Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,806 comments
The lights are dependend of the sun angle, bc the condition "NIGHT_SMOOTH" is used.

You could create urself a new condition, smtg like
Code:
[CONDITION_...]
; active at 19:30–07:00
NAME=NIGHT_1930
INPUT=TIME
LUT=(|0=1|25200=1|25200.01=0|70200=0|70200.01=1|86400=1|)
LAG=0.9
and replace every entry "NIGHT_SMOOTH" within the ext_config.ini with "NIGHT_1930".

Code is just created from memory, completely untested!

I think the position of the sun does change depending on the time of the year (if the track has the right geo coordinates etc) so I prefer to use the sun position as an input:

[CONDITION_0]
NAME = NIGHT_SHARP_SLOW_HEATING
INPUT = SUN
LUT = (|0=0|83=0|83=1|175=1)

....now that I think about it, I dont remember testing this thoroughly throught the year :lol:

Last edited:
The lights are dependend of the sun angle, bc the condition "NIGHT_SMOOTH" is used.

You could create urself a new condition, smtg like
Code:
[CONDITION_...]
; active at 19:30–07:00
NAME=NIGHT_1930
INPUT=TIME
LUT=(|0=1|25200=1|25200.01=0|70200=0|70200.01=1|86400=1|)
LAG=0.9
and replace every entry "NIGHT_SMOOTH" within the ext_config.ini with "NIGHT_1930".

Code is just created from memory, completely untested!
:cheers: NIGHT_SMOOTH this I think can be configured ingame with the sol app,
Thanks for the explanation, I'm going to try to see that, in some tracks I use a high contrast ppf at night because with the sol ppf you don't see anything.

I don't have custom manager, but I have it in the correct folder.
Interestingly if I make a server for myself, I can see it there and even join it.

I've had this issue with the GTA 3 Liberty city map as well, but everything else works fine.

Anyway I've just had the suddon urge to puke since I've just seen it's an encrytped map, so **** the authors for that.
I guess at this point I don't even want to make it work.

My track is compressed whit the LXZ format that used by CM if you not have CM not works.

Try this one from other link

Last edited:
you are right @Pfalzdriver But I did not know that the time the lights were turned on was connected to the cycle of the sun.

If I remember correctly in rfactor if there was a parameter in some .ini to configure that.

Any way thanks to @Mitch9 for the for advice, learning things is always okay.

Do you know guys? I have always wanted to learn how to modify tracks, but when I have tried to do something that seems simple to me, such as putting lights on a track that does not have ... I find tutorials that do not go directly to that and put everything at once time.

It is a feeling similar to when you get your driver's license, you have to learn 5000 different things to really use day by day 4.

It could be very helpful because I am a fast learner, and I am very passionate about this, but the beginning kills me.

found on cs.rin.ru. The angriest tabletop racer ever..

Download: "If Danny Devito was a racecar..."

"Tons of fun. 8 Gears.
Physics setup for fun and something different where you feel the car when it get's light over bumps at speed relative to its size. You will feel the front get light and bouncy. Drive it for a while, you will get used to it, and love it. Be sure to try with GPK F1 "kart" tracks
."

Loves being on two wheels, launching, going around corners, in fact the only one I had not managed is doing a stoppie on the front two wheels ;)

View attachment 1011829

Source https://cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=63798&p=2374560#p2374560

It needs full f1 skins!!!

need download link asap, does anyone have it?

need download link asap, does anyone have it?
upload_2021-5-19_20-18-41.png

lol amazing!! hahahaha looks very good :lol:

I think i have rainbow road extracted from DS i take a look in my files

here https://www.mediafire.com/file/viq94z2njoxpfjd/ds_rainbow_road.rar/file

car stuck in looping :lol::lol::lol:

this one has me beat, but, i think its a limitation in AC physics to make those loops. I even built i fancy new physical mesh for it with borders to stop us going flying off the edge, (invisible in game of course) so i can build up speed, but the minute the car gets anywhere near vertical or upside down its like physics fly out of the window.

before
upload_2021-5-19_20-24-5.png

after
upload_2021-5-19_20-21-9.png

The sebring of rF2 It is the same that the VLM did for rf1 but updated to rf2

And that track is converted to AC, I have it.
can you share it please? the AC version I mean. I also have one but its an under wraps kind of thing so id like to play with a released version.

Last edited by a moderator:
this one has me beat, but, i think its a limitation in AC physics to make those loops. I even built i fancy new physical mesh for it with borders to stop us going flying off the edge, (invisible in game of course) so i can build up speed, but the minute the car gets anywhere near vertical or upside down its like physics fly out of the window.

before
View attachment 1011915
after
View attachment 1011914
Without a doubt it is a limitation of the physical AC engine, I have seen corners and sections bakend like a wall, but making a loop is impossible.
Perhaps a solution to make that track playable is to directly cut the loop and replace it with a banked corner or straight.

sebring: https://www.mediafire.com/file/kyqmo6nw4dmi26b/sebring.rar/file

Enjoy this track is master piece.

My track is compressed whit the LXZ format that used by CM if you not have CM not works.

Try this one from other link

This one works, I can see it in AC, and even use it without CSP, however this is not the same track.
I was checking ACP World if I remember well.

Without a doubt it is a limitation of the physical AC engine, I have seen corners and sections bakend like a wall, but making a loop is impossible.
Perhaps a solution to make that track playable is to directly cut the loop and replace it with a banked corner or straight.

hmm must have already had this one? too many Sebrings.. no such thing!!!
upload_2021-5-19_21-25-19.png

upload_2021-5-19_21-30-2.png

6a3410750b82c3cc9bd61dbaf522729bo.png

f4e35b4a61cc9dcd3c4904814bf06dc3o.png

63635255317cc37358e1d3e739928d74o.png

@TheRealCeeBee

Another candidate to be converted to Choro'Q ?? :lol:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/3wpmmoh2j98l2kk/hayabusa.rar/file

I don't know which version of Sebring you had, but I gave you the VLM, it's the only one I had, and this usually happens because if I have two identical circuits, I usually erase the worst one.

This one works, I can see it in AC, and even use it without CSP, however this is not the same track.
I was checking ACP World if I remember well.

Think that sooner or later you will have to install CM, because you will find this problem very often, since many files that are re-uploaded are compressed with that format.

Last edited:

hmm must have already had this one? too many Sebrings.. no such thing!!!
View attachment 1011928
View attachment 1011931

That is the old version by AC Reboot Team, which is good.
If you want more layouts (4) you can install the version from Legion

https://perendinator.blogspot.com/search/label/Other Tracks
which is the same but with 3 added layouts (GT, Club, School).

Imo at this moment the best available Sebring version.

re: loops
I have a big pipe track... no loop
I have converted tracks with loops... no loop-de-loop

They all spit you out as you go > 90deg (some right through the mesh)

Last edited:
re: loops
I have a big pipe track... no loop
I have converted tracks with loops... no loop-de-loop

They all spit you out as you go > 90deg (some right through the mesh)
That had thought that perhaps the solution of the loop is to make it tubular.

But of course, within the loop you should make a very determined trajectory through the wall, never to go past the 90º limit that the game engine has.

You could show a video of the Stratos in action. I have my doubts about if the steering animation will work correctly alongside the wheel movement during the door operation. I would expect that for a payware mod.
+1

I am interested in those models, but I have serious doubts that they work, also what one expects from a paid mod is that this is not a kunos car with a carcass on top.

Gary Paterson's autounion v16 is a car built from 0 and the difference is very noticeable with other conversions that are kunos cars with the carcass on top. And it is a free car.

After the latest updates on Racedepartment I created a completely new userstyle for it and after I was asked to share it, I created an account on userstyles.org to share it and to make it easier to update afterwards:
https://userstyles.org/styles/203796/racedepartment-2021-v1-0

This can be used with Stylus and Add-on for Firefox or Chrome and Opera:
https://github.com/openstyles/stylus

There are 3 styles for different parts of the site.
Startpage showing both sidebars:
upload_2021-5-19_15-42-13.png

navigating the categories without right sidebar:
upload_2021-5-19_15-42-53.png

and showing a mod with infos like author and more in right sidebar:
upload_2021-5-19_15-43-57.png

I hope RD won't change their design again anytime soon. That will undo some things for sure. But you can always turn off a user style by clicking the icon in the browser.
Hope you enjoy it... :D

TRACK UPDATE by CrisT86

13X - AA IMS v2.0

- New EXT_CONFIG* featuring LightFX, RainFX, GrassFX
- New VAO Patches

UPDATED to v1.2 with the addition of Rain Streams by @KevinK2. For who already downloaded it, redownload the whole pack and overwrite

DOWNLOAD

View attachment 1009893 View attachment 1009894 View attachment 1009895

Any chance someone knows what's going on with this circuit?

I can't pit. As I pull into the pits, the red box disappears, then nothing happens.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back