Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,798 comments
At first I thought it was because maps were missing or incorrect. So I made new ones, but still not possible to generate outlines.
Never seen this before.
Any idea ?
I had that happen as well, maybe some kind of encryption, like when you cannot generate custom previews of a car mod?

thank you. maybe if i find the time, just very busy with work right now and just made those skins to relax on my days off.
No need to rush, I'm grateful for every real world skin people make :D

Last edited:
Madeena al-Bahar
v1.0
View attachment 996246 View attachment 996247 View attachment 996248 View attachment 996249 View attachment 996250 View attachment 996253

Madeena Al Bahar is a fictional 4.615 km long street circuit, located somewhere.... around Dubai.

Features:
- 20 car grid (15 car max AI please)
- LightsFX, LightsFX, LightsFX (did I mention it has lights?)
- RainFX, VAO, fully CSP dependant
- physical mesh
- gratuitous sky objects

AC Credits:
@Mitch9 - extensive mesh rework, textures and all CSP features including the incredible light show
@RMi_wood - track conversion, AI, graphical theme concept, etcetera
@DaBaeda - Cameras

Origin Credits:
Track created by MadCowie
GTR2 versions by BillBro and BenMK1*
*This track based on the GTR2 version by BenMK1

:: DOWNLOAD ::
I don't know how I missed this track! (I saw a random YouTube video of the track.) Probably due to the speed and activity of this thread. Looks wonderful at night! My only critique is the road looks odd in certain sections. Almost cartoony because road textures are bland. Any chance for an update? OR does someone have a skin add-on?

..again. my skin, delivered with the track, is not changing the terrain.

@racealot
is it inteded, that your lights update just put lights everywhere? even when there is no light source on the track?
looking unnatural on my end now, in night and rain racing.

Lighting effects are applied with & without light-resources located on track... And yes, light sources are selectively positioned (not random- otherwise the project would not take as long to do)... Keep in mind the track IRL would have very limited lighting, if any, particularly on track... Night racing with rain was thoroughly tested as it had to visually satisfy multiple ingame filters, video-config setups, FPS rates - hence, results that were deployed - may not necessarily be compatible with all user-systems - the aim is to satisfy the masses - here are some pics taken of the light positioning at testing, and some ingame night-rain screenshots.

Would you post some screenshots of what you're seeing?

ddm_gts_willow_springs__lights.jpg

WS__night-rain_01.jpg

WS__night-rain_02.jpg

Using CSP 175 p1, Sol 2.1, Sol_Extra filter...

so.. turn off weatherFX (sol) and default midday looks like so.. (and a nice FPS bump too!) so definately something about the shaders and sol do not like each other.. using the good old normal Natural_Mod PP on 100% exposure.

The original Mike08 skin.
View attachment 1012743

and the racealot skin
View attachment 1012747

and both? not sure if they work like that?
View attachment 1012748

but, common denominator is SOL is turned off..
View attachment 1012744

Freaking amazing results - thanks for testing and posting outcomes - will need to test myself to see, and get that needed FPS bump... FYI, Mike's skin is only related to grass-vegetation (suitable to tracks' landscape), and does not alter the colour of turf/soil...

I though you tried Sol_colour_neutral_Sensitometric, not Sol_colour_neutral_Linear..?
Edit: yeah, it is kind of like wearing lightly-tinted sunglasses.
I need to find a way to get that contrast permanently back in the clouds though. With that filter the Windy clouds look angry and full of the threat of rain.
With the basic Sol filter they're just a mushy white/light grey blend.

'Windy' is the way to go racing... Menacing clouds ready to burst and stuff your laps...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope this isn't too "someone just coming here to post pics" but I wanted to gauge peoples' interest.

I've been working on a lot of older or lower quality cars that have nice models but are let down by materials. One example is this RS5:

Before:
20210524-005341-aspertsham-audi_rs5.png

After:
20210524-005431-aspertsham-audi_rs5.png

Releasing them shouldn't be an issue as they're only really an extension folder for the cars, no model edits (although I did darken the skin on this RS5). Would people be interested in stuff like this, and are there any particularly bad offenders for materials?

Hope this isn't too "someone just coming here to post pics" but I wanted to gauge peoples' interest.

I've been working on a lot of older or lower quality cars that have nice models but are let down by materials. One example is this RS5:

Before:
View attachment 1012772

After:
View attachment 1012773

Releasing them shouldn't be an issue as they're only really an extension folder for the cars, no model edits (although I did darken the skin on this RS5). Would people be interested in stuff like this, and are there any particularly bad offenders for materials?
I'm actually in favor for this, especially since I've been lately trying to improve lots of cars I have on my AC by baking AO for them whenever they have a good mapping (if not then I'll create one obviously), use better textures whenever needed and using Kunos values for all shaders or so. I've recently improved ChiefWiggum's Alfa Romeo Tipo 33 TT12 from rFactor 2 then converted by RMi_Wood to AC by baking it a 4K AO in relation for its 4K textures it uses and made normals for some of them, the problem is that some engine parts have bad mapping due to its engine texture having 10 squares all making up parts which overlap together, therefore looking bad on the model. I contacted him on RD asking him how he could ever fix it, hopefully getting a reply these days.
__custom_showroom_1621646405.png
__custom_showroom_1621646410.png
__custom_showroom_1621646474.png
__custom_showroom_1621646485.png

188210953_138395681671669_4962262418301129388_n.png

188312676_2786318485012460_5580967953582783350_n.png

Tho the real problem lies within my current PC components which made it all up since 2016 and makes AC run at max 27 FPS at best (with Reshade and Fall Guy's CSP and video presets) while Blender will sometimes lag with HQ materals or in render mode:
GPU: nVidia GTX 950 Zotac 2GB
CPU: Intel Core i5 6400 Skylake 2.80GHz
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury DD3 8GB
Motherboard: Asus B150 Pro Gaming DDR3

So I'm hopefully planning soon to get all stuff from AMD like Ryzen 5 or 7 and Radeon 5000/6000 via their site since it's the only way to get them all at their true prices instead of other places sadly inflatuated by miners and scalpers and enjoy AC in a better way like most of you do currently.

Last edited:
That's half your problem right there. Get rid of reshade.

I'm curious what people's thoughts are on ReShade. I'm all for it myself, if it is used in a subtle way and not over-done. I personally use it just for ambient lighting and ray-tracing, like so;

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1621839246124.jpg
    FB_IMG_1621839246124.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 54
  • FB_IMG_1621839235056.jpg
    FB_IMG_1621839235056.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 51
  • FB_IMG_1621839223359.jpg
    FB_IMG_1621839223359.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 47
  • FB_IMG_1621839168039.jpg
    FB_IMG_1621839168039.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
I'm curious what people's thoughts are on ReShade. I'm all for it myself, if it is used in a subtle way and not over-done. I personally use it just for ambient lighting and ray-tracing, like so;

From what I've read on the CSP discord, I was under the impression that ReShade can play havoc with CSP, as well as leading to a large performance hit with graphics/FPS in general.

Personally, I just don't see any need for graphic enhancements beyond what's possible with CSP either, but... each to their own.

Last edited:
Screenshot (81).png

tried everything, but still no grip difference. Also noticed I don't have rain debug in the WeatherFX app, strange enough since I had it until 0.1.74 p98

From what I've read on the CSP discord, I was under the impression that ReShade can play havoc with CSP, as well as leading to a large performance hit with graphics/FPS in general.

Personally, I just don't see any need for graphic enhancements beyond what's possible with CSP either, but... each to their own.

Just to clarify, this isn't meant to cause a huge debate. MrBoo piqued my curiosity as I see a lot of YouTubers using it alongside CSP on their 'photorealistic' videos.

I agree, each to their own.

I wonder if (fake) ray tracing will ever be bought to CSP, since it is now available through ReShade.

View attachment 1012845

tried everything, but still no grip difference. Also noticed I don't have rain debug in the WeatherFX app, strange enough since I had it until 0.1.74 p98

I also have the problem with the lack of grip changes. No matter what I change, the grip is always the same. Even when I manually enable extended physics in car.ini. Very mysterious.

If you have RSR Live Timing running, you need to temporarily disable it to have access to Rain Debug.

I also have the problem with the lack of grip changes. No matter what I change, the grip is always the same. Even when I manually enable extended physics in car.ini. Very mysterious.

If you have RSR Live Timing running, you need to temporarily disable it to have access to Rain Debug.
my god who would've thougt that disabling RSR would've helped! now sliding like nothing on the rain! thanks for the hint man

I use reshade very lightly in gameplay, but a lot for replays and screenshots.

On framerate related notes, setting reflections per frame above two can hit FPS in Sol 2.1.

my god who would've thougt that disabling RSR would've helped! now sliding like nothing on the rain! thanks for the hint man

I just knew that when I disable RSR Rain debug is back. That the extended physics works again, I did not know. I have to try it myself later.

Here it is... the mega-update for the Willow Springs track...

View attachment 1012699

Mod Features: (all layouts - big, htm, sow, sow_l & sow_m)
- track lighting
- rain FX
- many cams, including some action close-ups
- background screen images
- CM/CSP required
- original ext_config file included (backup)...

- new fast/pit AI lanes for big & htm layouts
- new pit AI lane for all sow layouts

- tarmac skin for htm layout
- toned-inner-field skin covering all layouts

DOWNLOAD LINK

is there possible get the mountain get coloring too?
personally I thanks to you for give alternative coloring of this so bit more driveable (and not blinding) but mountain color is bit killing the vibes

660_series_ha23v-ddm_gts_willow_springs-20210524092940.png

is there possible get the mountain get coloring too?
personally I thanks to you for give alternative coloring of this so bit more driveable (and not blinding) but mountain color is bit killing the vibes

660_series_ha23v-ddm_gts_willow_springs-20210524092940.png

Was just taking a look at the additional work required to get this done... For now, when driving, think of it as if they were intermittent cloud-coverage moving right along... That Hill up-ahead contains the most number of images (the right-side of the Hill in particular)... We'll see how time can be fitted along this week...

If and when it's done, interested in testing it for me? Thanks.

I use reshade very lightly in gameplay, but a lot for replays and screenshots.

On framerate related notes, setting reflections per frame above two can hit FPS in Sol 2.1.

The latest _Sol update is amazing, but I can't find a ppf that can play a 24h race well, I am forced to use a different ppf in the morning and another at night, and configure the track by track lighting.

The problem with modern games is lighting, in dark areas you can't see anything at all.

By the way, it had a ppf that made the moonlight illuminate a lot, and so if you could do 100% playable night races, but it does not work with the new _Sol

Here it is... the mega-update for the Willow Springs track...

View attachment 1012699

Mod Features: (all layouts - big, htm, sow, sow_l & sow_m)
- track lighting
- rain FX
- many cams, including some action close-ups
- background screen images
- CM/CSP required
- original ext_config file included (backup)...

- new fast/pit AI lanes for big & htm layouts
- new pit AI lane for all sow layouts

- tarmac skin for htm layout
- toned-inner-field skin covering all layouts

DOWNLOAD LINK
can you post please track link ? thx

Most of the links to Vheeth tracks are broken, it's a big loss considering the quality of his work, does someone has alternate links for Cascavel, Curitiba, Goiania and Velo Park?

Last edited:
guys how to add more pits to a track?
Rip the .kn5 containing spawns to .fbx using the CMD tool found online or something like track config builder (very handily also creates a .ini for materials in KSeditor) or CSP might even do it these days.

In 3DSmax (I don't know blender, I assume its similar) you would add more dummies and name them correctly AC_PIT_# and AC_START_# and check they have the correct z-forward y-up orientation.

Once done, load the .fbx into KSeditor (hopefully the dummies aren't on a visible mesh so materials .ini won't matter) ensure the dummies are not visible then export to replace the original .kn5 then ensure every single person has this new version of the track so it works online.

Simple really...

Forgot to add the new pit # into ui.json

Last edited:
Thanks for your excellent work compiling these lists.
I decided to refresh my library so downloaded all the best tracks from your list...well those that I could. There are a number of them that are no longer available unfortunately.

I have made a list of those that aren't available - https://pastebin.com/QLhKvuEd

From my all days updated list :

nagp_detroit : https://mega.nz/file/Dg8ShI4T#nkue5kX9EtfCNqXPWIP-zOUsLGJLKu39hwHVvH1KJrI
vhe_hockenheim : https://www.mediafire.com/file/9sichj4zenuakef/vhe_hockenheim_1.1.rar/file
acu_istanbul-park : http://www.mediafire.com/file/0e47a1srbkvawna/Acu_trackpack.7z/file
vhe_cascavel, vhe_curitiba, vhe_goiania : https://mega.nz/folder/FZh0EK7I#Sa0ZAOTG7MwSoBMC2JXPOQ
zw_nogaro : https://mega.nz/file/JI4RGYwS#K5dCvIuuCldbSlpgbKT4C1qAVawRWQP38eJiu5VIVNw
actk_arnos : https://sharemods.com/r683pks24use/actk_arnos.7z.html
aa_phoenix_raceway : https://mega.nz/folder/SOAQVbDL#zAo0G0ix_Vg4r6KEg-_0wg

Enjoy

You shouldn't have eyes bigger than your stomach ...
I have my own Reshade preset.
Do not activate everything in CSP, all fx in Reshade, etc. limit the number of apps in Asssetto Corsa (look debug python app), etc.

(Sorry for my english)

ive asked you like a million times to please reupload your preset.

i want to try

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back