyimages.at/detail/n...july-1-1951-early-in-nachrichtenfoto/88921741

do not show any rails at all and no separated pit-lane. I am a bit confused.

Last edited:
I tried turning off "extra fx" fake shadows ect. nothing seemed to work. It appears I was running the original rio v.01. I just found a rio v.06 and it is much better im getting around 60 fps now:) Thanks for the help, and is this the most current to date might anybody know, Thanks
Yes, I've got the v0.6 too and I'm sure it's the latest..

There is another version of Reims that is 60'ish. Don't remember where I got it :/

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dvp2pokdc3puelq/reims67.rar

That one has the right layout (that is, an almost perfect triangle), but the graphics are about on a par with Bruce Artwick's original Flight Simulator, circa 1979. I dream of a Reims-Gueux that looks--more or less--like it does today (a few things have changed; f.e., the Thillois Hairpin has been 'modernized'), run-down, dilapidated, gone-to-seed, but still recognizable as the Reims of old. Thus:

Reims-Gueux.jpg

Last edited:
That one has the right layout (that is, an almost perfect triangle), but the graphics are about on a par with Bruce Artwick's original Flight Simulator, circa 1979. I dream of a Reims-Gueux that looks--more or less--like it does today (a few things have changed; f.e., the Thillois Hairpin has been 'modernized'), run-down, dilapidated, gone-to-seed, but still recognizable as the Reims of old. Thus:

View attachment 1010807

I'm new in AC. Mostly GPL-er (much more active than in AC), so graphics are almost always good for me, and especially if they are ambiented to some past time. I didn't try Terra21's version yet but that screen capture looks great to me :)

Marcos.

Random question, is there a GT1-class data swap available for the URD C6.R? The car I believe is a GT2 car but no other real quality C6.R in GT1 trim available....I know the model isn't quite right but better that nothing I think...

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back